Raising Level Cap?

Raising Level Cap?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Its a good indication.

No its not. And yes, it has been proven many times over the past two decades that only a small majority of players actually read and/or participate on official or fansite forums.

I think somebody needs to spend more time on unbiased sites such as Massively, IGN, Zam or MMORPG.com. A little smack of reality might do ya good.

So would you like to do a poll in game? Because it will most certainly provide a larger sample size. It still wont be anywhere near the whole playerbase…

Maths, averages, academical studies and statistics exist for a reason, you know, despite being a smal fraction of he worlds population…

Your logic is flawed or you expect the impossible. Your pick…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’d much rather see more max level zones that aren’t Dry Top and Silverwastes.

Why the hate on Silverwastes?? Also I predict major disappointment since everyone has their own version of non confirmed expansion/content…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Draconius.9076

Draconius.9076

I’m sorry but I’m not that into raising the level cap. many people including myself have spend tons of time getting that expensive good armor for our maxed out characters. Now you wanna make that effort obsolete by saying hey to kitten with your hard work start from zero buck we’re raising the level cap. No sorry idea just doesn’t suit me.

Guild: Order of an Allied Tyria [OAT] ~°~ Co-leader
Server: Underworld

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Nope, nope, nope. I really don’t want them to extend the NPE to over 80. That would suck.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Raising the cap is not only not necessary, but would probably do more harm for the game than good. Nobody wants things to be trivialized or made obsolete.

Honestly, if anything they should compress the levels down to 40 or so. New content should be a spread around these levels.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Actually, it’s not any single factor that makes this game different but the specific combination of factors. That and the lack of a dedicated healer and lack of taunt mechanics.

And it’s exactly the lack of genuine heal/support that makes this game so single-player oriented – all buffs, support skills, or heals are either self-target or aoe, you’ve got zero control for a more precise and selective support. Besides, the soft trinity of GW was perfect, as the healing or support role could be performed by various classes and in various forms. The self-sufficiency of players theyve created in GW2 just falls so incredibly flat in this regard.

With mob-tagging and kill stealing present in most MMOs. Very few MMOs have resource nodes that are reserved for the player. Everyone gets credit if they participate in a kill. Not to mention the idea that everyone can rez everyone else without a skill on the skill bar. Skill combos. You don’t have to party with people to get their boons.

But: When you don’t chunk out enough damage in, let’s say a zerg or just a an average sized group, you won’t get any loot worth mentioning. I played a condimancer in pve, so I’d know. The rezzing and node collecting are a cool QoL (but it’s debatable if they’re sth unique for GW2), but not exactly what makes or breaks the game.

On a side note, boon sharing could also be considered anti-group, because you don’t really need to form a party for anything due to the one-man-army approach. If anything, being a special snowflake in that regard is a down-side rather than an advantage. Sure, some might like it that way, but you might have just as much fun playing a single player game in that regard.

All of this creates a cooperative environment for PvE.

The instanced pve of GW feels and plays far more cooperatively, however. The damage tagging in GW2 isn’t as innocent as people tend to pretend – low dmg output will result in craptacular drops, and the bigger the group, the kittentier the drops will be.
And I’m sure you’d agree that world bosses, events, and champ trains aren’t exactly a good demonstration of a ‘cooperative’ environment, unless spamming your skills on the same target translates to cooperation in your book.

Then there’s the dynamic events. One might argue that they exist in other games as well…but none of those games did away with traditional quest hubs and that meant the dynamic events were an add on. The quest hub system was the mainstay of the game and that interfered with and caused problems with DEs. The best example of this was Rift with it’s dynamic events, most of which were stand alone Rifts randomly popping up, that had nothing at all to do with the story of each zone.

We’ve already had a lengthy discussion on dynamic events in the past, but apart from adding some QoL to questing – which, mind you, can also be seen as breaking the immersion – the quality and content remained much the same as elsewhere, if not worse.

Add to that that different human warriors can go through a different personal story and you have a game with a lot of factors that make it unique.

But the choice of order doesn’t really affect much apart from your equipment looks, does it. Doing things differently should involve an improvement of some sorts, but I just cannot see perks to the personal story. It actually felt so boring and pointless I haven’t finished it a single time.

To that end, I’ve played well over a dozen MMOs, including most of the popular ones and I can’t play any of them the way I play Guild Wars 2. I can’t just wander around and let stuff happen to me.

I guess we’re simply holding the game to different standards.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

~snip~

How about we actually keep the discussions on the actual topic, yes?

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

wow, alot of people really dont want anything to happen to their precious ascended gear o.o…….I got some ascended, would like to see the level cap aswell, honestly dont want to run throug it all without any reason what so ever, what is the point of having new maps if already are level capped? people will just try to run them as fast as they can….

PLEASE A-NET lvl cap raise…………

Raising Level Cap?

Lazaar.9123

wow, alot of people really dont want anything to happen to their precious ascended gear o.o…….I got some ascended, would like to see the level cap aswell, honestly dont want to run throug it all without any reason what so ever, what is the point of having new maps if already are level capped? people will just try to run them as fast as they can….

If people don’t want to do the new maps, they won’t do them anyway? They will just use level tomes or run EotM. Also, Silverwastes and Drytop are level-cap zones. And yet people go there. Even in other MMOs like WoW that have frequent level cap raising, many people just run old dungeons together to speed level to the new max.

Raising Level Cap?

zengara.8301

If people don’t want to do the new maps, they won’t do them anyway? They will just use level tomes or run EotM. Also, Silverwastes and Drytop are level-cap zones. And yet people go there. Even in other MMOs like WoW that have frequent level cap raising, many people just run old dungeons together to speed level to the new max.

problem is that they are not encouraged to do them, they simply do them out of boredom or “unique events” I want to be encouraged to dungeons because of gold etc, I want to be encouraged to actually see what is in that part of map…. Yes I do understand that there might also be a map completion in the new expansion, but in all honesty, it feels more of a grind than actually exploring, like when I saw the cities for the first time, or when I hear what they are saying……..As soon as I got lvl 80 I mainly skipped all the hard work gw2 did because I literally didnt need it…..and also because people encourage you to run through things

(I came a little late to the game, so I haven’t seen all dungeons intros etc).

Raising Level Cap?

Lazaar.9123

A higher level cap won’t change any of that though. It will just go back to that as soon as people reach the new level cap.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I think raising the level cap would be a great idea.

Raising Level Cap?

zengara.8301

what if they change the times to only work at lvl 1-80 and give us to 120 or something? (since gw2 probably would focus more on the players that have been staying here for while, I still can see alot of awesome things happen, and I honestly don’t want a expansion where I basically already got everything I need from the beginning.

(upgrades to certain armor for those who that really dont want them to touch their precious armor, like ascended, would also be an option A-Net already have done a couple of times)

Raising Level Cap?

Novuake.2691

Wow, clearly people DO NOT understand how little an Arbitrary level cap increase would ACTUALLY do and mean to them…

What exactly do you get from raising the level cap?
NOTHING.

Raising Level Cap?

zengara.8301

Wow, clearly people DO NOT understand how little an Arbitrary level cap increase would ACTUALLY do and mean to them…

NOTHING.

Fun tbh, not increasing it would probably lead to grind rather than fun, since everyone already got the best gear out there, tbh, I started in gw2 because its fun, honestly the only game that I lvl capped into, because it was fun capping, from the story to even discovering something new, I would like that back rather than pretending to be a big shot with my 2-3 lvl capped full geared characters with gear on each of them that at least looks like it costed 500 gold+ while running through each new event because I dont need to watch them and my time would be better spend if I just ran through…

But beside that, ye I can see why people would be mad if A-Net decided to make every gear I got useless

Raising Level Cap?

Lazaar.9123

Increasing the level cap is the grind.

Raising Level Cap?

Novuake.2691

NOTHING.

Fun tbh, not increasing it would probably lead to grind rather than fun, since everyone already got the best gear out there, tbh, I started in gw2 because its fun, honestly the only game that I lvl capped into, because it was fun capping, from the story to even discovering something new, I would like that back rather than pretending to be a big shot with my 2-3 lvl capped full geared characters with gear on each of them that at least looks like it costed 500 gold+ while running through each new event because I dont need to watch them and my time would be better spend if I just ran through…

But beside that, ye I can see why people would be mad if A-Net decided to make every gear I got useless

What is fun about arbitrary leveling?

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

NOTHING.

They can add new content, new stat combinations, new skins to acquire, new skills to unlock, new traits to unlock, new items with scavenger hunts, new legendaries, new zones to explore, new story to experience etc fine without increasing the level cap.

So what exactly is it they can’t add without increasing the cap?

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Well with TESO actually going B2P and DROPPING their level cap (removing veteran system in place of a Diablo III Paragon level style system) I know what I’ll be doing if HoT announces a level cap raise

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

Just don’t raise the cap… EVER. I don’t know why some people wan’t them to raise it. Grinding for experience and new gear isn’t fun. Horizontal progression like in GW1 is much more fun.

Raising Level Cap?

Novuake.2691

Well with TESO actually going B2P and DROPPING their level cap (removing veteran system in place of a Diablo III Paragon level style system) I know what I’ll be doing if HoT announces a level cap raise

Has B2P on tESO been confirmed?
Source?

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

problem is that they are not encouraged to do them, they simply do them out of boredom or “unique events” I want to be encouraged to dungeons because of gold etc, I want to be encouraged to actually see what is in that part of map…. Yes I do understand that there might also be a map completion in the new expansion, but in all honesty, it feels more of a grind than actually exploring, like when I saw the cities for the first time, or when I hear what they are saying……..As soon as I got lvl 80 I mainly skipped all the hard work gw2 did because I literally didnt need it…..and also because people encourage you to run through things

(I came a little late to the game, so I haven’t seen all dungeons intros etc).

What you call “encouraged” i call “forced”.

Encouraged for me means that the zones are interesing and thats the reason you
go there. Forced is you have to go there no matter if you like them, just because
else you are not able to level.

However, that simply doesn’t work here, since you can level to 80 even in the
starting areas.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

(edited by Beldin.5498)

Raising Level Cap?

Devildoc.6721

Has B2P on tESO been confirmed?
Source?

It’s confirmed, go to the TESO website. I’ll probably get infracted and post removed if I link it.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I started in gw2 because its fun, honestly the only game that I lvl capped into, because it was fun capping, from the story to even discovering something new
[…]
while running through each new event because I dont need to watch them and my time would be better spend if I just ran through…

Would you care to explain this a bit more? I don’t really understand what you’re saying.

You say your time would be better spent if you just run through a new event instead of checking it out … better spent with what? What is it that makes you feel your time is well spent?

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it almost sounds as if the only fun you have (had?) in this game is gaining levels on your characters. What about the other aspects of progression this game offers? Unlocking traits (mostly for characters post April ‘14)? Gaining skill points to unlock additional utilities? Collecting skins for new looks (ambrite weapons, carapace armour, glorious armour, dungeon skins, …)? Completing achievements for new titles? Completing achievements and collections for minis or goodies for your home instance? World completion for that pretty gold star next to your character name? Even pvp- and wvw-ranks if it’s gaining numbers that you enjoy.

What about the (personal and living) story? The different race and order story archs? The story archs contained in event chains all over Tyria? All of the npcs that turn up in different parts of the story, giving faces to characters that evolve as your story advances? Have you followed Kekt from using experimental golems against undead in Kessex Hills, past meetings at the Durmand Priory and near Concordia in Timberline Falls, to looking for his research sqad in Malchor’s Leap? Have you met Tegwen in Caledon Forest, Bloodtide Coast, Straits of Devastation and Malchor’s? Sorry, I’m getting side-tracked, all of the npc stories inside the different personal story archs are still among my favourite content in this game

Anyway, my point is this: There is so much to do, to discover, to progress in this game, I’m having a very hard time to understand that people only find one of the to me most boring parts of the game, amassing levels, the only fun the game gives them. There’s so much to do, all there at your fingertips, you just have to choose for yourself which goal to you want to go after. Level-cap raise isn’t necessary for any of these goals to become more viable. It really doesn’t add anything to this game.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

You’re not making sense. You say you had fun with the story and discovering new things, (and levels have nothing to do with either of those) then you say because you are max level, new things suddenly are no longer fun.

If you mean the fun was in the content being challenging, then raising the cap is the wrong way to go. Sure, if you raise the cap you can add monsters with higher caps as well, but everything else becomes even more faceroll easy. If you want things to be challenging then keep the current cap level and raise the mob caps anyway.

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Raising Level Cap?

Devildoc.6721

You know Zengara, you continue to gain experience and skill points after level 80. The time spent exploring new zones and doing events is not “wasted” because you’re at cap.

Raising Level Cap?

Novuake.2691

It’s confirmed, go to the TESO website. I’ll probably get infracted and post removed if I link it.

Thanks!
TO TESO!

Hopefully they fixed all their MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of issues.
ESPECIALLY grouping.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Whole idea is stupid! A raise of lvl cap would just kill gw2 totally. If someone wants higher level, just leave and play wow or some other carrot game.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Raising Level Cap?

Dedlaw.9130

Thanks!
TO TESO!

Hopefully they fixed all their MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of issues.
ESPECIALLY grouping.

I might just die of shock if they did, lol

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

A level cap raise would kill the game for a whole lot of people. I don’t think ArenaNet wants to do that.

Raising Level Cap?

Beldin.5498

A level cap raise would kill the game for a whole lot of people. I don’t think ArenaNet wants to do that.

Yeah normally you should think so .. however .. sometimes i have the feeling ANet
likes it to see the forums go up in flames for whatever reasons.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Every time this topic comes up, I think of Nigel Tufnel’s amplifier.

I would prefer the levels stay where they are. Every level cap raise that I’ve experienced (apart from those made very early on in a game’s lifespan) has been unpleasant. The most recent example being STO, with the cap going up to 60 and the introduction of tier 6 ships. My desire to boldly go has suffered a warp core breach. LOTRO? I don’t even know what the cap is now. I still play occasionally, but not enough to ever have a max level character there before the sun enters its red giant phase. The bear guys are funny, though. If only they could use bows…

Anyway, I’d rather see GW2 get broader than taller.

PS: please to be redesigning the trait system redesign.

The table is a fable.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s a pain to read this thread as it seems that many can’t think out of the box: why the hell do do they think that a new level cap would destroy balance, other content etc. MMOs are constantly in a flow of change. Old content can be rescaled, changed, deleted, altered whatever. There are a lot of concepts if they really go for a higher level cap (which I don’t think they’ll do).

Arguments are null and void – do not judge a priori if you don’t even know the concent of a new level cap. Maybe they have a different approach.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

(edited by ProtoGunner.4953)

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

Fun tbh, not increasing it would probably lead to grind rather than fun, since everyone already got the best gear out there

Fun? There is no fun in leveling. It sucks and is only a necessary evil because every MMO feels the need to put some stupid treadmill to keep mindless idiots chasing imaginary carrots. That is far easier than making actual content that is dynamic, engaging, and fun.

I will echo what someone else said …leveling IS the grind.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

It’s a pain to read this thread as it seems that many can’t think out of the box

You have that backwards. Wanting a level cap increase is thinking inside the box.

Raising Level Cap?

Novuake.2691

It’s a pain to read this thread as it seems that many can’t think out of the box

You have that backwards. Wanting a level cap increase is thinking inside the box.

hahah was about to say this.

Raising Level Cap?

Dedlaw.9130

It’s a pain to read this thread as it seems that many can’t think out of the box: why the hell do do they think that a new level cap would destroy balance, other content etc. MMOs are constantly in a flow of change. Old content can be rescaled, changed, deleted, altered whatever. There are a lot of concepts if they really go for a higher level cap (which I don’t think they’ll do).

Arguments are null and void – do not judge a priori if you don’t even know the concent of a new level cap. Maybe they have a different approach.

Well since you’re able to think outside the box, answer me this:

What would 10 or 20 more levels add to the longevity of the game that just the addition of new content would not?

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

-What ever will people do if we don’t have a level cap raise!?-

… You know, play the game without having their gear become outdated? This is my problem with other MMO expansions; stop making the gear I worked my kitten off (or sometimes not?) out of date because of some silly idea we need to keep gaining levels to get more powerful. That’s so wrong. We can gain power through new skills/traits/weapons, and raising the level cap would make the extremely grindy ascended gear out of date. Can you imagine the nerd rage if they announced a level cap?

You could hold a marshmallow to the screen while viewing the general discussion forums and roast it in seconds.

Raising Level Cap?

Dedlaw.9130

You could hold a marshmallow to the screen while viewing the general discussion forums and roast it in seconds.

Roast marshmallows? You can have a BBQ on here! :P

Raising Level Cap?

Beldin.5498

… You know, play the game without having their gear become outdated? This is my problem with other MMO expansions; stop making the gear I worked my kitten off (or sometimes not?) out of date because of some silly idea we need to keep gaining levels to get more powerful. That’s so wrong. We can gain power through new skills/traits/weapons, and raising the level cap would make the extremely grindy ascended gear out of date. Can you imagine the nerd rage if they announced a level cap?

Not to forget that we never get really more powerful, since all the mobs of course
also are more powerfull, and in the end we just are at the same point where we
were before.

And if we indeed get more powerful, there will be masses of people crying that
everything is too easy and we should be nerfed .. or mobs should get harder.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Well since you’re able to think outside the box, answer me this:

What would 10 or 20 more levels add to the longevity of the game that just the addition of new content would not?

Guys, just stay tight to the facts: level cap has nothing to say, you can slowly quest to level 20 in GW1 prophecies within the same time it takes to go to level 80 in GW2. That said, outside the box that a level cap increase can be everything you can(‘t) imagine. Besides: I didn’t say that I want a level cap increase, I just mentioned I will have no problem with it – big difference.

But my personal feelings are as follows: I like progression, I liked parts of the world I first couldn’t go initially be cause of the deadly enemies enemies – keeping in mind that I can go back there once I am ready. That feeling derives maybe from old (J)RPGs I played or whatever. Anyway, I wouldn’t mind if there is something to do after I hit level cap. Until now we just have nothing to progress. I liked the reputation farming in GW1 – this is something similar to levelling, don’t forget that. Yes I like progression of my own character, story is nice but if I want a compelling story I play Mass Effect (not 3), where my gear/level progression isn’t important.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Raising Level Cap?

Devildoc.6721

Every time this topic comes up, I think of Nigel Tufnel’s amplifier.

I would prefer the levels stay where they are. Every level cap raise that I’ve experienced (apart from those made very early on in a game’s lifespan) has been unpleasant. The most recent example being STO, with the cap going up to 60 and the introduction of tier 6 ships. My desire to boldly go has suffered a warp core breach. LOTRO? I don’t even know what the cap is now. I still play occasionally, but not enough to ever have a max level character there before the sun enters its red giant phase. The bear guys are funny, though. If only they could use bows…

Anyway, I’d rather see GW2 get broader than taller.

PS: please to be redesigning the trait system redesign.

I’d rather GW2 get deeper than broader or taller.

The game lacks any real depth. All damage is the same, armor vs damage is all the same regardless of source, there really are no roles aside from damage, reflects, and might stacking, dungeons are more reflex testing than anything thoughtful or actually challenging

Raising Level Cap?

Devildoc.6721

Not to forget that we never get really more powerful, since all the mobs of course
also are more powerfull, and in the end we just are at the same point where we
were before.

And if we indeed get more powerful, there will be masses of people crying that
everything is too easy and we should be nerfed .. or mobs should get harder.

Correct, level cap increases do not make you gain power they just create the illusion of gaining more power, especially in this game where you get downscaled to content. If you’re level 80 in exotics you will be just as powerful as a level 100 in exotics of the same stat balance but higher stats when you go to a level 20 zone.

In other games, people will say that you became more powerful because when you go to a low level zone you will blow up mobs just that much faster at the new cap.

In this game you won’t.

The “progression” is 100% an illusion in GW2.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

the reality is, if they are going to have new content, they need progression. The only games that dont need progression are generally arena type games and fighting games. But even those games recently have added some form to it.

It doesnt have to be leveling though. It can be content progression, skills, gear, abilities, unlocks, even for some genres, high scores, ranking etc.

But if you think they can make successful new content with no progression at all (hence you may feel like you got left behind) i highly doubt it.

The main reason i am opposed to levels, is because unless it comes with new gear, its pointless, and if it comes with new gear, they totally screwed up, because ascended is way too much work/commitment to have it become invalid. Games that have treadmills, its honestly not really that much work to gear up. It generally happens while completing the new content a few times. Anet made ascended a highly annoying grindy trial (leveling crafting, daily crafting quests, large gold/item farms on daily basis) people will not be happy if its invalidated.

(edited by phys.7689)

Raising Level Cap?

Beldin.5498

In other games, people will say that you became more powerful because when you go to a low level zone you will blow up mobs just that much faster at the new cap.

In those other games those mobs however are also grey and drop no loot and give
no exp .. and the only reason to kill them there is if you finish old quests maybe.

However i also often enjoyed doing heritage quests in EQ2 solo when i was quite
some level above them.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Zmijuga.3642

Zmijuga.3642

I’m for raising level , why ? simply , because you are all boring when you cry for your lvl 80 , almost three years playing and we ’re more boring because the game does not progress , only progress in cosmetics , veteran players need progress in levels and new weapons levels , new equipment and new lvl 80+ maps , and if you dont like levels? dont level up, take all your cosmetic items and shut up. I have LEGENDARY AND ascended GEAR so what , should i use it 2 years more? I dont care i need progress, i dont need achivement points

Raising Level Cap?

Lazaar.9123

I’m for raising level , why ? simply , because you are all boring when you cry for your lvl 80 , almost three years playing and we ’re more boring because the game does not progress , only progress in cosmetics , veteran players need progress in levels and new weapons levels , new equipment and new lvl 80+ maps , and if you dont like levels? dont level up, take all your cosmetic items and shut up. I have LEGENDARY AND ascended GEAR so what , should i use it 2 years more? I dont care i need progress, i dont need achivement points

This MMO clearly isn’t for you then.

Raising Level Cap?

Devildoc.6721

There are literally dozens of other MMO’s that raise their level cap regularly if you’re that kind of person who needs a treadmill and the ILLUSION of progression to keep going.

Why can’t there be a few MMO’s that DON’T have the stupid treadmill system, but focus on providing expanded CONTENT AND DEPTH instead of an endless treadmill that keeps things shallow (and in fact makes it more shallow as time goes on)

Raising Level Cap?

Devildoc.6721

I just want to point out that every expansion for every game I have seen that has featured a level cap increase, the bulk of development attention went into the level cap increase and content to level with.

You generally had fewer dungeons available at end game in the expansion than you used to at the old cap, you got fewer new skills, fewer new raids, PVP improvements got sidelined, because they had to make sure there was enough content to comfortably get to the new cap.

That’s where all their investment of development time and money went.

Leveling zones.

It’s a complete and utter waste of resources too because within 2 weeks all those zones they spent so much time and money on are empty because they were just used to level up in.

Even as good as The Burning Crusade was as an Expansion with it’s 2 tiers of raids launched with the expansion and clusters of dungeons, and new races and letting each faction have what used to be a faction exclusive class adding more depth to group content, and the flying mounts and all.. a lot of it felt like wasted development time. After a week the first 4 zones were almost completely empty and everyone just hung out in Shattrath city doing Karazhan and dungeon runs.

An entire continent nearly ghost towned in 2 weeks.

That’s sad that developers spent millions of man hours on that.

I’d rather devote that time and money to things that will be used all the time, level cap zones with great events and world bosses, dungeons, PVP and WvW improvements, more skills, more trait variety, new skins, new legendaries, maybe a new race and new class.

Raising Level Cap?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Raising the level cap COULD be done, provided that the top tier of equipment still remained the same. For example, say that the level cap was raised to 90, but past level 80, getting additional levels only gives you additional trait points, which are only active in PvE. (If you go into WvW or PvP, you get downscaled back to 80, so there would be no issues with rebalancing there.)