Really Devs, One against 20 in the story mode

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

How the bloody 4377 do you think one solo character with exotic armor only can defeat a boss and 20 adds? Are you kidding me. That’s the same problem I had with HOT. I solo this game. None of my friends play anymore. So I’m supposed to go into story mode with NPCs that die instantly and fight my way through and then go further in with no NPC helpers at all? Tune it down and up the rewards or most will never do the story modes at all. And where’s the dragon hunter’s bow.

I bought Path of Fire because of the open world. I doubt very much based on this that I will do the story mode at all.

And before you all criticize, I have a high level dragon hunter that does high level fractals. In fact, every one of my characters is level 80, medium to high level fractals. Solo story mode in these expansions is a pain in the kitten terrible rewards and dying every 2 minutes because you are one again 20 adds and a boss is ridiculous.

So I’m asking the devs to tune it down on the story mode content. Some of us don’t have a merry band of four/five that we can take into story mode.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

We killed 2 dragons kicked the ass of various bad guys and held our ground pretty well against a god. 1v20 seems like quite a fair match.

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

Doubt you are good t4 fractal player, capable to do t4 in full bers/vipers.
Never went down on exotic default guard. And I am just mediocre, I use healing signet in t4, lol.
I was really surprised with the fact that WP is just a bad player. Because his ass was kicked a lot in this instance.

Main question is bad player supposed to be defeated in story mode boss? My answer is yes.

Posted by: DarkMonk.4531

DarkMonk.4531

Condie Reaper, Epidemic… What enemies?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I played beta story solo as a scrapper with zerker stats and after that a reaper with carrion stats and didn’t die once. I am no Hardcore gamer either. I hope anet doesn’t make it easier. What fun are games if there are no challenges?

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

I made a ranger (just because it was the best looking charr in the character creation screen). I got a longbow and a greatsword. I neither looked at the stats of my armour nor the build. The utility skills were also quite useless (I was too lazy to change them).
I just pressed random buttons (I don’t remember the last time I used lb and gs on ranger).

I didn’t have any problems with a badly equipped character and a non existing build.

In comparison to some of the LS3 instances this was quite easy.

Posted by: JackOfAllGames.2409

JackOfAllGames.2409

It might be a bit over-tuned, but that hardly seems unusual for personal story type stuff.

If you’re open to suggestions, perhaps you could post what you’re using? Some classes, builds, and stats just don’t work as well as others for soloing.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

We killed 2 dragons kicked the ass of various bad guys and held our ground pretty well against a god. 1v20 seems like quite a fair match.

Indeed. I had no issues on my newly created DH, though I think the weapon combination you initially get (GS/Sw+F) isn’t optimal. A scepter instead of the sword would have been nice, since the boss’s ground fire AoE sometimes was at nasty positions for a pure melee setup. On the other hand, they even gave us marauder training wheels. When using a real character, I expect that stuff to be little challenge.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Where’s this? Is this the first instance you get to in the demo or what?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

You can find the dragon’s hunter bow in the different chests that your demo character have access to.

As for the difficulty……I don’t know. I used a power shatter mesmer with no condie cleanse and I never died during the story. I also barely play fractals and am still at the beginning of tier 2.

I don’t to be want to be rude so here are some advices: look at enemies skills and dodge the very obvious powerful attacks they have. Don’t mindlessly spam you skills with no consideration of cooldowns and daze/stun mobs. Believe me: having ascended won’t make much of a difference here.

Posted by: Akame.8736

Akame.8736

I thought it was quite easy, tbh… and I’m no pro player, either.

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

If you are doing high level fractals, then you should be able to complete your story missions too. But then again, you know the mechanics of fractals, but not the new story missions.

I soloed every story with multiple characters and I often find them too easy, it’s fun and fresh to get fights that are challenging for a while. Everytime when the new living story episode came up, there was always people complaining that it was too hard at some point, but I liked it. Everything shouldn’t be like someone is holding your hand.

Like Confessor’s End at the end when you fought with Caudecus before it was patched, there was a Veteran Jade Bow with him. I thought that holy ****. It was not too hard, but then I thought that maby it was too much for the fight. But still, it was soloable.

It’s pretty much learn to play issue.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Really? Those 20 adds felt like paper machee to me. I cut through them with the most standard warrior built.
If they can kill you i have only question to ask.. did you use the dodge at all, is your great optimized in any way at all?

To devs i want to ask, aren’t these supposed to be the Warforged? The mighty instruments of Balthazar to wage war?
How am i supposed to believe they could destroy an entire city of i can kill 5 in a single greatsword skin?

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Anything can be hard when you don’t use game mechanics.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

There are 20 enemies attack you at once?

I didn’t notice that .

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I did the opening story mission a few separate times, and not once did I go into downed state.

The boss herself hits like a wet noodle, and the 20~ trash mobs have little health comparatively.

The hardest encounter in that instance, in my opinion, is the one where you fight the 2 hounds the herald leaves behind. They both soak quite a bit of damage and dish a decent amount out, and it can really get you in a tight spot if you’re not on top of dodging their fire/burning.

I’m inclined to say that these fights are too easy and that the threat of failure is way too distant. Even if you do die, getting back to the fight is literally seconds away, and chances are the enemy you died to retained all the damage you dealt. Failure means nothing if you can just throw your limp body at the challenge over and over again and still come out victorious without getting better.

Let’s take GW1 missions as an example: story missions in GW1 would force you to restart the entire instance if you died; and if you did die, it was usually because you went in with a poor strategy or a poor group composition. It was your fault, and the fights felt hard and punished you for not being good enough.

GW2 doesn’t even slap your wrist, and revives you at a check point a few seconds away so you can tag the enemies again before they regain health. At the very least, dying should reset the health of the enemy you were fighting… but I know people who just want to play through the story casually wouldn’t like that…

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Dh complaining about adds lul.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I setup my hammer rev as glass as it would allow, marauders. It felt kind of easy but grief are mobs looking to be damage sponges. But dying? Lol.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

And before you all criticize, I have a high level dragon hunter that does high level fractals. In fact, every one of my characters is level 80, medium to high level fractals. Solo story mode in these expansions is a pain in the kitten terrible rewards and dying every 2 minutes because you are one again 20 adds and a boss is ridiculous.

Not sure if serious.

You are either getting carried hard in fractals, are exagerating what fractal level you are actually on or both.

The enemys are all melee meaning they can get kited inbetween attacks. The boss has a huge tell before she swings and otherwise does basically nothing.

None of the attacks are 1 shot kills. If you can’t manage to run out even if you’ve taken some hits to heal up and let some skills recharge I’m not sure what exectly you are hoping people should help you with.

Posted by: chemie banger.9624

chemie banger.9624

I’d agree the dogs as just veterans are a bit hard. With a ping over 400 it was a bit hard to dodge and i was downed as an Ele.
The rest was a bit hard but better than some of the LS2 I’m going through now.

Posted by: Mikali.9651

Mikali.9651

What a terrible QQ thread. Lies, lies and more lies. At least be honest when you are complaining, this is just ridiculous, and there can’t be discussion when the premise is a lie and is a wrong statement

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

What story bit are we talking about? The PoF demo? I created a staff ele, didn’t even use Tempest overloads or my usual utilities as I just ran straight in, and it a was cake walk! Didn’t at any stage feel like 1 vs 20, if anything the enemies felt like they went down quicker than HoT mobs and some LS3 map mobs. Even as a generally squishy ele in the provided exotics I didn’t come anywhere close to being downed, or feel remotely in trouble at any stage. You’d have to just be standing there in one spot, not moving or dodging to stand a chance of being downed.

Personally it felt like they had made the story instance a fair bit easier than HoT & LS3 story episodes.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Never mind, should have figured you’d all spread that Git Gud crap. A solo player can’t kill a dragon even in exotic armor with pitiful weapons. I’ve tried a warrior, a guardian, a necromancer and all couldn’t get through the second part of story mode with I counted 10 after me and the boss and something shooting fireballs.

Plus I was talking to the devs, not you.

Hilarious, a veteran player that got killed in that scenario with a necromancer. You are obviously lying to the teeth.

So far you have insulted OP twice for posting a problem he/she has with an encounter.

Don’t you think it would be more constructive to analyse the problem and come up with a good advise instead of “git gud” and flat out calling liar?

People that also struggle with content like that could also benefit from that, because im sure there are a lot more.

We weren’t all born with ‘mad skillz’ and some of us even have IRL nasties holding them back.

Maybe a tad more empathy? …. please?

You are correct.
Though it’s wierd as OP says he/she is a high level fractals player. Something seems fishy to me.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

People that also struggle with content like that could also benefit from that, because im sure there are a lot more.

Tbh, “get gud” is a really good advice. Story missions do not require any mad skills. At most they require to know the basic mechanics of the game. Learning these will benefit everyone who struggles, saving them from great many future struggles.

Posted by: Twyn.7320

Twyn.7320

I played this encounter, without dying, on a Core Thief, with a sword/pistol set-up. It’s not optimal or ideal in any way, in full exotic gear with mis-matched stats. This is really just a case of how good you can be with situational awareness. It’s not a difficult fight at all, and it really sets the tone of the expansion.

This feels more like an attempt to nerf the encounter to make it even easier than it already is, and while I’d normally show empathy, the ‘difficulty’ of the expansion’s content so far is perfect, in both instances and in the open world.

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

I can’t even fathom why you would be struggling. I’ve been through the instance twice on thief and not struggled once. I LET the boss land the big charged attack and it took 90 percent of a full health ball. The thing is, to get hit with that move you’d have to be asleep. I walked out of it every time before that.

My guess is you you are a stand and plant player. Don’t be a stand and plant player.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Sounds like fundamental L2P issues to me.
Learn to dodge. learn to reposition. Learn not to aggro everything up like you’re doing tank ‘n’ spank.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I agree with the terrible rewards part of the OP’s post.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I opened up the boxes, got a ranged weapon for my second weapon set and used the food given to us. No problem. Whenever I got low on health I dodged out and switched to range. The non boss mobs died easy. It was only the boss that gave some trouble.

If you didn’t get a ranged weapon or food from the boxes given to you, do that next time. Makes a difference.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I went in with the given set up, didn’t bother to change a thing about the build, the necro. It’s a terrible build, but I made it through without dying. It was a very tedious story and having to put out all the fires just dragged it along.

At least there wasn’t quite so much NPC talking this time, so that’s a plus.

Fights felt OK, as long as you tackle one group at a time.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: SunTzu.4513

SunTzu.4513

I create a ele as first char just for fun, never played one. Enemys get molten away just by using the standart build i got in the beginning. With Dragonhunter and Necro it were faceroll easy.
My advice to u is try to dogde. The pattern of the enemys are pretty easy to get. As DH i use scepter/focus and GS. Camp on scepter, build up some migth. Use the 5 skill of focus. Swap to GS use 3 to close range. Get down traps, use also retread as extra aegis. F1 for full groupblind. Lay down field, whirl and enjoy your burst while trash and boss are getting whiped out. If something is still alive use aa or swap back to scepter get out of infigth range an reprat the whole thing. U can use F2 as escapeskill if you are in trouble.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

No encounter has 20 adds. Please dont exaggerate in order to bolster your point. Every boss more or less has the M3 mechanic where you are rewarded if you are quick to press it, and then the encounter get easier. Every classbuild are not able to defeat the bosses, you need to change it around based on the encounter. I do agree that these fights do require you as a player to understand whats happening in the fight and know your class well, but personall I enjoy that. You could always do them in group though yes?

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Tere.4759

There are a bunch of a**es in this game for sure. I came back to see if I wanted to play it again after my friends left because they found it boring. With this reception, I’m not surprised that they won’t come back.

For those who are nice and are wondering, I made it through with a mesmer.

Tere.4759

No encounter has 20 adds. Please dont exaggerate in order to bolster your point. Every boss more or less has the M3 mechanic where you are rewarded if you are quick to press it, and then the encounter get easier. Every classbuild are not able to defeat the bosses, you need to change it around based on the encounter. I do agree that these fights do require you as a player to understand whats happening in the fight and know your class well, but personall I enjoy that. You could always do them in group though yes?

I counted 10 adds, do I have to be completely accurate for you to understand my point. And after the reponse this has gotten, there is no way in hell that I will ever group with anyone in this game. I’ve played SWTOR, and I have to say most of the responses here are worse than there. And for the jack**s who called me a liar, I’ve got words for you but I’ll not say them here and get banned from a game that I just paid a lot for.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Never mind, should have figured you’d all spread that Git Gud crap. A solo player can’t kill a dragon even in exotic armor with pitiful weapons. I’ve tried a warrior, a guardian, a necromancer and all couldn’t get through the second part of story mode with I counted 10 after me and the boss and something shooting fireballs.

Hilarious, a veteran player that got killed in that scenario with a necromancer. You are obviously lying to the teeth.

So far you have insulted OP twice for posting a problem he/she has with an encounter.

Don’t you think it would be more constructive to analyse the problem and come up with a good advise instead of “git gud” and flat out calling liar?

We weren’t all born with ‘mad skillz’ and some of us even have IRL nasties holding them back.

I have empathy, look at my responses on the thread that discuss about motion sickness.
Why should anyone have empathy towards someone who was obviously lying to the teeth of being veteran in the game?
If he were to come out and asked for help on how to defeat it with whatever profession. I would gladly give a proper advice.
The guy is literally asking for a nerf from devs on a non issue encounter while lying to his teeth about being fractal vet. This is exactly the kind of people who deserves “GIT GUD” answer.

Nobody deserves your venom and i’m sure you are just as unable to see through a few lines of typed words as anyone else.

Also no dev is gonna change a game because one person has a problem that needs solving. Get a grip.

And i’m not going to another thread to witness a sample of your good intentions on an entirely different matter. This is about the vitriol you spilled in this thread.

My response is to your unconstructive and insulting behavior and my request is that you discuss with OP and see if your obvious knowhow can maybe solve his problem.

In a friendly manner and perhaps in a way that could even benefit the rest of us.

Or is that too much to ask? We are all playing/loving the same game here… right?

Let’s face it. It’s not even worthy of your time to discuss it with OP. Instead, you shined upon me with your blinding white knight self-righteousness. Get a grip yourself.

I’m just as curious to get some good tips as OP is. I came out the other end by the skin of my teeth myself and would love to repeat with more inside tips from some more experienced players.

Isn’t that what a forum is for after all?

Lets face it, by now you could have typed quite the essay on how to ace this thing and you could have earned some respect from at least two people.

Shame…. :/

I actually kind of expanded upon my “Git GuD” inital comment on the next post after that, which can be summed up to “Kite” like many others literally said in this thread.

What have you done so far in this thread? with the exception of white knighting and not saying anything towards OP problem. Hypocrisy is strong in you.

“Git GuD” might have been venomous but they way OP asked for help was extremely rude and crude. OP was first and foremost blaming the Devs, read the title and the 1st post, if you could be bothered.

(edited by Pino.5209)

SunTzu.4513

I forgot in my last post:

u also can change your GS/Scepter into Sword/Shield for some encounters this has been a good replacement for me, in case of mobility and additional blinds.

If u want to write down here what is killing u all the time we may can give better advices to you.
An other strategy could be to take a look what is killing u and replace traits or skills to get over it

Posted by: Abakk.9176

Abakk.9176

I have empathy, look at my responses on the thread that discuss about motion sickness.
Why should anyone have empathy towards someone who was obviously lying to the teeth of being veteran in the game?
If he were to come out and asked for help on how to defeat it with whatever profession. I would gladly give a proper advice.
The guy is literally asking for a nerf from devs on a non issue encounter while lying to his teeth about being fractal vet. This is exactly the kind of people who deserves “GIT GUD” answer.

Nobody deserves your venom and i’m sure you are just as unable to see through a few lines of typed words as anyone else.

Also no dev is gonna change a game because one person has a problem that needs solving. Get a grip.

And i’m not going to another thread to witness a sample of your good intentions on an entirely different matter. This is about the vitriol you spilled in this thread.

My response is to your unconstructive and insulting behavior and my request is that you discuss with OP and see if your obvious knowhow can maybe solve his problem.

In a friendly manner and perhaps in a way that could even benefit the rest of us.

Or is that too much to ask? We are all playing/loving the same game here… right?

Let’s face it. It’s not even worthy of your time to discuss it with OP. Instead, you shined upon me with your blinding white knight self-righteousness. Get a grip yourself.

I’m just as curious to get some good tips as OP is. I came out the other end by the skin of my teeth myself and would love to repeat with more inside tips from some more experienced players.

Isn’t that what a forum is for after all?

Lets face it, by now you could have typed quite the essay on how to ace this thing and you could have earned some respect from at least two people.

Shame…. :/

I actually kind of expanded upon my “Git GuD” inital comment on the next post after that. Which can be summed up to “Kite” like many others literally said in this thread.

What have you done so far in this thread? with the exception of white knighting and not saying anything towards OP problem. Hypocrisy is strong in you.

“Git GuD” might have been venomous but they way OP asked for help was extremely rude and crude. OP was first and foremost blaming the Devs, read the title and the 1st post, if you could be bothered.

What have you done so far in this thread? with the exception of white knighting and not saying anything towards OP problem. Hypocrisy is strong in you

I’ve called you out on your behavior and after that some positive replies came in. My White knighting obviously inpired some people to write some useful replies.

It is stretching it a bit but in a way i made your useless replies usefull.

You are welcome !

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’ve soloed all of personal story, lw2, HoT, and lw3 on both a power necro (not reaper) and power Druid just fine.

Some of the encounters were challenging, but I don’t think any of them took more than two tries. I do T4 fractals and wvw daily, and the chaos and prioritization required for both prepared me for any story mission.

Posted by: Cylokin.2560

Cylokin.2560

Are people having a laugh? That was as easy instance as they come!

Pino.5209

Come now, don’t be mean. I know people that took a few tries to get through those enemies. It comes down to how well you know the game…which often comes down to how much you’ve had a chance to play. It’s not cool to belittle someone having trouble.

Belittling isn’t even remotely the problem. OP was asking for nerf from Dev while crying out for help at the same time and claiming to be a fractal vet to make a point as for the legitimacy of the request.

(edited by Pino.5209)

SunTzu.4513

Maybe here lies one of the problems. Don’t get me wrong i don’t want to insult you, but imo for solo story and stuff like this, fractalbuilds not really good and how good you’re on doing fractals says nothing about your soloabilitys. Fractalbuilds often depends on other groupmembers for buffs or balancing out build/class weaknesses. So with wich build you get stuck in the story?

All in all imo there are not enough information to deliver a helpfull advice or solution.

Posted by: JackOfAllGames.2409

JackOfAllGames.2409

Come now, don’t be mean. I know people that took a few tries to get through those enemies. It comes down to how well you know the game…which often comes down to how much you’ve had a chance to play. It’s not cool to belittle someone having trouble.

Belittling is even remotely the problem. OP was asking for nerf from Dev while crying out for help at the same time and claiming to be a fractal vet to make a point as for the legitimacy of the request.

Ohh, I missed the fractal vet part. Yeeeaaaahhhh…nevermind me then. =P

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

The people in here that are boasting about how easy the demo is and that it’s not hard enough…

….you do understand it’s a STORY mission, not a tier 4 fractal/raid, right? Last thing I want is a frustratingly annoying 1st mission that aggravates me more than just standard fare so I cann’t just enjoy and soak in the story and scene. The enemies pose a high threat to civilians which is the point. Unless you can save all those people from getting slammed, I don’t wanna hear how “easy” it was for you. You let people die!

(edited by Leo G.4501)

Posted by: kitsuneshoujo.5734

kitsuneshoujo.5734

I went in with a daredevil and had troubles (mostly because I wasn’t used to the class), went in with a dragonhunter and wiped the floor with the mobs.

Perhaps the issue with the setup isn’t the bad game design – something I have long criticised Anet for – but maybe you’re not doing something right?

Posted by: Abakk.9176

Abakk.9176

Oh please. It is NOT “might have been.” It WAS venomous, but that’s normal nowadays. Your post was anything BUT helpful or productive. It’s the same crap as “anything works in OPvE”. While it’s “factually” correct, it’s NOT helping the person asking for assistance. So, either post something useful (l2kite/play/gearup doesn’t count), or simply don’t post and laugh silently for how l33t you are.

Since OP was self proclaimed Fractal Vet. Kite/GiT GuD is actually literally a good answer. If OP wanted a productive answer, he or she can start by at least being honest.

I can totally ace one encounter and be completely stumped by another. It says nothing.

Nothing warrants beeing verbally abused and rediculed on the very forum that is there to discuss such things.

You keep coming up with excuses… admit you were beeing rude and be done with it.

Maybe even apologize to OP… you know its the right thing to do. I ’m sure you were taught good manners once

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

I’m honestly surprised about this thread. Played the demo story twice before reading this, first using elementalist (my main class) then using ranger (well, probably the easiest class?) and honestly thought the story to be fairly easy (too easy for veterans, but as we need to keep in mind that a lot of new players are going to start with PoF it’s an okay difficulty to introduce new stuff etc). I even replayed the story using a warrior after reading this because I thought “well, maybe it’s more difficult if you stay in melee range”, but… not really.

Anyway… let’s try and give actual advice to people who are struggling :-)

1) After entering the pyramid clear out the mobs. Don’t pull aggro of all groups at once, just clear them out step by step. Revive any dead Lionguards after clearing out all mobs and wait for the Herald of Balthazar to arrive.
2) Herald of Balthazar: As melee, try to let the lionguards pull aggro, attack Herald from behind, dodge out of aoe (big orange field, hard not to see). As ranged, well… just keep your range, put aoe on Herald and keep autoattacks up?
3) After entering the village, just ignore the Herald. Start clearing out mobs group by group, don’t pull all aggro at once, blabla… if your health drops too low, just pull away, heal up as much as possible and start clearing out mobs again.
4) Veteran Forged Warhounds: Focus on one Warhound, don’t keep switching targets, dodge aoe, don’t stand in the fire.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

How the bloody 4377 do you think one solo character with exotic armor only can defeat a boss and 20 adds? Are you kidding me. That’s the same problem I had with HOT. I solo this game. None of my friends play anymore. So I’m supposed to go into story mode with NPCs that die instantly and fight my way through and then go further in with no NPC helpers at all? Tune it down and up the rewards or most will never do the story modes at all. And where’s the dragon hunter’s bow.

I bought Path of Fire because of the open world. I doubt very much based on this that I will do the story mode at all.

So I’m asking the devs to tune it down on the story mode content. Some of us don’t have a merry band of four/five that we can take into story mode.

I have learned over the years of doing the stories to be very cautious and slow and have a ranged option. When I hit that portion of the story, I followed the boss hanging quite a bit back. I did not rush into the town. I waited for only 3-4 mobs to be separated from the others and dealt with them. Then I tried pulling one with the bow but got 3 more. That was fine. Etc.

It is unfortunate that if you are just an average player you can’t feel like a hero and go in distracting the boss and mobs from the villagers. Instead I had to let the boss and mobs kill the villagers so I could pull them in smaller groups. I guess that’s the way Anet wants you to feel in their stories.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Pino.5209

Oh please. It is NOT “might have been.” It WAS venomous, but that’s normal nowadays. Your post was anything BUT helpful or productive. It’s the same crap as “anything works in OPvE”. While it’s “factually” correct, it’s NOT helping the person asking for assistance. So, either post something useful (l2kite/play/gearup doesn’t count), or simply don’t post and laugh silently for how l33t you are.

Since OP was self proclaimed Fractal Vet. Kite/GiT GuD is actually literally a good answer. If OP wanted a productive answer, he or she can start by at least being honest.

I can totally ace one encounter and be completely stumped by another. It says nothing.

Nothing warrants beeing verbally abused and rediculed on the very forum that is there to discuss such things.

You keep coming up with excuses… admit you were beeing rude and be done with it.

Maybe even apologize to OP… you know its the right thing to do. I ’m sure you were taught good manners once

Hilarious, white knighting to the extreme. Apologize? Hell NO.

Read every words of this 1st post. He isn’t exactly seriously asking for help. The main theme is asking for NERF. The bolded part is actually rather rhetoric with a hint of sarcasm. That line is the closest to a request for help. Do yourself a favor and read for once.
Resorting to personal attack on my manners, hilarious. I was brought up to be polite to polite honest people. Unlike you who seems to be brought up to defend a whiner and liar.

(edited by Pino.5209)

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

I have seen a few people with problems in the story instance but most were just asking politely on how to do this stuff. Those people got respectful answers and even help.

But here with the OP going totally rude, exaggerating the numbers proclaiming himself as a vet etc. I really didn’t expect helpful answers and yeah. He got what I expected and deserved.

A small advice for everyone who has problems with story steps. Be polite and respectful and people will help you.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I haven’t played GW2 for 2 years by this point. I was trying the Revenant for the first time ever and I had no idea what the skills did nor how the Revenant is supposed to be played. Yet I finished the instance in a couple of minutes, granted I did die two or three times in the process.

I find it bizarre that a veteran player -according to your statement- wouldn’t be able to finish the instance despite trying out different professions. Furthermore, while the instance may have been a little bit hard, isn’t it more fun to play a game that challenges you a little bit instead of the entire game being a spam 1 faceroll?

One of the things that disappointed me the most while playing GW2 at release was the the game became too easy once you get full exotic gear. You could faceroll most of the content -world bosses aside- and exploration didn’t feel as rewarding because the mobs felt more like a bother than a challenge.

(edited by nGumball.1283)