Regarding Fractals and fractal rewards.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’ve been thinking of making a topic addressing these issues for quite some time.

1) Fractal rewards are poorly balanced.
You get 1 gold 10 silver ( around that sum) for completing a level 11 fractal and 1 gold and 40 silver for a level 49. How is this balanced?
You might say drops but the RNG in the chests and mob drops is so high that it’s nearly impossible to say if you get better or worse drops.

I’ve done a lot of 49 runs, a lot of 38 runs – haven’t noticed ANY difference in drops whatsoever.
There is however a difference in difficulty.

2)Fractal weapons – the whole idea of having a super rare exclusive weapon type that you can only get in one place and can’t buy is one i completely get behind. 100%.

But here’s the deal – I’ve done OVER 500 fractal runs and I’ve yet to get the weapon I want. This is absolutely silly.

You should be able to turn 100 or 200 or even 300 Pristine fractal relics into a token and get your weapon that way.

I’ve been going for my fractal longbow since June and have yet to obtain one. Did an average of 1 run per day. Sometimes none, sometimes 2-3 runs / day.

3)The dredge fractal.

Why do we even have this fractal? it is poorly designed. It’s just there to eat your time up.
You want a good example of how a tier 3 fractal should look ? Look no further than the volcanic fractal.
Good team? done in 15-20 minutes.
Bad team ? You’re there for quite a bit of time ( possibly even an hour).
That’s the kind of gameplay that I feel is right – reward good players and create incentive for bad players to get good.

4)Things that should have been associated with fractals and put in the game but a year + later we still don’t have.

-Why don’t we have a fractal-related title yet?
-Where are the fractal leaderboards we were promised?
-Were are the fractal weapon boxes that were promise and still aren’t in the game.
-Why are we still capped at 50 PR even though ascended armor has been out for quite a bit of time?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I agree, the RNG is horrible now.

Before fracture, you can safely say 30+ get better loot than below levels. I see a drop in about 3-5 runs? That’s 1 in 15-25 daily chests? Now the fractal skin almost extinct.

There are a few people in my guild that run 30+, but I hear more ascended/skin drop from people with lower levels. I don’t even know if 30+ really gets a higher chance now. The fact that every time I heard people get ascended chest from 1X makes me wanna flip my keyboard.

Also, non-infused rings from 20+ is like anet sending me a troll letter. I still sell the bad stats but I don’t understand why they make non-infused ring drops in 20+.

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

I think the fract weapons should be a chest to allow you to pick a skin, im yet to get something i can use on my main, also idk why dragonite ore cant be got in fracts and we have to do trash content world bosses for it, every other dungeon you can obtain armor from tokens from doing the dungeon.

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

I think the fract weapons should be a chest to allow you to pick a skin, im yet to get something i can use on my main, also idk why dragonite ore cant be got in fracts and we have to do trash content world bosses for it, every other dungeon you can obtain armor from tokens from doing the dungeon.

you get Pristine relics and relics which are used to get ascended rings, 20 slot bags, exotic backpiece, obsidian and pieces to ascend. Pretty big difference in why you don’t get tokens for armour pieces.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I’ve been thinking of making a topic addressing these issues for quite some time.

1) Fractal rewards are poorly balanced.
You get 1 gold 10 silver ( around that sum) for completing a level 11 fractal and 1 gold and 40 silver for a level 49. How is this balanced?
You might say drops but the RNG in the chests and mob drops is so high that it’s nearly impossible to say if you get better or worse drops.

I’ve done a lot of 49 runs, a lot of 38 runs – haven’t noticed ANY difference in drops whatsoever.
There is however a difference in difficulty.

100% agree with this!

2)Fractal weapons – the whole idea of having a super rare exclusive weapon type that you can only get in one place and can’t buy is one i completely get behind. 100%.

But here’s the deal – I’ve done OVER 500 fractal runs and I’ve yet to get the weapon I want. This is absolutely silly.

You should be able to turn 100 or 200 or even 300 Pristine fractal relics into a token and get your weapon that way.

I’ve been going for my fractal longbow since June and have yet to obtain one. Did an average of 1 run per day. Sometimes none, sometimes 2-3 runs / day.

Can’t get behind this. One of the things that keeps me going back to fractals is the chance for one of these skins. I have over 300 fractals and still haven’t gotten one. Frustrating? Maybe a little. But if I get one, I am going to have something out there that very very few people have. I like that. I don’t want to be able to grind or buy one even with pristine relics. So you may have not gotten the one you want, but if you have gotten any at all, you are doing much better than many others. My friend has done as many fractals as you and has not gotten a single fractal weapon.

3)The dredge fractal.

Why do we even have this fractal? it is poorly designed. It’s just there to eat your time up.
You want a good example of how a tier 3 fractal should look ? Look no further than the volcanic fractal.
Good team? done in 15-20 minutes.
Bad team ? You’re there for quite a bit of time ( possibly even an hour).
That’s the kind of gameplay that I feel is right – reward good players and create incentive for bad players to get good.

I can kind of agree with this. It takes a long time, but that also means that it is more challenging that others because of this. I know some of it is mindless fighting (the clown car), but other parts are challenging to many (opening the gate and the bombs). So I am OK, with the fractal.

4)Things that should have been associated with fractals and put in the game but a year + later we still don’t have.

-Why don’t we have a fractal-related title yet?
-Where are the fractal leaderboards we were promised?
-Were are the fractal weapon boxes that were promise and still aren’t in the game.
-Why are we still capped at 50 PR even though ascended armor has been out for quite a bit of time?

I wonder where these things are too. But there are many things we were supposed to have by now that we haven’t in game. I suppose they will get to them eventually.

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

you get Pristine relics and relics which are used to get ascended rings, 20 slot bags, exotic backpiece, obsidian and pieces to ascend. Pretty big difference in why you don’t get tokens for armour pieces.

Yes you can get pieces to ascend but not armor or weapons (unless a chest drops more likely with the wrong stats) they make us farm outwith fracts for that.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Making ascended box sellable would improve fractal rewards <.< maybe….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I started a different thread but will post here. RNG is killing me. 7 runs in a row at 49 with nothing in the bonus chest, 6/7 in the 30’s bracket with nothing in the bonus chest.

Suggestions:
1 – Increase the chance for something in the daily bonus chest
2 – Any fractal above 31+ should not drop a normal ring, infused only
3 – Having the rings salvagable, same loot table as exotic weapons, but add chance at dust/frag/ore, have all 3 in the loot table that can be a result.
4 – Fractal weapon chests
5 – Amulets for pristine relics ~15 p. relics?
6 – Weapon skins for pristine relics ~30 p. relics?

Also, the dredge fractal does need a change. I’m OK with everything in the fractal except the darn clown car. Yes, the bombs can be a huge PITA, but the caw is a complete waste of time.

Suggestions for Dredge:
1 – Leave everything as is, but remove the clown car. Rabsovich would summon more dredge during the fight, like he does with the 1 veteran.
2 – Leave everything as is, but don’t have the clown car scale with your fractal level.
3 – Have the fractal end at Rabsovich, eliminate the clown car. Spruce up the end boss and make it a 4th fractal boss

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Harper.4173

Possibly – but selling ascended won’t happen.

I wish they made a CDI thread regarding fractals – i feel fewer and fewer players are doing it now – and it’ll be dead pretty soon if something isn’t done.

Also – to answer jheryn – i see your point on fractal skins – and I agree – they should be hard to get.
So maybe make it 2 stacks of Pristine relics / skin. That means 500 completed runs.

It won’t make the skins become very prevalent – they will still be exclusive – but on the other hand players like you, me or your friend will be able to eventually get that one weapon they need.

I still do fractals – but there’s no guarantee I’ll ever get that bow.
It’s frustrating to see it drop in a run to a guardian player – who can’t even use it – and wonder if I’ll get it this year or maybe next year?

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

I hope this thread does not suffer the same fate as others before it (get moved to the dungeon forum, where absolutely no developer ever answers).

I agree. The rewards are not in par with other content in the game, specially if you consider the financial investment that it takes to get to enough AR to do 49+.

I also second your take on dredge. It has become a terrible, terrible chore. Almost always have to bring a thief, as it is incredibly annoying otherwise. The loot might be interesting, but it does not make for the amount of time it takes. I have been in runs where dredge took longer than it took us to complete the first 2 fractals!

Not only that, with every patch to fractals dredge has become worse! Whose idea was to add more infinite respawns as a way to balance this fractal? I would not mind the numbers if the respawns were limited. It is ridiculous.

Lastly, the whole currency in fractals needs to be redone. I am swimming in fractal relics (pristine and otherwise), with no practical use for them. I like your suggestion of turning pristines into weapon skins. I have now done well over 1000 fractal runs, still no fractal sword.

For the love of Balthazar, can someone from Anet respond to this?

Afya.5842

Any response will be good. Even if they can just tell me fractal level has no impact on the chance of ascended box, I’m fine with that so I can just farm 1×.

Asia Skyly.7198

The good guys in the LOD guild did a small sample (> 100 runs) over various levels. Clearly the drop rates improve as you get into higher level fractals. What was interesting to me from that chart was the number of weapons is actually LOWER than before the Fractured patch!

Anyway, keep doing your 38/40 and 49/50s, those are you best chances. I have seen 2 people get the tonic, it is worth it for the tonic alone.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Secon with all described on this topic. Our last “Fractal update” has been as poor as possible (Only a recycle of old played dungeons, and a single new fractal.)

All of described on this topic should already be on the game since a long time. A whole team working for each update, c’mom… if you listen up players, you can do it easily. =(

Harper.4173

Yes – I can verify from experience that the weapon drops have been lowered drastically.
I haven’t seen ONE fractal weapon since the patch came out and before that I did have some drop – just not the one I want.

Or at least give us a vendor that will take 5/10 fractal weapons that have and give us 1 that we want. That would also maybe be fair.
So many people have doubles.

It’s sad but this topic will probably be moved – and I doubt the devs will bother replying to this – with the LS stuff and Feature patch I doubt they’ll give fractals any more love soon.

Another issue as you’ve nicely pointed out Asia is the token system – we have TONS of them and nothing to spend them on.

And while we’re on the matter – what about ascended rings? Give us a way to salvage, or at least sell them for a decent price.
Anyone who does fractals regularly is SWIMMING in those things with NO practical use for them. I must have at least 2-3 of EVERY kind.
I don’t really want to sell them for 2s each – at least make them something like 1g each for vendoring them. That would be better I guess.

Keep the feedback coming guys!

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Yeah, it needs improvements all right.

Afya.5842

The good guys in the LOD guild did a small sample (> 100 runs) over various levels. Clearly the drop rates improve as you get into higher level fractals. What was interesting to me from that chart was the number of weapons is actually LOWER than before the Fractured patch!

Anyway, keep doing your 38/40 and 49/50s, those are you best chances. I have seen 2 people get the tonic, it is worth it for the tonic alone.

Do you have the link still? I wanna have a look.

Harper.4173

I would be interested in that as well.

LordByron.8369

Possibly – but selling ascended won’t happen.

Since fractal is the ONLY place where you drop ACCOUNT BOUND exotics, why shouldn t you drop non bound ascended boxes?

I mean it would push rewards like the new TA path….
Since most will have awful stats they will sell for few golds anyway….and low droprate would not shock the market….since they seems they wants only TP players to be able to change the economy at their will.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Harper.4173

The whole concept of ascended they brought out is that you have to craft it. That’s why selling it will never happen.

LordByron.8369

they already said they are planning new acquisition methods (now that tp speculators are rich).

GW2 balance:

Harper.4173

They might as well hurry it up – they’ve been saying they’re " working on this " and " working on that " for a long time.
I understand there is a lot of work to put in but people are losing interest -and for good reason.

Pre-fractured patch I used to run fractals – I got fractal weapons and thought that if i stick at it long enough i’ll get the one i want eventually.
Post-fractured – the drop rate is so low i’m inclined to stop trying.

LordByron.8369

Their “fixes” may have a HUGE role in the loss of interest…

Risking to have to waste an hours in a boring fractal is enough of a reason for many….
Like myself….

GW2 balance:

Asia Skyly.7198

Do you have the link still? I wanna have a look.

I take no credit of this, as I was not part of it. This is all LOD research:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4NvDVKEaOzdG9wajFBRmN4dzctbVhYR0VNVG5IRmc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Harper.4173

The sample size on the above test is rather small – but i can appreciate the effort.

Would be nice if the devs would comment on threads like these – just something – anything would be good right now.

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

I will bump this thread every kittening day.
15 Fractal runs in a row at level 49 / 50.
Nothing but a ring for some of those runs.
Why do you have to nerf everything? You want to keep players?
Stop being so kitten lazy.
No more gems until you fix this, you are a disappointment.

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

Why?

Because they just don’t care.
You’re talking about a company that would rather redundantly change the description of the daily achievement instead of properly updating it to include a new mechanic they themselves introduced.
But there’s one thing you can be certain about: The gem$hop will always function perfectly and will always be fed with new skins and items for you to buy.

Attachments:

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

We won’t get any feedback on anything they don’t want to talk about, namely the shortfalls. If you have noticed the trend of the only responses in most player concern threads are moderation only. It’s one of the main reason communication is still severely lacking between the players and the devs. Unfortunately I don’t see it changing any time soon at least not with this company. So in essence I wouldn’t hold your breathe.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Harper.4173

If they feel these areas are lacking as well they should possibly admit it and try to work together with the players in order to solve the issues.

I’d really love a thread dedicated to fractals where hardcore fractal players give suggestions and the devs actually give us feedback and listen to our solutions.

I know things are bleak – but let’s try to stay positive. I’m sure they’re doing a lot of things with the game right now but at least they could talk to us so we could know what’s what.

Posted by: Celes.8953

Celes.8953

Can t agree more on everything that has been said. What s the point of running a 1h-1h30 instance when you can run others one for 15 mins for the same reward (gold).
What s the point spending more than 400 gold to get 85AR or more ? Save your money and run 1X fractals.
Don t get me wrong, the fractals rewards are awesome, but the way they are distributed sucks. If at least there was a significant difference between 1X fractals and 4X fractals drops as it would be common sense. But no. And I am not going to talk about the gold you get….
So many things kittened…..

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I am fairly certain that they said that, starting with Fractured or so, fractal weapons won’t drop as weapons, but as chests from which you can choose the skin you want. This seems ideal to me (I’ve been looking for that fractal sword for a while now). However, it seems they failed to deliver on this.

However, I’ve been bummed out on fractals since the update; I used to do 48 runs daily, now I got to PR39 and just stopped doing fractals. The new scaling system sucks, the drops are worse, the instabilities are kinda meh and the uninfused rings you get as reward for lvl 30+ are just insulting. Oh, and now you can transform the Pristine Relics into regular ones at a ratio of 1/15. Wow. Amazing. :|

More on-topic, I agree with OP.

The cash rewards should vary more between lvl 1 and 49. A 5 gold reward for completing a lvl 49 seems reasonable to me, as opposed to a 1g reward from lvl 1.

Dredge fractal should either be removed or AT LEAST have that stupid clown car taken out. Granted, it’s a good farming spot for heavy bags, but it’s just a timewaste.

Someone suggested that you should be able to pay 5 fractal weapons to get one of your choice – this seems a very, VERY nice solution to me. Those kitten ed spears and shields are just collecting dust in my bank and are taking up valuable storage space.

(edited by SkyFallsInThunder.8257)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Apparently (as per dev statement) the fractal weapon boxes that were mentioned in “rewards” part of fractured update (and were mentioned several times before by devs as one of the Big Changes) drop only from levels 51 upward. Which happen to not be in the game yet.

In addition to better drops, there should definitely be a possibility of buying fractal skins (and ascended gear other than rings) for pristine relics.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Fractal weapons are ugly anyway. Best weapon skins are available only in Gemstore, same with armor.
Wouldnt be too surprised if they were selling Asceded Armor in gem store.

Posted by: Kindeller.3072

Kindeller.3072

It has to be said I’ve never understood the progression of Ascended stuff. Its two ideas merged that simply don’t work well. The intention of ascended gear was for two things. To provide an end game goal to work towards at 80 and also to use agony as a progression limitation in Fractals. Unfortunately there’s a slight hitch with the progression of ascended gear in fractals.

Rings and back item are the only pieces available in fractals as rewards, The issue comes that you “should” be able to infuse these in fractals unfortunately I’ve found that the pieces necessary to do this (5 vails, 3 globs, 1 shard) drop really only in respective tiers (1-10,11-20,21-30) And to get the shard is almost impossible on 15 agony in the 20+ range. its also possible obviously to get an infused ring 20+ as well but again 15 agony alone wont do it.

I’ve never understood why it isn’t possible to purchase these mists essences or an equivalent method to get infused rings in the mists themselves. We have a daily reward token… slap some ridiculous numbers on there and at least give people the option to gain other ascended rewards in fractals, for fractals, over an extended period of time.

Again though we come down to RNG and the way that everything in this bloody game is surrounded by random drops… so i guess there is the chance that something will drop weapon wise from a chest. Woop. 1 in 50 or something can progress a little further than everyone else.

Maybe its just the fact that I’m the kind of person who likes to earn a reward from a game, by something that I’ve done using the game mechanics. Not someone who’s been lucky enough or went and farmed or spent gold on a market place to progress further. I haven’t earned anything that way, I’ve just bought my way to the top.

Hate me all you want, atleast it was one thing WoW understood. I worked hard and enjoyed seeing my progression and improvement as i gained each piece of gear. Here i have to run off and farm to craft somewhere else for something i enjoy doing and cant progress in.

Asia Skyly.7198

Thanks for keeping attention on this issue. I am in the minority that felt invigorated by the fractured update. I loved it. That said, I am disappointed that the rest of the fractal issues are an afterthought.

We need a resolution to dredge. Someone needs to at least explain the mechanics in the cage. What controls the spawns? Are the respawns infinite? Is there a timer? We spent a good amount of time yesterday just testing various approaches to the cave on Fractal level 49 and researching various aspect of the dredge mechanics. It really needs attention.

We also need a resolution to:
1. Fractal Tokens/Pristine Tokens.
2. Why can’t I buy other ascended items besides rings with my tokens?
3. Why can’t I buy ascended materials, recipes, etc. with my tokens?
4. What do we do with the 100’s of rings?
5. What do you do when you have 6 fractal torches and only 3 classes use them?
6. What happened to the additional levels past 50?
7. Where are the fractal boxes

For the love of all holy: Can we get an answer? Over and over, they simply ignore these questions.

Posted by: Machspeedtwo.1342

Machspeedtwo.1342

Arenanet completely destroyed the fun aspect of fractals with the Fractured! patch and did not compensate us with increased rewards (instead choosing to nerf them.) I think it’s pretty fair for us to demand a response at this point. We have developers on these forums talking about how much they love their new heart-themed weapons or saying their favorite “this thread is now closed” line, but we can’t seem to get a simple acknowledgement of the problems being faced by everyone that used to love fractals.

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

They operate on
Promote selves, embrace praise.
Hide mistakes, ignore problems.

If related to gem store profit, point 2 does not stand.

Posted by: fabipm.4359

fabipm.4359

30+ Fractal runs since Fractured. 90% F38 and F49.
0 Skin.
0 Chest.
0 Exotic.

I know you do not want to change that because the harder things are obtainable, the longer people will play it.
But at a certain point of stupid table loot, people will just give up.
I am one of these. I cannot keep going like this, I feel this whole time in Fractals totally lost.

And why do you keep fixing skipping part in Dredge Fractal but doing nothing for AC or Arah skipping exploits ? WHY ?

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

0 Skin.
0 Chest.
0 Exotic.

9 runs in a row now (after last night) @lv 49, not even a ring. 8/9 receiving dredge as 3rd fractal, 5/9 having both cliffside and dredge. Not that cliffside is hard, it just makes the night that much longer.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

0 Skin.
0 Chest.
0 Exotic.

9 runs in a row now (after last night) @lv 49, not even a ring. 8/9 receiving dredge as 3rd fractal, 5/9 having both cliffside and dredge. Not that cliffside is hard, it just makes the night that much longer.

I don’t think Anet has quite mastered the art of RNG. I mean, they have the basics down, but their percentages on drop rates are WAY off. They are still learning, though… give them time!

As their pride starts to take a sideline and they become more willing to admit that they probably goofed on a few things, we’ll start to see some major leaps and strides in the enjoyability of playing the game. They are just being REALLY slow about it lol.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I too think decent drops are too few and far between. But none of us were promised any thing as far as drops go. That is why it is called Random and not Guaranteed.

I don’t like the fact that I have not gotten any boxes or skins and only a very few exotics, but I was given no promises, so I am not going to throw insults.

I think Tolmos has it right.

Afya.5842

I think Anet mistook the complain that “I have 8 fractal spear but not one sword” as having too many fractal weapon so they bring out the nerf hammer and nerfed the drop rate to fractal weapon.

I don’t understand fractured really. Some of the instabilities are clearly gear check. And other just makes 30+ more annoying than before. Now having to work more you assume you’ll get better reward. But no, they nerfed the drop rate.

And I still don’t understand why they make non-infused rings drop in 20+.

Posted by: Typicalsloan.8603

Typicalsloan.8603

I think Anet mistook the complain that “I have 8 fractal spear but not one sword” as having too many fractal weapon so they bring out the nerf hammer and nerfed the drop rate to fractal weapon.

I don’t understand fractured really. Some of the instabilities are clearly gear check. And other just makes 30+ more annoying than before. Now having to work more you assume you’ll get better reward. But no, they nerfed the drop rate.

And I still don’t understand why they make non-infused rings drop in 20+.

Sounds like the same mistake they made when everyone said dredge was unnecessarily long so they made it even longer.

Most players have been left with the feeling that Anet deems fractals as a mistake that they think they can ignore until it disappears and I don’t blame them.

As a result of the lack of communication and the bumbling of Anet on this I decided not to support them by buying Gems with real money.

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

I have possibly done over 500 fractal runs (or 1500+ fractal maps).

I did notice that the fractal skin drop has been nerfed badly at ALL levels.

Fractal accomplishments before update:
1. Precursor (level 38): The Energizer
2. Got the entire collection of fractal skins, some even triples.
3. Several sets of exotic armor randomly obtained as rewards
4. Four characters to level 50
5. Ran 38/48 almost daily (sometimes I even ran 48 on multiple characters on the SAME day)

Fractal accomplishments after update:
1. Endless fractal tonic (level 44 or 45, can’t remember)
2. 6-7 chests of ascended armor/weapons
3. Just one fractal skin!
4. I run 28/38 these days more because fractal players at level 49 behave badly, and chest rewards are better IMO (got all ascended stuff at these lower levels)

I think the rings drop hasn’t changed. Altogether, I have over 100 rings even after equipping all of my 10 level 80 alts with multiple ring sets. I have dedicated a level 2 character to store all these rings.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

(edited by mage.3570)

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Fractal weapons are ugly anyway. Best weapon skins are available only in Gemstore, same with armor.

There is one nice fractal weapon I’d liket to have. But I know I’ll never get the RNG for it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Fractal_Sword_Preview.png
[&AgF2lAAA]

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

There is one nice fractal weapon I’d liket to have. But I know I’ll never get the RNG for it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Fractal_Sword_Preview.png
[&AgF2lAAA]

I have that one (got it pre-fractured), I get asked about it all the time, it even has a white swing trail when you swing it around or when you are running. It is indeed a very pretty fractal skin. Another good one is the Fractal Dagger and the Fractal Focus.

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

I used to love fractals but 2/3 times i got dredge, i can’t keep up with this parody and stopped fractals.
At least if it was worth the 2hours needed it would be something, but doing 2hours of dying and frustration for what 1.3g. no ty.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Harper.4173

I’ve been away for a bit but I’d like to thank everyone who gave their opinion.

I know fractal players are a minority ( compared to the endless mobs that do LS content or other aspects of the game ) but I feel fractals shouldn’t be tossed aside.

Whenever a friend or some random person asks me what is gw2’s PVE endgame – I’m going to say fractals.
It’s the only thing that provides a challenge of sort – and while it might seem easy for us that have been doing it for very long I believe that new players will still find it challenging to go from level 1 to 50. And it’ll probably be fun too, at least for a while.

The problem here is that it is also terribly unrewarding and more often than not incredibly frustrating. Getting the same fractal weapon 3rd time over, not getting anything or getting another ring gets old fast.

I feel that they should take a look at this content since as far as I’m concerned it’s the only thing hardcore pve player can do for fun. Sure Arah is also kinda cool but I wouldn’t go as far as calling it particularly hard.
And it certainly doesn’t have the potential or staying power of fractals. It’ll just become less interesting faster.

So – let’s keep this constructive : what would you guys propose as reward improvements?

I feel – for starters – a gold increase for fractals should be implemented.

1 gold for level 1-10

1.5 gold for levels 11-20

2 gold for levels 21-30

3 gold for levels 31-40

4 gold for levels 41-50

There’s only ONE daily chest for each of these so at a maximum you would get 11.5 gold for a good amount of time spent doing fractals.
If you spent the same amount doing dungeons you would most likely make a lot more. So why would they not do this ? Not exactly unfair.

Plus – fractals require more investment – in dungeons you can go in and play – high level fractals require more coordination and more importantly a player investing in AR.
So in a sense it would be nice to get a return for our investment.

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

While we’re on the subject of fractals, here’s a list of compiled bugs, courtesy of Nike:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/fractured/Summary-of-Fractal-Issues-and-Bugs/first

Harper.4173

Thanks for the post Ephemeral.

I wish we had some feedback.

Posted by: fabipm.4359

fabipm.4359

0 Skin.
0 Chest.
0 Exotic.

40+ Fractal runs since Fractured. 90% F38 and F49.
0 Skin.
0 Chest.
0 Exotic.

Bump and edit