Resistance (Boon) Not Wanted!!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

They wouldn’t add these new things if they didn’t have plans to make it balanced. They will change which skills do what conditions and for how long to compensate for the existence of condi resist. It’ll be great and we’ll all learn new ways to play.

Attachments:

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

The other thing they’d better do is make sure that boon removal always prioritizes resistance.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Also I think with the balances they will do will make it so in the end Resistance will be Futile.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The other thing they’d better do is make sure that boon removal always prioritizes resistance.

Pretty sure aegis and stab will come first.

After that it’s a toss up. I honestly don’t feel the boon is worth stripping. Just stack your condi’s let them use is and laugh when they come out with imob/slow/fear/damage condi’s, etc…. for days.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Also I think with the balances they will do will make it so in the end Resistance will be Futile.

$10 says Necro or some other class gets this as a new Specialization ability. XD

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

pdavis.8031

$10 says Necro or some other class gets this as a new Specialization ability. XD

We still don’t know for 100% certainty that resistance will be limited to the Revenant. It could possibly be available to everyone. However building a class speciality around a single boon would not be cool at all.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

We still don’t know for 100% certainty that resistance will be limited to the Revenant. It could possibly be available to everyone. However building a class speciality around a single boon would not be cool at all.

My fault for being short and unpithy. =P

I meant I was expecting a trait/ability called Resistance Is Futile. Because kitten .

I certainly have no complaints about the boon. I suspect it will either add to or replace some of the current skills. I’m actually curious if it will prevent/break the stupid shove/KD CCs that normally only get blocked by Stability.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

pdavis.8031

I meant I was expecting a trait/ability called Resistance Is Futile. Because kitten .

I certainly have no complaints about the boon. I suspect it will either add to or replace some of the current skills. I’m actually curious if it will prevent/break the stupid shove/KD CCs that normally only get blocked by Stability.

Aaah gotcha…

Yeah someone will have failed massively while doing their job at Anet if “Resistance is Futile” isn’t made into a trait, skill, quote when using Taunt, or any type of player action.

I would certainly squeal like a school girl everytime my necro cried out “Resistance is Futile!!” while I boon strip that sucker right off, and over load them with condis.

recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Pretty sure aegis and stab will come first.

For necromancer it isn’t. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necro-Boon-Removal-Priorities/4252200 shows you which boons are removed by whitch skill. I do hope that for the necromancer boon removal, resistance will be first since every removal skill applies conditions on the foe.

EverythingOP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There’s only one kind of person that could be against Resistance:

- Skill-less condition spammers.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It won’t prevent those since CCs are not conditions except for Fear.

pdavis.8031

There’s only one kind of person that could be against Resistance:

- Skill-less condition spammers.

Agreed. Although I am a condition spammer, I wouldn’t say I am exactly skill-less…
Kiting is an art form.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Frankly it would make my day if you were to actually rage-quit over this and give me all your valuables. But of course you have no intention of doing that, you just came here to whine about something you haven’t even seen in action yet.

You don’t have to believe me, but I regularly solo camps, clear the allies, etc. as a condi necro with rabid gear. Haven’t had a chance to solo a tower yet, but with the amounts of blinds available it certainly is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Lol Any person with half a brain and can dodge can easily cap camps lol…..
I have capped towers solo, soloed fully upgraded camps with my thief so… Yeah try doing that with a condi necro, lets see how far us condimancer get, BTW soloing towers I also mean you as a condimancer ramming the gate (gate or wall at full repair, maybe dealing with a few opposing player 1/2 and having to deal with tower lord’s knock backs… Lol necro with little stability and well blinds Goodluck Xddd……

Done that with my full rabid necromancer, soloed towers, fully upgraded camps and even a tower as well. Isn’t impossible, just takes a little longer to stack the bleeding but if you keep the npc’s cc’ed with fear and the golem’s rush, won’t have a problem and they will die pretty soon once the bleed reaches the max tick. About the knockback from the champ, it can be dodged easily since the animation have a huge telling.

One or two defenders? Shouldn’t be much of a problem if you know where and how to attack as well as which one of the npc’s you want to pull or avoid during the fight. Unless the player can’t take a 2v1 fight which can be build based or a l2p issue.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

I as condi user/player am actually glad that they made it like this, less people who are crying about condi and it makes fighting still interesting and hopefully people might consider useing sinister or carrion now.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

My full-rabid condimancer isn’t even a tiny bit concerned. The effect is in the game now and we have a pretty good idea how highly ArenaNet rates having it. It’s not going to be as common or have uptime like regen. Its going to (continue to) be a high-order oh-crap button.

After HoT hits I’ll be able to strip it. That’s my circumstances getting better, not worse.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

pdavis.8031

My full-rabid condimancer isn’t even a tiny bit concerned. The effect is in the game now and we have a pretty good idea how highly ArenaNet rates having it. It’s not going to be as common or have uptime like regen. Its going to (continue to) be a high-order oh-crap button.

After HoT hits I’ll be able to strip it. That’s my circumstances getting better, not worse.

Pretty much. It will have some effect certainly, but not enough to make it completly break condi builds. People are over reacting as usual.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I like the sounds of Resistance. A boon that can be striped and that temporarily renders conditions useless without removing them. Much better than an immunity that prevents further applications. At least with Resistance you can continue stacking your condis on them.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The only thing I worry about with Resistance is that it’s yet another way to safe stomp Necros. I hope Necro downed state gets a buff to help compensate.

Otherwise, I think it’s a great addition assuming current blanket condition immunities get altered to use it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The important thing to remember (They even said it in the article) is that resistance is an effect that already exists in the game, by making it a boon they’re making it strippable and counterable.

This is a nerf to the effect, which makes them able to make it more common.

No it’s not, this effect appears nowhere in game. The closest thing to it is Berserker Stance, but that prevents conditions from being applied, it does NOT allow them to tick without doing any damage.

That said, I’m okay with this boon, we have weakness after all, a condition that mitigates power damage by 50% and prevents dodging. I do bet we are going to see it nerfed below 100% condidamage mitigation eventually though, but only time will tell.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Isn’t the time to complain about this Boon some X days after it’s actually in use and is properly evaluated?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Resistence is basically was Engineer auto immune response was.

Bet we see auto immune response changed to “x seconds of Resistence.”. This is a buff compared to what auto immune response is today but allows for counter play.

A good change if it happens and I think it will.

I expect something similar to happen to diamond skin.

I am slightly worried there might exist a skill (maintain this buff to keep up Resistence, cost 1-2 pips of energy). But even that has counter play if cast times are long enough as the Resistence can be stripped.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

OP you should be happy if resistance is used to rework mechanics that have little to no counter play (outside of revenant). There are a few immunities out there that force condition based classes to sit on their hands, but resistance can potentially cut down on this while allowing anet to be more generous with it’s distribution.

however, if anet leaves these immunities intact while introducing this new boon, then you should be up in arms.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

People have been asking for ways of “blocking” conditions as WvW roamers for ages. This is a fair compromise, IMO, especially with the big hit that direct damage players took from the ferocity change. I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

you know that actually pvp meta now is condi heavy right?

Posted by: SuicideFall.3697

SuicideFall.3697

This is ridiculous for a BOON!! This is on par with 30/40’s cd utility skills and will take just that to counter it. This will only further push the power meta. Making a boon! able to completely mitigate a builds damage.

I could understand if they introduced a boon that reduced condition duration or the % of damage it applied but to completely remove its affect is ridiculous. They just nerfed might for being overpowered, what the hell do they think this is going to be. Even if the duration is short, most conditions dont have long durations anyway.

Even if somehow they manage to balance this boon, i cant help but think that it will ruin build variety in the game. What about all other classes than necro that don’t have viable boon strip but still want to run condition or hybrid?
Boon’s shouldn’t have such effect’s on the game, they’re boons not skills.

And for people complaining about the current state of conditions, they’re not op, you just need to know how to play around them and learn when you can or cant win a battle. In the same way that you wouldn’t try to kill a ranger from range you don’t try to kill a condi necro on a class with limited cleanse.

(edited by SuicideFall.3697)

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Finlay they fixing the endless conditions spam from tank dire gear,they have way to much damage and to much survivability just hope this buff will help power roamers a bit.

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Finlay they fixing the endless conditions spam from tank dire gear,they have way to much damage and to much survivability just hope this buff will help power roamers a bit.

Um just saying but the damage of dire and soldier are quite close to each other if you decide to properly prepare against them (in other words take the -40% condition duration food).

EverythingOP

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Yes, I want this, a lot. Just because a lot of condition stuff is useless, it doesn’t mean that the few insane builds or constant crowd control spam need to be left to run rampant. I’m all for fixing conditions in general, and this is part of that. Besides, it’s a boon – just rip it off.

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

the only question I have to ask about these new “boons” is

does it affect me in PvE ? if not I do not care

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

condition is cancer in pvp and should be removed completely

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

condition is cancer in pvp and should be removed completely

Because we wouldn’t want there to be any tough decisions about how to attack or what to guard against.

One dimensional conflict is far more dangerous to the health of the game.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: SuicideFall.3697

SuicideFall.3697

Thought i’d mention one more thing. ‘Slow’ another new effect is being added as the counter or opposite of quickness. Why is resistance not -33% condition damage, the opposite of Protection. I still cannot understand how they think adding a boon that negates one half of the games damage sources is ok.