Remove useless Items from the Game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Spider.3109

Spider.3109

By Useless i mean e.g. items whose sole purpose is to double click em. like
1) Luck – could be simply added to your account if you salvage
2) Dungeon bags ( those who reward you with cash and dungeon tokens)
3) cash bags
4) Account bound Collectible Items. E.g. spoons.
5) even Champion bags (the collection doesn’t work anyway, and you could be finally happy again if a steel chest droped^^)
All those items’ drop pool can simply be added to the chest/Mob that dropped it

Then some fractal related useless crap, whose sole purpose is to get sold/deleted…
6) Remove rings from EVERY (also PvP, WvW) drop pool if your fractal level is above 40, i actually don’t care if it gets replaced by something or not because getting a ring on 40+ fractals is always depressing (i actually do prefer nothing to a ring xD)
7) Fractal skins if you’ve already unlocked them.

It might still be that i forgot to list some useless items, but the concept should be clear^^

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Let us salvage rings for thermoreagent dustiparticles please.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If I understand it correctly the main reason for loot bags, champion bags etc. is to make loot tables take less memory and make them easier to balance.

Without them they have to add all the items that could be in the bag to every enemies loot table individually. Then to make a change they have to edit every single one of those loot tables. Even if you want to make a seemingly simple change, like making every enemy that can drop silk scraps drop them 20% of the time it can get complicated quickly. What if one of those enemies has 10 items in it’s loot table and another has 17? And a 3rd has 23? You have to adjust each one.

Whereas with loot bags you can just change the drop rate for the bag and it carries over to every enemy that drops that bag.

But it also saves space in players inventories when you’re doing something where stopping isn’t convenient. For example in WvW about 1/3 – 1/2 my loot is in champion bags, which stack up in one space. That means I can play for twice as long before I need a break to clear my inventory.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Yeah they should just add luck if you find the essences from salvaging or better yet let us right click them for an option to “use all” instead of clicking it a million times. Even if you use an artificer to condense them its still a long process for no reason.

I definitely thought this thread was going to at least list damage vs X enemy type sigils, such a wasted MF result :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I’d definitely like to see ring drops disappear in FotM. By level 40 or even 30, people should already know about rings and their function, and have already acquired enough pristine relics to make all the rings they need since pristines aren’t useful for anything else. I’d rather get nothing at all than those stupid rings; the disappointment far outweighs the silver I get from selling them anyway.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I agree entirely with the OP. What is the point of all those needless trash items that you need to open up, and click? Especially those cash bags. Just add the cash straight to my inventory! Same for the essence, just add Luck directly to my character.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I’d rather they remove things like the WvW Reward Tokens… Seriously I’ll have to keep my Tournament token leftovers in my bank (taking space) until the next WvW Tournament if I want to get another skin???

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

But then you wouldn’t buy more bags, bag slots and bank expansions.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

I definitely thought this thread was going to at least list damage vs X enemy type sigils, such a wasted MF result :/

It is kind of ironic to have such sigils in a game that does everything they can to dissuade players from ‘farming’ at a particular location

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

most loot is behind lootbags or chests – and reason for this is magicfind (it dont work on bags or chests)

Spider.3109

If I understand it correctly the main reason for loot bags, champion bags etc. is to make loot tables take less memory and make them easier to balance.

Without them they have to add all the items that could be in the bag to every enemies loot table individually…..

But it also saves space in players inventories when you’re doing something where stopping isn’t convenient.

1. You could still keep the game architecture of the Champion bags, so you have a “this champion drops this bag.” = roll in this item pool for loot System.
2. I don’t really think that the Space saving part of champion bags is so valid. Because a champion bag has usually 1 Material + 1 Weapon (+ skill scrolls which take up 1 space) and Bloodstone dust which is another problem…
The Material can be auto deposited and compared to normal loot of non champions the 1 additional weapon for a champion shouldn’t be that much of a problem (if champion loot is comparable to normal mobs’ loot in quantity something in the balance is wrong anyways^^)

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

There are MF recipes that need luck essences…also loot bags take up less space than their contents, so they are useful for a longer gaming session without having to sell/salvage.

Spider.3109

It is kind of ironic to have such sigils in a game that does everything they can to dissuade players from ‘farming’ at a particular location

That’s why I wrote that I may have forgotten some items^^, I totally agree with you. But calling +10% dmg useless wouldn’t be correct so I would have to rename the thread. It’s just an unnecessary mechanic.

Spider.3109

There are MF recipes that need luck essences…

Yep there are. But that shouldn’t be an argument. Those things can be changed…
Or you could simply keep the possibility of an artificer crafting essences of luck by reducing your account Luck.

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

There are MF recipes that need luck essences…

Yep there are. But that shouldn’t be an argument. Those things can be changed…
Or you could simply keep the possibility of an artificer crafting essences of luck by reducing your account Luck.

Changing the way a game is designed is not going to happen. That would take way too many resources that could be used to make new content.

If you’ve ever done a dungeon marathon before, you’ll understand that the bags are a blessing. I have 80 slots in my inventory and I only need to clear them after every 5-6 dungeons instead of after every 2. Its a convenience to myself and to my party/guildmates.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Changing the way a game is designed is not going to happen. That would take way too many resources that could be used to make new content.

Just one word: Mega(craps)servers.

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

That’s why I wrote that I may have forgotten some items^^, I totally agree with you. But calling +10% dmg useless wouldn’t be correct so I would have to rename the thread. It’s just an unnecessary mechanic.

It is useless because farming the same spot over and over doesn’t yield better results. Even so you don’t come across the same exact enemy type if you’re champ farming so again, its useless. Can easily put on fire or air and see a little spike here and there vs swapping weapons for a 10% against X type each time.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

No. Most of those are not useless items to most of the rest of us. I actually kind of prefer the champ bags, only because they act as a mini container in and of themselves. They only take up one slot when doing a dungeon run as opposed to 3 (at least) slots that it would take if the items were just added to your inventory.
Luck I kind of get (I don’t like having to click through them all either even when combined into the exotic one), but I get why they didn’t (so they can use it in other stuff, like the mawdrey recipes).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

For those saying the +10% damage Sigils are bad, they clearly don’t care about min-maxing for dungeons. Undead Slaying is a great choice for Arah weapon sets. Mad Scientists for CoE (swap as needed). They’re not useless. To you perhaps, but to someone they aren’t. That much is certain.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That is a ridiculous argument. They are changing the design of the game all the time. Besides, changing a crafting recipes is probably one of the easiest things in the game to change.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)