Reasons you did not choose a Charr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

This strikes me as like believing Germans (yes I am in invoking godwens law) are the bad guys for ever and ever because of WW2 and no one at the time could have had a different veiw other than that of the kitten dogma.

Trying to equate Charr society to a Human one is kitten silly.
No society like it bar maybe the Spartans comes close to the kind of universal military dogmatism that define the Charr.
Your analogy is also all kinds of wrong as well. It’s not like saying “all Germans were bad”. It’s like saying “All SS were bad” and those guys, those guys were.
It would be a bit different if it weren’t for that fact that every Charr in the Legions was also a soldier and since they weren’t divided between “dogmatic barbarians” and “Soldiers doing their job” like the SS vs the majority of the Wehrmacht, your analogy fails. Hard.

You can replace that with any country or group that has ever done something horrific to another or had bad leadership and a not particularly nice culture…which is pretty much everywhere at some point in time.

Not applicable to the Charr due to how their culture works. The only ones able to escape that heritage are those that kitten’d off elsewhere away from the Legions.

Of course this is fantasy so everyone expects the “for teh evils!” race and I’m pretty sure that’s what the Charr were first intended as but it’s nice to break away for that a bit and flesh them out more. I suppose this prosecuting of an entire race rather than individuals actions and being unable to move on from past crimes is why war perpetuates itself in real life.

They’re still violent, flat, uninteresting outside of their alien society and supremacist.

[/quote]

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Posted by: SuperSpicyCurry.2415

SuperSpicyCurry.2415

Same reason I don’t have an asura, armor looks like crap on them. I love the looks and lore of the Charr but most armor is just SO ugly on them and I don’t care for their “look how spikey and kitten I am” cultural armor either. I’m pretty sure they have the best personal story writing too but can’t I can’t bear wearing warped armor all the time.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

My number one reason is…

Because after all the crap your character/Humans go through in GW1, how could I ever be happy playing as something that single-handedly decimated the Human race? Plus I had ( and still have ) an odd fascination with killing them over and over and over again. Even here in GW2.

Ask Jaw Smokeskin, Blaze Bloodbane, Ghast Ashy-poo, and ole’ Red Eye. They hated me, and I them.

Pretty much.

Lostwingman.5034

Exactly, and a human from ebonhawke that lived trough the siege would probably never be running so friendly with a charr (which I do believe is reflected in the fact that if you run as a charr in ebonhawke every few steps you get a “XXX insults and threatens you” message).

Or the Heart in lower Blazeridge where you have to mediate conflicts between Ebon guards and Legion soldiers who are supposed to be working together.
Heck, outside of PC’s, how many Legion soldiers are wandering around Kryta?

But the war between humans and charr had mostly been in a standstill at ebonhawke for hundreds of years by the time of the ghosts of ascalon novel (which is 1 year before GW2 and its end marks the beggining of the peace talks). As long as ebonhawke held, humans in krytan territories and in divinity’s reach hadn’t really been threatened by charr attacks, which was for several generations by the time GW2 started, and I’d bet they feel centaurs as a more present threat than charr would ever be.

The war was at a standstill, but it wasn’t like they didn’t still live under siege.
Also that might be the case for humans living far from Charr lands but those nearby are the ones who suffered continually against the Charr and by proximity would be the ones having to deal with whatever Human-Charr agreements are created the most.

Also, in the Destiny’s Edge novel, which happens 6 years before the events in GW2 (IIRC), Logan, Rytlock and Caithe, finding themselves in Lion’s Arch, plan on each taking an asura gate to their respective cities (the Asura Gate to Ebonhawke was built during that novel, but was destroyed by kralkatorrik so they had to rebuild it again), so even if the war was still going on then the idea of humans and charr living on one place in peace wasn’t foreign to humans, since they did have a direct connection between Divinity’s Reach and Lion’s Arch (and the Black Citadel) which were frequently used by travelers.

Charr that weren’t in a Legion sure or were Ash undercover. How many Blood, Flame, or Iron legionnaires would have been fine with it?
The Charr’s problem is their society.

Which is why I don’t see it as something so weird to see humans (non ebonhawkean, at least) and charr fighting together.

This doesn’t have anything to do with “Yea, I could see a situation where humans and Charr fight together” but “Yea, Charr were pretty darn despicable for centuries, I can’t see myself liking them anytime soon.”

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

This strikes me as like believing Germans (yes I am in invoking godwens law) are the bad guys for ever and ever because of WW2 and no one at the time could have had a different veiw other than that of the kitten dogma.

Trying to equate Charr society to a Human one is kitten silly.
No society like it bar maybe the Spartans comes close to the kind of universal military dogmatism that define the Charr.
Your analogy is also all kinds of wrong as well. It’s not like saying “all Germans were bad”. It’s like saying “All SS were bad” and those guys, those guys were.
It would be a bit different if it weren’t for that fact that every Charr in the Legions was also a soldier and since they weren’t divided between “dogmatic barbarians” and “Soldiers doing their job” like the SS vs the majority of the Wehrmacht, your analogy fails. Hard.

You can replace that with any country or group that has ever done something horrific to another or had bad leadership and a not particularly nice culture…which is pretty much everywhere at some point in time.

Not applicable to the Charr due to how their culture works. The only ones able to escape that heritage are those that kitten’d off elsewhere away from the Legions.

Of course this is fantasy so everyone expects the “for teh evils!” race and I’m pretty sure that’s what the Charr were first intended as but it’s nice to break away for that a bit and flesh them out more. I suppose this prosecuting of an entire race rather than individuals actions and being unable to move on from past crimes is why war perpetuates itself in real life.

They’re still violent, flat, uninteresting outside of their alien society and supremacist.

[/quote]
I’m not trying to say the Charr were like kitten Germany. The point is that blaming someone for what their ancestors did is stupid. You do’t like how they are now, fine but that was aimed at the people bringing up GW1 like the Charr should always remain a villain race because of that. Even with the the more current war on ebonhawke if they have the opportunity to try and sort out peace rather than continuing fighting and creating more atrocities and trying to get the other side to pay. You have to try and move past it at some point otherwise no war would never end without the other side being wiped out.

and just because they are all military doesn’t them all responsible for everything or stop them from having a different opinion for each other or their ruling body.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

You realize this isn’t just about the destruction of ascalon, but about the war in general do you? The war that ended only a year ago.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Exactly, and a human from ebonhawke that lived trough the siege would probably never be running so friendly with a charr (which I do believe is reflected in the fact that if you run as a charr in ebonhawke every few steps you get a “XXX insults and threatens you” message).

Or the Heart in lower Blazeridge where you have to mediate conflicts between Ebon guards and Legion soldiers who are supposed to be working together.
Heck, outside of PC’s, how many Legion soldiers are wandering around Kryta?

But the war between humans and charr had mostly been in a standstill at ebonhawke for hundreds of years by the time of the ghosts of ascalon novel (which is 1 year before GW2 and its end marks the beggining of the peace talks). As long as ebonhawke held, humans in krytan territories and in divinity’s reach hadn’t really been threatened by charr attacks, which was for several generations by the time GW2 started, and I’d bet they feel centaurs as a more present threat than charr would ever be.

The war was at a standstill, but it wasn’t like they didn’t still live under siege.
Also that might be the case for humans living far from Charr lands but those nearby are the ones who suffered continually against the Charr and by proximity would be the ones having to deal with whatever Human-Charr agreements are created the most.

Also, in the Destiny’s Edge novel, which happens 6 years before the events in GW2 (IIRC), Logan, Rytlock and Caithe, finding themselves in Lion’s Arch, plan on each taking an asura gate to their respective cities (the Asura Gate to Ebonhawke was built during that novel, but was destroyed by kralkatorrik so they had to rebuild it again), so even if the war was still going on then the idea of humans and charr living on one place in peace wasn’t foreign to humans, since they did have a direct connection between Divinity’s Reach and Lion’s Arch (and the Black Citadel) which were frequently used by travelers.

Charr that weren’t in a Legion sure or were Ash undercover. How many Blood, Flame, or Iron legionnaires would have been fine with it?
The Charr’s problem is their society.

Which is why I don’t see it as something so weird to see humans (non ebonhawkean, at least) and charr fighting together.

This doesn’t have anything to do with “Yea, I could see a situation where humans and Charr fight together” but “Yea, Charr were pretty darn despicable for centuries, I can’t see myself liking them anytime soon.”

Agree with most of it, my comment about humans and charr fighting together was mostly directed about an older comment (which I think was trimmed or something):

I think people are not really letting the gravity of the Human situation sink in here; and that’s darn-near extinction.

That and with the war ending not so long ago, I think it’s far, far too soon for humans and charr to be running around as chummy as they do. It doesn’t make sense imho.

Not liking them for being the villains in GW1 I understand (or for any other reason, really), but my main point was that I don’t see it so rare, lorewise, to have humans and charr fighting together in the game.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Whats the OP said, the running animation is all the reason stop me from leveling any Charr cha pass lv4… armor clipping and another issue as well.

Pls make a toggle mode for Charr running animation, i am fine they just run like a normal human, that’s all i am asking.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Every fortnight I sacrifice charr slashing their throats allowing blood to spill out, collecting it and using it as ink for my parchment which I obtain from skinning their cubs alive strung up with a bowl below. I thrive on their cries of agony, I savour their pain with malevolent delight, each scream brings me respite from restraint. Every fortnight I capture a charr cub, carving out their eyes from their sockets placing them below to see them selves fall from the walls of Ebonhawke!

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

(edited by Nightarch.2943)

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Every fortnight I sacrifice charr slashing their throats allowing blood to spill out, collecting it and using it as ink for my parchment which I obtain from skinning their cubs alive strung up with a bowl below. I thrive on their cries of agony, I savour their pain with malevolent delight, each scream brings me respite from restraint. Every fortnight I capture a charr cub, carving out their eyes from their sockets placing them below to see them selves fall from the walls of Ebonhawke!

General Butt Naked and his men slit the throats of children and drank their blood before heading into battle naked during Liberia’s civil war.

I’m serious.

You are GW2’s version of General Butt Naked.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

(edited by Syktek.7912)

Nightarch.2943

General Butt Naked and his men slit the throats of children and drank their blood before heading into battle naked during Liberia’s civil war.

I’m serious.

You are GW2’s version of General Butt Naked.

That is utterly repulsive. Why would I consume that vile ooze for? All my necromancer does is breaks an entry into a war camp, does what needs to be done and leaves with no preparation of battle the next day.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I did not Choose a Charr because

They are the evil scum that destroyed Ascalon, i don’t care how Anet try to dress it up and change the lore to fit Guildwars 2 they are the bad Guys period…

Camera issues
Armor issues
Mechanics issues

Were all just icing on the cake of hate for these creatures.. they all need to die after what they did to the first game, no truce never..

(Running animation sucks, never did that in GW1, also there is a bug where Charrs footprints are backwards when running o.o)

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

all you guys saying Charr are bad?

you need to step back and read some lore from before the first game….Humans came in and did the exact same thing to the Charr…and took the land FROM the Charr in the first place

the charr were just taking back what was rightfully theirs…..and they wanted it back so bad because they are beasts, and very territorial

when you start a war, you better be able to put up with the consequences if you can’t finish the war

i did not choose charr because:
i hate beast races
armor clipping
ugly armor
hate steampunk

Tybalt was the only good thing about the charr race in this game

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

you need to step back and read some lore from before the first game….Humans came in and did the exact same thing to the Charr…and took the land FROM the Charr in the first place

the charr were just taking back what was rightfully theirs…..and they wanted it back so bad because they are beasts, and very territorial

when you start a war, you better be able to put up with the consequences if you can’t finish the war

i hate beast races
armor clipping
ugly armor
hate steampunk

That lore turned up after the first game, which is strangely coincidental imo..

Nightarch.2943

i hate beast races
armor clipping
ugly armor
hate steampunk

That lore turned up after the first game, which is strangely coincidental imo..

Agreed.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

As a former Ascalonian my first character was a charr. I played him the most and I frequently get frustrated with how terrible medium armour looks on charr.

I did choose a charr but the number one factor driving me away from the race is that almost all armour was designed with humans in mind. I really wish the designers would come up with armour designs for charr and then retrofit them onto humans for once.

If we can’t get more racial armour (and charr racial armour looks like beginner armour, a lot of it is pretty bad) the least they could do is make the charr the number one consideration in more of the future armour concepts.

Every time I see trench coats I cringe.

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

In the start, I didn’t choose Charr because I prefer my characters to be beautiful female Human (or Norn). I made one just for the story.

As to why I won’t make a Charr now,
IMO they’re ugly,
Deformed non-cultural armor,
Tail clipping on non-cultural armor,
Really bad on jumping puzzles,
Lumbering feeling during play

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Because 250 years and a retcon isn’t enough for me to like them for what they did in GW1.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

You guys really take the story that seriously huh? lol this is funny

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Reasons I didn’t choose a Charr?

They are Charrs -_-

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I have three Charr. Because GW1 was a long time ago.

A lot can change in 200+ years. Once in the murky depths of history, Canadians burned down the White House. But as a US Citizen, I do not let it interrupt my love of Ice Hockey and the films of the late Mr. John Candy. And even if GW2 was like two years after, or my humans all started in Ebonhawke instead of Kryta, I doubt I’d care. I play the Aliens and Predators gnawing on the Space Marines too. My favorite Soul Calibur character is Cervantes, and he was the homicidally insane zombie antagonist of the first two games. I made Bowser the cornerstone of my party in Super Mario RPG. If Resident Evil let me be a Zombie trying to bite Chris Redfield’s face off, you couldn’t stop me from shoveling money at Capcom.

tl;dr – Strange Brew & Vidya Games.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Ya’ll need to understand the peeps who made this game don’t (with very little exception) have an emotional connection to GW1. They didn’t design its world, or write its story, at least not any story that wasn’t meant for this game. GW1 is a lore grab bag-o-fun for them and that’s how they used it.

The saw some punky cat race tearing kitten up and thought it would be cool if they made them playable. There are many ways they could have put them on par with humans and introduced them as a legitimate playable race. But instead they chose not only a massive reiteration of the very nature of the Charr, but they made humans out to look like weak kitten schmucks in the process.

I’d actually like them in a different game, they have a nice appeal and an interesting personal story. But the way they are now just doesn’t jive with the Tyria of old. But w/e, people like cats and steampunky stuff so why not. #rollseyes

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I have three Charr. Because GW1 was a long time ago.

A lot can change in 200+ years. Once in the murky depths of history, Canadians burned down the White House. But as a US Citizen, I do not let it interrupt my love of Ice Hockey and the films of the late Mr. John Candy. And even if GW2 was like two years after, or my humans all started in Ebonhawke instead of Kryta, I doubt I’d care. I play the Aliens and Predators gnawing on the Space Marines too. My favorite Soul Calibur character is Cervantes, and he was the homicidally insane zombie antagonist of the first two games. I made Bowser the cornerstone of my party in Super Mario RPG. If Resident Evil let me be a Zombie trying to bite Chris Redfield’s face off, you couldn’t stop me from shoveling money at Capcom.

tl;dr – Strange Brew & Vidya Games.

Resident Evil 6 came out last year. You can do that there. It’s in the bargin bin at Gamestop due to horrible reviews ( It really did suck. ) But none-the-less, you can do that if you can find someone online that’s actually playing it.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

All Charr are evil and must die . Nuff said

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Because I’ll be looking on that character’s @SS for the years to come, so it might as well be a nice female humanoid one

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Bjornen.5218

Bjornen.5218

It is funny to see people that only believes the part of GW lore that they are comfortabl e with. People, if you are going to believe a game’s lore (that is fiction created by devs,so it is not something to take very seriously btw) you have to think of it as a whole thing, not just “I believe the things on GW1 but now this thing is unbelievable for me because it makes me change the way I see something”. Kinda lame.

Back on the topic…My main is a Charr, and I really like him. But the thing with the tails/horns and the lack of good looking medium armor for him is frustrating. I don’t think I will play another Charr just because of this. And if I had to decide my main again, it wouldn’t be a Charr for those reasons. The rest is fine. The Charr race is fine with its story and its looks, and I really like the idea of a strong and war-oriented race like them to become part of something bigger and slowly change their minds to help other races to fight a bigger threat.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

It is a role play game, why don’t trying to make a Charr character that feels sorry about what his ancestor done to mankind? I believe there are some bad Charr around, just like some japanese nowadays still deny their invasion during WW2…

I am willing to play a Charr and i did, just the running animation bugged me most…

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

I like thier big sharp teeth, thier red angry eyes, and thier rude attitude. I love how they destroyed Ascalon in gw1, that’s why i chose one. Today at Dwayna, she was being crushed by 100 man zerk, cornering her into the wall, all i could think about was joining her party to defend her.

I like having an ugly monster as my char, & i think playing as human would be to ordinary and boring for me. For fun activitys I like finding dead players & rezzing them 90% of the way (have them tell me “TY”), and then leaving their dead corpes laying there to rot.

Because you don’t like charrs, it makes me proud that i chose one.

(edited by Curse Drew.8679)

Posted by: Stalvros.9217

Stalvros.9217

Several reasons;
1st – Naked char looks like ranger’s pet
2nd – The character takes the entire screen!
3rd- Can hardly preview the full scale of weapons due to it’s huge size in char screen
4th – Can’t distinguish between female and male other then horn size
5th – Walks on all 4s instead of 2s
6th – They look ugly

If you put your mind into it, you can accomplish anything.

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Anyone who never chose an Asura is wrong……….We have both power and wisdom (you may all kneel before the mighty Asuras)

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Posted by: Liete.5263

Liete.5263

During beta, Charrs felt really “clunky”, and Asuras felt swift, which fit the mesmer class better in my opinion. Now I have the impression that the animatiosn are smoother for Charrs(?),
I would love to change my character to a charr, but the option is not there (note: releveling is not an option).

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

The armor is glitchy and you have to draw your weapon for decent jumping. These are the reasons why I have only one Charr.

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Pff. As soon as I heard playable races were being introduced I instantly decided Charr. During the 3 day headstart, instantly made one. Sure they had awful clipping issues back then, but a lot of it has been sorted now. The 4 legged run animation is still a bit of a nuisance after a whole year, but if you think about it, why wouldn’t they run like that?

But hey, I absolutely hate Sylvari for a few reasons, but all to their own I guess. Personally I didn’t want the Dwarves to be killed off, would’ve preferred those to talking trees, with terrible British accents, any day.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

I made a Charr Warrior on early access, played him until level 23, then shelved him.
I took him out in the last year a few times, geared him up with Transmuted armor and weapons to try and give him a cool factor. Alas, I just can’t get into him.
It’s not the personal story. I find that to be one of the most interesting (of what I’ve played).
It’s not the profession. I created a Norn Warrior back in November and he’s one of my go-to level 80 characters now
It’s not how they look/move. I love the running on all 4’s. Even idle, my Charr looks like one bad mutha.
So there he sits. Now level 27 with nowhere to go.
I do admit though, I seem more drawn to the Norn ( 5 of 9 characters I have are Norn)
maybe it’s just I like pseudo-giants more than Beast-men.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’m one of those who likes all the different race’s. I have 1 asura, 1 charr, 1 norn, 2 humans, and 2 sylvari.

I want to experience the story of each race, their culture, their flavor. The charr area is very interesting.

One thing that does concern me is that I fear less attention will be paid to asura, charr, and sylvari due to the percentages of who plays which. I hope that isn’t the case because if you add up the other races then they equal the mass that is human. Therefore, collectively they are as important.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Dyno.9467

I’m one of those who likes all the different race’s. I have 1 asura, 1 charr, 1 norn, 2 humans, and 2 sylvari.

I want to experience the story of each race, their culture, their flavor. The charr area is very interesting.

One thing that does concern me is that I fear less attention will be paid to asura, charr, and sylvari due to the percentages of who plays which. I hope that isn’t the case because if you add up the other races then they equal the mass that is human. Therefore, collectively they are as important.

I thought Asura were the top played Toons in this game?

Asura – Desolation

locoman.1974

I thought Asura were the top played Toons in this game?

Actually it’s human. According to a graph released by Anet around the anniversary, the numbers are like this:

Human – 36%
Norn – 19%
Asura – 16%
Sylvari – 15%
Charr – 13%

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

Also, why the heck would you wear clothes if you have FUR? That’s built-in natural clothing!

This. They have beautiful fur patterns, then you are left with the choice of putting badly fitting / clipping armor over it. Gotta add that I am generally not keen on furry races, though I did play a charr up to the 30s. Just not for me in their current incarnation.

locoman.1974

Also, why the heck would you wear clothes if you have FUR? That’s built-in natural clothing!

This. They have beautiful fur patterns, then you are left with the choice of putting badly fitting / clipping armor over it. Gotta add that I am generally not keen on furry races, though I did play a charr up to the 30s. Just not for me in their current incarnation.

Well, if you play a heavy armor character, there are several armor sets that display a lot of fur, and at least one of the tiers of cultural armor for both light and medium at least are sleeveless

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

1. Charr are evil.
2. They are too big and take up too much screenspace.
3. Charr are evil.
4. They run funny.
5. Charr are evil.

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

Well, if you play a heavy armor character, there are several armor sets that display a lot of fur, and at least one of the tiers of cultural armor for both light and medium at least are sleeveless

The thing is you have to go out of your way to even find such armor. Whereas sylvari have fantastic racial armor, the same is sadly not true for charr. They do look silly in the human armors stretched over their bodies.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Plus for those clothes, they probably, like most intelligent biped creatures, developed a sense of modesty. Not to mention they’re a war race, so anything that keeps their soldiers fighting longer is good in their opinion.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

We have asuras that’s why i dont play charr, but all my characters as asura i really cant play anything else i love them too much.
Only charr i played was to lvl 28 to get personnal story achievements points then deleted it.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Plus for those clothes, they probably, like most intelligent biped creatures, developed a sense of modesty. Not to mention they’re a war race, so anything that keeps their soldiers fighting longer is good in their opinion.

Heh, I don’t know. I wonder how modest humans would be if they were covered head to toe in thick fur…

Fur provides naturally what clothing provides artificially: protection against the elements. If you have fur, you don’t need clothing, except perhaps in extremes of climate. I would imagine wearing full clothing on top of fur would be very uncomfortable.

The table is a fable.

Lostwingman.5034

The first time the warbands of the charr united was under the rule of the first Khan-Ur long before the arrival of humans in order to put an end to internal conflicts. Some internal conflicts remained, but the unity of the Khan-Ur allowed the charr to expand their territory southward, into the area now known as Ascalon.

Yea that totally sounds like they were there “first”. PFFFTTTT

Dyno.9467

We have asuras that’s why i dont play charr, but all my characters as asura i really cant play anything else i love them too much.
Only charr i played was to lvl 28 to get personnal story achievements points then deleted it.

I like the way you think young ToT

Asura – Desolation

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Reasons why I didn’t choose Charr is because:

1. Horrible and I mean Horrible armor they have. The only reasonable set that all Charr players get is Tier 3 heavy. Besides that, all armor on Charr is just horrible looking for to me specially with a helm? LOL!

2. Poor animation. They don’t stand well, run well, and they’re supposed to be ruthless looking race.

3. Overall look. Like I said, they’re supposed to be ruthless and are conquerors. Everything that they have: armor, walk, run, animation doesn’t just match to me as a Charr.

comparison of charr in GW2 to charr in GW1

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm298/diomedea13/Guild%20wars/gw084-1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9Yojn.png

I mean look at the mane on that Charr in GW1. That to me is intimidating.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

(edited by AEFA.9035)

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

Playing a Charr is out of the question for me. I got human, Norn and Sylvari characters, and as an old GW1 player i just feel uncomfortable with the Charr. Been fighting them for too long i guess. Not that i can’t distinguish between GW1 and 2 Charr, but basically they are still the same, despite having been given some depth of culture.

My first impression of GW2 Charr came from reading GoA and seeing Rytlock Brimstone state things like “A Charr is worth more than ten humans”. Oh, i know there are other examples, notably Tybalt and Almorra Soulkeeper, and i even chose Order of Whispers for my first and main character, but i do not want to play one of them and have to bear with Rytlock as my “mentor”. Logan is bad enough already.

[Yak’s Bend]

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Playing a Charr is out of the question for me. I got human, Norn and Sylvari characters, and as an old GW1 player i just feel uncomfortable with the Charr. Been fighting them for too long i guess. Not that i can’t distinguish between GW1 and 2 Charr, but basically they are still the same, despite having been given some depth of culture.

My first impression of GW2 Charr came from reading GoA and seeing Rytlock Brimstone state things like “A Charr is worth more than ten humans”. Oh, i know there are other examples, notably Tybalt and Almorra Soulkeeper, and i even chose Order of Whispers for my first and main character, but i do not want to play one of them and have to bear with Rytlock as my “mentor”. Logan is bad enough already.

There’s another thing that really sets me off within the first five minutes of gameplay as a new Charr. When you’re down in the tombs killing Duke Barradin, he says something like: " You lost this war long ago. You just don’t get it, do you? " or something along those lines. I can’t remember. It just ( believe it or not ) makes me kind of mad when he says that, and really reinforces the reason why I hate Charr. Not to mention, he’s wielding King Adelbern’s sword. I’m going to steal it…someday.