Rares. Lots of them.

Rares. Lots of them.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kalowg.7659

Kalowg.7659

I think the change to the chests is fine but I do have some issues.

1. I’ve seen lots of comments about how folks are happy about the Penn / Shelter nerfs because it didn’t take any effort. I can tell you from having done dragons and Penn / Shelter farming it took me much more effort to farm. The dragons require little to no effort or coordination at all. It’s very boring.

2. I keep hearing about ANET wanting us to travel around the world. I have no problem with that and would like to do so jumping from location to location frequently. The problem? The cost. Yeah 3s is not much but after a couple of way points it gets expensive. Their talking out of both sides of their mouths on this. Either they want us to explore the world or they don’t. If you want us to do this stop penalizing those who do.

3. They need to limit the chests to once per account per day. I’m sorry but those who are altaholocis shouldn’t be able to see greater gain than someone who has invested as equal time into the game, but on one character.

I’m still getting a feel for what this whole patch has to offer but my play habits over the past couple days haven’t been that exciting. I use to farm Penn /’ Shelter with quite a regular group I enjoyed grouping with and conversing with, but with Penn / Shelter nerfed into oblivion I now just log on, kill a dragon, and log off. I don’t see myself doing that for long. It’s just not fun. It’s a problem.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Agreed about making it only once PER ACCOUNT rather than per char.

Also fractals of the mist chest could use some improvements now, considering most of the bosses take more time and are waay harder than the actual dragons.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

The same can be said the other way around, people who stick their heads only into one character should have less advantages than someone who has put their effort in leveling and learning the mechanics for several.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Im wandering how many people who have joined gw2 actually played gw1, rares are ok its finding or making skins people want and and making them rares hard to get.

Rares shouldnt be super rare btw and some rares should be available more than others.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

once anet umderstands that farming isnt a viable solution for endgame, itll improve.

i kind of have fate, as laurels, ascended and guild merits are smarter than all they did before.

Rares. Lots of them.

why smarter?

because they cant be camped farm.

they come from dailies, fractals and guild missions.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

From being one of the people who would never receive rares outside of Fractals and the general ignorance of the people in those threads that contained the ever-so-popular “Oh, it’s not happening to ME, so it must not exist.” mentality —- I’m not too surprised to see this thread.

Just gonna shake my head in disgrace and enjoy my first rares in months until you guys get it nerfed. At that time, I quit. Enjoy your mindless grind.

Seriously. for the first time I have the money to BUY BAGS… more shocking I have a reason to have them, because I can actually FILL them for once.

I just don’t understand you, OP… There are games that would satisfy your hardcore no-reward mentality, why don’t you try them?

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

All my casual guildies who play 1-2 hours a day love this change. It’s only fair that casual player can get the minimum amount of daily farm. Stop whining about this, if you are so hardcore go do guild missions or 30+ FotM. Just leave my guildies alone ! We are already bleeding enough casuals as it is.

We all know you can get way more by farming CoF p1 and Fractals and whatever else.
On the other hand I do agree chests should be 1 per account.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Well, after this update I finally have a reason to leave Orr and visit other areas…

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

3. They need to limit the chests to once per account per day. I’m sorry but those who are altaholocis shouldn’t be able to see greater gain than someone who has invested as equal time into the game, but on one character.

It takes more gold to properly kit multiple characters than it would to do just one.
So time spent may be equal but gold required most certainly, is not.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

1 dungeon run has always net you two rares on top of the monetary rewards. It’s still way more efficient especially with dungeons like CoF that you can farm all day. Even with DR you can still buy a ton of rares for ectos.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

1 dungeon run has always net you two rares on top of the monetary rewards. It’s still way more efficient especially with dungeons like CoF that you can farm all day. Even with DR you can still buy a ton of rares for ectos.

I was under the impression that a rare had to be of a certain level before it had a chance to drop an ecto.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

I think it’s 68 before you start seeing ectos in rares.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Proves that people can complain about anything. Not enough rares not too much rares

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Totally disagree. I like that the events are actually worth it to go to (though to be honest I used to go to many of them before the patch anyway). Now certain events like the temple events actually get done. Before the patch no one bothered because the rewards sucked. Now people actually go and open the temples in Orr.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I will try and step out of the discussion, as I think I’ve said what I can on the first page, and otherwise I’ll start repeating myself, but i’ll repeat myself on a few points, since they keep coming up:

- If you constantly get bad loot across the game while others get loot just fine, it is not argument to increase loot. It is a reason to rework RNG, so everyone has the same chance of getting rare loot.

- Getting 30 rares a day is not even remotely impossible, and to these who are unaware: Chests drop at least 1 rare. Chests are lootable once a day per boss per character.

- That a casual player cannot progress as much as people who are dedicated to farm as much income as possible should not be a argument for more rares so “everyone get something”; Nothing pre-patch hindered casuals from running a dungeon once a day and the best stat gear in a few weeks. And again, if they recieved no rares for any of these runs, ArenaNet should take a look at RNG – Not free 5-minute-rares. In another view it doesn’t even help casuals for income. If farmers can get the 30 rares a day (This is set low, but let’s go with it), while a casual can get 5 rares (also set low), the value of these 5 rares will be equally less compared to farmers. That is an illusion of getting a more fair income and only works for as long as prices are still lowering. At some point the case will be the same as always; The hardcore farmers get 6 times the rares you do. I don’t see how this patch benefitted casuals.

- Just to do an example of the above: Artificial examples of income – A farmer is able to farm 5g worth in loot a day while a casual is able to earn 1g. Let’s say we patch this baby up and increase rare drops by 200%. The casual player is now earning 3g a day and feels better. The farmer however now makes 15g a day. Did this help the situation of the casual player?

Also thanks for the suggestions (Not the find another game one, but the actual suggestions)

- Tokens as Avatar mentions is a good way standardizing the amount of loot that people get. While I would prefer normal looting, it would be a solution for those who say they never loot a rare. Then you know what you get, and if no one does the events then, well then you can argue that the reward is generally too low.

- Increasing the difficulty (and length) and/or making the boss less zerg-friendly would help the events actually have meaning and require a reasonable amount of efford required to loot the rare(s).

- Making chests available once per day per account. This would actually help a lot. While I still think ~10 rares for some quick events are a lot, it would change a few things: Hardcore farmers are not able to get 5 times the rares (through that content at least) that casuals do. People will also only have reason to do the bosses once a day which helps reduce the zergfest that bosses are now, and as such also make the bosses a bit more challenging. It will not be like before though (although bosses were still taken down before as well by 20-30 people on my server, including maw, not including fire elemental and behemoth), as people still have a strong incentive to do the bosses once a day.

- And my own of course, a simple half-way revert so people maybe have a 75% chance for a rare. (Or whatever is the middle ground for what was before and what is now)

Of these I would prefer a combination of 2 and 3. I’d love to hear what you all think about the options (And of course if you wouldn’t like any of them as well)

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Balao.3016

Balao.3016

I like the new changes. Why? Well, before the changes were implemented, I don’t think I would have ever been able to complete the map in Straits of Devastation, simply because people were never there to allow for the Temple of Balthazar to be cleared. Today, there was a massive force of players there to clear it, and it was pretty awesome to take part in that.

I made some good gold off that one event, about 2.50g off one or two rares. Before the patch, I never considered that I’d even see a legendary on mycharacter, but now I can actually realize that it may happen. I’ve not saved any thing other than obsidian shards, and that’s because I can’t sell ’em.

However, with how the loot tables were fixed (they were bugged if you all remember), I very well may get a precursor. Now, I have to get into the mindset that I have got to save ectos, and T6 mats just in case I end up with a precursor that I’ll use.

Orr has always been my favorite continent in GW2, and with the changes that were made, it’s actually worthwhile to do all or most of the events down there simply because of the rewards you will get for the effort you put into it.

All in all, I approve of the changes, and the price drops. They were sorely needed, in my opinion, becuase who wants to sit around wait 2 years for something that very well may never come? I know I don’t want to do that, and before this patch hit, it was looking like a lot of players were going to be waiting a very, very, very long time for something that most likely would never have come to them.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Excellent change. Now the people with ten toons on their account can log each one at a boss spawn point as before, and log into whatever one is next in line for a boss chest, and be guaranteed at least one rare per toon per day. You can get a reward from a dragon by hitting it a couple of times without any armor and holding one weapon:-)

I gave up on dragon killing after 20 attempts as the best I would ever get was blues and greens.

If I could be bothered to log into the game any more I’d plant 5-6 toons next to boss spawn points.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Am fine with it, since they borked my usual farm.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I we were seeing lots of people farming the bosses before the patch, which we were, then obviously the loot was worthwhile or else there wouldn’t have been so many people doing it. People not showing up for bosses was never a big problem. Now people not showing up for the normal parts of the game are the problem.

This is a ridiculous increase in rewards and many people are abusing them to exploit levels.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Excellent change. Now the people with ten toons on their account can log each one at a boss spawn point as before, and log into whatever one is next in line for a boss chest, and be guaranteed at least one rare per toon per day. You can get a reward from a dragon by hitting it a couple of times without any armor and holding one weapon:-)

I gave up on dragon killing after 20 attempts as the best I would ever get was blues and greens.

If I could be bothered to log into the game any more I’d plant 5-6 toons next to boss spawn points.

and the difference with cof 1 is?
Oh well you can also “play” on the market without even traits and weapons…..and its even more profitable….

Open pve now is rewardin g almost as dungeons.

While fractals remain the least profitable activity….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

You are forgetting the fact that with several bosses you can get at least 6-10 rares per toon. With 10 characters that is 60-100 rares, although even a farmer may have trouble staying awake for all that farming

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

and the difference with cof 1 is?
Oh well you can also “play” on the market without even traits and weapons…..and its even more profitable….

Open pve now is rewardin g almost as dungeons.

While fractals remain the least profitable activity….

I am actually enjoying fractals quite a lot ever since I made ~100g in a week by exploiting the TP. Now I can enjoy the game rather than rly grind, all I need are 4 more Prestines for my alt then I’ll switch from doing lvl 20 dailies to whatever lvl with guildies, because they all love doing fractals which makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Shousa.6870

Shousa.6870

With the insane requirment of ectos for so many things I’m more then happy of rare increasment, if ectos pricie goes aroud 10-15s i would consider that is right price for that material

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

I farm to get gold and ecto’s to gradually crawl towards my months away achievement for a legendary.
I’m in no hurry and with this recent change gold is a bit harder to come by, but on the other hand the mats are dropping in price.
Same crawl, diffferent approach.
Just, please remove the white drops from Orr, they fill up my inventory way too fast

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I really do enjoy the changes to loot though I agree that it might be best if it were normalized to count the chests per account, and not per character/server, and more importantly the world bosses need to be given the dungeon treatment and actually reworked to challenge the players playing them.

I did six bosses today, and at all six bosses, for the first two I attempted to play them as I had been when we’d been seeing numbers like 5-10 people. Then I realized the extreme lag masically limited me to autoattacking with the occsional skill actually firing off.

Then I realized I was getting gold rewards for standing in one place and autoattacking.

Then I realized I was getting really good loot for standing in one place autoattacking.

And this is on a condition built pistol thief, in an event where the bleed cap never stops being full.

There’s a disconnect here, and that disconnect is that the boss events are now rewarding enough, but because they’re properly rewarding, they’ve drawn enough players to make them trivial to complete. This further enticed people to game the system by using multiple characters, guesting, and a host of other tricks to speed up their boss kills per hour and pull in more loot than is reasonable.

The chests themselves are fine, but the events, or zones, or something needs to be adjusted to prevent these massive and visually impressive bosses from being less challenging to the people fighting it than your garden variety champion. Furthermore, there need to be limits in place to prevent people from gaming the system as extensively as they are able to now.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

This was done in order to push in the new gear tier, called Mystic

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

More rares, at reduced prices, probably means either a wash in daily earnings, or a slight pump up. It does mean, though, that rares will be a lot more affordable when people go to buy them, which helps everyone, but really helps the more casual players who are never awash in gold.

Crafted Exotics might come down a little as well, with the reduction in ecto cost.

It sucks for speculators that had a lot of gold in the rares and ecto markets, expecting that the prices would just continue to rise and rise, but I think it’s pretty good for most of us.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

I think the drop rate of ‘rares’ should be lowered a little. If not change them to ‘commons’.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

I really do enjoy the changes to loot though I agree that it might be best if it were normalized to count the chests per account, and not per character/server, and more importantly the world bosses need to be given the dungeon treatment and actually reworked to challenge the players playing them.

I did six bosses today, and at all six bosses, for the first two I attempted to play them as I had been when we’d been seeing numbers like 5-10 people. Then I realized the extreme lag masically limited me to autoattacking with the occsional skill actually firing off.

Then I realized I was getting gold rewards for standing in one place and autoattacking.

Then I realized I was getting really good loot for standing in one place autoattacking.

And this is on a condition built pistol thief, in an event where the bleed cap never stops being full.

There’s a disconnect here, and that disconnect is that the boss events are now rewarding enough, but because they’re properly rewarding, they’ve drawn enough players to make them trivial to complete. This further enticed people to game the system by using multiple characters, guesting, and a host of other tricks to speed up their boss kills per hour and pull in more loot than is reasonable.

The chests themselves are fine, but the events, or zones, or something needs to be adjusted to prevent these massive and visually impressive bosses from being less challenging to the people fighting it than your garden variety champion. Furthermore, there need to be limits in place to prevent people from gaming the system as extensively as they are able to now.

Pretty much sums it up. Auto-attack for phat loots. The only world boss encounter that is even remotely challenging enough to warrant 1-2 rares from the chest is Grenth. I haven’t done every last one in the game, but the new Grenth is the only one I can think of where there is actually a real risk of getting wiped. And we saw how well that was received.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

1 chest per character per day per event. How can you cheat that system and tank an economy with that?
Pre November 15th ecto prices held steady at 13-15s and the economy was not tanking.
I have yet to see a rare drop but at least I get loot now whereas before I saw little to none.
I am sure if I farmed chest events that I could rake in some rares. But I don’t find that as fun as exploring and leveling alts. I spent some time on my lvl80 at Penn/Shelter and could only stomach doing it a couple of times per week. Others love that kind of thing. At this time Penn/Shelter has been removed as a farming location. The rares received from it are rarer than ever.
I am pretty sure those people would not want to see the situation return to pre-patch at the same time the dev’s start ramping up all the events in difficulty.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Yep, guaranteed rares from a 397 player zerg pf a world boss that lasts about 5 seconds is disgraceful. Its just free loot for auto attacking. I managed to auto attack twice before a boss died, perhaps only once. Gold medal and a chest with a level 80 rare, some greens and blues. The player zergs will just continue if this free loot lasts like this.

Nerf it please ArenaNet.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

FYI
Ectos, as well as everything else, will actually go UP overtime. Everything always does. Ectos are cheaper now because everyone’s getting them. This means all of these people are also becoming richer.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

FYI
Ectos, as well as everything else, will actually go UP overtime. Everything always does. Ectos are cheaper now because everyone’s getting them. This means all of these people are also becoming richer.

Ecto prices will stabilize after an initial drop. It’s all about demand and the fact that they just added another ecto sink in the game will assure the demand stays high. Just wait til ascended armor and weapons come out. Save your ectos now.
Still people complain about getting rares? Unless you are switching to an alt after hitting all the chest events and then watching the timers and doing it again Ad infinitum… how can this be such a huge boon to wealth?
I for one am happy we have a way to get them again. I saw 1 at best 2 drop at Penn/Shelter average of 4 runs each. And that was if I was having a lucky day. Some people saw a lot more than that pre-patch. Penn/Shelter is gone as far as a farming spot. So distributing wealth opportunities across the maps is a bad thing… how?

EDIT: furthering a thread complaining about the ability to farm events when it’s already restricted to 1 chest/event/character/day and the next thing you will see is DR on the chests to the point you get 1 chest per day period accountwide. Careful what you wish for.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

(edited by Infernia.9847)

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Arch Enemy.6928

Arch Enemy.6928

This is one of the few smart moves that Anet had made since the release of the game. Loot is exactly how it should have been from the start and meets my expectations, depending on where I get items from. I hope that things won’t change in this regard.

P.S. – And for the love of god, optimize your game for Win7 32 bit already, those crashes are really annoying and I want to play…

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Undecillion.5810

Undecillion.5810

- Just to do an example of the above: Artificial examples of income – A farmer is able to farm 5g worth in loot a day while a casual is able to earn 1g. Let’s say we patch this baby up and increase rare drops by 200%. The casual player is now earning 3g a day and feels better. The farmer however now makes 15g a day. Did this help the situation of the casual player?

You’re missing the point. It’s not about income equality. It’s about access to Ectoplasm and therefore access to Exotics and beyond. So, to answer your question. Yes, it helps the casual player have access to all exotic crafted gear. The price of crafted exotics will fall because the price of Ectos have fallen and anything else that requires Ecto is now more accessible. If the loot tables for everything else remained the same then the casual will have even more accessiblity to exotics because they will earn the same amount per hour and the price of Ectos has fallen. Also the price of rares will fall as well making that tier of gear also more accessible.

Money/Income wasn’t the point.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: bytes.1650

bytes.1650

Ectos are 32s right now. Sure, there may be more of them then there were before the patch, but now people are actually buying/getting them to build some very expensive items.

So not only has the price stabilized already, it will probably rise again in the future. These things are a key component in absolut every high-level crafting/mystic toilet recipe and will NEVER be worthless.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

Ironically I have killed 5 map bosses after the update and have yet to obtain a rare.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The loot dropping now is how it should have dropped from the start of the game.

Anet had a huge thread investigating the loot drops and eventually found a error/bug that was causing low drop rates, which many thousands of players had been telling them about.

So don’t complain about drops now they are half decent please…

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Once they ban all the guesting exploiters the prices will stabilize. I just hope they ban them soon, they are really annoying.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I just wish they would have found a way to give good rewards for going to other parts of the zone, killing other champions. Right now the very specific subset of bosses is being chain killed because of the guaranteed yellow.

Meanwhile, champion mobs all around the zones that don’t have splendid chests are beign ignored because they still drop blue/green items and take just as long or longer to kill.

Problem of course is that if you guarantee a yellow or even make it a good chance on normal champions, people will setup circuits to hit every spawn point and accumulate massive numbers of yellows in a short period of time. See the temple farming groups at X:XX time on some servers now. How long is it before the dragon timers (as valuable as they are now) start to be widely known and people flock to each spawn zone at the start time so heavily that even medium pop server flip to overflow.

It is sad, but people will always take the shortest path to victory, and massive zerg balls kill everything faster, as the scaling system only works to a point. Make something somewhre obscure profitable, and it will get camped.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I’m seeing more activity in all zones, not everyone is a minmaxer.

ecto supply has gone up but so has ecto demand.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

These events don’t deserve to give rares. You get tons of people at the event killing a mob with little to no difficulty. 30 seconds of autoattacking and you get a guaranteed rare. I showed up to Teq (right after Shadow Beh), hit him with about 5 skills and got 2 rares and and exotic while never being hit. That’s plain stupid. These events are stupidly easy and deserve nothing more than they originally gave.

Open world needed better drops, not these faceroll events.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Rares aren’t guaranteed, but the chances to get one are super high now. I think I’ve done maybe 5-6 world events since patch day and i missed out on a rare from only 1 of them.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

ANet: Everyone gets FREE Kittens!
OP: THIS IS BS, I’M ALLERGIC TO KITTENS

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

viva viva the new loot table of world champions chest!!
i’m actually happy now when claw of jormag dies and i don’t see all blu and rarely green on my loot

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Just like with the other thread that got closed today:

None of your complaints count as reasons to reduce the rare-item chance.

They’re reasons to buff the world bosses to be more difficult – More specifically, to make them anti-zerg.

Learn to see the bigger picture -> See the next step forward instead of wanting to go back

This is how I feel about this topic in a nutshell.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

LOL people complain about everything. I love this – it establishes rares as the appropriate endgame,everyone-has-it armor and makes ectos cheaper like they need to be, while keeping dropped and named exotics rare and interesting. We can only loot the awesome-sauce chests once a day, and I think this change nicely balances that out. I felt like killing the Maw shaman was actually a big deal today for the first time in a while, since it’s a rewarding, non-farmable event now. Looking forward to doing dragons with this change too, before they were awesome but also a little strange because people would farm them to try for something better than blues. Now, they’re more exciting since people don’t just hang out and do them, and we also get better loot. There’s less free-floating gold around (fewer things to vendor), and more good equipment, so inflation will probably drop too and casuals will get more for their playtime.

I’m excited by the change and it’s making me a lot happier about the thought of getting together different sets of weapons and armor for different builds since I won’t need to spend a ton of gold for each armor set.

TL;DR Loot change is good for endgame, good for economy, good for game experience. Not sure what OP’s problem is.

Rares. Lots of them.

These events don’t deserve to give rares. You get tons of people at the event killing a mob with little to no difficulty. 30 seconds of autoattacking and you get a guaranteed rare. I showed up to Teq (right after Shadow Beh), hit him with about 5 skills and got 2 rares and and exotic while never being hit. That’s plain stupid. These events are stupidly easy and deserve nothing more than they originally gave.

Open world needed better drops, not these faceroll events.

100% agree.
its total nonsense.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I think its finally a step in the right direction, we need more changes like this, thank you Anet at least this change was a good one for the economy..

Seems a lot of Trading post flippers are mad, well i believe per character is fine thanks.

(edited by Dante.1508)