Rares. Lots of them.

Rares. Lots of them.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

op was making a killing on ecto’s and invested heavily in them… no other reason for this kind of idiocy.

Irony…. xD

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

I like it! I got like 5-6 rares and an exotic (my first n-n) from maybe 2 hours of playing. This is way more entertaining than the previous drop rate.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The drop rate on the World Bosses is fine. Now they need to change the droprates on other parts as well, doing a 15 minute event shouldn’t have better loot quality than a 1-2hour event.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Oh well, here I go again to defend myself. Shouldn’t be neccessary but here goes;
No I did not “invest heavily on ecto”. At the time of the patch I was sitting on around 50 ecto. I saw what was happening and sold all my ecto. So if I were to buy the ecto back now I would actually have earned around 6-7 silver on every ecto I sold. Instead of making your arguments personal, have the courtesy to say you disagree rather than calling me an idiot, thank you very much.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Maethril.9586

Maethril.9586

You do not farm for days and not see a rare.

hoy, no offence but in normal maps you can farm days without getting even single rare. I had once 2 weeks when I didn’t even see rare while I was running in orr and frostgorge, also doing some dragons, while I played 8-10 hours day.
So honestly it was really really unrewarding.

In dungeons though I get them at least one rare in 3 runs. But I don’t count them as normal map event etc running/farming. Since they are “DUNGEONS”.
Thus I love new dragon loot system, at least something in this game rewards me for actually doing it.

Lvl 80 Warrior – Ranger – Thief – Elementalist – Mesmer – Guardian.
Switched Anet to Square E and haven’t regretted it even once.

Rares. Lots of them.

Treeline.3865

hoy, no offence but in normal maps you can farm days without getting even single rare. I had once 2 weeks when I didn’t even see rare while I was running in orr and frostgorge, also doing some dragons, while I played 8-10 hours day.

In dungeons though I get them at least one rare in 3 runs. But I don’t count them as normal map event etc running/farming. Since they are “DUNGEONS”.
Thus I love new dragon loot system, at least something in this game rewards me for actually doing it.

Non taken. I’m sorry I should have been more clear, and you are absolutely right, in normal PvE there were next to no rares, and I approve that they are actually seen in normal play now. I got 3 so far. What I count as farming is certain events or dungeons that has higher than average chance of yielding some cash-in loot. And what I despise now is that running the PvE bosses is now far superior to any other activity. So even if they buffed general PvE drops, it still won’t help people do more PvE because the bosses got buffed so much that everyone can see it is a main source of income at the moment. I definitely want you to have a rare once in a while from doing normal PvE. I just don’t want you to have 10 because you teleported to 10 waypoints and got a few hits in on a boss

On another note. I initially thought of the droprate to be near 1½ rare per boss. I’ll agree it is more like 1.2 – 1.3. After ~25-30 bosses I have still gotten a rare every time, but I do not get a second rare every other time. Maybe 1 in 4 times. I still think it is too much though.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Thuran.7624

Thuran.7624

I would agree with you, if not for the fact that this change and the influx of rares has resulted in massive improvements to the game.

Namely, the idiotic DR on loot meant that grinding in this game was always a pain, which is a problem in a game as grindy as GW2. Few other games require you to pour so much time into it, namely due to the silly ways precursors were handled, turning the entire endgame into a massive gold grind. If rares were items you hunted for upgrades, I would agree that giving out too many is a problem, but when you need rares not for the stats, but for the potential ectos, and you need 500 ectos for each legendary, in addition to all the other gold required, this change means you can focus a lot more on actually playing the game, over grinding fractals or orr over and over and over and over and over.

By all means, let the price continue to drop and burn, I feel it improves the game and allows me to focus more on playing the way i want, over running shelter for all eternity, and you actually see events which were previously dead get done now!

The core problem is that they decided to make legendaries the endgame, and they decided to make legendaries a massive gold grind, instead of having it be about playing the game. Things like obsidian shards and the skill points are fine. But when you need to pay 100g for shards and recipes, or need to buy 250 lodestones at a price of 2-3g each, things get silly, before even considering the potentially 600g precursor; in a game which is aimed towards keeping you from earning gold due to DR!!!

If they had made legendaries about skill, or about completing a certain number of achievements (gift of mastery is awesome, more of that please!), I would agree the economy would be in troubble, but as it is i WANT to see the economy crash and burn!

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

1- Fix server lag issues. A lot of players in one area at the same time causes lag no matter what they are doing, but especially if they are casting/fighting.

2- leave loot alone – some of us rarely ever see a rare since game start. And even now some people aren’t getting a rare ‘every’ time as others are reporting it’s guaranteed rare per event.

3- Fix guesting so that if there is an overflow, guests are the first to go in it.

4- Buff events that reward anything better than a splendid chest to get people out in the world even more. Lots of event chains end with giant chests but rewards are still meh so no one really does them.

5- Scale event difficulty to number of players – they did it to Penn/Shelter. Why not scale the meta events in difficulty. At least make them last a little longer (maybe not Jormag).

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Wait what? Every boss chest drops a rare? Im thinking the op has been lucky. Most of the time I just get blues and greens from boss chests, both in fractals, dungeons and open world bosses (including dragons).

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Anyone who plays for fun has always avoided the terrible Dragon events after the first time. They have always been there purely for farming.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: xWESTsidex.4980

xWESTsidex.4980

It’s amazing how some people can complain about anything. Now people are complaining that there are too many people at events. Reeeeeeallllly? This is an MMO. There’s meant to be people at these things.

Lvl 80 Ranger. Lvl 80 Necro.
Officer of Warriors and Rebels [WaR]
Gate of Madness

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Dnomyar.2873

Dnomyar.2873

“On another note. I initially thought of the droprate to be near 1½ rare per boss. I’ll agree it is more like 1.2 – 1.3. After ~25-30 bosses I have still gotten a rare every time, but I do not get a second rare every other time. Maybe 1 in 4 times. I still think it is too much though.”

Speak for yourself, as some of us have said we’re still NOT getting rares. Just the usual greens and blues, and yes, that includes getting a gold achievement for the event.

I think I’m 1 from 16 so far and counting when it comes to rares so I have no idea where this supposed “guaranteed rare” refrain is coming from. Frankly it’s starting to get really annoying and frustrating hearing people like you talk about your drops as if it’s the same for everyone. It’s not a guaranteed rare, some of us used to get more rares before the update (probably 1 out of every 3 dragons in the past). I could cope with the lag etc if I DID get a rare each time, but for blues and greens…..not worth it and really really not any fun at all.

Vent over :-)

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Wait what? Every boss chest drops a rare? Im thinking the op has been lucky. Most of the time I just get blues and greens from boss chests, both in fractals, dungeons and open world bosses (including dragons).

Only some of the “World chests” have been upgraded. Not all of them, so yes . . . some of them will still be giving you “at least” a blue.

Or in my case, a green gemstone every time. (I think I’m up to 100 Sapphire Crystals.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

“Most beneficial way to generate income now: Farm all bosses on all characters. Nothing else is worth playtime in comparison.”

Actually the best way to generate income is still to farm regularly occurring events (e.g. cursed shore) or CoF since there is no guarantee of an event being up when you get there given how off the timers can be. In the time it takes to wait for an event to pop (esp the quickly done ones such as behemoth) I can farm 3x the values of the rares from a chest just from “junk” drops.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

i know i dont need to participate, but just seeing most people in the hamster wheel, farming rares and scrap to salvage on world bosses using timers (make them spawn on random timers!!) makes me really, really sad about the deepness of the game.

I would argue it’s the player/customer base that’s shallow, and the developers are just giving them what they want (demand…loudly…all day…every day). The developers certainly share some culpability, of course, for giving in to the demands in an effort to expand their player/customer base. But at the end of the day, sadly, it is what it is.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

After they removed farm spots or not having proper loot from open world..because was nerfed, removed or not working as intended…

The chests are fine, sorry if you liked to get a pile of cats from dragons or orr events…but i didnt.

I took an arrow to the knee

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

It’s great now that these events drop alot of rares, however I think dungeons should also have some kind of “guaranteed” per run drop, maybe an exotic.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

rare = ecto (more characters)

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

It’s great now that these events drop alot of rares, however I think dungeons should also have some kind of “guaranteed” per run drop, maybe an exotic.

They do…they’re called dungeon tokens.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

A question to the people with the “1 chest per account” mindset.

Are you aware that alts cost to level, cost to gear and so on? If 1 80 costs 30g to gear, 8 alts would cost 240g.

You must see how inappropriate restricting chest rewards to one per account would be.

It would also have no impact on the hardcore farmers in this game, since its a sub free game, all you need to do is browse online and physical stores, find copies of GW2 on sale and create more accounts.

Also as I said in another thread on this subject, restricting it to once per account now, would pretty much force Anet to refund the people that want to, whatever cash they spent on extra character slots above the 5th. Since those slots can have been bought just to use as farming alts.

Whats the difference between farming with alts created on slots you bought for RL money or buying gems for RL money and selling them for gold? The asnwer is, playing alts is fun and gives you something to do.

Do you want them to restrict nodes to once per day per account too? Yeah that’d keep many players…

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

I like it the way it is now. I can finish a play session and feel like I actually DID something because I am sitting on 5-6 ectos, maybe I got an exotic that I was able to sell for a decent amount of cash. Suddenly I feel like I can invest a little money into an alt without feeling like I am taking away progression from my main.

As for the problem with chest events… I feel like all Anet needs to do is either, make them account bound per a toon, so you can’t guest and get another chest OR just not be able to loot the chest if you are guesting. They did it with WvWvW.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I think ANet did the right thing with DE boss loot – however the negative side effect is the mass lag which may be partially due to guesting.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

do you really need to jump to another server to do events? i barely manage to jump from behemot to shatterer in my server, there are so many events occurring that sometimes i get back to LA just to rebreathe

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

After all that time with next to nothing to show for it; I am so glad they fixed the loot. I am beginning to feel rewarded.
For people complaining about ectos and the TP, it will stabilize.
The devs are adding ecto sinks with every patch.

Amen! To get an idea as to just how many people really appreciate the recent loot chest increase, just look at the crowded areas now! For me, this was the best update since the onetime Karka event. I don’t mind my permanent DR so much now, I can at least get some rares, which I salvage for ecto, so that my characters can get decent armor until I can afford Exotics on them! I am happy!

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I love that they’ve increased the loot drops…but I will mitigate that by saying I think they should do 2 things…

1. Create a category of weapons that fall between Exotics and Legendaries. Make the drop rate very small, and sprinkle them through the world loot table. What happened to Final Rest is sad. It was so rare that it never dropped (and I mean NEVER, across all the servers since launch!) but, after the patch, I think I see one drop with every spawn. It would be better to have a truly RARE weapon, account bound, that cannot be sold, crafted, or bought.

2. Make World Bosses harder to kill. If they are supposed to scale with the number of people, having “over 9000” lvl 80s there to kill it should make it almost invulnerable rather than watching a boss go down in mere seconds. I would even be happy if there was a time period after spawning in which it truly was invulnerable in order for everyone who wants to participate to get there… say for 15-30 seconds…

So yes, I am really loving the loot increase… but not the boredom of going to kill a boss in less than 30 seconds.

Level 80 Elementalist

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Anet gave the community what they wanted. Stop complaining about getting something good. Man, can’t please anybody.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Rares. Lots of them.

Treeline.3865

Anet gave the community what they wanted. Stop complaining about getting something good. Man, can’t please anybody.

You are making so many errors in that sentence. They gave a part of community what they wanted. Now I’m representing another part of the community (no matter how small or big that part is), who never wanted to see this patch. I am very well aware that someone asked for this. Also you assume it is “good”. To be honest I could not care less whether I get 2 rares which I can sell for 20+20 silver, or I get 1 rare which I can sell for 40 silver. But I think it is plain bad to pull people to face stomp the same bosses over and over. Some of these doesn’t even have a pre-event. People come, kill the boss, move on. I don’t see how that is good, but it is subjective, as you clearly can see. And as you can see from other like minded people you are clearly pleased with the patch. But if you are all pleased, please argue your case and contribute to the discussion, or leave it to die if you have no input.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

You are making so many errors in that sentence. They gave a part of community what they wanted. Now I’m representing another part of the community (no matter how small or big that part is), who never wanted to see this patch. I am very well aware that someone asked for this. Also you assume it is “good”. To be honest I could not care less whether I get 2 rares which I can sell for 20+20 silver, or I get 1 rare which I can sell for 40 silver. But I think it is plain bad to pull people to face stomp the same bosses over and over. Some of these doesn’t even have a pre-event. People come, kill the boss, move on. I don’t see how that is good, but it is subjective, as you clearly can see. And as you can see from other like minded people you are clearly pleased with the patch. But if you are all pleased, please argue your case and contribute to the discussion, or leave it to die if you have no input.

as i imagined the real problem is that more and more people get easily the mats they need (ecto) and greedy people cannot sell gold for 40s anymore.
bless this patch, rare at 40 silver was very out of reasoning!

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Rares are no longer rare that’s the main problem with the changes they’re made. All they had to do was up the chances of better loot not guarantee at least one rare.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Rares. Lots of them.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

But if you are all pleased, please argue your case and contribute to the discussion, or leave it to die if you have no input.

I’m sorry but why should people argue their case to you? Why should we have to specifically seek your approval?

It’s a small subsection of events which have been changed now to always give at least a rare of the player’s level (without scaling). Why? Because there were consistent and valid complaints about people doing these events and not getting anything for it except blue (“Fine”) items and maybe a green Medallion or gemstone. I had that displeasure many times at Tequatl, and some of those times it wasn’t the entire server packed into one spot, it was maybe 10-20 people which meant we lost the laser and had to help each other up a couple times.

Telling me I should be happy with three blues, a Sapphire Crystal, and a Medallion of the Shaman because twelve hours earlier the event was mobbed by 100+ people isn’t fair. Telling people who put up with the fight against the Claw of Jormag being borderline grueling in length they don’t deserve rares isn’t fair.

There are people, and this is actually really true, who I met at a Shatterer fight who were trading off their rares so they could get rare heavy armor back to store for gearing up later. This isn’t just a case of “greedy players”, this case has been far from simply one thing or another.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

Sorry, but that is a lie.

You are exaggerating to make a point. Stop it.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I am going to assume that people complaining about rares dropping more often have:

1. Not had 5 months of bad drops like myself.
2. Do not recall chest runs in Guild Wars 1.

Seriously, the “market” for ecto was way overpriced. As often as the underworld was farmed in guild wars 1 for ecto, there should be a pile of them laying around someplace as large as the swamp.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

Just like with the other thread that got closed today:

None of your complaints count as reasons to reduce the rare-item chance.

They’re reasons to buff the world bosses to be more difficult – More specifically, to make them anti-zerg.

Learn to see the bigger picture -> See the next step forward instead of wanting to go back

Exactly. This is the appropriate way to take care of the problem.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I don’t know why you think it’s an exaggeration. If you consider the fact that kill credit has not been working as intended since game launch then how can you say it’s an exaggeration?
I have gone more than a couple of weeks without a rare. I only got them when grouping up with others in Orr to do a Penn/Shelter run or on the extremely rare occasion of killing some random mob while running through a low level map.
That’s not an exaggeration at all. Maybe it was because I was using a Ranger with partial condi build or a guardian with partial condi build. Who knows.
But I do know I was ecto and gold poor for a long time. I still am because I don’t farm any event, not even the dragons. I tried one yesterday and the lag was so bad I’ll wait until they fix it before going again.
Either way the change is a welcome relief.
If they only fix the lag and possibly buff other DE chains that have glorious (giant) chests at the end then people will spread around even more.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Rares. Lots of them.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Sorry, but that is a lie.

You are exaggerating to make a point. Stop it.

I’ve actually averaged one rare per dungeon run myself. That’s an average mind you, there was a time when in three runs back-to-back of Ascalonian Catacombs I got two rares.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

the drop rate is great now. it should have been like this from the beginning. the only change i’d like to see is make these boss events more challenging, and less laggy. right now the lag is so bad all i can manage to do is autoattack, and the bosses die in literally seconds.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

It is now worth doing open world stuff at 80, you want to remove that and make us all run dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over?

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

i want challenging content that will evntually lead me into pvp.

i want a light stat gear grind for my pve fix.

i dont care about the “fashion” stuff and the farming.

basically, im almost ok with gw2

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

It is now worth doing open world stuff at 80, you want to remove that and make us all run dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over?

the dailes are there for that.

and yes, put all the “farmers” in dungeons.
problem solved

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Uh no then the problem returns…

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

While i agree that the change has unbalanced the open world, as in, other events arnt really worth their time if farming is your priority. HOWEVER, it was a much needed change and definately improves my hopes for the open world in general.

Remember that this wont be the be all and end all of Anets open world development. I personally think this is a great stepping stone, and if anet can figure out something for the little and non meta events, there would be a bigger influx of players worldwide, rather than bottled into certain events and zones.

There needs to be some very random but very rewarding encounters. Bosses that arnt on a timer or follow the same path of event chaining. Something that would entice people to explore and commit to every event they see. For example say a world champion boss, that has no set spawn location that is triggered by a randomly generated checklist that needs to be completed before he spawns… like an amount of certain mobs that need killing zone-wide or a order in which certains events should be completed. I realise this sounds complicated but there are ways round it. Say if a certain event needs to succeed after another one suceeds, but due to a lack of players it doesnt, just make the system generate another item on the checklist. Simples.
Most importantly, this checklist should be hidden from the player. At the minute there are too many lists that a player feels they need to adhere to. Daily, monthlys are great, but they dont encourage open end exploring. Same as general events (waves remaining etc) not only does it kill immersion it also gives players reasons and excuses to leave the content early. Iv seen alot of folk running away from an event after they participated for 2/3 rounds or waves. When i asked someone about this they told me ‘I knew the event wasnt chained futher and i knew id get gold for doing a few waves’. That in itself is a huge huge problem.

Anet has had problems since launch with the information they divulge to the playerbase. Either it has little detail on a technical standpoint (which meant a large portion of forum starts going mental and wearing the good ole tinhats) or it has far too much detail in the path, structure, end goal and reward for content. Look at wintersday.. i didnt even feel the need to play tixx’s airship instances, just coz i knew the whole story from looking at the holiday/update page.

If the players were to feel like anything could be round the corner – aslong as they play every bit of content they see – i could certainly see the open world being as it should be, the most enticing and immersive content an MMO has ever seen.

(edited by Parlourbeatflex.5970)

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

i want challenging content that will evntually lead me into pvp.

i want a light stat gear grind for my pve fix.

i dont care about the “fashion” stuff and the farming.

basically, im almost ok with gw2

There are plenty playing PvP right from the start, where they would say struggle with the hardest PvE content, if you dropped them in to it. GW1 and GW2 are again different here. GW1 you could and many did just go straight to PvP. But at first anyway PvE was sold as leading you to PvP. To me that isn’t the case in GW2.

(edited by Horrorscope.7632)

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Dnomyar.2873

Dnomyar.2873

okay, did Jormag tonight and got the usual greens and blues meaning 1 rare from 16 bosses, then did behemoth and hit 2 rares. Maybe the drought is over!!!!!!!

Why do people say its a guaranteed rare when it’s not? Is there some developer who has actually said its guaranteed or is it an urban myth that’s taken a life of its own. And yes, clearly loot has improved, but just as clearly it’s not a guaranteed rare

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I have not done one of these events post-patch without getting a rare. On some I’ve gotten 2 rares. Rare is no longer rare. It’s disheartening going into a dungeon, looting 3 chests and a number of bosses, maybe a wipe or two if the group isn’t great, and getting nothing but blues/greens and the end tokens when everyone is outside auto-slapping for guaranteed rares and maybe exotics.

No, dungeon loot does not need to be buffed, rares need to be rare.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

Lets be honest here folks, the only ones truly complaining about the drop of rares hence the increased ecto supply are those that before this patch made a ton of money.

Look while I can apperciate how wealthy some of you are, its actually nice to have items to become affordable to you know the casual crowd…the crowd the game was marketed towards.

Rares. Lots of them.

Treeline.3865

But if you are all pleased, please argue your case and contribute to the discussion, or leave it to die if you have no input.

I’m sorry but why should people argue their case to you? Why should we have to specifically seek your approval?

A, because if you are not arguing, then you are griefing or off topic, which is not the intent of the thread and B, .. What? Why would you need that? I’m asking him to contribute to the thread, not to praise me.

On an unrelated note, 3 rares from shatterer this morning. Still have not tried not to loot a rare. Took me about 4 minutes.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

funny how 2 weeks ago people were complaining about
1. RNG
2. Not enough rare & exotic drops
3. quitting because of 1 and 2

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

They need to make level scaling harsher so that playing in a level 1-25 area at level 80 is like playing in a level 80 area.
They also need to make other open world activities just as rewarding, such as jumping puzzles and normal open world exploratory play.
If they do these things, it’ll spread the love a bit and really make sure people are spreading out around the world.

Also, the game needs something like the boss-specific green weapons from GW1. This again helps people explore.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Rares. Lots of them.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I have not gotten one rare from PvE mobs. Quarter, if not a third, is junk/nothing – constantly.

I’ve been changing zones frequently and since the new patch my drops, overall, have become much much muuuuch worse.

Seems like the good loot is concentrated at DE bosses.

ANet what the kitten? Please explain!

Am I the only one?

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Rares. Lots of them.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

A, because if you are not arguing, then you are griefing or off topic, which is not the intent of the thread and B, .. What? Why would you need that? I’m asking him to contribute to the thread, not to praise me.

I’m not arguing with you, not going to agree with you, and I think the new loot is perhaps one of the better things to do about this. There was next to no reason to do many of these events . . . except the Claw of Jormag.

Now there is a reason to. And, alas, we now see what happens when there is a reason to.