Ranger class kicked from WvW and PvE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bratec.7136

Bratec.7136

Hi!

I constantly see Rangers being kicked by leaders in WvW squads, they openly say reason: “rangers are useless in WvW”. Happened a lot with me and with many other rangers, sometimes 4-5+ people at once kicked from squad to make room for useful classes like Templest (ele).

Also seeing same trend in PvE, for example Fractal 40lvl farm. They need only chrono+warr+3 ele for farm. Yesterday i saw in LFM “No rangers” in one of fractal groups (classes were not stated, was not usual Chrono+Elle PvE farm group).

Being locked out of WvW and PvE activities as certain class, what are options except changing class?

Thanks for advice.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Create your own squad/party/group?

Good luck.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Not being in a squad does not lock you out from WvW activities. No one can stop you from still playing with the zerg.

Posted by: Cyprien.4208

Cyprien.4208

None, Anet doesn’t really care or can police kicking due to stats, level or class. You’re best off looking for a group which isn’t elitist or just following and not joking the squad.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

Create your own squad/party/group?

Good luck.

exactly this, if you’re hosting for fractals, it’ll fill up pretty quickly, those are speedrun groups, people who have found [what they consider to be] optimal classes to run specific levels with… and especially for lv 40 farm chronomancer is invaluable.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

For fractals: that only happens in farm groups, they use chrono+warr+3 ele for maximum damage to do the farm as quickly as possible. Fast runs = more runs = more gold. Although Ele isn’t the top dps anymore so those farm pugs need to update.

As for WvW, once upon a time I was told not to bring a ranger because of Epidemic. Enemy Necromancers could use Epidemic on the pet, which then spread conditions that were active on the pet on nearby targets (the pet cannot dodge it). Since then they changed how the skill works so it’s no longer such an issue.

Your commanders / party members are really behind in terms of meta lol

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

For fractals: that only happens in farm groups, they use chrono+warr+3 ele for maximum damage to do the farm as quickly as possible. Fast runs = more runs = more gold. Although Ele isn’t the top dps anymore so those farm pugs need to update.

As for WvW, once upon a time I was told not to bring a ranger because of Epidemic. Enemy Necromancers could use Epidemic on the pet, which then spread conditions that were active on the pet on nearby targets (the pet cannot dodge it). Since then they changed how the skill works so it’s no longer such an issue.

Ele burst is still pretty solid. Althought you can probably replace those eles with dragonhunters.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

1.) You can’t be “kicked” in WvW. You can be kicked out a squad, but that doesn’t stop you from following them. You lose out on communication, supply count, and party placement but the later 2 do not matter because boon share is generally irrelevant for rangers anyways unless they are frontline heal or something. Proectile weapons such as ranger longbow are liabilities due to the large amount of projectile hate, and while you may not, there’s no way for the commander to know you personally.

Speaking as someone that does use “rallybots” at fodder, I’d like to say that people that blame pugs for their failures especially in large fights are generally projecting and just want to blob the map, especially now that rallies are only 1 per kill so this generally is more of a problem when numbers are less than 10 In general zergs though, the so called “bads” often get 1 pushed and die before they have the chance to rally anyone. Unless you are heavily outnumbered, nobody in your group should even be close to going down before all these non-squad folks are dead. If you are, then you’re probably as bad as the pugs you’re kicking if not worse.

The ones that do the rallying are actually the bad heavies that are selfish and don’t push with the melee so they burn all their cooldowns for selfish survival and end up dying at the worst moments. But don’t let facts get in the way of rage I guess.

2.) Epidemic on pets is a problem…. assuming pets actually live long enough for that to happen. Which is never. 99% of the time just target the ranger and epi load .

3.) Make your own squad. You can’t be kicked from it. Hell, you can even make a squad and kick everyone using meta builds if that’s your thing. Once there was no tag and we came under attack and there wasn’t any time to switch toons, so I tagged on Druid. People cooperated because there was nothing better to do anyways.

That’s always something I’ve wondered on this topic. Why don’t people make groups like “Casual Bring anything NO META OR KICK groups” I doubt anyone is going to complain about being excluded from that, so what’s the downside?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

Fractals: Just create your own group and don’t join farm runs.

WvW: Most rangers play longbow. With that you are completely useless in the melee zerg. When you run around the zerg to kill the enemy casters you don’t need the stability from the guards. So of course you shouldn’t be in the squad (when it is full) as you’ll take the spot of a reaper who runs with the melees and needs the stability.
You as a ranger don’t benefit from it as you have a different role.

When I (condi reaper) join a zerg and the squad is full, I’ve a very hard time to be effective as I constantly get stunned. A reaper feels the difference between beeing in a squad (and having decent guards) or beeing alone.

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

I have the same problem on my thief. I usually start and overflow squad and tag up. I tell everyone to follow the main tag. It’s actually nice because you get bonus pips that way.

Bratec.7136

So i am locked out of joining farm groups in fractals. Unless i make my own, but this wont be such fast farm groups, since its not 3ele+chrono+warr setup, right?

And Raid groups?
Whom they will take – Ranger or Elementalist in Raid group? I.e. i am locked out of this content as well.

(edited by Bratec.7136)

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Raids are far more specific than just class. My ele is also not welcome because it’s not the “right” build. That’s a problem with how raids defy the old credo of “bring the player, not the class”.

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Happened to my ranger a few hours ago in WvW in fact. She and a few other Rangers were kicked from the WvW squad without notice or explanation, but we still followed the zerg about for a bit anyway.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

So i am locked out of joining farm groups in fractals. Unless i make my own, but this wont be such fast farm groups, since its not 3ele+chrono+warr setup, right?

And Raid groups?
Whom they will take – Ranger or Elementalist in Raid group? I.e. i am locked out of this content as well.

No it wont be as fast farm group, you know why its fast? becouse of the requirments that say you cant bring your ranger.

I play druid in raids and most fights condi ranger is totaly welcome into the group.
Bear bow longbow ranger is however not.

Bratec.7136

No it wont be as fast farm group, you know why its fast? becouse of the requirments that say you cant bring your ranger.

I play druid in raids and most fights condi ranger is totaly welcome into the group.
Bear bow longbow ranger is however not.

People are getting kicked from WvW groups are both condi and power rangers. They kick just all rangers from squad, no exception.

And those "no rangers’ in fractal groups dont check either your power or condi ranger, they just dont accept class.

About raids, you play druid (heal-buff bot) in raids because no one wants you as dps in raid (or other rangers as dps). In fights where healbotting is not needed – like fractal farm i mentioned – you are blocked by same “no rangers” LFMs.

(edited by Bratec.7136)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

People are getting kicked from WvW groups are both condi and power rangers. They kick just all rangers from squad, no exception.

I saw an all-ranger squad yesterday in WvW. It was fun.

And those "no rangers’ in fractal groups dont check either your power or condi ranger, they just dont accept class.

Only for level 40 farm groups, regular fractals ranger is fine.

About raids, you play druid (heal-buff bot) in raids because no one wants you as dps in raid (or other rangers as dps).

Condi ranger is quite effective in Raids even after the nerf due to the simple rotation.

From your posts it’s almost as if you live in 2015, pre-HoT era where Rangers (together with Engineers and Necromancers) were kicked from all types of content. This is 2017, things changed

Posted by: Daniel.5428

Daniel.5428

Do you expect too much balance in Guild Wars 2. Anet is just not good and balancing and it had to be said. The ballance is just like “Now this class is good, next week the other class will be good” and so on.

Posted by: Mil.3562

Mil.3562

This morning I was roaming open-world, solo, looking to earn some HPs. When I was at this waypoint in Tangled Depths when suddenly a group of players appeared and then a prompt message appeared on my chat, " I was being kicked out of the party by this lame person".

I was liked, wth ?! I always play solo and I certainly did not join any group or squad. Did the game added a auto-group-join thingy in open world map?

Posted by: Sir Alric.5078

Sir Alric.5078

Not being in a squad does not lock you out from WvW activities. No one can stop you from still playing with the zerg.

That’s what i do. XD
When i play WvW and i’m not solo roaming, i just follow the zerg wherever it goes without joining the squad, unless the Commander himself ask me to join on his own.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Hi!

I constantly see Rangers being kicked by leaders in WvW squads, they openly say reason: “rangers are useless in WvW”. Happened a lot with me and with many other rangers, sometimes 4-5+ people at once kicked from squad to make room for useful classes like Templest (ele).

Also seeing same trend in PvE, for example Fractal 40lvl farm. They need only chrono+warr+3 ele for farm. Yesterday i saw in LFM “No rangers” in one of fractal groups (classes were not stated, was not usual Chrono+Elle PvE farm group).

Being locked out of WvW and PvE activities as certain class, what are options except changing class?

Thanks for advice.

Fractal 40 is a very, VERY small fraction of PvE. Druids are highly valued pretty much everywhere else, and condi rangers are still a fine dps class.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

cannot reproduce the wvw problem, no commander in wvw seems to care what class you play.
Fractal 40 isn’t really just 3 ele’s, it’s mostly 1 chrono, 1 cPS, and 3 dps classes who can pull their weight

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Make your own squad. Make your own LFG farm groups. Might not be the “fastest” but if you have capable people it’s ez mode anyway.

As for wvw, if you find any of the haters dead, ress em to 99% then stop and walk off saying “ohye im useless”.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Gondolph.7201

Gondolph.7201

As a druid you might be a welcome healer in any zerg, especially in wvw. As a ranger you’ll might be a very useful scout in wvw, any bigger zerg needs some of those. Your long distance longbow attacks are useful for attacking or defending a castle or tower. – You just need to be able to use TS.

“Often those who call me a hero speak solely of my battle prowess
and know nothing of the principles that guide my blades.”

Bratec.7136

I just noticed there is hate for Rangers, specifically.

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

That’s nothing new and was a lot worse pre-HoT than it is now.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

Not every class/build is viable for all content.

You can’t expect to play a PVT Bearbow and be taken into raids. The fact that the ranger does have viable builds for all content modes (with exception of extremely high dps burst like fractal 40 farm), puts it far above the list when compared to some other classes.

Rangers might not always be the optimal class, but we have 9 classes and for each particular task only 3-5 end up being optimal.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea you ranger/druid should count yourself lucky just check how many raid/fractal spots revenant or its elite spec have for example.

And Necro sure is good to survive fractals with pugs but no speed clear there either and not so many raid spots aswell.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Not every class/build is viable for all content.

Try not to use the world “viable” to make your case — the word gets used differently by different people.

The core idea is that not all builds are equally useful or efficient. With limited time to organize a squad that is “on the move”, commanders (and their lieutenants) are going to want to simplify (or even oversimplify) the task as much as they can. Since they can’t easily check your build or your experience, they’ll look at what they can see: your profession. If you’ve chosen a prof that is almost always less useful to a coordinated squad, they’ll drop you in favor of someone who demonstrates knowledge by bringing a preferred class.

So while it might not be literally true that “rangers are useless in WvW,” it’s true enough that they are “not useful enough” for that particular group at that particular time.

In other words, ask not what the squad should do for you; rather ask what you can do for the squad.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Evono.4971

Evono.4971

i dont have that issues with my ranger … but i can play 3 roles atm . Support heal condi , Condi Druid for buffs , or full DPS condi Ranger.

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Really? HA HA. I’ve always been a ranger ,almost since launch,even when the rangers were really hated and never had a problem doing any type of content and I even play “lazy ranger” build…signets and all. But in the same time..i am a guild leader…I create the groups.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

This morning I was roaming open-world, solo, looking to earn some HPs. When I was at this waypoint in Tangled Depths when suddenly a group of players appeared and then a prompt message appeared on my chat, " I was being kicked out of the party by this lame person".

I was liked, wth ?! I always play solo and I certainly did not join any group or squad. Did the game added a auto-group-join thingy in open world map?

No, the game did not add an auto-group join, what it sounds like is you got an invite and it popped up while you where doing something else and you accepted without knowing it. Believe me, it does happen…I’ve done it once myself.

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

Interesting, I usually command a zerg in the wee hours in WVW as a ranger (not druid) and no one has said anything, i openly accept any who will die for the cause. Sorry you’ve encountered some kittengery out there. You just keep doing your thing and let them keep the sense of entilement all to themselves GL & HF

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

No, the game did not add an auto-group join, what it sounds like is you got an invite and it popped up while you where doing something else and you accepted without knowing it. Believe me, it does happen…I’ve done it once myself.

More likely, he got an invite, didn’t notice it, and then someone canceled the pending invite. It happened to me today. Never noticed an invite, but got a “X has voted to kick (my name) from the party” message in my chat log.

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Pugs will never learn that there are other options than those they are used to. Guard can spike as good as Ele these days. A long time ago when dungeons were extremely frequently visited and pugged, pugs took 2 full years to forget about stacking in corners at bosses without adds.
Ranger has it’s burst, even power. Power is just weak for longer fights atm and not that high in damage as ele, guard, thief or w/e. I hope that issue is addressed with soulbeast but who knows…

Posted by: Metavahn.7293

Metavahn.7293

Rangers give themselves a name, and that name is selfish loner, never do i see rangers supporting the team in pve or pvp, usually they are the first to run ahead and KS the mobs in a event before slower classes can get a tag in

Even if rangers were good for pve i wouldnt take one because i know the type of kid that would play a ranger knowing the state they are in…just a clueless kid who wants easy street

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

And Raid groups?

Dude, there’s always going to be a best setup for each fractal level, and for each one it requires a different composition to speedily complete, for this specific farm, that is what they want to use and if you don’t meet the criteria you should look for a different group.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

One option; start your own group and make it for rangers only. Probably won’t be very successful but it’d kitten off the l33t3sts.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Rangers give themselves a name, and that name is selfish loner, never do i see rangers supporting the team in pve or pvp, usually they are the first to run ahead and KS the mobs in a event before slower classes can get a tag in

Even if rangers were good for pve i wouldnt take one because i know the type of kid that would play a ranger knowing the state they are in…just a clueless kid who wants easy street

lol.
Sometimes I wonder what people must have been through to get such a radical attitude. You can’t even judge anyone by the class. Even worse if you take open world as a mesurement.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

By “KS”, do you mean “kill steal”? Is that possible in GW2?

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Did a big bad ranger take your precursor drop or something?

Seriously though, the moment people start throwing around buzz words like “kid” and make negative, baseless assumptions about the players who play the class, is the moment they’re not worth taking seriously anymore. Stay salty.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

It might depend on server as well? Yesterday I was roaming on my ranger and helped a guild group nearby capture a couple structures and engage in a couple zerg fights. They invited me to their squad and I followed them around for a couple more fights before they ported to respond to call out and I stayed on that BL.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Did people actually dodge in WVW?
Are we playing the same game? I’m in T1 server constantly btw.

Posted by: zooaiy.2108

zooaiy.2108

is “just a clueless kid who wants easy street” too long for a toon name?

Posted by: Katherine Ismael.5249

Katherine Ismael.5249

Fill your mind before you empty your mouth.

Posted by: dchsknight.3042

dchsknight.3042

I find this thread very funny. Because I feel like the OP Is just perpetuating a myth.

Rangers have the highest dps in high level fractals. It has been this way for a year.

It seems to me that you might be inflexible. Maybe try out condi ranger builds. I gaurentee you wont be kicked…