Remove WvW from map completion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

The title stands for itself

honestly I am tired of it
I am not someone who plays WvW content and when I do I find it severely annoying and entirely lacking in entertainment

im just not into PvP

WvW is treated more like PvE than PvP which makes no sense at all considering its PvP content
I am requesting that the Map Completion be removed from the WvW maps so that 100% map completion will be gained once all PvE maps are completed

there is no need to force everyone into WvW to play content we do not like or enjoy and those who do enjoy it are probably sick of us lesser equipped players taking up place on the map.. and nagging people in the chat to help us capture that last Poi or Vista..

its non beneficial for everyone and its annoying for everyone who enjoys WvW and for those of us who absolutely hate WvW
there is nothing fun about running accross a map alone and getting utterly destroyed by 50+ players
not to mention having to complete 3 maps that are pretty much identical..

please just remove WvW maps from world completion
it will benefit everyone in the end whether you are a WvW fan or not

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I understand and applaud your right to state your opinion and ask for a change, but this has been beat to death on the forums to date.

The developers have stated that the reason they require it is to encourage players to try WvW and they hope you like it and continue doing it. Maybe they’ll change it at some point, but I believe that is unlikely.

In before everyone else who is going to tell you to suck it up and just do it.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’d be okay with WvW completion, if the realms were balanced with each other. But maybe that’s something the April 15th patch will fix. As I understand it, maps will be balanced by activity instead of ranking, so hopefully I will get into those last few POI fortresses and vistas.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If you don’t do WvW then I don’t think you deserve a legendary…
Legendary weapons are legendary for a reason, people who make them do everything.

Posted by: Lightyears.8624

Lightyears.8624

/agree

I wouldn’t mind if it was replaced with clearing each dungeon path, as they are part of the main world and should count for it’s exploration.

I personally love WvW, but I agree that forcing players who do not want to be there is no good for anybody. No matter how much Anet is trying to sell it.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Just to point something out: there are many people that only ever want to play WvW because that is the game type they enjoy playing, yet they HAVE to go into PvE to get the maps and mats necessary to get their legendaries and map completion. Is it fair for them to have to do PvE content? Honest question for you OP.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

It would at least make it a bit more endurable for us WvW-avoiders, if we would only have to map ONE Borderland and EBG. Then we have been there, got severly annoyed by all those WvWer telling us to suck it up and “omg noobz, destroy them, lootbag farming ftw”.

Posted by: Valar Morghulis.7049

Valar Morghulis.7049

I wish they would remove PvE from map completion, I mean how challenging is it anyway? It’s just time consuming… Map completion should be fully centered around WvW. Also, as a full WvW player, I am already required to play the PvE game style enough as it is….

Fiddler of Malazan [BR] – Engineer {NSP}

Posted by: AngelsShadow.7360

AngelsShadow.7360

What I love about this game is that if I don’t want to do something, I am not punished for it. I’ll keep on repeating this: A good Developer will always get players to try all forms of gameplay in their games. This is what Anet have done.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

Legendary weapons are legendary for a reason, people who make them do everything.

he never said a thing about legendary. I remember an old saying that claimed that Guild Wars was all about completionism, and I believe OP wants the 100% world completion not because of the gifts of exploration, but because of the medal, the title, the achievement and the feeling of completion

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Teratus.2859

I understand and applaud your right to state your opinion and ask for a change, but this has been beat to death on the forums to date.

The developers have stated that the reason they require it is to encourage players to try WvW and they hope you like it and continue doing it. Maybe they’ll change it at some point, but I believe that is unlikely.

In before everyone else who is going to tell you to suck it up and just do it.

I’ve been doing it trust me

but no ammount of forcing me into WvW is going to make me want to play it
the way I see it is the content is boring, lacking in any kind of player skill and just plan annoying

capturing parts of the map requires a large number of players and if they are not interested in capturing that one keep you need then you are out of luck and most of the time stuck waiting until the teams switch and just hoping you end up on the colour you need to get that final Poi etc

my first character going for world completion was stuck waiting around 5 months before my server was given the Red Team so I was able to get my last 2 Poi in eternal Battlegrounds which also took me a few hours to que up for as well

I assumed I was not alone with this subject but I did search for it before making the thread but I could not find another thread about it

the problem is that not everyone is going to enjoy WvW and those of us who don’t
get very annoyed by being forced in there and serving as little more than food for enemy zergs
we are not geared or set up for WvW thus we are little help to our team and do more damage by feeding our enemy’s kills

forcing people into WvW is not going to make them enjoy the content no matter how much they are forced to play
if anything it’s just going to annoy people even more if they don’t want to be there

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

Whether he wants it for legendary or for Map Completion, every person in the game at some point or the other finds a particular aspect of it to be difficult. That does not mean that he/she should ask it to be removed from the game.

WvW map completion is not too difficult. If you are having trouble reaching points like the enemy keep…just wait for the map colors to change. Have patience. Don’t ask a feature to be changed just because you are in a hurry. You may not need to fight a single person to get all points/vistas if u wait.

Besides I feel Anet already makes too many concessions for the “Casual” gamers.

Teratus.2859

Im not actually doing WvW for legendaries
Im doing it because I want 100% world completion on my characters

I have no interest in Legendaries because I find nearly all the skins to be ugly
there are a couple I would not mind having but the ammount of work required to get them doesn’t seem worth it to me

there are plenty of other Skins that I like more than Legends
Condition dmg Ascended Sceptor for example looks a million times better than the Legendary Sceptior which looks just stupid to me

there is also the case that seeing countless players with Legendaries on a daily basis completely devalues them to me
they are not rare anymore nor do they seem valuable to me
I would take Wings of Dwayna over Kudzu anyday because it is far rarer to see it thus more valuable to me

Teratus.2859

Just to point something out: there are many people that only ever want to play WvW because that is the game type they enjoy playing, yet they HAVE to go into PvE to get the maps and mats necessary to get their legendaries and map completion. Is it fair for them to have to do PvE content? Honest question for you OP.

Not at all I actually agree with you on that

have it my way I would have made PvP gear usable in WvW instead and simply had WvW as a second form of PvP content

that being said it is possible to get the mats and levels etc from playing WvW since level 1
however there are exclusive PvE skins you must obtain through dungeons etc so if you want them you must play the content
but it is just easier to obtain all that from PvE than WvW

this is actually one of the benefiets of the new Wardrobe system

(edited by Teratus.2859)

Posted by: AngelsShadow.7360

AngelsShadow.7360

Not at all I actually agree with you on that

have it my way I would have made PvP gear usable in WvW instead and simply had WvW as a second form of PvP content

Sorry, but that would have been horrible. Really horrible.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Im not actually doing WvW for legendaries
Im doing it because I want 100% world completion on my characters

I have no interest in Legendaries because I find nearly all the skins to be ugly
there are a couple I would not mind having but the ammount of work required to get them doesn’t seem worth it to me

there are plenty of other Skins that I like more than Legends
Condition dmg Ascended Sceptor for example looks a million times better than the Legendary Sceptior which looks just stupid to me

there is also the case that seeing countless players with Legendaries on a daily basis completely devalues them to me
they are not rare anymore nor do they seem valuable to me
I would take Wings of Dwayna over Kudzu anyday because it is far rarer to see it thus more valuable to me

Well WvW is part of the world too so you have to live with it. If I was able to do it so can you.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Off topic—but
Sorry that is just silly— they can be bought and sold on the tp, mats bought and sold, large guilds helping out member etc, and the mystic gamble. the broken RNG drop lcoding and on and on.
By your arguement they should only be available to people that have done 100% of everything. Fine with me as long as they remove ALL other ways of getting them.

Back to topic—the wVw for map completion needs to go.
They should have PvE map completion with rewards and a separate one with rewards for WvW.
You complete both—you get an additional reward—guaranteed precurser that would for the legendary of your choice.
This way people that play PvE or WvW almost exclusively would get some sort of completion recognition/reward.

And one more idea, move the WPs and POIs outside the walls so they could be accessed for completion without have to wait for a groups to take it.
BTW, I have 100% with 2 toons, so I have done, didn’t like it, but it’s done.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Teratus.2859

he never said a thing about legendary. I remember an old saying that claimed that Guild Wars was all about completionism, and I believe OP wants the 100% world completion not because of the gifts of exploration, but because of the medal, the title, the achievement and the feeling of completion

Very much so

I am also a long time Guildwars 1 player who managed to obtain Grandmaster Cartographer without the use of texmod

I had a similar problem with the required pvp zones in Gw1 too although since that was just team based and little more than running around the outside of the map it was not that difficult to get and overall not really enough to make me want to complain about it

WvW in Gw2 however requires runing from point A to B to C to D and on and on and on meanwhile there are forts that require you to convince a decent number of people on your team to help you capture, Keeps that require a even bigger number of people to capture and at the same time there are hundreds of players on the same map who want to kill you

as for your statement about wanting 100% completion just for the feeling of completion that is exactly right

completing 100% of the PvE map to be lefts with like 96% of the world completion is just annoying

it is also unfair to include WvW maps into World completion but not the PvP ones
why does PvP get excluded and not WvW..

Heart of the Mists has Poi’s etc so why don’t they count too?

Posted by: Benjamin Mahir.7986

Benjamin Mahir.7986

WvW for map completion is a problem because it ties map completion to how well your server is doing in WvW. I don’t care how good of a player you are, one person can not carry their server to win Stonemist Castle. Honestly, the fact that the hours of the day that your server has enough coverage to take Stonemist Castle might be an unfair point.

Requiring WvW participation is all well and good since Legendary Weapons are tied to how well you play the game, but the rest of your server and the hours of the day you can play the game have NOTHING to do with how well you play the game. You can earn WvW rank and Badges of Honor even if your server is doing poorly. You can’t get map completion if your server can’t get hold certain objectives.

They’ve just changed the system last Friday, so maybe this won’t be an issue. If it’s STILL an issue two months from now… then we have a problem because a World Transfer to a server that is holding Stonemist Castle shouldn’t be a requirement for a Legendary, I don’t care if you can buy one with ingame gold or not.

Teratus.2859

Whether he wants it for legendary or for Map Completion, every person in the game at some point or the other finds a particular aspect of it to be difficult. That does not mean that he/she should ask it to be removed from the game.

WvW map completion is not too difficult. If you are having trouble reaching points like the enemy keep…just wait for the map colors to change. Have patience. Don’t ask a feature to be changed just because you are in a hurry. You may not need to fight a single person to get all points/vistas if u wait.

Besides I feel Anet already makes too many concessions for the “Casual” gamers.

Just to calrify I do not find the WvW content difficult
I have learned how to play it.. well what little there is to learn
stack on commander and just DPS the crap out of people.. hardly skill
I know what im doing though and my builds are designed to solo pretty much anything in PvE
so fighting against other people is not difficult
fighting against 50 people on my own though is just suicide thus the point of all this
regardless of how good my build is nobody can take on a whole mob of players
even if they can go 1 on 1 with some of the games Legendary class bosses and a large majority of Champions

im not requesting they remove map completion from WvW because WvW is difficult
im requesting it because WvW is boring and annoying content to me that has absolutely no reason to be part of the world completion since that is generally a PvE feature and WvW is not PvE

and waiting for your team to change colours is something that took me 5 months to do with my first toon as I mentioned in another post

as some have also said those on low player servers are screwed the most since they get dominated in WvW every single seasons and find completing the map almost impossible
thankfully my server is not having that issue though

the only thing difficult about WvW to me is convincing a group of 100 people to help me capture 1 PoI or Vista on the other side of the map in enemy territory
asking them to risk their lives, money and stacked buffs for my own selfish need to get 1 little PoI
not only is that difficult but it is selfish and unfair on everyone who is awesome enough to agree to do it just for me or someone else who asks

Teratus.2859

Well WvW is part of the world too so you have to live with it. If I was able to do it so can you.

So are PvP Zones and Dungeons but they don’t count

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

So they should have to transfer if their server doesn’t do WvW? WvW is something that requires more than anything just one player can do. I fail to see why it was a smart idea, especially when world transfers aren’t free.

Teratus.2859

And one more idea, move the WPs and POIs outside the walls so they could be accessed for completion without have to wait for a groups to take it.
BTW, I have 100% with 2 toons, so I have done, didn’t like it, but it’s done.

That is actually a compromise that I would be perfectly happy to live with

that way I would not need to wait months for teams to change to the colours i need
nor would I have to request 50+ people to help me take a fort etc on the other side of the map

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

You know just ask kindly in a whisper to the commander. Most of us don’t mind at least going for the needed POI/Vista to be honest. Are some gonna flame you? Sure, but don’t give up. Personally if someone asks I tell them I can try but to not expect it. For those of you who don’t know there are some extremely hard towers/keep to flip with anything short of a golem rush/massive Zerg.

Eternal Battleground:
*Red
– Overlook Keep: Most annoying keep in the game to take, generally in a tough/balanced match you’re going to either need a massive Zerg who listens or a 5+ Golem rush. Hard to take due to siege placement as coverage allowed in the keep. Best to draw out a battle over 2-5 hours while draining and pressuring it.
- Veloka Tower: One of the most difficult towers to take in the game. Generally requires the KEEP to flip first due to Treb, Balli, Cata coverage from the keep. Even with the keep flipped well placed siege can keep it very easily defended.
- Ogres Watch: Hard to flip during prime times. Easy to flip during off times generally. Treb from keep can cover its door as well as most cats spots. An additional teen inside placed well can hit all Treb and cats spots making it hat to flip with defenders.

*Blue
- Langor: Another extremely difficult tower to take. It can be covered by mortars and treble from the keep, as well as well place siege inside can insta melt rams.
- Bravost: Pretty much the same as above.

*Green
- Jerrifers: With its unique terrain and set up you have to be extremely fast to cap this tower. Jerri can be covered by numerous catas and trend from the keep as well as well placed unhurt able ACs insid the tower. Generally you flip the keep before this, but if you can get 3+ super rams up while green is up north you can cap fairly fast.
- Klovan: Same as above really, keep makes this a hard tower to cap.

Borderlands
-Garrison: most servers will insta queue a map to protect this structure. Best to try in te off hours or with at least one coordinate good guild.
-Hills: Due to terrain ACs reign here. Well placed siege can stop an assault as soon as it begins. Best to try to get this puppy on reset night or Friday pre-reset. A server can realistically hold out for hours upon hours in the lords room alone if they are smart enough.

Just a quick assessment of some harder things to flip in the maps.

Isle Of Janthir

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

I have 100% on one character and over the 96% threshold on 2 or others. That said I think there needs to be some adjustment. Mainly, it is not fair to the people who just do WvW to have a bunch of people running around getting POIs etc who are using up the available slots.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I don’t play WvW but I find myself drawn to it. It is not a big deal and only 4% of the WHOLE map completion title is in WvW.

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

If it was for a legendary, then this wouldn’t really be an issue anyway. You need the Gift of Battle for a legendary weapon, and that requires you to reach a certain world rank to purchase anyway. If you’ve got to play WvW to obtain the Gift of Battle, then getting the POI’s shouldn’t be an issue.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Teratus.2859

I have 100% on one character and over the 96% threshold on 2 or others. That said I think there needs to be some adjustment. Mainly, it is not fair to the people who just do WvW to have a bunch of people running around getting POIs etc who are using up the available slots.

I have 100% on my main toon and 99% on another but I also have 8 more Toons which I will have to do this with.. a couple which are already over 60% of the map completion
but you make the same point in that it is not fair for anyone to get WvW map completion
if you are anti WvW you are being forced into a game mode you do not like and you only feed the enemy team when you get destroyed by a mob
and if you are a WvW fan PvE players are only taking up someone elses place when they are completing the map

most of the time running around on their own and not contributing to the server
that is even more prominant when they have say 20 guild members acting as a bodyguard..

World completion in WvW maps benefits absolutely nobody
well except enemy players who are using you as a way to farm loot bags

I don’t play WvW but I find myself drawn to it. It is not a big deal and only 4% of the WHOLE map completion title is in WvW.

that is still 4% you need to get 100% world completion though..

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I wouldn’t mind if they added a lesser title (with no Gifts of Exploration).

For fully exploring PvE only, a silver star and some sort of title such a Been to a Lot of Places. Anyone who then wants the gold star, the gifts of exploration and the more prestigious title can go explore WvW. The PvE people can be content with the lesser title.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

This is neeeeever going to happen.

Just like they never removed the various arenas, FA or JQ from cartographer in GW1.

Carry on….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

If it was for a legendary, then this wouldn’t really be an issue anyway. You need the Gift of Battle for a legendary weapon, and that requires you to reach a certain world rank to purchase anyway. If you’ve got to play WvW to obtain the Gift of Battle, then getting the POI’s shouldn’t be an issue.

Here again you are assuming that everyone that wants PVE world completion wants a legendary. That can’t be true, even if I was the only one that doesn’t care about getting a legendary weapon.

I’m with the OP on this. WvW is boring and painful (in time spent) trying to get it completed.

Edit: I may have misread/understood your opening sentence. But my point remains, WvW is boring to some of us and we shouldn’t be required to do it for a PVE achievement.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

My main has been stuck at 99% world completion for a month now because I need two vistas in the red borderland (both in the keep just south of the red spawn). Over the past weeks we’ve been green three times, and now we’re blue.

Boo

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

My main has been stuck at 99% world completion for a month now because I need two vistas in the red borderland (both in the keep just south of the red spawn). Over the past weeks we’ve been green three times, and now we’re blue.

Boo

Yeah, same here. I need some “red” spots on two maps, but I’ll never get to them at this rate. I keep scanning WvW for them, but they’re never in my favor. I’ve got Eternal Battlegrounds and one borderland, but these other spots just elude me because my server gave up after Blackgate stayed at #1 for so long. :\

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Teratus.2859

Boo

That was the same problem I had with my Main last year
it took me 5 months to get the colour i needed to finish Eternal Battlegrounds
funny enough my server was stuck with green for most of that

we were green first for two rounds then we were blue then green again then after 5 months we were Red which was what I needed…

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

The only reason For you want a Map completion, is the Gift of Exploration (Used for legendarys).

If you Want a legendary, you pretty much need to play every aspect of the game. Is not something to anyone. Is something to someone that has put effor on it.

And for last, if you want to craft a legendary, you neeed rank 20 in wxw and 500 badges of honor to buy gift of battle. So, you’ll end up needing to do wxw anyway.

I don’t see a problem here.

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

What makes you think wanting map completion is only interesting to make legendaries? I for one, want map completion but am not interested in a legendary. Based on the responses of some others here, I’m not alone.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

What else do you want for 100% map completion? That medal on Log-in screen? WxW have a nice medal there too =)

Teratus.2859

The only reason For you want a Map completion, is the Gift of Exploration (Used for legendarys).

If you Want a legendary, you pretty much need to play every aspect of the game. Is not something to anyone. Is something to someone that has put effor on it.

And for last, if you want to craft a legendary, you neeed rank 20 in wxw and 500 badges of honor to buy gift of battle. So, you’ll end up needing to do wxw anyway.

I don’t see a problem here.

Honestly I just want the golden star and the counter on my character page to say 100% completion when I look at the toon
that’s it

I don’t like leaving things half finished
I have 10 characters and I plan to complete the map 100% with all of them
the gifts are of little use to me I’ll just put them in the bank with the rest of them
I have a precursor spear but only because I like the skin
I have no intention of making it into a Legendary unless I stock up the items I need through normal play
im not going to farm it because I don’t care enough to want the Legendary skin
I have thousands of Badges of Honor thanks to all my unlocked achievement chests and the little time I have spent in WvW following a zerg hoping they go to a Poi or vista I needed
not to mention the additional ones i got from the WvW Jp which I’ve done a decent bit of in the past since its a long and fun one when you are not being ambushed in the dark room by annoying thieves..

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

As it makes no sense whatsoever to have a PvP area in a largely PvE achievement, I don’t expect this to ever change. It would then be inconsistent with everything else that doesn’t make sense.

Kaz.5430

Bob, I was responding to the people assuming it was about Legendary weapons, and answering by stating that getting a Legendary should include WvW.

As I pointed out IF it was for a Legendary then it wouldn’t be an issue anyway.

As that’s the case, it’s only an issue for people who don’t want a Legendary, therefore, assuming the OP wants a Legendary is irrelevant, because if that was the case he’d also be complaining about the Gift of Battle.

Teratus.2859

Bob, I was responding to the people assuming it was about Legendary weapons, and answering by stating that getting a Legendary should include WvW.

As I pointed out IF it was for a Legendary then it wouldn’t be an issue anyway.

As that’s the case, it’s only an issue for people who don’t want a Legendary, therefore, assuming the OP wants a Legendary is irrelevant, because if that was the case he’d also be complaining about the Gift of Battle.

True although the Gift of Battle isn’t a issue for me considering how many badges I got from all the achievement chests I have unlocked.. 11, 114 points so far so that’s 21 chests I think…
well more than enough Badges for Gift If I want it

but yeah this thread would be invalid if my focus was for a legendary since you are correct about needing the badges

all im after is the World completion not the items for a legend

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

As it makes no sense whatsoever to have a PvP area in a largely PvE achievement, I don’t expect this to ever change. It would then be inconsistent with everything else that doesn’t make sense.

Requiring all portions of the map to be completed to have map completion makes perfect sense. If anything, HotM and dungeons should need to be charted as well.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

From what I’ve seen so far there’s a lot of suggestions like this one (which i agree with) which would improve the players game experience and even though they have a large majority of the support by the players they are ignored by the developers.

I honestly don’t think this game is ready to start listening to it’s player base as a whole and make game changes accordingly. The chances are more likely that it will be inserted into a large update as an original idea in a modified form.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

ANET are not forcing you to get map completion you YOURSELF are, they just force you check their different game modes.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

Kaz.5430

True although the Gift of Battle isn’t a issue for me considering how many badges I got from all the achievement chests I have unlocked.. 11, 114 points so far so that’s 21 chests I think…
well more than enough Badges for Gift If I want it

Enough to ‘buy’ them, but you need the achieve the rank before the NPC will actually sell them to you. So yes you’d have the currency required without playing WvW, but not the ability to spend it.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Like the OP, I do not care one whit about a legendary (ascended is good enough for me and I don’t care for the legendary skins) but I wanted full map completion for the gold star. At the beginning of this game I wasn’t in to WvW, but I had to go there to get the maps done. What I did was, I ran with the zerg when I found one, and got every POI and vista that the zerg ran past or encountered. There is safety in numbers, and I took advantage of this. When it got to the point where I only needed one or two things on a map to go from 99% to 100%, I kept my eye on WvW daily to see what my server owned, and when we owned an area I needed, I ran as fast as my swiftness skills would take me there to get it. I’ll never forget being in LA when someone said in map chat that we owned all of Eternal Battlegrounds, so if you needed anything for map completion, go now. I went with all my lvl 80 toons (both of them, lol) and completed EB. This was with my guardian, my main. Later, when I was leveling up my mesmer, going to WvW to get those POI’s and vistas showed me the power of invisibility, blink, and confusion. Now, WvW is so much fun to go roam with my mesmer that I make it a point to get there once a day for the dailies. I was staunchly anti-WvW (fear of getting stomped and armor repair costs) when this game launched, and now it’s a staple of my game day play.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

If you Want a legendary, you pretty much need to play every aspect of the game.

If that was true, PvP would be part of map completion as well.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

You know, just a suggestion. If you’re going for map completion over 10 toons, you should take each one and gather each vista and point of interest each time you change colors. Finish it while you’re doing map completion, not at the end.

I’m sure you were red plenty of times before that stretch of not being red. If you took one of those opportunities, you would not be having any issues.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Honestly, this is the best reason. Should have ended the thread right here.

Posted by: Drew Blood.1586

Drew Blood.1586

I am working on world completion. I have PvE 100%. I am on Anvil Rock and I seriously doubt that there are certain POIs that I will ever get.

I am not sure if I will go for a legendary or not yet.