Rank 30 WvW Required for Gift of Battle Grind

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

My opinion is like some here, I believe having a legendary should require wvw pve and pvp. They should be not able to be bought. This should have been started at launch.

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

Cry all you want, Leg weapons are not needed, Accessed armor is. I have to PVE and craft to get it.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I’d have no problem with this if not for the utter lack of warning. Honestly would not care, but that came out of nowhere.

I was thinking of buying the Gift of Battle the night before the patch and didn’t because I’m low on bank space. Silly me.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The ability to reach rank 30 in a ‘matter of hours’ laregely depends on the server you are on and the size of the zerg you can run with.

People can defend the change all they want, but I really don’t see the reason or need for it. Not that it can’t be done or done in a reasonable manner, but the necessity of it is really in question.

Linking commander’s tomes to a WvW currency, BOH, is questionable too. Commanders have a real role and place in PvE and not only WvW. Sure, there are workarounds for the WvW currency requirment such as AP but why was this put in place? Adding a requirement such as a WvW currency to something that has a real and legit place in PvE only environments also is baffling. And this does nothing to help the issue people have with commander’s tomes being too cheap and everyone getting one.

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

In my opinion, this would actually be a perfect example of a ‘grind’.

I am well over level 30, so I am not affected by this change. Thus my argument is purely for the sake of new players, and to eliminate a change that really adds no value to the game.

Asking players, who may not enjoy WvW, to earn enough Badges of Honor was already seen as a ‘grind’ for such players and was offset by including Badges of Honor as a part of the Achievement Chest Rewards.

Having ‘solved’ this problem, you have now chosen to make WvW once again compulsory in the process of crafting a legendary, which not to mention has not been the case for all those who have recently crafted them, and thus is rather unfair.

I understand that you are trying to urge more players to move to WvW, as this is where players are able to create more interest in the game rather than the developers having to come up with content at a ridiculous pace, and I am not complaining about that, it is one solution.

However, there are plenty of others, such as not completely throwing away dungeons after their patch, and perhaps involving them in a different aspect of the game, as you have done with the new Fractals.

Again, I do not wish to offend anybody, and do not want to create any arguments, I am purely stating my observations of what could be a rather depressing, non-value adding burden to be placed on new players wishing to create their first legendary, which as well already know is a process that has been made much longer given the comparative lack of Karma that we are now able to obtain.

Kind regards,

Edward

Why is it such a big deal? It’s a HELL of a lot harder to get 250 of each Tier 6 mat than it is to get 500 Badges of Honor or Rank 30, and getting a Precursor is even harder than getting 250 of each T6.

We should accept that ANet wants us to experience all that GW2 is to get a Legendary, aside from sPVP/tPVP. The WvW requirements are pretty easy and frankly a cakewalk compared to the other requirements, Gift of Fortune oh my lord what a freakin’ pain. Look at that big hole in my pocket.

It kittenes me off because I only started doing this around August last year and by then inflation drove prices to astronomical levels. Back in 2012 I hear you could buy Dusk for 40 gold. Wow. That’s like chickenfeed today.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Mochann.5298

The ability to reach rank 30 in a ‘matter of hours’ laregely depends on the server you are on and the size of the zerg you can run with.

People can defend the change all they want, but I really don’t see the reason or need for it. Not that it can’t be done or done in a reasonable manner, but the necessity of it is really in question.

I question the need to buy 400 gold worth of T6 mats, or the need to buy a 700 gold precursor. Or throw 1,000 gold into the mystic toilet in the hopes of getting one.

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

I phsycally can’t follow the zerg in WvW. My system simply won’t support it. I freeze and crash.

Turn you settings down to minimum. If you are already using minimum settings and are still crashing in WvW for zerg fights then I have no idea how you cope with those big pve events. I find those a much bigger load on my system than WvW zerg versus zerg.

30 ranks is really not a big issue as others have said.

You have to do the map completion anyway so if you do some of that via capping objectives rather than just grabbing already capped stuff you will get wxp from those caps.
You can get wxp via laurels and badges. A Friday karma train with a birthday booster can give you plenty. A cycle of the main assets on a BL map would give you over 10KWxp which is 2 levels with a booster and takes less than 20 minutes in a good karma train.
Playing WvW normally will yield around 1 level an hour if you are running in a small team capping camps and killing folks.

The gifts are account bound so you only need 1 avatar at this level anyway. That will get even easier when they do acct wide wxp.

Compare this to the previous 500 badges when they had no achievement chest drops and they only dropped from kills and rarely or you got a few from puzzle chests. 30 ranks now and the ton badges you get from achievement chests without setting foot in WvW are a much smaller requirement than they had at the start.

As others have said, you can use some laurels and badges to get the wxp if you really want and not have to fight anyone or cap anything. If you have a few thousand achievement points (and you will have from map completion and all those other pve activities) then you will be sitting on a few thousand badges already.

Compare this to having to do dungeons to gather 500 tokens or full blown pve map completion or gathering all the other mats and its really one of the lesser things to accomplish to get a legendary.

Anyways, its clear on one thing, folks like to moan.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

Kreen.3925

The reason is clear – you used to actually have to leave the protected area in WvW to get the badges needed for the gift of battle previously before WvW badges started dropping from achievement chests like candy even if it was only to visit a jumping puzzle.

With the achievement chests dropping WvW badges you could get your gift without leaving the protected area and so Anets original plan that a legendary required participation in all forms of the game it could be used in was broken more than they obviously liked, map completion excepted.

They have just reverted that change by introducing the rank requirement which is still easier than previously since with some laurels and badges you can still buy it without setting foot in WvW proper.

Of course you still need to do the map completion piece and so need to actually visit WvW but that has not changed so is moot given the title of this thread.

I fight for JQ.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So why can’t the gift of battle also be gotten for spvp? Is it dependent on having to battle people rather than npcs specifically? Could not killing zaihtan and achieving dungeon master not also be considered a ‘battle’ achievement?

You’re over-thinking this. All you need to know to understand this move is that adding a WvW ranks minimum for the GoB is just restoring the original requirement, that crafting a legendary meant you had to try WvW. As it is, you can get the GoE done with minimal to no actual participation in WvW battles. Badges in achievement chests removed the WvW participation requirement, now it’s back.

As to sPvP, the original intent there was that it would be separate from the rest of the game.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Stuff like this only serves to alienate more people and I see it as another bad move considering the quarterly numbers keep dropping.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Kreen.3925

So why can’t the gift of battle also be gotten for spvp? Is it dependent on having to battle people rather than npcs specifically? Could not killing zaihtan and achieving dungeon master not also be considered a ‘battle’ achievement?

Because you cannot currently use a legendary in sPvP so adding that as a requirement would not make any sense. If they introduce legendary skin use in sPvP then maybe they will add it as a requirement.

I fight for JQ.

Mochann.5298

Stuff like this only serves to alienate more people and I see it as another bad move considering the quarterly numbers keep dropping.

Where do you see these quarterly numbers?

Anyway, I find this change mostly unnecessary. It’s no big deal. I honestly don’t care if it’s there or not. Getting to rank 30 is easy and something you will hit naturally if you just map out WvW. Anyone who isn’t cheating the system somehow will hit rank 30 naturally.

The change is easy, easy, easy to do. Hitting rank 30 is practically effortless as long as your playing WvW.

If you hate WvW, tough luck. You don’t deserve a Legendary if you can’t even play to a minimum acceptable level in WvW.

Posted by: WRay.2391

WRay.2391

Legendaries are a WvW weapon. WvW participation should be required.

Legendaries are a PvE weapon. PvE should be the only requirement.

I have even better suggestion. No legendaries for people below 20k achievements. You just aren’t legendary enough with anything less.

Yay. More great ideas. Jumping puzzles are fun. Let’s add requirement to complete all of them for legendary.

I’m sure somebody will support this. More limitations. Punish us, ANET.

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

Anyway, I find this change mostly unnecessary. It’s no big deal. I honestly don’t care if it’s there or not. Getting to rank 30 is easy and something you will hit naturally if you just map out WvW. Anyone who isn’t cheating the system somehow will hit rank 30 naturally.

The change is easy, easy, easy to do. Hitting rank 30 is practically effortless as long as your playing WvW.

If you hate WvW, tough luck. You don’t deserve a Legendary if you can’t even play to a minimum acceptable level in WvW.

As a solo roamer spending more than 1.000 hours in WvW i just hit rank 30 2 weeks ago. I get it if you zerg mindlessly following commanders you can rank up fast. Some of us don’t want to be forced into running with 50+ players to blast finisher → auto attack the other 50+ players.

Well guess i’ll be buying my next legendary. Please a-net make us zerg more, its not like WvW is 1 big blob already.

(edited by koroshi.2658)

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Already mapped out WvW, no wvw ranks because they didn’t exist when I was forced to run around that gawdawful flash gank mob paradise.

Hitting rank 30 is a time gate for PvE and WvW players, but it is not a equal time gate it part of the problem.

Personally, I’d love to exclude you out of content just because you don’t like participating in a game mode as well.

“Oh, waypoints? You don’t deserve them unless you are a respectable PvE’er.” – This is how silly your claim is.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Oh?
I am rather sure that you never need to do Dungeons or WvW or DEs in order to get the most powerful rewards. They are made by crafting (and/or drops from several different kinds of places).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Ncsoft has all the financial and stock info on their site.

The “tough luck” attitude is a great way to build a healthy game and community…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Oh?
I am rather sure that you never need to do Dungeons or WvW or DEs in order to get the most powerful rewards. They are made by crafting (and/or drops from several different kinds of places).

Keep on twisting the truth, it’ll look the way you want it to no matter what.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Julian.8326

Julian.8326

I was not aware of this, I skipped the WvW part on the update notes, and now I’m kind of depressed.

Grinding 500 badges for my Howler was painful, I do not like WvW, I did it mostly through the JPs, and as soon I got my 500, I left WvW to never go back.

I was planning on making a 2nd legendary when the precursor scavenging hunt goes live, I already made my 77 Mystic Clovers, and I was so happy the achievement chests give you badges so I don’t need to grind them again. Now… I don’t really fell like it.

I don’t even know what rank I am, and I’m scared to see how long does it take to get to rank 30. This was completely unnecessary, nobody asked for this.

Marcus Ironforge ~ Norn Ranger
Alianza Argentina [ARG] @ Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Guess what, he wasn’t talking about legendaries when talking about the most powerful items. Please try to quote in context if you want to be relevant to the discussion.

Mochann.5298

Already mapped out WvW, no wvw ranks because they didn’t exist when I was forced to run around that gawdawful flash gank mob paradise.

Hitting rank 30 is a time gate for PvE and WvW players, but it is not a equal time gate it part of the problem.

Personally, I’d love to exclude you out of content just because you don’t like participating in a game mode as well.

“Oh, waypoints? You don’t deserve them unless you are a respectable PvE’er.” – This is how silly your claim is.

Comparing a Legendary to a Waypoint is silly.

Mochann.5298

As a solo roamer spending more than 1.000 hours in WvW i just hit rank 30 2 weeks ago. I get it if you zerg mindlessly following commanders you can rank up fast. Some of us don’t want to be forced into running with 50+ players to blast finisher -> auto attack the other 50+ players.

Well guess i’ll be buying my next legendary. Please a-net make us zerg more, its not like WvW is 1 big blob already.

I find that hard to believe. What exactly were you doing for those 1000 hours? Getting instagibbed by anyone you came across? You get WvW XP for capping camps, sentries, killing guards and mercs, and killing players. These are the activities a Roamer typically does. Especially the last one.

If you weren’t able to achieve enough WvW XP to hit rank 30 well before your 1000 hours, then you were doing something really, really wrong.

Either you’re badly exaggerating, lying, or incompetent.

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

As a solo roamer spending more than 1.000 hours in WvW i just hit rank 30 2 weeks ago. I get it if you zerg mindlessly following commanders you can rank up fast. Some of us don’t want to be forced into running with 50+ players to blast finisher -> auto attack the other 50+ players.

I find that hard to believe. What exactly were you doing for those 1000 hours? Getting instagibbed by anyone you came across? You get WvW XP for capping camps, sentries, killing guards and mercs, and killing players. These are the activities a Roamer typically does. Especially the last one.

If you weren’t able to achieve enough WvW XP to hit rank 30 well before your 1000 hours, then you were doing something really, really wrong.

Either you’re badly exaggerating, lying, or incompetent.

Actually I stream my gameplay daily for 100+ viewers I am rank 33 on my main class.

Mochann.5298

One more thing … for PVErs who are REALLY hardup for WXP, here’s what you can do:

Get some buddies (or LFG in map chat) to kill the Arboreal Spirit or the Grub. That’s a fat 600 points of WXP, more than a tower cap and almost as much as a keep. Easy way to get WXP, and it’s a very PVE thing to do.

You can also smash the Froggies, the Ogres or the Dredge. Another very PVE thing to do and nets you 200 poitns for the event plus whatever incidentals you get for killing the stuff.

And you can do this while Outnumbered for free bonus xp!!!

But like I said… I find this change unnecessary. It doesn’t really do anything for anyone, it’s just something for Anet so that people will be forced to play WvW.

I can agree with that concept though, because again Legendaries were designed for people to have only once they’ve shown some mastery of all the game modes outside of PVP. If you can’t hack it, you don’t deserve a legendary.

Look at me, I still haven’t made about 1,600 gold, so I still don’t deserve a Legendary. Woe is me.

Posted by: Stephapanda.5804

Stephapanda.5804

So, let me get this straight…

Players who prefer WvW are required to do mass amounts of PvE map completion (probably about 98% of map completion is PvE), dungeons, and other stuff to get materials for their legendary. But when PvE players have to obtain a fairly low WvW rank in order to get something it’s unfair and an outrage.

What the actual kitten? Why should you be able to obtain a gift of battle without ever stepping foot outside the safe zone, anyway? Cry me a river.

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

The idea behind the process of making a Legendary is that it requires the maker to experience the whole game; Dungeons/WvW/PvE/Events.
Only doing the JP’s ones a day for the badges isn’t what ‘WvW’ is all about.
This way the player experience what WvW is, rank 30 sounds unrealistic for a player who doesn’t know a lot about WXP.

R1-5 is only 5k WXP, then it’s 5k WXP all the time.
By going in eb or other BL to follow a commander who does a lot of PvD and you use the WXP boosters from rank up chests, you can get 10-15 ranks a day.

It’s the choice for the crafter of the Legendary,
You want a Legendary? Sometimes you need to do things that takes time and what you don’t enjoy doing.
It’s like me when I had to get 100% world completion, but that only takes longer and I didn’t enjoyed it either. I wanted a Legendary, so I didn’t had much of a choice.

Only problem I agree with is the people on less populated WvW servers, bit there is Eotm now

It will probably take forever to get r30 on Vabbi or other low populated server, I assume.

Few tips that can speed up the process,

Get PTV gear on Heavy classes,
Dont ever have Zerker gear on when following a commander.
Stay on the commander at all times (not the range)
Get on their TS (no need to talk, listen is fine).

If you survive longer/win the fight you get: More WXP = ranks – Tasty loot bags and maybe you start to enjoy it and the time goes quicker

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

(edited by TheUltimateBackStabber.4863)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Because then they didn’t have any advantage on exotic gear. Now they do have advantage over ascended weapons (stat changing and protection from vertical progression are not a minor thing – in fact those are the only reason i’d make legendary for, because aestethically they are just plain ugly).

So, let me get this straight…

Players who prefer WvW are required to do mass amounts of PvE map completion (probably about 98% of map completion is PvE), dungeons, and other stuff to get materials for their legendary. But when PvE players have to obtain a fairly low WvW rank in order to get something it’s unfair and an outrage.

Yes, you get it. Mind you, nobody is saying that the fact that WvW’ers need to do PvE for legendaries is not unfair.
Especially since we already know that sPvP will eventually have their own, completely separate (and PvP only) way of obtaining those.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

While we’re at it let’s force the wvw’ers to get rank 20 in spvp to get their gift of battle. It’s only fair.

Or maybe we should force WvWers to run the same dungeon repeatedly to get one of the gifts they need…

Oh wait…

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Especially since we already know that sPvP will eventually have their own, completely separate (and PvP only) way of obtaining those.

I’m not sure why people keep bringing up spvp as it is completely separate from wvw and pve so is not at all relevant to the debate.

Whether people like it or not though, wvw and pve are tied together one way or another and the process of crafting a legendary requires the player to experience aspects from both sides of that merged content.

So people either need to get over and get on with it, or give up on a legendary outside of buying one. Such is life.

I honestly can’t believe people are moaning about this.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

WvW and Legendaries always goes hand to hand since the big bang. This will require people to participate more in wvw to get their shiny legendary, which is a good thing for Anet to do.

Actually all it does is create 3 classes of players. Those who have to do WvW to get their legendary, those who already have one, and those with enough gold to purchase one off of the TP.

If they are going to make this requirement, then it should be a requirement to even equip one. Not rank 30? have a legendary already? so sorry, it has to sit in storage until you get that rank up. The only fair thing to do.

after reading this i’m compelled to believe you’re trolling.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

In my opinion, this would actually be a perfect example of a ‘grind’.

I am well over level 30, so I am not affected by this change. Thus my argument is purely for the sake of new players, and to eliminate a change that really adds no value to the game.

Asking players, who may not enjoy WvW, to earn enough Badges of Honor was already seen as a ‘grind’ for such players and was offset by including Badges of Honor as a part of the Achievement Chest Rewards.

Having ‘solved’ this problem, you have now chosen to make WvW once again compulsory in the process of crafting a legendary, which not to mention has not been the case for all those who have recently crafted them, and thus is rather unfair.

I understand that you are trying to urge more players to move to WvW, as this is where players are able to create more interest in the game rather than the developers having to come up with content at a ridiculous pace, and I am not complaining about that, it is one solution.

However, there are plenty of others, such as not completely throwing away dungeons after their patch, and perhaps involving them in a different aspect of the game, as you have done with the new Fractals.

Again, I do not wish to offend anybody, and do not want to create any arguments, I am purely stating my observations of what could be a rather depressing, non-value adding burden to be placed on new players wishing to create their first legendary, which as well already know is a process that has been made much longer given the comparative lack of Karma that we are now able to obtain.

Kind regards,

Edward

For all of the PVE crap that primary WvW players have to go through to get a legendary or ascended armor, I don’t think that WvW rank 30 is too much to ask of PVErs.

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

Where was this “enhancement” first addressed by Anet?

Edit: Found it in the bottom of the WvW release notes:
“Added a requirement to attain rank 30 in WvW in order to purchase the Gift of Battle.”

Serves me right for not buying mine when I had the chance. Guess this just breaks my back on top of all the other decisions flying around in Seattle these days.

(edited by pswendel.8179)

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I’m surprised so many people aren’t even rank 30 in WvW after all this time.

But on which server are you to find 30 ranks to be game breaking ?

Posted by: GuNNeR.9475

GuNNeR.9475

I was just 20 shards away from making my first legendary weapon. I don;t want and never wanted to play www. I play gw since the begining, 8 and a half years ago. Today i quit. Forever. Thanks arenanet, you’re the best. I’ll make sure every one on every single forum in this internet knows what you just did to us.

I feel your pain bro, I’m only 3 wvw vistas away from making my first one, was definitely going to happen this weekend, have been in such a good mood cause it was finally going to happen after over 500 days of playing, I grinded everything. I read this, this morning and my heart sunk. I could rage, say I’m going to quit but would achieve nothing, I am at the lowest point in this game I have ever been. Really sad right now, donno what to do, map completing in wvw was painful enough.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Arenanet wants you to play all aspects of their game and they make one very special and very hard to get weapon require things from both PvE and WvW. I could see valid complaints if the 2 were balanced now, but they are not. The balance of whats required in WvW VS PvE is downright stupid as it is now. Its 95% PvE and 5% WvW. And you can buy the rank needed with laurels. People are seriously going emo and ragequitting over this?
There should be lots more added yet from WvW for a Legendary weapon as the balance is way off. This is a path towards balancing the game aspects more and I hope they take more steps in this direction.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Legendaries are a WvW weapon. WvW participation should be required.

Legendaries are a PvE weapon. PvE should be the only requirement.

Legendaries are weapons for those areas where they can be used. That means both PvE and WvW at this time. There is talk about adding sPvP, but unsure as to how it will work.

Oh I know, I was just picking on the “Legendaries are a WvW weapon” he pulled off his rear.

Funny. When it was a preemptive argument on comments like yours.

But apparently it went over your head.

Posted by: GuNNeR.9475

GuNNeR.9475

Arenanet wants you to play all aspects of their game and they make one very special and very hard to get weapon require things from both PvE and WvW. I could see valid complaints if the 2 were balanced now, but they are not. The balance of whats required in WvW VS PvE is downright stupid as it is now. Its 95% PvE and 5% WvW. And you can buy the rank needed with laurels. People are seriously going emo and ragequitting over this?
There should be lots more added yet from WvW for a Legendary weapon as the balance is way off. This is a path towards balancing the game aspects more and I hope they take more steps in this direction.

If those were the requirements right from the start, I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but you have to be able see peoples frustration when they are so so so close and then to have the goal posts moved, I think at the very least some people have the right to feel disheartened.

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

I just want to point out to those who say it’s not fair to “grind” in WvW to get what you need to make those Legendary weapons – WvW players have to “grind” a hell of alot more in PvE, than PvE players do in WvW to get the same thing.

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

I just want to point out to those who say it’s not fair to “grind” in WvW to get what you need to make those Legendary weapons – WvW players have to “grind” a hell of alot more in PvE, than PvE players do in WvW to get the same thing.

I’m not upset at the idea, just the flip flop anet does with all these things. Pushing the carrot.

Brit.9726

I’m not upset at the idea, just the flip flop anet does with all these things. Pushing the carrot.

Yeah, I can understand that.

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Desolation EU

Posted by: Canguro.5768

Canguro.5768

legendary weapons on the beginning were badly implemented, everyone has one (even I have one and I almost never farm nor play tp and most of the time I sit at less than 100g), from my point of view if you want a legendary weapon you should master all aspects of the game, I would even include a pvp rank restriction along wvw restrictions that would show that you at least know about that game mode and earned something there.

Maguuma

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Saturn, it’s written in the patch notes.

Oh, indeed. But I also found out why I didn’t know about it. I did read the whole patchnotes when they were posted, but it wasn’t there yet then. The notes were edited 24 hours ago, which is most likely when that part was added.

I have a question on my own. From reading the forum, I seem to understand that the WXP has been made account-bound. I haven’t read anything in the patch-notes about it. So is this the case?

They wanted to introduce that together with EotM, but they decided to postpone it a bit, since there are still some problems to be solved to get it working correctly.

That being said; I’ve read here that apparently you can buy WvW-ranks with laurels now. I didn’t know that either. Was that announced at some point? Maybe ninja-added to patchnotes like the change with the rank-requirement? Or are you supposed to check the vendor on a regular basis for the case he’s selling something new?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Just go to the Edge of the Mists and join a zerg. You’ll get lots of badges and several ranks in no time.

The use all badges but 500 to buy WXP potions. You’ll get a level for each one you buy. I buy them when it’s a spender daily, and use them when it’s a ranker daily.

Before I could notice, I had at least rank 5 on each character, and some with 100 and 30. And I only do WvW for the monthly kills.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Brit.9726

That being said; I’ve read here that apparently you can buy WvW-ranks with laurels now. I didn’t know that either. Was that announced at some point? Maybe ninja-added to patchnotes like the change with the rank-requirement? Or are you supposed to check the vendor on a regular basis for the case he’s selling something new?

That’s been there since they added Liquid WXP. Go to a Laurel vendor in the Borderlands, and go to the tab that sells a ‘Taste of Liquid World Experience’ for 2 Laurels and 50 Badges. One ‘Taste’ gives 5k WXP = 1 rank.

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Desolation EU

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

That’s been there since they added Liquid WXP. Go to a Laurel vendor in the Borderlands, and go to the tab that sells a ‘Taste of Liquid World Experience’ for 2 Laurels and 50 Badges. One ‘Taste’ gives 5k WXP = 1 rank.

Oh okay. Didn’t know that. Not like I’d buy WXP like that, though. Ty.

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

That was added in last year, before october. Not sure exactly when but it has been a little while now.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

This seems overkill on top of the map completion and badges. I suppose I could conceed them wanting a bit of a rank, but 30 seems too high.

ANet and Colin need to start coming to grips with the fact that no, not all their players are in love with PvP.

I agree. I freaking hate PvP, i never do it, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I even hate more being forced into a content I don’t like, for the sake of owning a shiny PvE weapon. I had to transfer twice on the servers and waste a kittenton of gold because my server could never capture the points I needed for 2 months. If I ever want another legendary I just better start saving 1000g and buy it off TP at this point.

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Dude you barely need to do wvwvw for 30 (at 33) as a matter of fact i dont think i ever took a keep/object in wvwvw since release month (100% world exploration).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

This seems overkill on top of the map completion and badges. I suppose I could conceed them wanting a bit of a rank, but 30 seems too high.

ANet and Colin need to start coming to grips with the fact that no, not all their players are in love with PvP.

I agree. I freaking hate PvP, i never do it, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I even hate more being forced into a content I don’t like, for the sake of owning a shiny PvE weapon. If I ever want another legendary I just better start saving 1000g and buy it off TP at this point.

The thing is. It’s not a “PvE weapon”. If it was a “PvE weapon”. You would not be able to use it in WvW.