Radiant and Hellfire Armor Skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

36000 ap with todays rates is more like 6 or 7 years.

And you’re gonna be even further behind than that if you weren’t here for season one living story where the achievements gave 5-10-15-25-50 ap rewards every few weeks.

Now we get 1. Which pretty much puts these sets in the may-as-well-not-even-be-in-the-game category of attainability.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Anet doesnt want to make new sets every few months, so they made the requirements high enough that they will only have to make these 2 sets for the lifetime of the game. Learn to deal with it already or act as if they werent there.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Anet doesnt want to make new sets every few months, so they made the requirements high enough that they will only have to make these 2 sets for the lifetime of the game. Learn to deal with it already or act as if they werent there.

That’s not how the universe works man. “Either it’s one set every few months or one set for the lifetime of the game!”

I think most people will be acting as if it isn’t there for years to come. And in a twisted sort of way, I would find it amusing if no one ever got a full set before the game dies.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: lin.6487

lin.6487

i can understand that Anet doesn’t want to keep making armor for AP. but 2 set will take normal player 5+years to get…. that seem a bit extreme. If they don’t rework some of the parts around, most people like me will just forget they ever have them in the game in the first place..

Posted by: Rambodacious.7495

Rambodacious.7495

These armor sets are out of reach, by around another 1.5 to 2 years for the top AP holders in the world. That would put the first person obtaining one set 3.5 – 4 years into the game’s lifetime.

I’m all for Anet making them difficult to obtain etc. However, and I’ve yet to see a valid counter to the argument of reducing the acquisition of the first set to 18k AP’s, these sets are not only for reward, but to be enjoyed by players. Preventing 99.999999999999% of your game’s population from ever obtaining a full set is ludicrous.

Further, these were put in game prior to Anet creating the full set which is why they are staggered the way they are reward-wise. Anet’s only difficulty now isn’t deciding whether to change the first full set being awarded at the already-difficult-to-achieve-for-the-majority-of-the-game’s-population 18k AP’s, it’s putting in the code that removes everyone’s selections and allows them to re-choose which set they want to pursue first.

Lastly, it’s simply more profitable for ANET to use 18k AP for a full set. Many people simply won’t try if it remains at 36 AP, hell, many won’t try if it’s 18k, but at least some will and that means players continuing to play the game that otherwise wouldn’t. $$$

- Muke Muscleshell
- Potluck Massacre [PLUM]
- Sanctum of Rall

fellyn.5083

I’m not sure if you’re serious or not.

If you’re serious then you’re not worth talking with and if you’re not serious it means you’re trolling in which case you’re not worth talking with.

Labjax.2465

Hey now, let’s not make this personal just because we disagree.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m not sure if you’re serious or not.

Oh, he is. He just wants an armor set noone else will possibly ever get. And he has way too optimistic opinion on his own chances of getting it.
(but then, there are people that would find enjoyment in denying stuff to others, even if it means they themselves won’t get it as well).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

fellyn.5083

Who is making it personal?

We’re not here to talk about how things should stay the same. We’re here to talk about making the game better.

Saying that we should either deal with it or forget they exist helps no one.

Labjax.2465

Who is making it personal?

We’re not here to talk about how things should stay the same. We’re here to talk about making the game better.

Saying that we should either deal with it or forget they exist helps no one.

That was in reference to another post or two that presumably got deleted. Now it just looks random and out of context lol.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I honestly couldn’t be bothered about Radiant and Hellfire armor. They’re rather generic and cannot be dyed, so in many ways, they’re worse off than many of the far easier to acquire armor sets out there.

I do agree that the amount of achievement points needed to acquire them is nothing short of ludicrous, especially given their limitations, so I agree with the point of reducing the amount of AP’s needed to acquire the entire set, but even then, I doubt I’d ever use them.

Also, people should be using armor because they like the style. We should be coming up with fun combinations or themes to show off our characters and role play in a manner that’s fun and interesting. It shouldn’t be about showing off prestige. In my opinion, using AP’s to time gate armor as a measure of prestige kinda kills the sense of fashion fun.

fellyn.5083

Especially in a game that is all about visual aesthetics as it’s end game. Given that these are literally the only 2 armor sets that have been added to the game since release that weren’t put in the gem store it makes it even more ridiculous.

Then again, I can see anets logic here. Put these sets out of reach for 99.99999999% of the games population for the life of the game and people will be more inclined to buy gems and gem store armor. They won’t ever have to worry about putting mechanisms in place to obtain new armors, either. Win win.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Not true. Anet has added more than a few Non gemstore armor sets, including the glorious armor set which was released like 2 weeks ago.

Expect an expansion, that’s the only way these numbers make sense.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

As someone who is near to 24k ap, i’d dare to say those armors are where they should be, extremely hard to get, behind a massive wall of ap.

Now don’t get me wrong, i’m not saying its not near impossible to get them at this point, it really is, but the thing is, anet will sooner or later have to release new content, and ap with it that will reach the 50k ap points, or even slightly over it.

It would be highly optimistic of anet to expect that people would play this game for 10 years, and gain 1k ap each year to get the armor, so its more likely they will release content, and mark my words, ALOT of it in the next year or so. They were buying time for over 2 years now with this living story experiment, now its time for some old school actual content.

TL;DR, give us more content→more ap→more fun→radiant/hellfire full armors will come in due time

fellyn.5083

As someone who is near to 24k ap, i’d dare to say those armors are where they should be, extremely hard to get, behind a massive wall of ap.

Now don’t get me wrong, i’m not saying its not near impossible to get them at this point, it really is, but the thing is, anet will sooner or later have to release new content, and ap with it that will reach the 50k ap points, or even slightly over it.

It would be highly optimistic of anet to expect that people would play this game for 10 years, and gain 1k ap each year to get the armor, so its more likely they will release content, and mark my words, ALOT of it in the next year or so. They were buying time for over 2 years now with this living story experiment, now its time for some old school actual content.

TL;DR, give us more content->more ap->more fun->radiant/hellfire full armors will come in due time

Your argument doesn’t make any sense.

If they reshuffled when you got the armors around it would change almost nothing for you except for the fact that you won’t need 33000 ap before you finish your first set.

The only reason the rewards are placed where they are now is because that is the order in which they were added to the game. And anet was too lazy to do anything about it when they should have.

Assuming they do add more content to the game, which they will, no question there. They will have to significantly increase the amount of ap given to the amounts we received living story season one. Or else no one who played after that time frame will ever get one full set, not to mention two.

You have 24k ap and that’s fine and dandy but you have to remember that you played the game when anet was handing out ap like candy at halloween. It is now impossible to get the ap levels you have.

I’ll bet you’re fine with all the super fun ways we have in the game to get precursor weapons, too.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

People are claiming these sets are meant to be rare but anet has never said as much.

Anet putting them at 3k AP apart from the very beginning means they are meant to be rare. It’s inferred, it shouldn’t have to be stated.

I’m certain they will put more AP progress in the game.

fellyn.5083

People are claiming these sets are meant to be rare but anet has never said as much.

Anet putting them at 3k AP apart from the very beginning means they are meant to be rare. It’s inferred, it shouldn’t have to be stated.

The fact that they are 3k ap apart means nothing. The fact that they are ordered the way they are means nothing.

The only reason they are placed where they are is because that is the order in which they were added to the game.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

The fact that they are 3k ap apart means nothing. The fact that they are ordered the way they are means nothing.

The only reason they are placed where they are is because that is the order in which they were added to the game.

The only thing it means is they are lazy. They started with a definite order and then stopped that and just made the order into the order that they made them in. Its sloppy and lazy.

fellyn.5083

The only thing it means is they are lazy. They started with a definite order and then stopped that and just made the order into the order that they made them in. Its sloppy and lazy.

I thought that would go without saying. lol

SonOfJacob.7396

The fact that they are 3k ap apart means nothing.

If it means nothing, what are you complaining about? You really need to think about what you are actually writing.

Everything I read in the responses point to impatience and “how impossible” to achieve these currently are, which is entirely “now-oriented”, but I plan to keep playing for a long time. Eventually, I’ll get them.

But even if they changed the system, people would complain about something else. Even if they fixed everything on everyone’s list, people would still complain.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

TL;DR, give us more content->more ap->more fun->radiant/hellfire full armors will come in due time

It would be highly optimistic to think arenanet is going to release an expansion after the few things they have said about that. The only thing we can count on is what they have given, taken, and what is currently in game. First season they gave out tons of AP. Second season totally different. Looking at what they have done to all other rewards in the game, when they take it away it does not come back. So the one thing I would assume is that from now on you can get 1k AP per year. We all are hoping they will release an expansion or large amount of new content but there is no proof its coming.

Astralporing.1957

Considering that their last tendency is to give 1 ap for an achievement tier, i’d say that this new AP progress will not be something we can count on helping in this case.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Rambodacious.7495

Rambodacious.7495

Thread Summary:

Those who reject the OP’s suggestion are stating:

- No one deserves the full armor set unless they have 33000 AP’s.
- If Anet wanted to award the full armor set at 18000 AP’s they would have done so.
- Very few people should ever be able to have the set.
- AP’s should allow players to stand out.
- Anet shouldn’t have to create new rewards for the AP system. The current rewards are the only ones they will ever make, so adjusting the rewards to allow the first set at 18k will remove the reason to acquire anymore AP’s

Proponents of allowing the first full set to be unlocked at 18000 AP’s are stating:

- The length of time required to obtain one set isn’t worth the reward
- Only a handful of players will ever have the set and this content was created to be enjoyed by players
- New players are at a large disadvantage because of how easily AP’s were obtained early on in the game’s lifetime
- The AP system, over the course of the game’s lifetime, will always expand and Anet will ultimately have to create new rewards, so adjusting the time frame of obtaining the first set won’t reduce the content needed to be added to the AP system
- Anet didn’t award the first set at 18k when the system was initially launched because the full set wasn’t created yet, so they couldn’t have
- AP’s will still allow players to stand out via titles

My take: Bump the thread until a red response comes along.

- Muke Muscleshell
- Potluck Massacre [PLUM]
- Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Lua.4163

Lua.4163

Thread Summary:

Those who reject the OP’s suggestion are stating:

- No one deserves the full armor set unless they have 33000 AP’s.
- If Anet wanted to award the full armor set at 18000 AP’s they would have done so.
- Very few people should ever be able to have the set.
- AP’s should allow players to stand out.
- Anet shouldn’t have to create new rewards for the AP system. The current rewards are the only ones they will ever make, so adjusting the rewards to allow the first set at 18k will remove the reason to acquire anymore AP’s

Proponents of allowing the first full set to be unlocked at 18000 AP’s are stating:

- The length of time required to obtain one set isn’t worth the reward
- Only a handful of players will ever have the set and this content was created to be enjoyed by players
- New players are at a large disadvantage because of how easily AP’s were obtained early on in the game’s lifetime
- The AP system, over the course of the game’s lifetime, will always expand and Anet will ultimately have to create new rewards, so adjusting the time frame of obtaining the first set won’t reduce the content needed to be added to the AP system
- Anet didn’t award the first set at 18k when the system was initially launched because the full set wasn’t created yet, so they couldn’t have
- AP’s will still allow players to stand out via titles

My take: Bump the thread until a red response comes along.

What I am proposing wouldn’t require Arena Net to create any new rewards, it only changes the order that the existent rewards are awarded to something more logical. The way that the system works right now is very weird because you can acquire 2x Helmets, 2x Gloves and 2x Boots before you acquire the first Top and Bottom parts. All my suggestion does is change the order which those rewards are given to players. It will still require players to have 36k AP to earn both sets. Besides that they won’t need to worry about creating new rewards anytime soon, a player will only acquire the full set of Pinnacle Weapons by reaching 60k AP.

fellyn.5083

The fact that they are 3k ap apart means nothing.

If it means nothing, what are you complaining about? You really need to think about what you are actually writing.

Everything I read in the responses point to impatience and “how impossible” to achieve these currently are, which is entirely “now-oriented”, but I plan to keep playing for a long time. Eventually, I’ll get them.

But even if they changed the system, people would complain about something else. Even if they fixed everything on everyone’s list, people would still complain.

Have you even read this thread? The spacing of the armor pieces being 3k ap apart has nothing to do with it. It’s the fact that you need 33000 ap before you can finish one set. Followed by 36000ap to finish the second set. And the fact that it is currently impossible to do so.

Try reading the entire thread before making your argument please. Or, at least try understanding what’s being said. That helps too.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

SonOfJacob.7396

Have you even read this thread? The spacing of the armor pieces being 3k ap apart has nothing to do with it. It’s the fact that you need 33000 ap before you can finish one set. Followed by 36000ap to finish the second set. And the fact that it is currently impossible to do so.

Try reading the entire thread before making your argument please.

I’ve read every post. I don’t think you understand the difference between argument and complaining. Your complaint is entirely based on current in-game AP accumulation, with no regard for what Anet is most likely going to do in the future. My argument is that Anet has a plan, and that plan requires an increase in AP accumulation. Therefore it follows that the content will come, but people just want to complain rather than realize programming can be adjusted, and not necessarily the way they prefer.

fellyn.5083

Try reading the entire thread before making your argument please.

I’ve read every post. I don’t think you understand the difference between argument and complaining. Your complaint is entirely based on current in-game AP accumulation, with no regard for what Anet is most likely going to do in the future. My argument is that Anet has a plan, and that plan requires an increase in AP accumulation. Therefore it follows that the content will come, but people just want to complain rather than realize programming can be adjusted, and not necessarily the way they prefer.

Complaining? Not really. But call it that if you want then we can all ignore you from this point going forward.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I honestly couldn’t be bothered about Radiant and Hellfire armor. They’re rather generic and cannot be dyed, so in many ways, they’re worse off than many of the far easier to acquire armor sets out there.

While there are imo better looking armors indeed, I will point out that if you preview the Radiant chest and legs from the Wardrobe (or maybe from Dulfy links? I forget where I got the preview), there are dye channels and parts of them can, in fact, be dyed. I’m not sure if Hellfire can, how do you dye a churning field of fire?

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

anet will sooner or later have to release new content, and ap with it that will reach the 50k ap points

I can understand what you’re saying because yes there will be a point in time where 50k AP is do-able for the average player, but here’s the thing… at the moment I don’t think (someone correct me if I’m wrong) even 1 person has the radiant/hellfire chest or legs.

And furthermore, now with Anet constantly taking a month off here and there (they did it a short time ago, and now we’re seeing it happen again from mid September to early November), I highly doubt it’ll be a short time before even a small amount of players are able to wear the full hellfire/radiant set, let alone a lot of people.

The whole hellfire/radiant AP system needs a redo.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

I too am concerned about obtaining these armor skins and I think it would be nice if you could first complete one set before moving onto the other armor pieces. I don’t much care for the hellfire armor personally but I adore the radiant chest and leggings. Such a shame they’re forever out of my reach, at least that’s what it looks like at the moment. I sure hope Anet has a plan for the AP system, currently it seems every new achievement yields you around 3-5 pts with a few exceptions.

Astralporing.1957

I’ve read every post. I don’t think you understand the difference between argument and complaining. Your complaint is entirely based on current in-game AP accumulation, with no regard for what Anet is most likely going to do in the future. My argument is that Anet has a plan, and that plan requires an increase in AP accumulation.

The late changes to the AP acquisition system do not support your reasoning at all. Anet is currently going in exactly opposite direction – they decrease AP accumulation.

Therefore it follows that the content will come

No, it doesn’t. You are just basing your “reasoning” on wishful thinking, that is currently not consistent with facts.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Wait, so adding unique rewards to challenging content is not ok, but putting items behind a million AP points gets a thumbs up as a ‘long-term goal’?
Interesting.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Wait, so adding unique rewards to challenging content is not ok, but putting items behind a million AP points gets a thumbs up as a ‘long-term goal’?
Interesting.

Being dedicated enough to get 33k AP is challenging in its own right since you’ll be doing some grind (although it’s dailies and monthlies, so it’s not that much) along with a lot of AP hunting (and don’t tell me liadri, the dragon reach Pt2 achiev, the not so secret diving goggle and so on aren’t challenging).

All in all I still prefer this kind of challenge instead of locking this armor behind a dungeon that will be filled with elitist people facerolling the content using cornerstacking in no time. How is this challenging ?

As many people said, GW2 hasn’t the most challenging fighting system of the industry. Dark souls fills this niche and it’s for the better. Devs have to find other ways of challenging their hardcore audience and this is one of them.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

SonOfJacob.7396

You are just basing your “reasoning” on wishful thinking, that is currently not consistent with facts.

It’s not wishful thinking, and it is consistent with facts. The entire AP structure was started without having the reward system in place at the beginning. When the reward system was implemented, they incrementally provided rewards. The wardrobe itself was a HUGE revamp of their approach to armor and transmutation. If those two examples alone don’t give you clear indication of what this company is doing, then you are just trying to argue for argument’s sake.

Therefore it follows that the content will come, but people just want to complain rather than realize programming can be adjusted, and not necessarily the way they prefer.

You dropped the “not necessarily the way they prefer” part. That was a significant aspect of what is going on in this discussion.

Let me try approaching this another way: would you rather they focus efforts on revamping the AP reward structure, or focus efforts on additional content that will include additional AP accumulation?

KarlaGrey.5903

Interesting.

Being dedicated enough to get 33k AP is challenging in its own right since you’ll be doing some grind (although it’s dailies and monthlies, so it’s not that much) along with a lot of AP hunting (and don’t tell me liadri, the dragon reach Pt2 achiev, the not so secret diving goggle and so on aren’t challenging).

All in all I still prefer this kind of challenge instead of locking this armor behind a dungeon that will be filled with elitist people facerolling the content using cornerstacking in no time. How is this challenging ?

As many people said, GW2 hasn’t the most challenging fighting system of the industry. Dark souls fills this niche and it’s for the better. Devs have to find other ways of challenging their hardcore audience and this is one of them.

Translation: It’s actually equally bad/arguably even worse, but I like it more so it’s ok.
Well the opposite can be said by those who prefer actual challenge to raw time investment and braindead repetition, so it doesn’t exactly serve as a great argument in favour of AP-related uniques.

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

fellyn.5083

You are just basing your “reasoning” on wishful thinking, that is currently not consistent with facts.

It’s not wishful thinking, and it is consistent with facts. The entire AP structure was started without having the reward system in place at the beginning. When the reward system was implemented, they incrementally provided rewards. The wardrobe itself was a HUGE revamp of their approach to armor and transmutation. If those two examples alone don’t give you clear indication of what this company is doing, then you are just trying to argue for argument’s sake.

Therefore it follows that the content will come, but people just want to complain rather than realize programming can be adjusted, and not necessarily the way they prefer.

You dropped the “not necessarily the way they prefer” part. That was a significant aspect of what is going on in this discussion.

Let me try approaching this another way: would you rather they focus efforts on revamping the AP reward structure, or focus efforts on additional content that will include additional AP accumulation?

Restructuring the ap reward mechanism is simply moving some numbers and letters around in a data base. It shouldn’t take some one more than a few minutes in a day.

And you’re still over looking the fact that we’re getting less ap now than we did during living story season 1. I don’t have exact numbers but I would guess that for all 4 parts of season 2 released so far we’ve received less ap than we did for just one single release in season 1.

SonOfJacob.7396

Restructuring the ap reward mechanism is simply moving some numbers and letters around in a data base. It shouldn’t take some one more than a few minutes in a day.

And you’re still over looking the fact that we’re getting less ap now than we did during living story season 1. I don’t have exact numbers but I would guess that for all 4 parts of season 2 released so far we’ve received less ap than we did for just one single release in season 1.

I’ll concede that we are getting less AP now, that’s just true. But I’m not arguing that. And I get what you’re saying: AP accumulation, since it has decreased, is a trend in the opposite direction of where it needs to go. And perhaps reordering the rewards is easy, but I suspect it takes more than one person a day, considering what you’re talking about is reversing out rewards already provided (I went with the Radiant armor, but now that I see the full Hellfire set, I’d actually change).

But what I’m getting at is this: I’m certain there’s a solution to this that “right-sizes” the current reward structure that doesn’t require them reordering and backing-out the rewards. It has to do with AP accumulation. I won’t be surprised if as a result of this thread in fact, Anet moves forward with an adjustment to AP accumulation (previously and future), if they didn’t have it already in the works.

I don’t think this company has let me down. I enjoy the game and take it for what it is. If they change the ordering of the AP rewards, I’d actually be fine with it. But HOW they make the change (reordering and backing out rewards vs increasing AP accumulation) is as important as WHY they make the change (listening to complainers vs thoughtfully considering their current structure). You’ve made good arguments, so I no longer think you are just complaining.

I’d REALLY appreciate it if a dev would weigh-in on this. In fact, I’ve been keeping the argument going so this thread doesn’t disappear. Without any meaningful back and forth, these threads die the death of lame new posts.

fellyn.5083

You’re making a lot of assumptions there. For starters I don’t think Anet has ever acknowledged these sets are complete and in the game. I don’t think they were ever mentioned in patch notes.

If they can’t even do that then getting them to agree that maybe things aren’t in the right order is going to be impossible.

SonOfJacob.7396

I only made two assumptions:

1) Reordering the AP rewards isn’t as easy as switching around a table for those that already have the rewards (if you’re going to do it, you have to back out the rewards people have already achieved and let them “re-choose”).

2) The “right-sizing” solution is possible without reordering. This is where I’m thinking about the implementation of rewards and the wardrobe.

I think what you’re getting at in the rest of your response is that these are straight data-mined, not confirmed items. All I can come up with in response is, “Why would they put something in code and then not release it, particularly when it relates to items many have already acquired? (gloves, helm, pauldrons)”

fellyn.5083

They’re more than data mined, you can view them in the wardrobe.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

That’s not entirely true so far in S2 (as a total) we received more APs than most releases so far:

Gates of Maguuma: 33
Entaglement: 45
The Dragon’s Reach, Part 1: 60
The Dragon’s Reach, Part 2: 100
Total: 238

If you add APs of 4 releases then, with the exception of, Flame & Frost that had a total of 147 APs across 4 releases, which is lower than the 238 of LS S2, the rest of S1 had way more APs over the same period of time.

For example the Secrets of Southsun and Last Stand at Southsun had 238 APs over only 2 releases. The same amount of APs we got for S2 so far (over 4 releases)

To me, it looks like we get around half the APs we used to get, over 4 releases we get as many APs as we used to get over 2 releases in S1.

However, S2 has more permanent content, the Dry Top achievements would’ve been among the temporary APs of S1 releases, so if you add the 114 Dry Top APs that will stay forever, we got 352 APs over 4 releases which is close to what we used to get in S1.

Posted by: Lua.4163

Lua.4163

They did decrease the number of achievement points handled to players. Let’s take a look at some previous releases from July to November 2013:

• Bazaar of the Four Winds – July 9, 2013 (255 points)
  • Cutthroat Politics – July 23, 2013 (200 points)
  • Queen’s Jubilee – August 6, 2013 (174 points)
  • Queen’s Gauntlet – August 6, 2013 (220 points)
  • Clockwork Chaos – August 20, 2013 (195 points)
  • Super Adventure Box: Back to School – September 3, 2013 (356 points)
  • Tequatl Rising – September 17, 2013 (116 points)
  • Twilight Assault – October 1, 2013 (100 points)
  • Blood and Madness – October 15, 2013 (107 points)
  • World vs. World Season 1 – October 18, 2013 (405 points)

Of all those achievements:

• Total of 2128 Achievement points were available for players to get during that time frame.
  • 1336 points were temporary (1912 points if the gauntlet/SAB never returns)
  • 216 points were permanent and you can still get them.

Now let’s take a look from July until today:

• Gates of Maguuma – July 1, 2014 (33 points)
  • Dry Top – July 1, 2014 (114 points)
  • Entanglement – July 15, 2014 (45 points)
  • The Dragon’s Reach, Part 1 – July 29, 2014 (60 points)
  • The Dragon’s Reach, Part 2 – August 12, 2014 (100 points)
  • Basic Collections – September 9, 2014 (72 points)
  • Rare Collections – September 9, 2014 (213 points)
  • Black Lion Collections – September 9, 2014( 39 points)
  • WvW Fall Tournament 2014 – September 9, 2014 (9 points)

Of all those achievements:

• Total of 685 Achievement points so far.
  • Only 352 of those were from the Living Story Season 2 vs. the 1336 (1912) Achievements from Living Story Season 1 during the exact same time frame.
  • I am aware that we are missing the Halloween release but I doubt it will make much of a difference.

What Arena Net did so far was tripling the permanent achievement points handled (Total of permanent points of last year: 216 vs. Total of permanent points of this year: 685 points). However, they reduced the total achievement points players can gain to 1/3 (Total of last year: 2128 points vs. Total of this year: 685 points).

(edited by Lua.4163)

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Ok, here’s my opinion on the entire thing:

Remove all AP armor from the game altogether!

Or reward the entire set at 33k, and not individual pieces along the way.

I see way too many people wearing the radiant gloves and shoulders with an armor set that doesn’t match in the least, and it’s an assault on good taste. They want to look shiny and flashy (which I love in general), but they just look like poor noobs using cheapo freebie skins who can’t actually color-coordinate.

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

The least they could do is adjust number of AP given and the different tasks for them. I mean, come on – 1,000,000 dolyaks killed? How is that even possible? They should look into these ridiculous tasks (especially from WvW).

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

owning chest piece of radiant/hellfire armor means you got one of the hardest to obtain pve skin in game atm, with quite a lot of effort behind it. dumbing it down would mean you need half of the ap you used to need, which would make it super easy to get.

And since you can’t use both armors at once, prestige behind it would be gone.

So no, i don’t want it to get super easy to get single set, i want it to stay this hard as it is now, so not every scrub who got not even 20k ap gets it.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

World vs World Season 1: 405 APs
World vs World Spring Tournament: 300 APs
World vs World S2: 9 APs

Although I like that they don’t “force” people that dislike WvW to go there (and get the spots of people who actually want to play) the difference in APs is huge!

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

As a 23ker my issue is two-fold, one the AP numbers are insane to hit with the removal of dailies (I’ll cap later this month) and the high decrease of APs for the ongoing content.

The second issue is that since most people are going for one set or another, it is crazy to make us get both boots before a single chest. Switching that second boot with a chest piece would go a LONG way to fixing the issue.

KarlaGrey.5903

owning chest piece of radiant/hellfire armor means you got one of the hardest to obtain pve skin in game atm, with quite a lot of effort behind it. dumbing it down would mean you need half of the ap you used to need, which would make it super easy to get.

So no, i don’t want it to get super easy to get single set, i want it to stay this hard as it is now, so not every scrub who got not even 20k ap gets it.

It’s braindead time-sink grind. You cannot ‘dumb sth down’ that’s already as dumb as it gets.

fellyn.5083

You do realize that your argument doesn’t make any sense given how much ap the average player has right? The average (read: majority of) gw2 players have less than 5000 ap.

And anyone who started playing after living season one ended is at a severe disadvantage in terms of the amount of ap they can have. Putting these sets completely out or reach for them within the next 5 to 6 years. Assuming we keep getting ap at the same rates we are now.

Anet is now giving less ap per new achievement added to the game now than before by a large margin, as well.

There is also the logical argument. The only reason they are ordered the way they are and at the reward tiers they are is because that is the order in which they were added to the game. It also doesn’t make any sense that you have to get both sets 85% complete before you can finish either one. And lastly, why put assets into the game that maybe a generous 5% of the population for the life of the game will ever be able to get?

Reshuffling the rewards around changes nothing for 99.9% of the people in the game. You know, all the people you just called scrubs?

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

I was very much looking forward to unlocking all the radiant and all the hellfire armor. I am still looking forward to unlocking hellfire, but whomever designed the radiant armor dropped the ball. It’s just generic armor with a little bit of “radiant” tossed in. The radiant gloves glow with just a few non-glowing accents. The same is true of the shoulder pieces. They are excellent in terms of coloration. I expected this to be true for all the pieces, ESPECIALLY the chest piece which ties it all together. Instead we get a chest piece that is 60% NOT radiant and 40% SOMEWHAT radiant.

I WANT MY SUIT OF RADIANT ARMOR TO WAKE UP THE NEIGHBORS WHEN I WALK DOWN THE STREET AT NIGHT. I do NOT want “subtle hints” of radiance.

If I just wanted white armor, I would buy a white dye and use it on my armor. I want RADIANCE, not white.

I envisioned turning my character into a gleaming white semi-angelic paladin-type character. Combined with a chaos skinned weapon it would have looked awesome.

At least hellfire doesn’t suck. That’s a positive way to look at it.