Really need a dueling menu

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alur S.3549

Alur S.3549

My reason is I want to try my builds to my friend or anyone at anytime.
Why not in spvp? Cuz it has ranking or more like competitive win rate score (the reason why I haven’t tried one).
and both in WvW or spvp, everyone is hungry for kill, so neither one can be a good place to try for builds.
I’m still new to this game, if anyone might know if there is a way or it has been there already, pls tell me

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

-10,000,000. No to open world dueling UNLESS it has an opt-out feature that is enabled by default.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The game has never been designed for 1v1. Live with it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Buy a private PvP arena and duel till your heart’s content.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

-10,000,000. No to open world dueling UNLESS it has an opt-out feature that is enabled by default.

That’s not far enough. Open world duelers must also travel to a remote, isolated location so I never have to see them or read their map chat-bragging or trash talking. Furthermore, there has to be a sub-forum here for people to complain about how overpowered the class that just beat them is or how underpowered their own class is, with any complaints of class balance stemming from duels not posted in said sub-forum resulting in an infraction.

Posted by: Micro Hard.3601

Micro Hard.3601

Join a public PvP dueling arena, or an empty server map.

Or, join a soloq/teamq, get rewarded on top of testing and see if your build actually works in a team scenario.

Vayne.8563

Somehow I suspect the only dueling you’re see in the near future is in this thread.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Ehh man that tread is taboo here.Welcome to Gw2 but soon enough you will see the true face of this community.

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

We can ride to the duels on our mounts since all of the WPs will be gone.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

We can ride to the duels on our mounts since all of the WPs will be gone.

Perfect

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

No, because the pvp forums would become one big “Balance Dewling” festival.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Unloveableone.6082

Unloveableone.6082

No.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

no to open world dueling but if they make a duel arena id be ok with that

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The game has never been designed for 1v1. Live with it.

Wrong and right.

It has been design for all sorts of splits. Instead of just 5v5, it is also designed for 3v2, 2v2, 1v2, 1v1 because of the conquest mode.

Buy a private PvP arena and duel till your heart’s content.

If this game has a subscription fee for PvE fractals, I would agree.

That’s not far enough. Open world duelers must also travel to a remote, isolated location so I never have to see them or read their map chat-bragging or trash talking.

Then mailing and whispering should only work in a remote, isolated location so I don’t have to worry about beggars and gold spammers. I don’t want to read their incessant begging for gold. I don’t want to read that they are poor and I don’t want to be harassed when I say no to give them gold. I don’t want to be harassed by gold spammers either.

Furthermore, there has to be a sub-forum here for people to complain about how overpowered the class that just beat them is or how underpowered their own class is, with any complaints of class balance stemming from duels not posted in said sub-forum resulting in an infraction.

There is already a subforum and it is already full of complaints. Stop pretending that these don’t exist already.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

That’s not far enough. Open world duelers must also travel to a remote, isolated location so I never have to see them or read their map chat-bragging or trash talking. Furthermore, there has to be a sub-forum here for people to complain about how overpowered the class that just beat them is or how underpowered their own class is, with any complaints of class balance stemming from duels not posted in said sub-forum resulting in an infraction.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

This game is NOT balanced for dueling. It is balanced for team play. So, different professions would faceroll others in a duel. Dueling is part of the game in sPvP. Want to duel, do it there not in the PvE areas.

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Want duels? Obsidian Sanctum. Seriously, though it’s empty most of the time, once a high profile GvG is announced, people will go there early and duel to kill time before a GvG.

Rules are simple: fight ’til down (not dead) and then back off. /bow @ to initiate a duel.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

runeblade.7514

Want duels? Obsidian Sanctum. Seriously, though it’s empty most of the time, once a high profile GvG is announced, people will go there early and duel to kill time before a GvG.

Rules are simple: fight ’til down (not dead) and then back off. /bow @ to initiate a duel.

My guild loves to go to Obsidian sanctum to ruin all the duels over there.

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

My guild loves to go to Obsidian sanctum to ruin all the duels over there.

That’s just mean

Though if my guild goes there for duels we also organise ganks on trolls

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I would be slightly less against open world dueling with these conditions. ALL of these conditions.

It is a mode that is off by default.
People in mode on cannot whisper anyone not in party/guild/maybe mutual friends.
People in mode cannot use /M /T or any other wide area chat except party/guild
People in mode can be killed at any time by people not in mode with impunity
Once turned on mode cannot be turned off for at least 1 hour, would prefer 24 (or maybe only in specially defined areas, like the Determined buff you get when in your base in WvW, you can only turn it on when inside the dueling arena)
Duel harassment is a reportable offense, with possible 3 day bans for repeat offenders.

Honestly I don’t really care what other people get up to, as long as they leave me out of it. I don’t want to get PK’d, TK’d etc.
I don’t want someone following me around pestering me into fighting/taunting me for not being interested.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

-1. Game is doing just fine without it, and no-one yet has proven that even a barely passable majority have any interest in it.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I don’t want someone following me around pestering me into fighting/taunting me for not being interested.

The exact concern and reason as to why this will NEVER happen.

I would not be apposed to them turning specific small areas into “Duel Zones”. The Breach in Black Citadel comes to mind as a possibility. Or maybe some dedicated instanced arenas (similar to the arena areas in Borderlands).

Per above, as long as I don’t have to see, hear or be aware of it, duel away.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: BigEvs.6971

BigEvs.6971

-1. Game is doing just fine without it, and no-one yet has proven that even a barely passable majority have any interest in it.

Keep that “logic” out of these forums. No one can prove that the majority of players are for/against dueling without using anecdotal evidence.

Such terrible overreacting in these dueling threads.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Keep that “logic” out of these forums. No one can prove that the majority of players are for/against dueling without using anecdotal evidence.

Not sure your “logic” about what to keep out of the forums is in anyway needed either.

The overreaction is due to continual posting (over and over) of the same ideas by the same basic segment of the player base. I’d also say he is quite correct that a vast majority of player do NOT want this type of option in Open World zones and his evidence IS the vast majority of negative reactions to these types of threads (tho assuming the forum goers are representative of the overall playerbase is far from accurate). There is already 2 game modes that allow for PvP and the majority of those that are PvE only players are NOT interested in competitive 1v1 gameplay in the least.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yes please, would really like an organised duelling feature – city based arenas or open world (of course with the ability to opt out and ignore for haters).

Custom arenas are not the solution – I am certainly not willing to pay a fairly large amount of gold every so often, just for the opportunity to duel. If this is the case, players should be “taxed” in every area of the game to support the servers.
Also custom arenas have a limited amount of population and too much waiting time.

Obsidian sanctum is… ok, but kind of like the underground fight club.

Always so much hate whenever duelling is mentioned – I really don’t understand why players don’t like this feature, especially if there is the option in the menu to block/ignore all incoming duel requests.

As for rude whispers – well that feature already exists – right click, block. Simple as that.

runeblade.7514

I don’t want beggars following me around pestering me into giving them gold for not being kind.

This is why Gold needs to be removed.

Dusty Moon.4382

Yes please, would really like an organised duelling feature – city based arenas or open world (of course with the ability to opt out and ignore for haters).

Custom arenas are not the solution – I am certainly not willing to pay a fairly large amount of gold every so often, just for the opportunity to duel. If this is the case, players should be “taxed” in every area of the game to support the servers.
Also custom arenas have a limited amount of population and too much waiting time.

Always so much hate whenever duelling is mentioned – I really don’t understand why players don’t like this feature, especially if there is the option in the menu to block/ignore all incoming duel requests.

As for rude whispers – well that feature already exists – right click, block. Simple as that.

Already have ARENAS in the PvP area. Make one, invite who you want to duel – have fun.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Grabbing a Custom Arena isn’t exactly expensive if you really like to duel. Share the cost with your friend. I see comments about how PvE should cost something too, well it does, it’s not free to gear up properly, using waypoints and such adds up as well. It is however kinda free to engage in sPvP.

If you want to duel, a Custom Arena may be just the thing you want.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

runeblade.7514

Already have ARENAS in the PvP area. Make one, invite who you want to duel – have fun.

…And get griefed by random strangers.

Dusty Moon.4382

Not if you have a password on the arena. Jeez – people. It is simple enough.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

reading this made me hate some of the gw 2 comminity WHY do u have SO much against DUELING itS Fun if u have something against it DONT PLAY IT DONT DUEL let us enjoy dueling kitten

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

well, enter some Gordon Ramsay show then.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t want beggars following me around pestering me into giving them gold for not being kind.

You post this same thing in all the duel threads. Just because something is in place that gives an opportunity for people to pester others doesn’t mean they should add another way to do so.

The Burninator

runeblade.7514

Not if you have a password on the arena. Jeez – people. It is simple enough.

Not if you spend massive amount of gold on it.

runeblade.7514

You post this same thing in all the duel threads. Just because something is in place that gives an opportunity for people to pester others doesn’t mean they should add another way to do so.

So, they should remove gold then? Because being pestered = bad. If not, what should I do to the beggars that keep begging me for gold? Because this problem makes me want gold to be completely removed from the game.

Dusty Moon.4382

reading this made me hate some of the gw 2 comminity WHY do u have SO much against DUELING itS Fun if u have something against it DONT PLAY IT DONT DUEL let us enjoy dueling kitten

AS A.NET has said in the past, this game is not balanced for 1 vs. 1 and it is especially NOT balanced wihile using PvE items. The only way to balance the whole game is to have PvP – which duleing is BTW, in PvP and PvE by itself.

from GW2 WIKI

“Player versus Player
Primary article: Player versus Player Is there any type of Open World PvP?
No, there is no open world PvP of any kind, this includes dueling. If you wish to fight against a player, you must do so in custom arenas. If you wish to participate in large scale battles against other servers, then World versus World would be the closest thing to open world PvP.
What types of PvP will be available?
Currently, the game includes two types:

1. World versus World — huge, ongoing battles in the Mists between uneven groups of players of different levels.
  2. Structured PvP has two major types: tournament play, similar to guild battles in Guild Wars — this pits two evenly matched teams against each other; and pick-up play where individual players or groups can pick games to join based on available space, map and other settings.11

In addition, certain activities are also considered PvP, e.g. bar brawling and snowball fights."

This should put an end to this thread. No to dueling in PvE areas.

runeblade.7514

AS A.NET has said in the past, this game is not balanced for 1 vs. 1 and it is especially NOT balanced wihile using PvE items. The only way to balance the whole game is to have PvP – which duleing is BTW, in PvP and PvE by itself.

from GW2 WIKI

“Player versus Player
No, there is no open world PvP of any kind, this includes dueling. If you wish to fight against a player, you must do so in custom arenas. If you wish to participate in large scale battles against other servers, then World versus World would be the closest thing to open world PvP.

1. World versus World — huge, ongoing battles in the Mists between uneven groups of players of different levels.
  2. Structured PvP has two major types: tournament play, similar to guild battles in Guild Wars — this pits two evenly matched teams against each other; and pick-up play where individual players or groups can pick games to join based on available space, map and other settings.11

In addition, certain activities are also considered PvP, e.g. bar brawling and snowball fights."

For a very specific quote, you must have a link somewhere.

Dusty Moon.4382

from GW2 WIKI

“Player versus Player

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

It is in the FAQ – how hard is it to find it.

BigEvs.6971

Not sure your “logic” about what to keep out of the forums is in anyway needed either.

The overreaction is due to continual posting (over and over) of the same ideas by the same basic segment of the player base. I’d also say he is quite correct that a vast majority of player do NOT want this type of option in Open World zones and his evidence IS the vast majority of negative reactions to these types of threads (tho assuming the forum goers are representative of the overall playerbase is far from accurate). There is already 2 game modes that allow for PvP and the majority of those that are PvE only players are NOT interested in competitive 1v1 gameplay in the least.

Do you have numbers for your claims that the majority of the playerbase is against dueling? No. You don’t, and you will probably never be able to get them. You even admit that the forums are not an accurate representation for player opinions. I’m not saying the majority supports dueling, I’m just saying that it’s pointless to even bring up and highlights how quick people are to ignore any of the acceptable ways dueling could be implemented in this game. I’m not here to take away your PvE. Put me in the mists to duel, but don’t make me pay gold/rl money to do so and don’t make me coordinate server transfers to duel in the Obsidian Sanctum. That’s all I ask. I just want to test some stuff out.

runeblade.7514

from GW2 WIKI

“Player versus Player

This ancient text should stop dueling because…?

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Regarding the fee for an arena – people seem to forget that you’re not earning big money if doing 1v1 regularly, therefore the cost is significant.

And subsequently to afford it you’d have to run some pve or wvw content – which, surprise surprise, you need gear for – which costs gold for the usual full exotic at the very least, plus food…

I stand by my statement – custom arenas are NOT the solution in their current form.

Obsidian Sanctum is the best thing we have for duelling, however it’s not exactly Piccadilly Circus in rush hour… you spend a lot of time standing around waiting for the handful of players that turn up every now and then.

Teofa Tsavo.9863

from GW2 WIKI

“Player versus Player

Because, at this time, the owners of this intellectual property have said No. You all are repeatedly asking an answered question.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Dusty Moon.4382

from GW2 WIKI

“Player versus Player

Because, at this time, the owners of this intellectual property have said No. You all are repeatedly asking an answered question.

I would love mounts.. but if Anet actually came out and said NO to mounts as clearly as they have said NO to dueling I would not support those threads at all. No point. Question already answered.

They have said no mounts, also. So stop with the mounts also.

Teofa Tsavo.9863

from GW2 WIKI

“Player versus Player

I would love mounts.. but if Anet actually came out and said NO to mounts as clearly as they have said NO to dueling I would not support those threads at all. No point. Question already answered.

They have said no mounts, also. So stop with the mounts also.

Deal. If you stop as well. Oops, thought I was responding to who I quoted. The offer still holds. (I’ve never started a mount thread so no big deal to me)

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

runeblade.7514

from GW2 WIKI

“Player versus Player

They also said no to PvP power progression. They can break their promise.

Im Mudbone.1437

Better is to say the majority of those posting to these topics are against dueling, mounts, capes or whatever ludicrous new mechanic is brought up in these forums.

BigEvs.6971

from GW2 WIKI

“Player versus Player

I’m missing the part where the FAQ’s said dueling will never exist. All this said is dueling does not currently exist. So… because something does not currently exist that means it should never? Do Guild Halls fall under this category?

If anything, the “owners of this intellectual property” have already expressed an interest in implementing dueling, “Currently, dueling other players in the world has not been implemented but it has been mentioned several times as possible upcoming feature.” This is from http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP

Not saying Arenanet is currently in support of dueling, but until they say anything else (or if anyone could find a more recent statement on the implementation of dueling that’d be great) we can’t 100% tell either way.

Sorry to bump this argument further, but saying that the FAQ’s prove Arenanet has already answered “No” to the possibility of dueling is incorrect.

Im Mudbone.1437

from GW2 WIKI

“Player versus Player

LOOK, you asked for his proof, he gave it and now you attack the makers for not making a new posting saying the same thing with a current date(because nothing will change in that wiki post) that you call ancient. GEEZ, the makers themselves could come here and sa uniquvically that it’s not going to happen and you guys would still want proof. -LOL

BigEvs.6971

from GW2 WIKI

“Player versus Player

LOOK, you asked for his proof, he gave it and now you attack the makers for not making a new posting saying the same thing with a current date(because nothing will change in that wiki post) that you call ancient. GEEZ, the makers themselves could come here and sa uniquvically that it’s not going to happen and you guys would still want proof. -LOL

I understand you were joking in that last sentence but you’re wrong. The fact is, dueling has never been completely ruled out (if anyone finds an official statement that contradicts me please let me know so I can minimize my idiocy). Go check out the http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP page.

“Currently, dueling other players in the world has not been implemented but it has been mentioned several times as possible upcoming feature.”

If Arenanet said “We will never implement/have no plans to implement dueling.” I’d shut up.

Vayne.8563

Dueling will never be implemented in the open world because it annoys too many people. The response against it is too vocal. Anet has gone out of their way to make a COOPERATIVE PvE experience rather than a competitive one. All competitive things in this game are walled of in their own areas, including minigames.

The only way it will be implemented is in it’s own area, because logically, it’s the best compromise Anet can make.