Rate the looks of the person above you!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

I would vote but I couldn’t spot the Asura in the last pic…

Here is another of my character in her guild armor.

Edit; lol The Uncle Sam pic is perfect! The picture was for a guild recruitment poster.

Attachments:

(edited by Banono.4597)

Posted by: gosferano.8614

gosferano.8614

So my stealth works as intended

P.S.:

Attachments:

l80 Asuran Thief – Universal assassin l80 Charr (?!) Necro – Deadly melee ranger
l80 Human Engineer – Expert of explosions l80 Sylvari Mesmer – Phantasmal Assassin

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

7/10. I like the look and all, but IF im not mistake you are using a OOW body and bottom which is kind of… Its very cool, but not so creative. Im not a fan of using full sets, but i like to mix things up. Also, the black and red color is kind of boring

Here is my warrior, just made some changes to him.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

8/10

I like the color and aesthetic. All armor parts form a set. Only downside is that they don’t all have the same texture and reflect the color differently :P and personally I don’t really like glowing and/or demonish/dragonish/dark themed armors but that is personal nonetheless.-

A bit old, I like my actual colors better but im work and don’t have an updated screenshot:

I had this one on the Norn forums about 6 months ago lol

Attachments:

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

^ 9.5/10. Nice armour, I love the Priory weapons and the colours really suit the armour well.

The first character I started, my little thief Leveillei.

Attachments:

(edited by GuzziHero.2467)

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

7.5/10 In my opinion she would look better if the armor/hair/flower shared the same colours (or at least have more similar tones to each other).
————————————————
Here is my thief in his WvW gear.

Attachments:

Posted by: artsed.9702

artsed.9702

Solid 8.5/10, I think. I always really like seeing characters that actually do combine a bow and quiver. I’m not really a fan of dark monochrome, but I think I see what you were going for there.

I usually don’t mix and match armor pieces, so I’d feel weird posting other toons here, but I actually did on this particular character… Elementalist, for the record.

Attachments:

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

Very Epic and Norn..9 outa 10!
I don’t like to play a norn, but they do look awe-inspiring to me. Here’s my mesmer with gaurd colors (I can’t like purple).

Attachments:

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

(edited by Flintbrow.7985)

Posted by: Levares.8150

Levares.8150

It’s so hard for me to rate asuras, but I’d go with an 8. It’s nice and simple and the vest/belt/bracer goes well with your hair.

My mesmer, using cheap dyes because I’m cheap. I almost want to see what silver dye looks like on the metallic parts, but I’m pretty happy with ancient silver (basically a light gold).

Attachments:

Posted by: Grimface.3807

Grimface.3807

Nice armor, Levares, I’d probably dye it the same way you do. 9/10 because the model itself is a little bit overused imo.
Here’s my engi.

Attachments:

Posted by: Desmond.5396

Desmond.5396

7.5 ! I like this combination for an engineer but I can’t rate it higher because I’m just not a fan of firey armor, which is not your fault xD

Here’s a pic of my nope, not a necro, it’s an ele in disguise >_>

Attachments:

Posted by: Upgrayedd.2546

Upgrayedd.2546

9/10 – minus one for it not being a necro :p otherwise solid look i think.

here’s my engi, say hello to Anthony Starkson
(side note…anyone else have slight issues with the color on the new medium armor? like white looks grayish, anything light in tone becomes muted/nowhere near the color, and anything remotely dark practically becomes black)

Attachments:

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

8/10

I like the colors and the equipment matches well each other, but I personally don’t really like the helmet, it makes you look like some weird robot pirate or something xD But overall nice engi ^^

Attachments:

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

(edited by blackysharky.7581)

Posted by: Kevlar Eater.1985

Kevlar Eater.1985

7/10

The outfit/weapon match isn’t too bad, but the colors are off-putting. The yellow stands out far too much when Twilight, as far as I know and seen, is almost entirely red/black. Getting rid of the yellow parts would make your outfit a bit more boring in others’ eyes, but color-wise it would make a bit more sense.

Attachments:

GuzziHero.2467

Hmm, I like the Krytan outfit, but I dont think it really goes with the tech look of the leggings and the eyepiece. The Krytan top also cuts off very awkwardly. Colours look simple and honest, a good thing.

She is a pretty enough girl though. That mix of clothing sadly brings her down to a 6/10.

Here is my mesmer, Spachiana (named after the Echinopsis Spachiana, a flowering cactus with hallucinogenic properties).

Attachments:

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

She looks really cool! 9/10

Here’s my thief, Hattie Bell.

Attachments:

Posted by: Fringilla Vigo.8594

Fringilla Vigo.8594

I’m positive that I’ve seen your Hattie Bell in some other thread as well :-)
My judgment on her.
What I like is that she is prime example of mix’n’match. And not too bad one. So big plus for the creativity and bold use of colors on the top of that, but…
I’m not entirely convinced that Krytan top matches that well named set pants, especially on human female model. visually it looks like her bust size is almost same as waist size (at least from the front perspective).
Personally, i think it would have looked way better on Norn female model.
I"m not a big fan of this hairstyle, but thats only my personal preference.
Overall I appreciate your effort but i wouldn’t use that setting myself, so I’ll give you honest 7/10.

Having 15 character myself I’ll start with one (first one created) here.
Here’s my necromancer – I was aiming at beautiful character with some notion of devotion to undead side of things.
Hope you like her.

Attachments:

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

7/10
Upper body could do with a little more clothing. Weapon is too large, and doesn’t match the character all that well.

Attachments:

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

GuzziHero.2467

8.5/10. Nice armour mix. Reminds me a little of the wh40k Emporer

More Primeval!

Attachments:

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I’m bad at picking numbers. Like the look, though you could maybe mix in more armor and dye variety just to contrast some. =)

Attachments:

(edited by Sil.4560)

Posted by: Jonathan.2495

Jonathan.2495

7.5/10
I like the color combination, but not a huge fan of your gauntlets.

Here is my guard, necro, and thief:

Attachments:

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Hey guys what do you think?

Attachments:

Fringilla Vigo.8594

I think you have ignored person above you. Therefore I’ll ignore your screen shot and rate Jonathan toons.

Guard – Armor isnt too bad itself and classic black and white match works here although I really don’t like face model you have used. Another thing is that most of the facial choices for human male models aren’t great to say the least. 6,5/10

Necro – a bit too monochromatic in this case and i have mixed feelings about mask that you have used. I would like to see him in real environment instead of just loading screen. Well, nothing really stands out on asuran models so i give you solid 7/10

Thief – here is good example of monochromatic akittens best – you did kind of ‘stealthy" thief. And I absolutely love this mask on charr :-) Works really well. So does armor choice – it matches character that doesn’t like to drag too much attention. 9,5/10, very good choice.

Here is my wife’s thief and… i think she’s great :-)
What you think?

Attachments:

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Hey guys what do you think?

Auto thread win.

Fringilla Vigo.8594

7/10
Upper body could do with a little more clothing.

Pretty much exactly what I had in mind creating her.

Weapon is too large, and doesn’t match the character all that well.

As far as I’m aware, most staff skins share about the same size.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Here is my wife’s thief and… i think she’s great :-)
What you think?

I have posted all my characters but I love your wife’s thief.
Her armor accentuates her tattoos really well and her face and hair choices are awesome.
She looks like Artemis,so the only downside to me is that she is a Thief not a Ranger
:)

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: TomTom.2819

TomTom.2819

Fringilla: I love the way your armor has worked out with that tattoos awesome norn theif 9/10.
This is my thief

Attachments:

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Fringilla: I love the way your armor has worked out with that tattoos awesome norn theif 9/10.
This is my thief

7/10, because of the armor dyes . everything else is nice

My engineer:

Attachments:

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

This is my thief

My engineer:

That is prolly one of the best engineer outfits ive seen 9/10

heres my ele:

Attachments:

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

This is my thief

My engineer:

heres my ele:

Enough leather belts to be in a Final Fantasy Game. 6/10.

Mine is a classic norn option. I also have a weapon to fit every mood I have. Current goal is to collect all the rifle skins in the game.

Edit: My nose clips through the mask. I hate that.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Unfortunately, the gear I want for my Necro I currently only possess in PVP, but I’m very proud of how she turned out. Also, I’m unfortunately not qutie as good as this as some of you, but let’s see what y’all think.

ALso, for above poster: I love Norn gunners.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

7/10. Simple and Sylvari, my favorite.

My Sylvari/cyborg thief.

Attachments:

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

Fringilla Vigo.8594

I have posted all my characters but I love your wife’s thief.
Her armor accentuates her tattoos really well and her face and hair choices are awesome.
She looks like Artemis,so the only downside to me is that she is a Thief not a Ranger
:)

This is my thief

Thanks for feedback guys!

Morrigan – On a side note – Your ranger is one of the best, if not best Sylvari female model I’ve ever seen. I remember doing mine and I find face model you have used ugly… Yet you’ve made really nice looking character out of that. And combination of gear /dyes / bow works fantastically well.
And funny enough, necro of mine is named… Morrigan Vigo (all of both mine and my wife’s chars use that surname :-)

Aeneasxs – I really thought that the only Sylvari matching armor is cultural one but some of you prove me that I was wrong. You are another example, i think that your choices works well. The only thing is that the lighting on your pictures isn’t great so I cant see the details, but I liked what I saw. 8/10

Another of our characters (together we have 23, plenty of post opportunities.
Since Morrigan asked for the ranger, here it is – My wife’s one.

Attachments:

Fringilla Vigo.8594

And an extra pic from the loading screen to give you better perspective.

Attachments:

Posted by: Xan Thav.5369

Xan Thav.5369

8/10
Very solid look for a Ranger, looks tough and focused.
+1 for taking away the ugly looking dead-animal shoulder from Krytan Armor, so 9/10

This is my Mesmer with her 2 Armor Sets.
I loved both so much I couldn’t decide which to buy so I said fk it and bought both Now i’m poor.

Attachments:

I kitten love kittens! :3

Posted by: Tim F.9264

Tim F.9264

I like the first look! 8/10
The second I do not like quite as much. 6/10. No real insight just opinions
Guess I’ll post my generic Guardian!
I love the way his eyes look in this helm!

edit:fixed screenshots

Attachments:

(edited by Tim F.9264)

Fringilla Vigo.8594

To be quite frank, I think that creating asura character that really stands out is extremely hard task. Unless you decide to do it in some funny/grotesque way.
You clearly have chosen the second option with this strangely looking oversized helmet that looks like huge, turned upside down pot.
And I guess that you tried to get this, dusty, “worn out armor” impression and thats the reason for monochromatic choice of dyes.
Overall it is generic guardian with a strange twist. Not my aesthetics really and I find it hard to rate asuras, but I’ll give you 8/10.

I’ll continue with my wife’s toons – here is her mesmer with brand new light armor. The goal here was to achieve “paradise bird” look that really drags attention since she is mesmer so her job is to create clones that drags attention out of her and confuse her opponent.
Enjoy!

Attachments:

Posted by: Talion.8651

Talion.8651

7/10, I like the new armour set, and the dye selection is fun, but it would get on my nerves if it was my toon :P

This is my ranger in her mostly tier 3 outfit, with tier 1 gloves, named shoulders, and invader hat. Using Midnight Ice, Celestial, and Red dyes. Donning her favourite axe, Titans’ Vengance, with her Zenith sword and Molten longbow

Attachments:

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

This is my thief

My engineer:

heres my ele:

She looks like a superhero!

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

7/10, I like the new armour set, and the dye selection is fun, but it would get on my nerves if it was my toon :P

This is my ranger in her mostly tier 3 outfit, with tier 1 gloves, named shoulders, and invader hat. Using Midnight Ice, Celestial, and Red dyes. Donning her favourite axe, Titans’ Vengance, with her Zenith sword and Molten longbow

7/10, I feel like you weapons are way to shiny for your look overall. Everything is in black, while there is a big yellow shinny thing on your hand, it feels akward. Otherwise, I really like your gear, it suits a ranger really well.

Here’s mine:

Attachments:

Posted by: MoistyLotion.8914

MoistyLotion.8914

8/10.

The glow goes insanely well with your skin and clothing set. The dyes on the shoulder piece and the bottom seem mismatched, though.

My Sylvari ranger:

Attachments:

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

8/10. Looks pretty cool. Not really anything about that look that I could see as bad.

My sylvari Thief, my new main (R.I.P. Elementalist)

Attachments:

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

8/10.

The glow goes insanely well with your skin and clothing set. The dyes on the shoulder piece and the bottom seem mismatched, though.

My Sylvari ranger:

Just as you know, my personal opinon is that this is the best one in this thread yet.

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Probably original for a thief, but I don’t really like the gownish style… colours are also an odd choice for a thief.

Here’s my necro, in two versions. The former one, with purple and abyss, and the newer one, with the cheap glowy gloves (to replace the CoF carrion ones) and all in abyss.

Attachments:

(edited by Aenesthesia.1697)

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Probably original for a thief, but I don’t really like the gownish style… colours are also an odd choice for a thief.

Here’s my necro, in two versions. The former one, with purple and abyss, and the newer one, with the cheap glowy gloves (to replace the CoF carrion ones) and all in abyss.

I always like peoples Necro designs. xD Of course its obvious it reminds me of Maleficent (that helm :x). But I really like the color scheme and combination of the Arah armor. It’s nice to see something that isn’t all black/red.

Also you are good at screenshots. xD The first one is really nice with the locust swarm. (10/10)

My typical Sylvari Elementalist. Nothing too special with the tier 3 cultural and my love of green. The new lighting in game makes the armor look really weird though (the leaves on the bottom half can look almost like cloth now O.o). But it did get rid of that weird rubber look that you get in some zones. But in general game seems super bright in some places (or I been spending too much time in Crown Pavilion lol). This screenshot is from before patch and not very artsy. Not so good at them.

Hope one day we see a good naturey staff, been with the same getup since October. lol

Attachments:

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Everything goes together – love it! 10/10

Updated my Warrior with a new chest and GS, and my Thief with a Scholar set (never got around to it until now).

Attachments:

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Axisovevil.4617

Axisovevil.4617

Warrior: 6/10. I like the color scheme! But I dont really like the idea of a heavy showing so much skin :/

Thief : 9/10. Love the outfit and the color! The camera angles really helped as well :P

Anyway, here is my still work in progress mesmer!

Attachments:

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

Hmmm Imma say 9/10

I love that you’ve used acolyte pants for the outfit and the black/white theme works really well. I don’t really like the mask so that’s only a -1. I also think the sword suits the outfit really well too.

And here’s my mesmer.

Attachments:

(edited by Arcain.9106)

Posted by: tastegw.2617

tastegw.2617

nice, 8/10 there fella

Attachments:

Posted by: Mujen.5287

Mujen.5287

8.7/10 I really like the armor blend, especially the mask!

Attachments: