Remove Tomes from PvP Tracks for 80s

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Please….

I have no use for tomes of knowledge even right now, and they will have even less of a use post Hero Point Update.

Will there be a way to disable these as rewards? or make them so level 80 characters do not get these as rewards? or something….

I was sitting on 3 stacks of Tomes, all characters at 80, and 1 of each character. So I literally would not be able to use them post-update, hopefully this is being thought of?

Or maybe even “Trade in 80 Tomes of Knowledge for 1 Free Character Slot!”

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Please….

I have no use for tomes of knowledge even right now, and they will have even less of a use post Hero Point Update.

Will there be a way to disable these as rewards? or make them so level 80 characters do not get these as rewards? or something….

I was sitting on 3 stacks of Tomes, all characters at 80, and 1 of each character. So I literally would not be able to use them post-update, hopefully this is being thought of?

Tomes? Because you don’t need to level anymore, remove them??? Thats a really selfish suggestion. Easy fix: Make them vendor for 10 silver, so when you get them you make some return for them.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Zietlogik.6208

Please….

Tomes? Because you don’t need to level anymore, remove them??? Thats a really selfish suggestion. Easy fix: Make them vendor for 10 silver, so when you get them you make some return for them.

If the answer were that easy it would have been in place ages ago, its not selfish though, It is to remove them for anyone who doesn’t need them.

Maybe just make an Experience based tPvP track, or something else. But post patch, anyone with no intention of leveling a character with tomes will just be given useless items from these tracks.

At least right now you can burn them into skill points, but afterwards I’ve heard you can’t use them at all on characters who are level 80.

BTW, thanks for pointlessly moving this to the PVP forums there moderators, this isnt a purely PvP issue, it is a PvE item given in a PvP environment. :/

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

People who are 80 still have alts, thats the beauty of Account bound items, and it would be strange to reward off-items for people checking a check-box to opt out. A reward track is standardized and there’s nothing wrong with that.

However, sure, if they wanted to add a “Leveling up” track or allowed them to be sold for 10s, I’d be fine with that. But there’s issues with removing them all together, especially just because you’re on a level 80 character, there’s simply no need for that.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Please….

If the answer were that easy it would have been in place ages ago, its not selfish though, It is to remove them for anyone who doesn’t need them.

Maybe just make an Experience based tPvP track, or something else. But post patch, anyone with no intention of leveling a character with tomes will just be given useless items from these tracks.

At least right now you can burn them into skill points, but afterwards I’ve heard you can’t use them at all on characters who are level 80.

BTW, thanks for pointlessly moving this to the PVP forums there moderators, this isnt a purely PvP issue, it is a PvE item given in a PvP environment. :/

And what about altoholics? PvP is the best source of tomes of knowledge, and these are quite valuable for people like me. They’re one of the few reasons why I even bother with the crapfest that is our current solo queue pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

nobody stops you from deleting them from inventory

i like tomes, i use them for key farming… never have more than 1 stack of them because of it

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

just delete them if YOU dont want them

the rest of us are enjoyingit

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I was sitting on 3 stacks of Tomes

Just fyi, you can turn those 3 stacks into about100g give or take

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I used my tomes to level a second warrior, a second engineer, ranger and a guardian. I’ll also have enough to get a lvl80 revenant as soon at I get HoT. they are very useful imo.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Absolutely not, its a great way for pvpers to level up alts. Looks like some people just want to complain about anything these days ;/.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Zietlogik.6208

Then give us the option to choose our own mid tier rewards (maybe from a drop down menu?)

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Turn the skill points into gold if you care that much.

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Please….

Create a new human character, level him to 10 with tomes, run personal story(~15 minutes), get black lion key.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in PvP

Zietlogik.6208

Please….

Create a new human character, level him to 10 with tomes, run personal story(~15 minutes), get black lion key.

I would need to delete one of my 80s, or shell out for some gems to get another character slot, both are not high on my priority list :/

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I hate them too. I hope with the upcoming change to tomes they are considering changing something in the reward tracks too. (Either silver value; pvp tomes still useable after 80; number of tomes depending on the reward track).

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I like the tomes. I hadn’t thought of using them for key farming.. that’s a bit crass, but you could make some nice profit on it I’m guessing.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

how do u do that?

teach me the secrets!

in PvP

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

Please….

Tomes also gives you skill points after lvl 80,which you can trade for mats to craft leg weapon,or for eldritch scroll which you can use to craft exo weapons which
costs quite a lot on TP,or lvl to 20 for key farm like some1 said,SO there is quite good use for them even if you have all lvl 80……..

in PvP

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I’d rather keep them, I wouldn’t be opposed to like an experience reward track that only has them, but have them somewhere in a track.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in PvP

Posted by: Phent.9350

Phent.9350

You can always make character, get 80 lvl, take all rewards while you lvl up, delete repeat = profit

[None] mesmer/ele/engi/thief/necro

in PvP

Posted by: Style.1092

Style.1092

Maybe create a new vendor that will allow to exchange tomes for e.g. waypoints, hearts etc., so pvp players, could actually achieve map exploration without moving from hotm.

Cpt Nemo Kolkozy

in PvP

Zietlogik.6208

Please….

Tomes also gives you skill points after lvl 80,which you can trade for mats to craft leg weapon,or for eldritch scroll which you can use to craft exo weapons which
costs quite a lot on TP,or lvl to 20 for key farm like some1 said,SO there is quite good use for them even if you have all lvl 80……..

This won’t be possible after the specialization patch though. :/

in PvP

naphack.9346

how do u do that?

teach me the secrets!

-Use all tomes to get skill points
-buy catapult blueprints, mithril ore and elder wood logs off the trading post
-use skill points to buy siege manuals
-toss everything into the mystic forge to create superior catapult blueprints
-sell superior blueprints on the trading post

You will make about 20 silver of profit per skill point.
Exclude the trading post fee and you still make quite a bit of cash.
If you have a lot of surplus badges of honor, you can also buy the siege blueprints for badges as a way to turn both the badges and skill points into gold.

On the other hand, for key farming purposes, 3 stacks of tomes equal just shy of 100 black lion keys, if you have the patience to put 2000 minutes into doing key runs. This would yield ~30 black lion claim ticket scraps, which assuming a price of 80 gold/skin would be worth 240 gold.
That and a bunch of dyes, minis, etc. and a chance on really expensive stuff.

If you want a quick cash in, just turn them into skill points. Grinding keys takes some serious effort.

About the specialization patch: Let the specialization patch be the specialization patch.
The tomes will do something on level 80 characters or when they don’t, public pressure will force arena.net to make the tomes do something again.
It’s not like they will just outright remove any unspent tome from the game.

(edited by naphack.9346)

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

You can use the tomes for mastery points once the expansion hits.

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I love tomes, please don’t get rid of them. At the very worst they are skill points you can convert to gold, so I don’t understand the complaint.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in PvP

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

No. I have 17 characters (on 2 account) 80 and I rly don t care about the books.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in PvP

Zietlogik.6208

They said they didn’t want to do that anymore, it won’t be an option when HoT hits. Believe me, I was looking forward to that too

I love tomes, please don’t get rid of them. At the very worst they are skill points you can convert to gold, so I don’t understand the complaint.

That is their current use yes, from what I can understand, they won’t be usable on 80 characters and skill points won’t exist (just the account currency) so with all 80 characters, I have a feeling i won’t even be able to use them at all. But things can change before the patch hits…but their track record usually suggests they wait until AFTER their decision, and get critical community backlash before they make a change.

About the specialization patch: Let the specialization patch be the specialization patch.
The tomes will do something on level 80 characters or when they don’t, public pressure will force arena.net to make the tomes do something again.

It sucks, but the way they worded it when answering questions in the AMA was that they will have no impact/use on level 80 characters and will only be used for leveling. No gain to Mastery tracks, no skill/hero points unless it is a pre-80 character.

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

in PvP

naphack.9346

They said they didn’t want to do that anymore, it won’t be an option when HoT hits. Believe me, I was looking forward to that too

That is their current use yes, from what I can understand, they won’t be usable on 80 characters and skill points won’t exist (just the account currency) so with all 80 characters, I have a feeling i won’t even be able to use them at all. But things can change before the patch hits…but their track record usually suggests they wait until AFTER their decision, and get critical community backlash before they make a change.

It sucks, but the way they worded it when answering questions in the AMA was that they will have no impact/use on level 80 characters and will only be used for leveling. No gain to Mastery tracks, no skill/hero points unless it is a pre-80 character.

They could easily make it retain its current use for level 80 characters: Give one point of mystic forge currency.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

You what? Too many tomes? Mate… use them for key farming then.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Please don’t remove them. I get a free Black Lion Key every 10 that I get…

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

naphack.9346

You are wasting tomes.
Why would you spend 10 tomes, when 8 is enough?

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

You are wasting tomes.

Because I failed maths in primary school and couldn’t pass stat in uni. Isn’t that how everyone becomes a liberal arts major?

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

(edited by Velimere.7685)

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

how do u do that?

teach me the secrets!

-Use all tomes to get skill points.

They don’t give skill points.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

how do u do that?

teach me the secrets!

Not to 80s, but they do give them to <80.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

how do u do that?

teach me the secrets!

Not to 80s, but they do give them to <80.

Skill points are only given at certain levels as level up rewards, not every level.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

This is a rather selfish request. It’s almost the only reason I PvP as much as I do. The free level-up items I get from this (and from daily log-in, you get 10 per month by default) will get my Revenant to 80 by the time HoT is released. Obviously it wouldn’t make sense to a person that only does sPvP, but for all the PvXers like myself it is highly appreciated that it is included as a reward.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

You are wasting tomes.

Because I failed maths in primary school and couldn’t pass stat in uni. Isn’t that how everyone becomes a liberal arts major?

Rimshot

But yes. I need these to be a regular reward in case I decide I need a new (insert class here) or a free lion key.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.