Reddit is now the new official forum!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3vfeu3/letter_of_introduction_and_lets_talk_about/

Seriously, why don’t we get threads like these over here?!
There are dozens of people here comlaining about problems with the Legendary Weapon Collections, and they get zero response from the developers.
Meanwhile Reddit get’s a thread encouraging people to share all the problems they’ve run into with a dedicated developer responding and providing information to all the feedback from the playerbase.

Threads like these should clearly be on the official forums! And if Anet prefers Reddit, then please just get rid of this forum and keep everything reddit-only! That’d be fine as well!

It’s really annoying, tedious and disadvantageous that people who want to stay up-to-date on the ongoing issues always have to check two different websites.
Why can’t you just put your main focus on only one of them?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would say they’ve chosen reddit as their forum to announce things, start discussions and just drop in on random threads to say something. They may or may not be reading this forum on regular basis but it doesn’t seem to be their “home” forum where they are comfortable just dropping in to say things.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s an non-official AMA, sort of.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Roxhemar.6039

Roxhemar.6039

It always has been, if you don’t look to Gw2 Reddit as your first source of information, you’re doing it wrong. Seriously, the Reddit is SUPER HELPFUL.

Behellagh.1468

You can also vote down the “noise” in reddit. Here a thread can get overwhelmed by ragers rather than constructive, polite disagreement.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

If you scroll down he states that he’s going to post here too but chose Reddit first because he’s more comfortable with the format.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Because that makes it all better.

Or not.

And lo and behold, STILL no post here.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Nike.2631

You can also vote down the “noise” in reddit. Here a thread can get overwhelmed by ragers rather than constructive, polite disagreement.

Right… Because they have so much less control over the moderation here than on reddit.

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

If you scroll down he states that he’s going to post here too but chose Reddit first because he’s more comfortable with the format.

I doubt he really means the format. Reddit’s format is more or less the same as (any) forum format.

My thinking is that he means “environment” but chose not to use that word for reasons which should be obvious.

UnbentMars.9126

Because that makes it all better.

Or not.

And lo and behold, STILL no post here.

It’s an improvement, which I will take over the moratorium that appears to have been put on devs talking with us.

Other reasons its on Reddit and not here, whoever is running PR or Communications at Anet doesn’t have as much control over what is put on Reddit as they do over what is posted here. How about we discuss how much we enjoy this kind of communication instead of the rude bullkitten that Colin posted on Reddit? Or how we want this kind of communication with the rest of the Devs rather than the extremely limited responses?

Try showing them that it’s okay to talk with us and it might happen more.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

Nike.2631

Showing them how? Be forgiving of the resounding silence? Show approval for failure? Ball’s been on their side of the net for a while now, and they keep expending their energy to rile people up here even worse with demonstrable examples on neglect for their own forums instead of improving the situation.

UnbentMars.9126

Showing them how? Be forgiving the resounding silence? Show approval for failure? Ball’s been on their side of the net for a while now, and they keep expending their energy to rile people up here even worse with demonstrable examples on neglect for their own forums instead of improving the situation.

Then how would you get the devs to post on here? Cuz the complaining about it sure seems to be working /sarcasm

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

Posted by: Draugl.8079

Draugl.8079

He said in a reply that he intends to post this here too, so ther is no need to write them off yet

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

this was quoted in another thread

" I took the forum posting class our Community Team gives in order to be cleared to post on our official forums twice. I’ve listened carefully to the Community manager and our studio producer who pointed out specific things I’d said wrong. I’ve been pulled aside by my boss to be told that other departments were unhappy with things I’ve said. Every time this happens I sincerely apologize and try to make sure I re-adjust my attitude towards my communication style. "

" I’m told I can still post, but much much less, and I need to get my posts approved first. So it’s not really a total shut-up. But I know I’d have to come off as a different person if I go through this procedure, which pretty effectively kills the urge."

http://www.joshuaforeman.blogspot.ca/2013_09_01_archive.html#4916848020404903535

the reason seems to be there’re more processes involved in posting on forums compared to reddit

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Behellagh.1468

Right… Because they have so much less control over the moderation here than on reddit.

The mods really don’t over mod negative posts here. You really have to go full hostile to get slapped down. Reddit is selfmodding with the thresholds while here we can only report and hope a mod notices.

RIP City of Heroes

Behellagh.1468

this was quoted in another thread

" I took the forum posting class our Community Team gives in order to be cleared to post on our official forums twice. I’ve listened carefully to the Community manager and our studio producer who pointed out specific things I’d said wrong. I’ve been pulled aside by my boss to be told that other departments were unhappy with things I’ve said. Every time this happens I sincerely apologize and try to make sure I re-adjust my attitude towards my communication style. "

" I’m told I can still post, but much much less, and I need to get my posts approved first. So it’s not really a total shut-up. But I know I’d have to come off as a different person if I go through this procedure, which pretty effectively kills the urge."

http://www.joshuaforeman.blogspot.ca/2013_09_01_archive.html#4916848020404903535

the reason seems to be there’re more processes involved in posting on forums compared to reddit

Slightly out of context, the sentences before …

Now, I’ve been reprimanded a couple times over the last couple of years for my forum posting. I’m not diplomatic enough, mention things I shouldn’t, make specific comments that could be interpreted as promises by the community, set precedent for forum interaction that my co-workers shouldn’t feel the need to have to meet, etc.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Guys, these are still the official forums. I addressed the question of Matt’s informative post in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/On-Legendaries-from-Dev

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet