Rime-Rimmed Mariner's Rebreather

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: McNinja.5417

McNinja.5417

Does this item still exist in-game? I’ve been trying to get it by plowing through Giant Wintersday bags, but so far no luck.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

You had to complete the Wintersday pvp reward track to acquire it. I do not think there is any other way to acquire it since the reward track is no longer available.

Posted by: barnabas j collins.2306

barnabas j collins.2306

I got 2 from giant winter’s day gifts

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I opened countless stacks of gifts during Wintersday, and I only got one. I’m actually surprised I got one, considering the RNG chances in this game for rare items. Haven’t opened any gifts since though. Considering the snowflake MF recipe, it is probably still in the loot table.

EDIT: Wiki says yes.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giant_Wintersday_Gift

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

According to this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giant_Wintersday_Gift/research

The drop rate is extremely low. We don’t have enough drop research for an actual number, but in the above table you see a single aquabreather drop from over 12.000 Wintersday Gifts.

If it was a guaranteed drop, we’d be looking at 720 gold right there.

Since there’s (sadly) not much use for an exotic aquabreather anyway, I think it is best to wait for next Wintersday and/or the Deep Sea Dragon expansion.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yeah the drop rate from bags is insane. Not sure why it was quite as bad as it was mind you considering the backlash from the halloween mini pet…

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Yeah the drop rate from bags is insane. Not sure why it was quite as bad as it was mind you considering the backlash from the halloween mini pet…

Yeah but with the aquabreather we had an alternative – the PvP reward track dropped it reliably. So it was sort of okay.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yeah but with the aquabreather we had an alternative – the PvP reward track dropped it reliably. So it was sort of okay.

Actually, that’s true. I always overlook that as I don’t pvp, but yes, that actually is a pretty decent alternative way to get things with the new track system

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Actually, that’s true. I always overlook that as I don’t pvp, but yes, that actually is a pretty decent alternative way to get things with the new track system

Even if you don’t PvP: You can cheese out your PvP dailies in one of the “dailies” custom servers. Put the resulting PvP bonus potions in your bank. It takes almost exactly 2 weeks to save up 80 potions – that is enough to instantly finish a future reward track.

So when the next temporary reward track is added, you don’t have to make time for PvP, just insta-finish it.

Posted by: McNinja.5417

McNinja.5417

I’ve gotten probably 20 or so Legendary Lucks our of about 8000 bags. No Rebreather yet. I really wish Anet would just make one not account bound so I can just buy from the TP.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Yup, a nice item trashed by the horrid system to obtain it. Least they could do is introduce the Reward Tracks a couple of times a year. There’s plenty of Christmas in July type sales, etc. No reason why not to really.

The best idea s to make it account bound! There’s several account bound exotics to warrant this item being one too.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I did the PvP reward track to get mine, and ended up getting the medium armor one when I should have gotten the heavy armor. lol

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

In PvP was 100% of chance to get it by reward track. I farmed 4 of them. You should did the same.

Subdrop
SA Guardian