[Request]:Trading Carapace Boxes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

I spent a few days farming away for badges in silverwastes, knowing i;d never get a gloves box, but at the same time knowing the moment i bought the gloves, i WOULD get a box. and wouldnt you know it, i did. long after i unlocked the skin, i get a free pair of gloves. so I was wondering if maybe you could give us the ability to trade boxes at the merchants, a box for a box. maybe even a box for a box + a few crests. just something else other than “oh look, a level 80 rare to salvage that could have saved me 1000 crests”

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

No kidding, I have 3 glove boxes “left”… :/

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I haven’t got a box as a drop, but as I see this could become an issue for me, I do support being able to trade it in to a merchant or a vendor with a fair cost.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Being able to trade one Carapace piece of armor for another at least would be nice. This hasn’t happened to me, but I can see it being an issue for sure. ANet really needs to think ahead on these things, as it is obvious this will become a problem the more people play this type of content.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Or at the very least let us sell them for few hundred crests so we’d have a running start towards buying a different one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Pixelpumpkin.4608

After what I went through to initially complete my gloves collection, just salvaging them for possible ectos seems like such a waste. I cannot bring myself to doing it. They aren’t even forgeable. I can’t send them to friends as a gift. I can’t sell them back to vendors. I wish I wouldn’t have spent the 1000 crests in the first place – but even then I’d be left with 2 additional ones.

Plus, they still drop from the Nightmare Chest.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Open box, choose item and salvage it with a kit.
Problem solved.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Astralporing.1957

Open box, choose item and salvage it with a kit.
Problem solved.

Yeah, because it does solve

just something else other than “oh look, a level 80 rare to salvage that could have saved me 1000 crests”

oh wait.

Actions, not words.

SakuraJD.4720

See, i’m not crazy, other people want this too.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

can you not just do the living story on 3 different characters if you want each type of carapace armour?

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

SakuraJD.4720

can you not just do the living story on 3 different characters if you want each type of carapace armour?

Nope. only worked for shoulders, and leggings. which when i think about it i guess what i would like is the ability to trade the non-story ones for other non-story ones. like, gloves for boots, since i already can get the leggings. in fact, bout an hour before i posted this reply, i got a second gloves box. more useless armor.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Nope. only worked for shoulders, and leggings. which when i think about it i guess what i would like is the ability to trade the non-story ones for other non-story ones. like, gloves for boots, since i already can get the leggings. in fact, bout an hour before i posted this reply, i got a second gloves box. more useless armor.

this story just released also has a carapace piece reward.

I suspect if you’re willing to be patient, the entire carapace set will be available through living story chapters

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

I would love to able to trade in unwanted armor boxes for wanted ones.

I have gotten 2 shoulder boxes dropped after completing the collection. I would much rather be able to trade them in for boots than for the legs (a lot quicker to run the story than farm 1000 crest).

maybe even a box for a box + a few crests.

Greedy much? Box for Box is more than fair.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I suspect if you’re willing to be patient, the entire carapace set will be available through living story chapters

Unfortunately, we already know the answer to this:

• Chapter 5 released the shoulders (story reward)
  • Chapter 6 released the gloves (partial story reward)
  • Chapter 7 released the leggings (story reward) AND boots (grind only)
  • Chapter 8 will release the chest piece (probably story reward) AND helmet (probably grind only)

The chances of the boots dropping as story reward for a future chapter are near zero. They are already out.

That being said, some of the avenues of getting items are not quite clear yet. For instance: was the loot table for the Great Nightmare Chest updated to include carapace boxes other than gloves, or not? Will the PvP track be updated/be made repeatable? Etc. So there are possibilities (however small the chance) that there are/will be alternate ways to get the armor pieces – it’s just pretty much not going to be story rewards for some of them.

SakuraJD.4720

maybe even a box for a box + a few crests.

Greedy much? Box for Box is more than fair.[/quote]

No no, I mean that we pay like 250 crests plus a box to get a box. not get crests in return :p

SakuraJD.4720

I just hope I get my wish x.x

Astralporing.1957

That’s the leggings mentioned above. Only one glove box is available through the story (per account, not character), and boots aren’t available that way at all – must be bought with crests or dropped from SW chests.
That means at the moment if you want to have all weight sets of the armor, you can only get 7 (out of 12) pieces through living story. 5 must be farmed for.
If the next release follows the same pattern, we’ll end with 10 pieces from the story and 8 from farming.

Actions, not words.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

That means at the moment if you want to have all weight sets of the armor, you can only get 7 (out of 12) pieces through living story. 5 must be farmed for.

Indeed, although one pair of gloves can be obtained from the PvP reward track and the other pair of gloves has a high chance of dropping from the nightmare chest – that leaves you with just the boots to purchase, as well as Verata’s trinket for the collection, which is 4000 bandit crests in total right now.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I got a shoulder box from a lesser nightmare pod. Now I’m just saving crests and not buying any more skins until the story is over (at least) just in case I get another one for a piece I actually need. I doubt they will change this.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I think you missed the note that the next chapter is the final chapter, so no, you won’t be able to get the entire set by doing the story only – you will have to grind for the boots and most likely have to grind for the chest or helmet next chapter.

And if you want the luminescent versions? You’ll have to grind the RNG for mordrem parts, because there’s no guarantee next chapter will come with specific part extractors for the helmet and chest piece (there will be extractors for the legs and boots though, at least).

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

[…] pair of gloves has a high chance of dropping from the nightmare chest[…]

High chance my behind!

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

You told the devs what you wanted in the Reward structure thread.

You got what you wanted.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’ve bought the extra pieces I needed for the collections with badges…if I happen to get lucky and get boxes as drops that’s just free silk and possible ectos.

Astralporing.1957

You told the devs what you wanted in the Reward structure thread.

You got what you wanted.

…i’m pretty sure that the reward structure thread was generally against both heavy grind and rng based rewards. Here we have both.
You might want to revise your statement.

Actions, not words.

Pixelpumpkin.4608

High chance my behind!

RNG will be RNG.

I bought my last pair of gloves with crests. Minutes later, a glove box dropped for me. I now have 3 glove boxes too many and nothing meaningful to do with them.

SakuraJD.4720

High chance my behind!

RNG will be RNG.

I bought my last pair of gloves with crests. Minutes later, a glove box dropped for me. I now have 3 glove boxes too many and nothing meaningful to do with them.

and thats pretty much my whole point right there. even if we didnt buy them, and got lucky, we’re still getting them as drops with nothing to use them for. a simple trading interface would be great, even if we have to wait until the final chapter for it. just give us something to look forward to!

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

A trade in would be great. After many hours spent in the Silverwastes, I finally got my first armor box. It was shoulders. :/ Talk about a let down.

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

yeah and if i get a precursor drop of a legendary that i already have i want to trade it for another one with a merchant.

Its just luck , you should be happy that you can get skins in loot

SakuraJD.4720

yeah and if i get a precursor drop of a legendary that i already have i want to trade it for another one with a merchant.

thats not even remotely on the same level.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

It’s not the same. A precursor can be sold to other players that, I don’t know, might WANT them and don’t have them. These can’t.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

SakuraJD.4720

It’s not the same. A precursor can be sold to other players that, I don’t know, might WANT them and don’t have them. These can’t.

thats half of it. the other half is that the boxes have a preset value, and all the boxes have the same value. so why shouldnt we be able to trade them?

Pixelpumpkin.4608

High chance my behind!

RNG will be RNG.

and thats pretty much my whole point right there. even if we didnt buy them, and got lucky, we’re still getting them as drops with nothing to use them for. a simple trading interface would be great, even if we have to wait until the final chapter for it. just give us something to look forward to!

And I support you all the way. Preach, brother/sister!

SakuraJD.4720

High chance my behind!

RNG will be RNG.

And I support you all the way. Preach, brother/sister!

oh i know you do just hoping the other person sees what i typed too!

Astralporing.1957

You totally can. Sell one on TP, buy another with the money you got. There’s likely ton of people that got their precursors that way.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I wouldn’t mind it if Carapace Boxes could be traded, although I’m also satisfied with being able to salvage them for mats+Ectos.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Seeing as people have asked for the unidentified fossilized insects to be tradeable basically since the day Dry Top has opened and we still don’t have that, I would not hold my breath. It would be pretty nice, though.

SakuraJD.4720

Seeing as people have asked for the unidentified fossilized insects to be tradeable basically since the day Dry Top has opened and we still don’t have that, I would not hold my breath. It would be pretty nice, though.

Not my version of trading. I don’t want them tradeable between players, just at the merchant for a different box.