Rank 30 WvW Required for Gift of Battle Grind

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I like how everyone acts like the 500 badges just fell out of people’s kitten back before they were flowing like spice from the achievement point chests.

You’ve always had to wvw to get the gift of Battle. They are just fixing it so you have to once again and its still easier than it was back in 2012.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Legendaries are a WvW weapon. WvW participation should be required.

Legendaries are a PvE weapon. PvE should be the only requirement.

Which one is the more selfish statement?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

A different way to do this would have been to have a WvW way to get a legendary, as well as a PvE way. Make the WvW way less grindy, and there’s your incentive for PvE players to try WvW.

Ultimately, the decision to pursue a legendary is a choice — it’s just a pity that pursuing a legendary is just about all of the endgame. Deciding you don’t want one just shortens your time in the game — and presumably if you’re not playing, you’re not buying things in the shop.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

im rank 690 and i dont even run with the wxp train at all. its fairly easy to get wxp. i get it through killing players . a pve player might want to follow a zerg around in eotm right now wxp everywhere. right now its easy so instead of crying here, go there and u will get those 30 in no time. seriously if i was wxp farming id be way over 1k ranks by now. ther is plenty of pve like events in wvw and eotm. go collect the oil, go kill guards, take camps, take towers with the zerg. plus if u have a birthday booster or wxp booster 30 ranks in a day piece of cake

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Yours.

Substance E.4852

Yours.

I ’m not sure you know what the word selfish means.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Well, most of the people craft legendaries for wvw because wvw is generally chosen as an endgame place. So wvw participation must be required. If It has to be removed, then dungeon tokens and pve participation obligations must be removed too.
I have so many friends who buy their legendaries with credit card just to avoid doing pve stuff. Making it depend only to either pve or wvw is bad for different types of players.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

You casual peasants complain about this like if it would take ages to get rank 30 on WvW. You get rank 30 in a week or less. You guys are pathetic.

I’m rank 170+ and I love to WvW just for the fun of it. I just don’t see the point in this if you don’t need rank 30 to buy said items off the TP or to equip them or whatever. It’s just silly really. All it will do is to promote buying legendaries off the TP for those who don’t like to WvW.

Legendaries require many other items that are not available on the TP besides a lvl 30 wvw rank , does that make it silly too? I dont see anyone complaining for those.

Edit: I love how you changed from 110 rank to 170, pretty legit stuff. You sound believable.

Well I checked my rank and saw it was far higher than I thought and I do like to be precise with my facts, nothing wrong with that. Look I have no problem with this 30 rank thing as long as they ALSO include it to those who already have a legendary. Would you really be against there being a requirement for those who have a legendary to also have to have level 30 to equip it? If so why? Why not the fairness?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

rank 30 easily available for PVE tokens (aka laurels) achieving it you also have the determined buff on you all the way …. so don’t worry you wont die…

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

The reason they’re doing this is because they want to return the old requirement of WvW participation. Before you had to play WvW to get badges, now the achievement chests are giving badges like hotcakes and practically nullifying the requirement.

That is utter bullkitten. They’ve basically made it impossible for a casual player to obtain a legendary without (shocker!) buying one outright off the TP.

I’ve done my map completion, I’ve gotten everything but the precursor, and I’ve played a lot of WvW just for the heck of it. I’m not exactly a casual player, but I’m not hardcore by any means, yet I’m only rank 11. I could understand if it was rank 10. That is achievable and by the time you hit that you’ve learned a lot about WvW.
Making it rank 30 certainly won’t help the issue of zerging either.
What next Anet? Require completion of fractals up through level 50 in order to get world completion?
They should just stop this crap and remove the legendary crafting process and sell them directly in the gemstore for RL cash only purchases. That’s what they want.

You have not learned a lot about WvW at r10, try r100.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

stop. just stop right there. wvw players are in the worst place in the game when it comes to getting a legendary. pve players with a metric kitten ton of achievment points have probably literally thousands of badges of honor, where wvw players have to farm them. get it?

To be fair, pve is the ‘main’ part of the game. It’s pretty obvious by all the marketing, hype, etc, that pve is the primary focus and what they are pushing to sell copies. I don’t think anyone that bought the game only for wvw should be expecting every cosmetic item from pve to be attainable in wvw. There have even already been quite a few improvements for wvw players as far as gear goes.

On the other side of the coin, I don’t think enforcing wvw participation for otherwise pve-oriented goals (legendary and map completion) is good for the pve or wvw communities. I know Anet wants to draw more attention to wvw/pvp, but trying to force it on players that don’t want to be there just makes it worse for both sides. Players buying a game with so much pve focused marketing are likely not expecting, or wanting, pvp as a requirement for getting prestige items. And making those requirements more strict 18 months after release is just absurd.

Just to be clear, this is coming from someone that enjoys both wvw and pve. Although there have been times where I have done only one of the two almost exclusively for months.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

btw u guys are aware of the fact that u can buy ranks too with badges and laurels

50 badges, 2 laurels =1rank

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Anyway you cut it, this was a bad idea. Stop instituting bad ideas.

Paulytnz.7619

Ok so you suggest to run off and start playing wow or something to address things that we don’t like when Anet has clearly made it known to us that they like feedback from us? Somehow, I just can’t see that working…..

I also think that using other forums will be far less effective than here since we know for a fact that Anet reads these forums.

(edited by Moderator)

Substance E.4852

Yours.

I ’m not sure you know what the word selfish means.

Good think you’re not sure because you would be so wrong.

Sure haven’t done anything to demonstrate that.

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Instead of crying about what is fair and what is not fair, learn to fight against companies. In European and Asian nations the people are smart enough to know that companies tolerate anything from their userbase because they exist for one thing….making money!

The way they fight against companies is by remaining eternally vigil and with some form of unity when something happens that people do not like, they flock to the opposing companies and give their money to them, while spreading how they have been treated to others on a massive scale.

This is very powerful as it teaches companies that their userbase is not mindless and willing to be smart enough to invest in the opposing company as a measure of public opinion.

Finally, the creation and posting in independent communities where the moderation is more indepedent and neutral as first party as a primary source rather than a secondary or tertiary source becomes highly important, because as Americans know….you think you have freedom of speech, until you are hung by the words you say and everyone chooses to duck rather than to enraged.

One has to only look at themselves in the mirror to see the true face of the good and most wicked of all evils.

Ok so you suggest to run off and start playing wow or something to address things that we don’t like when Anet has clearly made it known to us that they like feedback from us? Somehow, I just can’t see that working…..

I also think that using other forums will be far less effective than here since we know for a fact that Anet reads these forums.

I am not American and I don’t buy into this freedom of speech and other drivel people shout from time to time so I will just not address that side of your post.

They read the CDI threads for sure…the rest of the forums I doubt, or they wouldn’t need the CDI threads in the first place.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Rank 30 seems easy enough to get. Only thing that I find wrong with this is rolling it out before the account bound WXP change.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The account-wide WXP change was meant to go in with this update originally though. (Got pulled for an unspecified reason. Probably technical bugs.)

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

A sore spot? Hardly.

I have all of one legendary that a guild helped me get by gathering a lot of the T6 materials (specifically because it looked so ridiculous). You’re the one howling about “fair” and whatnot.

For a person who claims to not care, you sure seem to care a whole lot about it… considering this is the second thread in two different sub-forums you’ve whined about it in. Sounds like you care a hell of a lot, actually. But hey, that’s just me.

I do apologize for singling out your quote however, because the post really was directed in general to those whining about having to go into WvW for their legendary requirements.

At this point, I don’t know how much clearer Arena.net can make it. They want you to WvW AND PvE in order to get a legendary weapon, and they aren’t going to change that requirement no matter how much carebears (to borrow the term for PvE-exclusive players) cry about it.

See, your missing the whole point. They are NOT making it a requirement. If it was a requirement, you would not be able to purchase them off of the TP.
They are only making it a requirement for new players or players who have not gotten theirs yet. It’s a slippery slope they keep going down more and more. New players to the game are being panelized just for being new. That is no way to get new players, but it is a way to lose old players.

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

It’s called the Karma train. Log in on Friday, or late thursday, before reset and earn ranks PVDooring over and over again. Pop a wvw and birthday booster and you will get those 30 ranks in no time with no effort.

I know this is Carebear Wars2 and all but you already had to complete the map anyway. Not a whole lot more to ask to get a messily 30 ranks when we have boosters.

This.

I remember the best day I had was 70 ranks so 30 is not a big thing TBH.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

should have been rank 100. make it worth the legendary status.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

ShiningSquirrel.3751

If they are going to make this requirement, then it should be a requirement to even equip one. Not rank 30? have a legendary already? so sorry, it has to sit in storage until you get that rank up. The only fair thing to do.

Oh, quit crying already.

Before you could get Badges from achievment chests, before WvW Exp was even a thing, you had to grind out 500 Badges, and there was only one way to do it.

By playing WvW. Like Arena.net clearly wants you to do to get the Gift of Battle. They aren’t changing it no matter how much you whine.

So I see I hit a sore spot, LOL!
So just how many legendries do you have there?
I am not “whining”, it seems you are the one getting upset here. I have no intention of ever getting a legendary as they are some of the ugliest weapons in the game and look like they where designed by and for a 12 year old girl, which I have said many times before. Since I have no intention of even trying to make one, this actually does not effect me at all, not even a bit, but it IS unfair to those who do want to go for it. WvW sucks, the players are some of the worst people in game and many of us want nothing to do with either of them. Anet attempting to force players in to content they do not want to do will not end well. Who knows, it could even backfire with PvE players seeing just how mach “fun” they can have by building random siege equipment or seeing what happens when golem walks off a cliff. If it came down to a civil war between the PvE players and the WvW players, WvW would be in serious trouble. ;-)

WvW doesn’t suck. It might not be your cup of tea. But it is to other players. There are toxic players in all aspects of the game. Have you not seen the threads about “elitists” in dungeons or the rude people on the Queensdale champ train? I imagine there are rude people in sPvP, but I don’t like PvP in general so I wouldn’t know.

It’s not my cup of tea either, but when I went in to get my map completion, I found out something. It’s not as bad as I thought it was and I might pop in from time to time once I’ve got my map completion. I do have 1 gift of battle, but I want 2 legendaries and I’m not angry or upset that they changed the requirement. I would also not be upset or angry if they changed it before I got my 1 gift of battle.

You don’t have to actually play WvW to get 100% map completion if you’re patient. So I’m not upset that they added in a requirement that actually makes you play WvW.

I have played WvW, I am currently rank 28, and have had 100% map completion for ages, and I still say it sucks, I hate it with a passion. It may be your opinion that it does not suck, but to be honest, your opinion does not matter to me when it comes down to what I want to play. The only opinion that matters then is my own, just like your opinion is all that matters when you are trying to decide what you want to play.

I could get a legendary any time I want, and can be rank 30 in a day or 2 at most. For me, it’s a none issue as I will never get one of those god awful ugly legendary weapons.
But I still say it is not fair to new players or players who do want a legendary and have not gotten it yet. A major change like that should never be just thrown at the player base blindly.

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

I WvW occasionally when I have time. My friends mainly PvE and I enjoy running through dungeons with them more than joining a zerg of people I don’t know. That being said, I don’t mind the PvP aspect and I enjoy WvW occasionally on my own. After a year my main is still rank 12.

I think if you need a requirement for gift of battle, rank 10 should be good enough to have players experience the essence of battle.

If you need to put a rank 30 requirement on something, please put it on commander tags. Force people to have learned how to work together, before they’re even allowed to buy a tag.

Posted by: Lanierx.2607

Lanierx.2607

If they are going to make this requirement, then it should be a requirement to even equip one. Not rank 30? have a legendary already? so sorry, it has to sit in storage until you get that rank up. The only fair thing to do.

Oh, quit crying already.

Before you could get Badges from achievment chests, before WvW Exp was even a thing, you had to grind out 500 Badges, and there was only one way to do it.

By playing WvW. Like Arena.net clearly wants you to do to get the Gift of Battle. They aren’t changing it no matter how much you whine.

I am not “whining”, it seems you are the one getting upset here. I have no intention of ever getting a legendary as they are some of the ugliest weapons in the game and look like they where designed by and for a 12 year old girl, which I have said many times before. Since I have no intention of even trying to make one, this actually does not effect me at all, not even a bit, but it IS unfair to those who do want to go for it. WvW sucks, the players are some of the worst people in game and many of us want nothing to do with either of them. Anet attempting to force players in to content they do not want to do will not end well. Who knows, it could even backfire with PvE players seeing just how mach “fun” they can have by building random siege equipment or seeing what happens when golem walks off a cliff. If it came down to a civil war between the PvE players and the WvW players, WvW would be in serious trouble. ;-)

WvW doesn’t suck. It might not be your cup of tea. But it is to other players. There are toxic players in all aspects of the game. Have you not seen the threads about “elitists” in dungeons or the rude people on the Queensdale champ train? I imagine there are rude people in sPvP, but I don’t like PvP in general so I wouldn’t know.

It’s not my cup of tea either, but when I went in to get my map completion, I found out something. It’s not as bad as I thought it was and I might pop in from time to time once I’ve got my map completion. I do have 1 gift of battle, but I want 2 legendaries and I’m not angry or upset that they changed the requirement. I would also not be upset or angry if they changed it before I got my 1 gift of battle.

You don’t have to actually play WvW to get 100% map completion if you’re patient. So I’m not upset that they added in a requirement that actually makes you play WvW.

I have played WvW, I am currently rank 28, and have had 100% map completion for ages, and I still say it sucks, I hate it with a passion. It may be your opinion that it does not suck, but to be honest, your opinion does not matter to me when it comes down to what I want to play. The only opinion that matters then is my own, just like your opinion is all that matters when you are trying to decide what you want to play.

I could get a legendary any time I want, and can be rank 30 in a day or 2 at most. For me, it’s a none issue as I will never get one of those god awful ugly legendary weapons.
But I still say it is not fair to new players or players who do want a legendary and have not gotten it yet. A major change like that should never be just thrown at the player base blindly.

Sounds to me like you do want a legendary weapon you are just trying to fool yourself into thinking they are god awfully ugly

Posted by: Kaien.2083

Kaien.2083

The biggest problem with changes like this is that there are no warnings before hand and doesn’t give players any time to react. Changes are fine, but you need to let your players know that YOU ARE ABOUT TO MAKE A CHANGE and give at least a few days for players to react to said change!!! Had I known I would have gotten my Gift of Battle yesterday before the patch instead of waiting till today when I just finished my 100% world completion and found out now I have to grind for rank 30 in WvW in order to make my Gift of Mastery …

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

it was good move by anet, although its too late most of old players (at least a year of playing or even less) have multiple legendary weapons or at least they got legendary weapons they need for their main.
the new players will get effected but not that much,its not hard to get to 30 considering its account wide and u have to do it only once.
the fact is legendary weapons lost its concept of being epic and who hold it should be good player who played different aspect of the game.the legendary weapons are still too easy to make even with new change.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

While we’re at it let’s force the wvw’ers to get rank 20 in spvp to get their gift of battle. It’s only fair.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Oh, quit crying already.

And when the game launched you had to play WvW to get badges of honor. There weren’t any in the achievement chests because those didn’t exist at launch.

IMO they realized that their decision to let badges of honor be obtained via achievement chests was going against their desire for the path to getting a legendary: that someone has to play multiple aspects of the game. That includes WvW for the purposes of the legendary. Now one could argue the exploration requirement does that bit it doesn’t. If a person is patient enough they can get all of WvW without really participating.

So instead of removing the badges of honor from the achievement chests, they decided to just add a requirement that would require players to play WvW to make a legendary. And let’s be honest, for a not so good player achieving rank 30 is probably easier than obtaining badges of honor outside of the achievement chests.

And like I said, WvW is not your cup of tea. I acknowledged the fact that you are allowed to not like an aspect of the game.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

While we’re at it let’s force the wvw’ers to get rank 20 in spvp to get their gift of battle. It’s only fair.

That sounds fantastic. The tears will flood these forums in a great tide, assuming that PvEers have to do it too. I mean, it’s only fair- WvWers already have to do hundreds of hours of PvE to get their legendary, between grinding gold, farming dungeon tokens and doing world completion.

Seriously, rank 30 is almost trivially easy to get, between how the low ranks cost less and just generally how easy it is to roll a karma train. If you’re really having that tough a time with it, you can just throw 54 laurels at it and be done.

And you only have to do this grind once, too, if you want to get multiple legendaries. Only feel like exploring the world once if you want more than two legendaries? Too bad.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Derbedea.8123

Derbedea.8123

I was just 20 shards away from making my first legendary weapon. I don;t want and never wanted to play www. I play gw since the begining, 8 and a half years ago. Today i quit. Forever. Thanks arenanet, you’re the best. I’ll make sure every one on every single forum in this internet knows what you just did to us.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Getting a legendary should have NOTHING to do with sPvP. Why? Simple: you can’t use your legendary in sPvP. If they change that, sure. But otherwise sPvP and PvE/WvW are two completely different worlds.

On-topic, I think the r30 is a good ideea BUT it should have been implemented from the start. Everyone should have been forced to get to r30 in order to craft a legendary. As it is, people wanting to craft one now are at a disadvantage compared to people who already did it, and that is not nice on the part of ANet. However, since you can just buy your ranks with 60 laurels and some badges of honor, of which you have about ten million billion about now due to achievement chests, this should definitely not be a problem; your legendary will simply cost 60 laurels more, which is very little compared to the total amount needed. 60 laurels is ~50g, I would say.

Let’s not forget that legendaries are prestige items and the quest to obtain them should be… well… worthy of legend? It should take you through all the aspects of the game (PvE and WvW, not sPvP for the reason above) before you can craft them. And legendaries should be account bound on crafting IMO; they should not be tradeable on the TP. Precursors yes, but not the legendaries. It takes a lot from their awesomeness that you can just buy them with a credit card. They should have more components that require actual gameplay to obtain, not a credit card.

I was just 20 shards away from making my first legendary weapon. I don;t want and never wanted to play www. I play gw since the begining, 8 and a half years ago. Today i quit. Forever. Thanks arenanet, you’re the best. I’ll make sure every one on every single forum in this internet knows what you just did to us.

I’m sorry, mate, but this is ridiculous. They added a cost of 60 laurels to the ~2k gold you need to spend to make a legendary. Granted, it sucks, but it’s not the end of the world.

(edited by SkyFallsInThunder.8257)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

“…force…”

I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Makes sense to me. I’m not even sure why they put badges in the ap chest to begin with, but hey…it was nice to have the extra surprise. What this did was make it so that players didn’t have to do anything in WvW though.

Now you do again. Just like you had to before badges were put in those ap chest. Chickens came home to roost.

Agree with others…30 is pretty simple to get to. Non issue for me.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I play gw since the begining, 8 and a half years ago. Today i quit. Forever. Thanks arenanet, you’re the best. I’ll make sure every one on every single forum in this internet knows what you just did to us.

You should have plenty of AP and therefore free badges from those chests. This should have been bought a long time ago. And it’s not “us”.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

nah, you’re just saying it. you don’t really quit.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Welp, looks like I kicked an ant hill :D

And yes, Pve skins including legendaries will be usable in pvp in a future update :)

Derbedea.8123

Yes, more than one is us. And yes, i did quit. And i;‘m sick of people kissing anet’s kitten every time they do a stupid thing. This forum is full of those. That’s why they keep doing it. I have 8000 ap. I am not a grinder. Guild wars in my days was not about grinding. And i don;t want to spend 60 laurels for that, i already spent all the laurels to buy the 6 tier materials. Legendary weapon was tomany grind already.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Oh, quit crying already.

Sounds to me like you do want a legendary weapon you are just trying to fool yourself into thinking they are god awfully ugly

Sounds more like you are a little clueless and have no idea what you are talking about. :-p
Lets just say if I was in to “my little pony” or “rainbow brite” there might be something there but since I am not a 12 year old girl, neither hold much interest to me.

Ashen.2907

Guild wars in my days was not about grinding.

Just out of curiosity, how would you have gone about getting a Frog Sceptre, or Dryad Bow, or any number of the rare skins that have always been offered up through grind by ANet ?

Derbedea.8123

O didn;t know Frog Sceptre, or Dryad Bow, or any number of the rare skins have attributes that can change on doble click or are the trade mark item for the game. And again, sick of every time anet mocks the players, a bunch of kitten kissings says it’s the best game in the world. Well, there really are other games out there.

Ashen.2907

O didn;t know Frog Sceptre, or Dryad Bow, or any number of the rare skins have attributes that can change on doble click or are the trade mark item for the game. And again, sick of every time anet mocks the players, a bunch of kitten kissings says it’s the best game in the world. Well, there really are other games out there.

I do not say its the best game in the world. I am rather disappointed in GW2, and have said so many times.

I am not certain that the legendaries are any more trademarked than any other weapon skin in the game. They are certainly, IMO, some of the ugliest and worst weapon designs I’ve ever seen. Perhaps that is their uniqueness, “ugliest weapon skins in a fantasy MMO.”

You spoke as if grind for rare weapon skins were a new thing in the GW franchise, something introduced with this patch. So how do you balance that implication against the FACT that the GW franchise has had rare weapons gated behind grind for many years ?

Any inclination, or ability, to answer the questions posed ?

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Makes sense to me. I’m not even sure why they put badges in the ap chest to begin with, but hey…it was nice to have the extra surprise. What this did was make it so that players didn’t have to do anything in WvW though.

Now you do again. Just like you had to before badges were put in those ap chest. Chickens came home to roost.

Agree with others…30 is pretty simple to get to. Non issue for me.

Hate to break it to you, but you ALWAYS had to do something in WvW. Did you forget about exploration there guy?
If they had made it a requirement from the beginning, no big deal. That are changing the rules mid stream. If it is going to be a requirement, it should be a requirement for all. And if it’s a matter of “doing all parts of the game”, then it should also be required to have a specific fractal level as well. You can say it requires you to play the whole game, but then leave some parts out.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

wow, such emotion, so close, very quit, 60 laurels….

Paulytnz.7619

Getting a legendary should have NOTHING to do with sPvP. Why? Simple: you can’t use your legendary in sPvP. If they change that, sure. But otherwise sPvP and PvE/WvW are two completely different worlds.

On-topic, I think the r30 is a good ideea BUT it should have been implemented from the start. Everyone should have been forced to get to r30 in order to craft a legendary. As it is, people wanting to craft one now are at a disadvantage compared to people who already did it, and that is not nice on the part of ANet. However, since you can just buy your ranks with 60 laurels and some badges of honor, of which you have about ten million billion about now due to achievement chests, this should definitely not be a problem; your legendary will simply cost 60 laurels more, which is very little compared to the total amount needed. 60 laurels is ~50g, I would say.

Let’s not forget that legendaries are prestige items and the quest to obtain them should be… well… worthy of legend? It should take you through all the aspects of the game (PvE and WvW, not sPvP for the reason above) before you can craft them. And legendaries should be account bound on crafting IMO; they should not be tradeable on the TP. Precursors yes, but not the legendaries. It takes a lot from their awesomeness that you can just buy them with a credit card. They should have more components that require actual gameplay to obtain, not a credit card.

I’m sorry, mate, but this is ridiculous. They added a cost of 60 laurels to the ~2k gold you need to spend to make a legendary. Granted, it sucks, but it’s not the end of the world.

Hmmm but this is changing soon, so perhaps this may happen. Soon we will be able to use any and all pve skins we have in sPvP and visa versa. Please lets not give them any more ideas lol.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I do not say its the best game in the world. I am rather disappointed in GW2, and have said so many times.

I am not certain that the legendaries are any more trademarked than any other weapon skin in the game. They are certainly, IMO, some of the ugliest and worst weapon designs I’ve ever seen. Perhaps that is their uniqueness, “ugliest weapon skins in a fantasy MMO.”

You spoke as if grind for rare weapon skins were a new thing in the GW franchise, something introduced with this patch. So how do you balance that implication against the FACT that the GW franchise has had rare weapons gated behind grind for many years ?

Any inclination, or ability, to answer the questions posed ?

You really can’t compare the rare skins in GW1 to legendries in GW2. There was no grind for the skins in GW1, they where pure RNG. Either you had one drop, or you did not.

Ashen.2907

You really can’t compare the rare skins in GW1 to legendries in GW2. There was no grind for the skins in GW1, they where pure RNG. Either you had one drop, or you did not.

Killing the same mobs over and over and over and over (and over) in the hope that a given weapon might drop is grind. The inclusion of RNG does not inherently prevent something from being a grind.

Posted by: apocalyps.7106

apocalyps.7106

this is a very bad decision on a-net’s behalf, like many other decisions that they took, example flamekissed cultural t3 armor.

it’s wrong on so many levels, there is a bunch of player kissing a-net tail on the forum, it’s useless to argue with them, and it’s no help in yelling out loud that it must be reverted because arena net considers that the opinions voiced on this forum are a MINORITY and shouldn’t be taken in account ( as the photo leaked from the admin/staff/beta tester’s forum’s says it, it was posted on the forum few months ago and deleted very fast..)

pve players were already forced in exploring the whole wvw , some friend of mine got explore in few months , due to the fact that they couldn’t capture some points.
now we need grind rank?

if now they realised they commited a mistake with adding badges to achievment points and now want to repair that mistake it’s sad by adding r30 it’s sad

OR the possibility of buying your rank with badges from the chest which many might not have, i have specced 4 characters with those badges. and this is a vicious circle..

they proved many times that left doesn’t know what the right does, and do not coordinate in between their departments.

sad. this game had so huge potential

(edited by apocalyps.7106)

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Good lord people really will cry about anything. It’s not difficult, just get on with it without moaning all the time.

It really is starting to look like casual mmos have the most self entitled and down right worst communities within the genre.

“I want this but don’t want to have to do that, this, or that over there to actually get it”.

“Make legendaries “legendary”, oh but you can’t make me do stuff out of my comfort zone, it’s sooo unfair!".

“I don’t like how they are playing over there, nerf them and their content!”.

“I want to play my own special snowflake way and that way should also always be the most optimal/fastest way, so nerf all those nasty min/max speedrunners!”.

“Nerf the TP, some people are making more gold than me!”.

“Oooh a game advertised as having active combat and no trinity! Change everything and add a trinity in so I can facetank, it’s not fair I have to move out of the way of getting hit”.

TL:DR – Yes I mad.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Killing the same mobs over and over and over and over (and over) in the hope that a given weapon might drop is grind. The inclusion of RNG does not inherently prevent something from being a grind.

Except the rare skins did not drop from the same mobs. They could drop from nearly any mob. There where some skins that had a higher chance from some mobs, and then the exclusive skins like the greens that only came off of specific bosses, but you did not have to grind for them. I had multiple storm bows, a frog scepter and several other “rare” skins and I did not farm or grind a single mob to get them. I got them from just playing the game as I normally would.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

In general I don’t mind that you need to play WvW to get a legendary. A legendary is a Legendary weapon which should show that the player has done a widespread variety of things in this game. If WvW should be taken out why not dungeons too, why need 100% world exploration? You could as well say, “meh I don’t like it, take it out”.

But what I don’t understand is:
The whole thing goes back and forth. At the beginning badges were awarded only for playing WvW, if I remember right. Then everyone gets them out of the achievement boxes, now you need a rank to buy the gift of battle. What’s the sense behind this?