Real Conversation in LA

Real Conversation in LA

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

I’m still the guy who is willing to take the 20s and 30s with me. It might be the reason why i haven’t progressed beyond level 2 fractals, but i have only been doing it for fun anyway. Uh oh on my insane repair bills though -_-

Best thing i can say for those who are low level, just make your own squad and invite whoever you want. That’s what i have to do when on my ranger, and a lot on my ele.

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

If ANET doesn’t require you to have ascended gear and upgrades to even have a shot at completing the new content, then its not progression. If ANET does that, then its content gating. ANET was supposedly against content gating.

Sounds like you need to take another look at the bit ArenaNet gave out on the Ascended gear (from Linsey, if I recall correctly). They’ve added “optional progression”. Get it, optional. If you want harder, you progress. If you want the same, you don’t progress. So yes, you’re gated off from “hard mode” because you choose to not progress.

I don’t get how anyone could be against being “gated” against going to higher difficulty places.

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

my guild take’s any one when we need another player or two for runs if other members are not interested or not online even if there lower in both level and difficulty.

just because people do the hole ""level 80 only"" isnt the falt of the game, its the falt of the player.

people will alwas do this

Except, as you level up, not being level 80 will make it to where you die all the time. More mobs that hit harder = more headache if you don’t meet the min requirement.

Can’t wait until ANET adds the next content and you’ll see “GLFM Ascended ring and back piece only” because, without it, the same thing will happen.

good thing leveling is fast and gear is easy to get than hum

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

If ANET doesn’t require you to have ascended gear and upgrades to even have a shot at completing the new content, then its not progression. If ANET does that, then its content gating. ANET was supposedly against content gating.

Sounds like you need to take another look at the bit ArenaNet gave out on the Ascended gear (from Linsey, if I recall correctly). They’ve added “optional progression”. Get it, optional. If you want harder, you progress. If you want the same, you don’t progress. So yes, you’re gated off from “hard mode” because you choose to not progress.

I don’t get how anyone could be against being “gated” against going to higher difficulty places.

You don’t get it. Future content is going to require you to have this arbitrary buff to combat agony. For it to be “progression” it has to be required for you to have a chance to even complete the new content. That’s the problem with content gating. Its not about difficulty, its about saying “you didn’t grind, too bad you can’t experience the new content we just built.”

And its not even hard. After the second run FOTM is easy mode. When you get to level 10+, it doesn’t become harder. More mobs and higher HP bosses doesn’t make them any harder. It just makes them take more time to kill.

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

The problem is they created a system encouraging people to rush as fast as possible through this optional system. You can throw the optional label on about anything, it doesn’t make it healthy for the community.

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

exactly

its unlikely that Sory mod Dungeons and Explorables will ever require things like the acended gear sloted items

how ever i can see them adding more fractals Directly to the Fractal zone in LA. makeing it its own sub game within the world of Guild wars 2

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

The problem is they created a system encouraging people to rush as fast as possible through this optional system. You can throw the optional label on about anything, it doesn’t make it healthy for the community.

How so, you may be able to “rush” but you can also go back at any time and considering you may eventually hit a wall in difficulty it may actually be beneficial to go back with people of lower level’s in order to get some easy gear to sell on the tradeing post and such

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

fotm has overnight become about as optional as the same type of activity in any given wow clone.

i think actually dungeons and pvp gear grinds are more optional in wow itself atm.

the rewards from fotm so extremely out paces absolutely everything else in the game, that you can’t consider it optional in the sense in which people keep implying it is.

because even before other activities got nerfed in ongoing patches spanning the last month, including the lost shores patch, they are no where near as rewarding as fotm is.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

fotm has overnight become about as optional as the same type of activity in any given wow clone.

i think actually dungeons and pvp gear grinds are more optional in wow itself atm.

the rewards from fotm so extremely out paces absolutely everything else in the game, that you can’t consider it optional in the sense in which people keep implying it is.

because even before other activities got nerfed in ongoing patches spanning the last month, including the lost shores patch, they are no where near as rewarding as fotm is.

there has actually been a buff to rewards through out the game. I even get batter drops through out the world

unless im in the lost shores …. which dosnt make any sence to me

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

thats such bull… i do all the content in this game and rather well might i add with the the crud gear i got

although over the last few days my gear has gooten much better do to the new drop rates and such

Real Conversation in LA

Nageth.5648

How so, you may be able to “rush” but you can also go back at any time and considering you may eventually hit a wall in difficulty it may actually be beneficial to go back with people of lower level’s in order to get some easy gear to sell on the tradeing post and such

Where is this wall? Level 10? Level 20? Level 30? Again, look at the lfg and lfm disconnect. We have people spread out over what is basically 10 different dungeons at the moment. The goal may have been to add progression without limiting ability to access new content but that hasn’t happened because the progression system does not encourage working together and compromise. The rest of the game encourages teamwork which is why playing it has been so fun. You create a system that rewards working together and you get people that are much more inclined to work together (e.g. xp for helping to rez someone). You make a system that rewards selfish behavior and you get selfish behavior (e.g. I want as much loot as possible so I want max level fractal).

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

Where is this wall? Level 10? Level 20? Level 30? Again, look at the lfg and lfm disconnect. We have people spread out over what is basically 10 different dungeons at the moment. The goal may have been to add progression without limiting ability to access new content but that hasn’t happened because the progression system does not encourage working together and compromise. The rest of the game encourages teamwork which is why playing it has been so fun. You create a system that rewards working together and you get people that are much more inclined to work together (e.g. xp for helping to rez someone). You make a system that rewards selfish behavior and you get selfish behavior (e.g. I want as much loot as possible so I want max level fractal).

than go play the rest of the game der… i have seen plenty of people doing just that

Realy thats always been my problem with othere MMO’s there has never been other otions

and as for this wall well enimies take longerand longer to kill as you get higher into the fractals

Why in the world wouldnt i want to grab a newby or two than just smash my way through the lower level fractals ((with my higher level awesome gear)) get a bunch of gear drops and sell them on the TP

(edited by UnderdogSMO.9428)

Real Conversation in LA

Nageth.5648

You do realize that for this game to continue to run there has to be a decent and engaged player base, right? You can’t be elite in the game if it shuts down due to not enough active players. But why would there be few active players? Perhaps it is because they were told by others that the new content is reserved for the worthy? That they should just go back and be happy to sit at the progression ceiling arbitrarily decided by a group of players in the game? Fractals aren’t for you. You missed the leveling up boat. The next elder dragon isn’t for you. You missed the leveling up boat. Etc… You see the problem here?

I want this game to succeed, and this newly emboldened attitude of I’ve got mine is not a good way for it to progress.

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

You do realize that for this game to continue to run there has to be a decent and engaged player base, right? You can’t be elite in the game if it shuts down due to not enough active players. But why would there be few active players? Perhaps it is because they were told by others that the new content is reserved for the worthy? That they should just go back and be happy to sit at the progression ceiling arbitrarily decided by a group of players in the game? Fractals aren’t for you. You missed the leveling up boat. The next elder dragon isn’t for you. You missed the leveling up boat. Etc… You see the problem here?

I want this game to succeed, and this newly emboldened attitude of I’ve got mine is not a good way for it to progress.

thats why the attitude toward the fractals is overwhelmingly positive … because its going to fail and make the game suffer

Real Conversation in LA

Nageth.5648

You seem to be incapable of parsing arguments correctly. You do realize that the new content (the actual events you’re doing) is not 100% linked to the progression system further balkanizing lfg? Or is that what you’re here for? Is the new content for you this forced segregation by gameplay mechanics? Well, lets hope they take out all the mechanics that encourage teamwork for your sake.

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

You seem to be incapable of parsing arguments correctly. You do realize that the new content (the actual events you’re doing) is not 100% linked to the progression system further balkanizing lfg? Or is that what you’re here for? Is the new content for you this forced segregation by gameplay mechanics? Well, lets hope they take out all the mechanics that encourage teamwork for your sake.

right because Dungeons and Zone’s that require communication ((for puzzles as well as combat)) and Good group synergy do to there High difficult really truly discourage team work…..

or do you just want there to be more dungeons players can pug into and if every one sucks or is just to low level they can than just Waypoint zurg the boss…….

Waypoint Zurging is not team work my friend

Real Conversation in LA

Nageth.5648

Sigh, is your only argument that you’re more skilled than me because I disagree with you so my argument is invalid? Seriously, if your only argument is a personal attack against me I suggest you rethink your position. I’m not saying you need to agree with me. I’m asking for a reasonable conversation regarding game mechanics and how it encourages a healthy community.

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

thats such bull… i do all the content in this game and rather well might i add with the the crud gear i got

although over the last few days my gear has gooten much better do to the new drop rates and such

funny i’ve been seeing progressively worse rewards from activities i was previously engaged in for quite some time.

my guildies are getting insanely boosted rewards from the new dungeon that far out pace above and beyond anything they ever got in the existing dungeons even after the wondrous bags were added.

there is absolutely no equality between the rewards in fotm and absolutely anything else in the game right now. the rewards from fotm are several leagues above anything that was in game previously even at the lowest gating levels.

thsi reminds me of when blizz made craftign essentially require running dungeons because the nodes and mat drops in the world were far far below those inside dungeons. except in this case it;s just so much more extreme. that and you know blizz never advertised otherwise.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

Sigh, is your only argument that you’re more skilled than me because I disagree with you so my argument is invalid? Seriously, if your only argument is a personal attack against me I suggest you rethink your position. I’m not saying you need to agree with me. I’m asking for a reasonable conversation regarding game mechanics and how it encourages a healthy community.

I never said i was more skilled than you and that’s not what i was implying if anything I’m average.

you know whats funny people always talk about how GW1 was not gated and there was same stats on gear at cap and that there were only ever 20 levels

people seem to forget that GW1 was also vary lener and it was infact gated because unlike GW2 thats gated by player levels 1-80 GW1 was gated just by the fact that you had to move along this path to get any were with actual world Levels and if you didn’t complete them than you could NOT move on to the next.

GW2 dosnt do that, insted it has Player Levels and gear, but gear is so easy to get and levels come so quickly that its not much of a gate at all

Real Conversation in LA

Nageth.5648

Ah, a strawman. When did I talk about GW1? Next you’ll say that you never directly said I said that even though that is the implication. I see that you are not in the mood to think of solutions for the current lfg problem through logical argument so have fun in the game.

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

I just can’t figure out why someone who isn’t 80 yet wants to already start dooing things he will get bored of at lvl80 because there is so little to do at 80 :/

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

Ah, a strawman. When did I talk about GW1? Next you’ll say that you never directly said I said that even though that is the implication. I see that you are not in the mood to think of solutions for the current lfg problem through logical argument so have fun in the game.

Na LFG is a problem i shouldn’t have to stand around doing nothing and asking for another player or group.

but you know i will take any one low level or not because it can all be done rather sucsefuly by any level in the game so thats not much of a problem for the fractals.

but man getting people together can be a pain for story or explorable.

in the end the problem is not the game the problem is players attatudes

BUT you cant just remove the content because people enjoy it this way it really gives people something to Push for

in a game that has no end ((the thing you strive to get to in most singal players)) there needs to be content that drives players forward

Real Conversation in LA

Nageth.5648

I just can’t figure out why someone who isn’t 80 yet wants to already start dooing things he will get bored of at lvl80 because there is so little to do at 80 :/

I believe this was specific to this weekend as it was billed as a way to encourage new players to try the game out (and many people coming from WoW think that the game is post level cap so they put in the side kicking for the weekend). Again, I don’t blame the players, anet put in this system that seems to contradict their design goals. I hope they figure out a system that creates a nice compromise (e.g. the story mode and exploration mode was actually okay outside of it originally being too grindy).

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

Might as well start early and get your levels while doing it. You are going to be there a very long time…

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Good players don’t PUG, and therefore don’t have to worry what the lamers in LA map chat say.

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: Coin Flunk.3024

Coin Flunk.3024

Hi guys, please correct me if i’m wrong, however:

The difficulty level switches weekly?
Agony resistance only kicks in after level 10
(I’m currently on level 4 and have just over 100 tokens)

Now i’m not going into the whole ‘casual player’ debate, but i’m a casual player and i guess i may get to level 10 by the end of the week, but most probably i will just repeat the lower level dungeons.

So my question is, does agony really matter for those only doing the first 9 difficulty levels? – (IMO this is good.)

Please reply.

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

He didn’t even accurately represent GW1. Having to do a few story missions to access unusual places is not the equivalent of having to grind 1000 hours for gear to survive in them.

LF2M MAX Ascended Only!

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

Fact is fractals are guild wars 2 end game its what you do with your groups and guilds. Ever other aspect of this game can be done by yourself or with a pug.

My guildys are not always online and fractals will probably only be 1 or 2 nights a week when we can all be online at the same time. Mean wile every other day i play i will be working at jumping puzzels mini dungeons and getting into pugs for explorables and story.

All to get my lagandary.

And face it there has always been a gear grinde cosmetic or not the only thing that was left for a PVEer to do was grind out there lagendary

Real Conversation in LA

Xpiher.5209

Now i’m not going into the whole ‘casual player’ debate, but i’m a casual player and i guess i may get to level 10 by the end of the week, but most probably i will just repeat the lower level dungeons.

So my question is, does agony really matter for those only doing the first 9 difficulty levels? – (IMO this is good.)

Please reply.

No it doesn’t.

exactly

its unlikely that Sory mod Dungeons and Explorables will ever require things like the acended gear sloted items

how ever i can see them adding more fractals Directly to the Fractal zone in LA. makeing it its own sub game within the world of Guild wars 2

Then it won’t be character progression. They said that future content will require agony. Expect future dungeons to require agony resistance and offer Infusion rewards.

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

He didn’t even accurately represent GW1. Having to do a few story missions to access unusual places is not the equivalent of having to grind 1000 hours for gear to survive in them.

LF2M MAX Ascended Only!

. You would have a point if you had to grind 1000 hours in GW2.

But you dont ( you can if you want to be some kinda fractal master but you dont have to)

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

The only lagit argument about gear and pve is that of a WvW player and even that wont mean much when the new gear gets added there.

Also much like thay did with this patch will thay make gear easyer to get each time new gear comes out? Paseing is important

Real Conversation in LA

Coin Flunk.3024

What do u maen #no it doesn’t? – Everyoen is sayign it resets weekly…

Real Conversation in LA

Nageth.5648

What if they found a way to make the level per player? Everything else is already per player (loot, xp, etc). So you could have one person at 10, another at 1, a few at 5 or so. The higher fractal level person would get better loot but would also be taking more damage and be susceptible to agony or whatever. The level 1 person could basically treat it like a story mode dungeon.

The main issue I see with this idea is that you could have one person at max level and everyone else at level 1. The max level guy dies constantly but who cares, you can four man at level 1. So they’d have to come up with a way around that kind of cheesing (reduced loot if you die, I don’t know).

I feel this would realign fractals with their design decisions. GW2 has always had personal progression. The problem is when it forces personal progression to require a group of a certain kind, when it encourages you to make demands of others to ensure you have fun. You don’t demand someone leave your farming area because who cares if they help you kill the mob, you all get loot. Who cares if they’re only fractal level 1, I’ll still get good loot from my higher fractal level.

Well, enough of my dreaming.

Real Conversation in LA

Xpiher.5209

What do u maen #no it doesn’t? – Everyoen is sayign it resets weekly…

Sigh, that was a rumor started by the community.

William Fairfield Says there will not be level reset

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

Please reply.

No it doesn’t.

exactly

Then it won’t be character progression. They said that future content will require agony. Expect future dungeons to require agony resistance and offer Infusion rewards.

no what i expect is for agony to only mater in fractal dungeons
Were content is made to be farmed and farmed and farmed. And is made to be for players who like that sorta thing.

Yes you may need to upgrade your gear outside of fractals but you probably wont need any agony resistance to any upcomeing story or explorable

Real Conversation in LA

Coin Flunk.3024

No need to sign, we all don’t spend hours reading everypost.

Real Conversation in LA

UnderdogSMO.9428

Basicly i see it being built the same way JP;s are. You dont need to do them to progress in the story, you dont need to do them to get the best gear (evantualy).
And in no way will not doing fractals hinder any other aspect of your game.

Real Conversation in LA

Xpiher.5209

No need to sign, we all don’t spend hours reading everypost.

I said sigh because the rumor is persisting even though the devs directly said there won’t be a reset. If you aren’t level 10-20 by next week good luck finding a group.

ANET gated this content to force people to take more time to get ascended pieces. Since, unless you are lucky, you have to be at least level 10 before getting an essence thats another 10hrs+ added to time investment. Then, since all the items require at least 24 skill points, 50 ecto, and 250 t6 matts thats more time spent getting everything. You can buy skill points for tokens from the dungeon, so that helps. But gift of ascension is 500 tokens, so thats even more time (need it to infuse the back pieces and rings after you get them)

Confirmed: level 10 daily gives you

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adelbern%27s_Royal_Signet_Ring The only reason to do lower level than you are at is for the daily dungeon to get the ring (the jade sea one)

(edited by Xpiher.5209)

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: Cerulean.5142

Cerulean.5142

In the long run…..

You guys will still be here lol!
Anet know that we love this game tooooo much.
After all the complaining they still proceed with it without a word.
Cause its free. They know you’ll come back. Again and again.
Even if you leave for a month or two or three. You will come back!

But i wonder if they know after all these, will we buy The Expansion???
That is the question!
Tbh if its subs based mmo, loads of players had already unsub when they continue with this change.

To those who think i support this. Read my previous posts carefully.
Its Sarcasm! To the fanbois. But i think its already been removed as i got a 24hr banned from forums

Whether you are being sarcastic or not, I for one will NOT be here. I have already been refunded on 1 account. I have requested a refund on my other account, should have it tomorrow. My fiancé and my other friends who joined us in this game of lies have also requested refunds.

So will we be here in 6 months, NO!

I hope enough people request refunds that Anet takes a step backwords and look into the mistakes they have made. Maybe if they make ascended gear the same stats as exotic or vice-versa, then maybe we will come back. But until they SHOW us that they will have no gear treadmill (a statement will not do) then my $140 (not counting my fiancé and friends money) is gone and wont be back.

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

“Now by the time the casuals get the exotics. it will be

“LF2m +10agony only”"

Actually., you’re wrong with this statement.

By the time they get exotics it’ll be “LF Fractals 10 agony only difficulty 12 no diff 1 newbs”

The difficulty thing is stupid too, we’re already seeing people say “difficulty 5” within 1 day of release (yes it’s reachable within 1 day, I got there with my guild – we’d have been at 8 if we could have brougth in replacement and continued instead of restarted) This will massively break up the community. Had something to do on monday/whatever day resets? Too bad, you’re boned for the week, no one will run less then max difficulty and even if you get 5-8 done in a day it’ll be +5/10 the next morning.

ANet, really, what the hell happened? This patch is FUBARED beyond belief.

Oh, too add to funny converastions in LA.

1: Got I hate that they added ascended grind to the game.
2: How is ascended a grind? I like ascended armour.
1: It’s a grind since you have to get ascended armour.
2: No it’s a grind if you don’t like something and I like getting new stats so it’s not a grind.
1: Look. It’s a grind if you’re FORCED to do it, it’s a farm if you WANT to do it. People FARM gold since it’s normally optional, people GRIND gear since they get left behind without it.
2: You must just not play many MMORPGs.

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

This doesn’t happen on my server (Ehmry Bay) but in overflow right after the event Friday I saw someone looking for a tank :/

Don’t worry, we ridiculed him.

EDIT: Fractal lvl doesn’t reset.

Real Conversation in LA

Xpiher.5209

Misread the what I quoted

(edited by Xpiher.5209)

Real Conversation in LA

GADefence.5634

“EDIT: Fractal lvl doesn’t reset.”

Fractals level was stated as resetting every week. Unless that was cut, which would be good and bad, you could eventually work up to where everyone normally stops but it’d still take a while.

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I’m fractal level 6. Yes it does. Stop spreading lies

There is no weekly reset of your progress. Your progress will remain saved on your character.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Concerned-about-weekly-fractal-reset/first#post781909

Real Conversation in LA

GADefence.5634

Again, ups and downs (but a first decent step). Now I wonder how long until they break this promise like they did no new tiers?

Real Conversation in LA

Xpiher.5209

I’m fractal level 6. Yes it does. Stop spreading lies

There is no weekly reset of your progress. Your progress will remain saved on your character.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Concerned-about-weekly-fractal-reset/first#post781909

My bad. I read it as doens’t exist. LOL I pointed that it doesn’t reset in another post myself. Sorry for the confusion.

Real Conversation in LA

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

People have the right to play however they want. within the confines created by the game. Random people playing the game are not, nor should they be, responsible for enabling anyone else to do game content. That is the province of a social network in which people have agreed to be helpful. This is best found in a guild.

Attempting to change the minds of people who want to exclude others from their dungeon runs is like kittening into the wind. You’re likely to get kitten on you, and you won’t get anywhere.