Refund character slots?

Refund character slots?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LionHeart.2804

LionHeart.2804

After the latest patch, with 23 characters, I have no enthusiasm to even touch the other 18 alts I have below Lv20-30. Would I get a refund for deleting the toons and leaving the slots open for Anet to reimburse the gems?
It probably sounds childish but I’m pretty much done with this game after the leveling nerf. :/

Refund character slots?

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

They don’t refund anything, sorry. I accidentally bought an extra slot when they were on sale and never made a character with it and they still refused to refund it.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Anet has stated they do not have the tools to refund account upgrades like character slots, bank expansions etc.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Mispurchase-in-Gem-Store/first#post4359974

The Burninator

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Yep agree!
And refund on minis too now that these are hidden as Anet intended.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Ive contacted them about this as it was not made clear atall pre patch that the levelling process was now geared to new players and highly gated – they had the cheek to reply telling me that I should learn to ‘exercise more care when making gem purchases’

If they cant ‘refund’ they could at least compensate – other than the ingame support tickets I sent is there nothing else I can do? because frankly I feel bloody ripped off and miss sold.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Ive contacted them about this as it was not made clear atall pre patch that the levelling process was now geared to new players and highly gated – they had the cheek to reply telling me that I should learn to ‘exercise more care when making gem purchases’

If they cant ‘refund’ they could at least compensate – other than the ingame support tickets I sent is there nothing else I can do? because frankly I feel bloody ripped off and miss sold.

The character slots are not broken. The patch did not alter their function.

They can’t start compensating because people don’t want things anymore. Now of they had reduced the cap to 20 characters, then he could be set for a refund for the ones he had past 20.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

They will occasionally refund things if they’re changed. They offered refunds on town clothes after they were converted into outfits and tonics. But I think that’s because they knew a lot of people bought them specifically to mix and match and as one-piece sets they’re unusable for those players.

But from their perspective the functionality of character slots hasn’t changed so they’re not likely to refund them.

On the plus side they have corrected some of the changes made in the last patch. Utility and elite skills now unlock much sooner and a lot more things are account unlocks, meaning once you’ve levelled your first character you’ll never notice the change.

They’ve said they plan to make other changes too, based on player feedback. I’m not convinced they’ll revert the entire thing but I’m hopeful we’ll at least reach a middle ground where levelling new characters is still enjoyable.

Yep agree!
And refund on minis too now that these are hidden as Anet intended.

They fixed that almost a week ago. Since then I’ve not found a single map, including T5 Dry Top, where my mini was hidden.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Refund character slots?

Posted by: GM Talon.8726

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

Account upgrades (character slots, bag slots, bank slots, etc.) are not eligible for refunds at this time.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Thanks for the straight answer. (Before anyone can start hating)

Refund character slots?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

After the latest patch, with 23 characters, I have no enthusiasm to even touch the other 18 alts I have below Lv20-30. Would I get a refund for deleting the toons and leaving the slots open for Anet to reimburse the gems?
It probably sounds childish but I’m pretty much done with this game after the leveling nerf. :/

Wait, so you had 23 character slots, leveled 18 of them to level 30 at most, decided you didn’t like the update, deleted them, and now want a refund? Yeah not so much.
Even if it were possible to give refunds for account upgrades (such as character slots) they wouldn’t give one simply because (i’m assuming) these were all bought quite some time before the patch, were used as intended for quite awhile, and function exactly as they should. It’s like buying a car, deciding you don’t like it after 100,000 miles and want a refund or an exchange. Just not going to happen.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

’The character slots are not broken. ’

I never said they were – I DID say that I thought it was a pretty shanky case of classic bait and switch – I bet their precious ‘metics’ would tell then how much character slot buying increased after the adverts and blogs talking about now is the time to level again!, brand new improved levelling! – who buys character slots? mainly vets, certainly not some shiny new player (with 5 empty slots) – the sort that would be the ONLY recipient of the levelling changes ( and even then its questionable)

Don’t advertise to vets as you’re potential market to buy more slots for ‘brand new fun leveling’ IF in actual fact you’re levelling changes are geared to newbies.

Not so much as a friggin penny will drop from my wallet for this game from now on if that’s the attitude – if the patch wasn’t so bloody awful for vets then Dev’s wouldn’t be scrabbling to reverse some changes – which pretty much backs up my bait and switch argument.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Wait, so you had 23 character slots, leveled 18 of them to level 30 at most, decided you didn’t like the update, deleted them, and now want a refund? Yeah not so much.
Even if it were possible to give refunds for account upgrades (such as character slots) they wouldn’t give one simply because (i’m assuming) these were all bought quite some time before the patch, were used as intended for quite awhile, and function exactly as they should. It’s like buying a car, deciding you don’t like it after 100,000 miles and want a refund or an exchange. Just not going to happen.

First, he didnt delete his characters, he was pitching a hypothetical and you are flaming him for simply asking a question.

Second, thats a terrible analogy. Its more like buying a car that after a few months all of a sudden requires Super Plus / Ultra gas instead of Regular just to drive anywhere.

He made (a ton of) characters with the understanding that leveling was going to be an enjoyable experience. Then one day someone decided to COMPLETELY ruin the leveling experience on some flippant supposition that new players are too freaking stupid to understand how to play this game (or that unlocking traits through events is something any existing player would tolerate), rather than, say, just improve their tutorial for things that might need better explaining.

The experience he purchased was negatively altered after the sale was made, asking hypothetically if a refund could happen is not unwarranted.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Refund character slots?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Anet has stated they do not have the tools to refund account upgrades like character slots, bank expansions etc.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Mispurchase-in-Gem-Store/first#post4359974

Well thats not entirely true. If you’ve used the upgrade item then they probably won’t. They will however (I think might still) refund if you’ve gone over the allowed limit of something (like bank slots).
I had max bank slots when banks tabs went on sale the time before this last time, and had bought one through the gemstore (instead of clicking on the lock in the bank itself) and they refunded it, since I couldn’t use the item to unlock anymore. (I somehow thought I would still be able to get another tab even though the other interface wouldn’t let me)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Refund character slots?

Posted by: GM Talon.8726

Previous

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

To clarify, if you have the item that grants an account upgrade and have not consumed it, you may be eligible for a refund.

If the item has already been consumed to grant the benefit or if the upgrade did not have a consumable item in the first place, then it is not eligible for a refund.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

So dose Steven Seagal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X9RvuSuU_Y

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

If you happen to do 100% map completion and open all traits on those 18 slot, i think Anet should award you with a Legendary weapon hands down

Refund character slots?

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

if they are already lvl 20-30 then most of the bad features of the NPE don’t really apply to them or will soon no longer apply…

and what’s up with the hyperbole people?

Refund character slots?

Seera.5916

I never said they were – I DID say that I thought it was a pretty shanky case of classic bait and switch – I bet their precious ‘metics’ would tell then how much character slot buying increased after the adverts and blogs talking about now is the time to level again!, brand new improved levelling! – who buys character slots? mainly vets, certainly not some shiny new player (with 5 empty slots) – the sort that would be the ONLY recipient of the levelling changes ( and even then its questionable)

Don’t advertise to vets as you’re potential market to buy more slots for ‘brand new fun leveling’ IF in actual fact you’re levelling changes are geared to newbies.

Not so much as a friggin penny will drop from my wallet for this game from now on if that’s the attitude – if the patch wasn’t so bloody awful for vets then Dev’s wouldn’t be scrabbling to reverse some changes – which pretty much backs up my bait and switch argument.

It was marketed as a NEW Player Experience. Not an ALT Character Experience. Did you not see the forums before the patch was released that went: none of this for vets, do we not matter to you anymore?

I never once got the impression that this change was marketed towards me.

And it would be dumb to advertise a new leveling system that would affect everyone and not entice vets to buy more slots.

People PREDICTED the complaints the changes generated based on the blog posts! It’s not a bait and switch if it was written on the wall that these changes were coming.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

So you bought an item, used said item, and now you want a refund, even though you used it?

Why the hell do you have so many character slots in the first place? You do know there’s only 8 classes right?

You made the mistake, deal with it.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Can character slots be deleted from an account without a refund? I have severe OCD and this is something I would like to know because having too many slots can be a nightmare sometimes but I don’t want to make a new account and lose everything.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Account upgrades (character slots, bag slots, bank slots, etc.) are not eligible for refunds at this time.

Speaking of bank slots, I noticed that the Bank Slot Expansion items that are sold don’t have a limit to buy like the Materials Storage Expansion items.

Since I upgraded my bank slots directly from the bank, it was never a problem but it’s possible for someone to buy an expansion from the Gem Store and not be able to use it as far as I know.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

Refund character slots?

Seera.5916

Can character slots be deleted from an account without a refund? I have severe OCD and this is something I would like to know because having too many slots can be a nightmare sometimes but I don’t want to make a new account and lose everything.

The reason they can’t refund used character slots is the fact that they have no tools to remove the character slots.

So the answer to your question is no.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Actually it’s not bait and switch which is a different legal issue, it would be closer to false advertising (which it’s not either).

Bait and switch is when you advertise one product and then, when the customer comes into the store, you try to sell them a different product, usually because the item advertised is one you’re losing money on.

This is more akin to a health spa selling a membership, and you suddenly change the equipment in the spa.

The thing is, if you used your membership for a period of time and got something out of it, the law probably couldn’t do anything for you, even though I understand why you feel the way you do.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

To clarify, if you have the item that grants an account upgrade and have not consumed it, you may be eligible for a refund.

If the item has already been consumed to grant the benefit or if the upgrade did not have a consumable item in the first place, then it is not eligible for a refund.

Just to make sure, you know that several upgrades – bank slots and (i believe) character slots among them – can be bought either as directly applied upgrades (bank window and character select window for example, respectively) OR bought as items that you must use?

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, and one alters your account directly, while the other is a consumable item. Items are sometimes refunded, alterations to accounts very rarely.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Randall.7306

Randall.7306

This is more akin to a health spa selling a membership, and you suddenly change the equipment in the spa.

The thing is, if you used your membership for a period of time and got something out of it, the law probably couldn’t do anything for you, even though I understand why you feel the way you do.

But it depends a lot of the changes, both their nature and the perceived impact.

If the spa is changing the receptionist, the way the lockers are handled and the brand of oil used in the massages, it’s unlikely that the Court would decide the changes are enough to make them refund you, or to force the previous receptionist to return.

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Having actually bothered to play the new system I have to say it’s really not that bad as I’ve been reading. To me, getting rid of your alts over this is kind of over-dramatic.

In fact, your characters are probably even better of than before. Slap a food primer on yourself with a birthday cake, birthday booster and maintenance oil and watch those levels fly by.

And you actually get backslot items and aquabreathers now. So you should be better equiped than ever before.

I’m still not hot on the changes, but it’s a mixed bag at worst.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Refund character slots?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

But it depends a lot of the changes, both their nature and the perceived impact.

If the spa is changing the receptionist, the way the lockers are handled and the brand of oil used in the massages, it’s unlikely that the Court would decide the changes are enough to make them refund you, or to force the previous receptionist to return.

I’m not arguing that anyone is or isn’t entitled to a refund. I’m not arguing that Anet is right or wrong. It’s simply not bait and switch. I know this because it was once my job to know it. Many of our competitors used bait and switch tactics. That’s all I’m saying. Minor clarification is all it is.

In order for it to be bait and switch, you have to switch someone from one product to a different product. Changing the features of an existing product isn’t bait and switch.