Rollback on changes ETA?

Rollback on changes ETA?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Monad.7210

Monad.7210

As much as wed like to see a rollback, it will never happen. There is no way a company would voluntarily admit to the gigantic mistake theyve made and let itself go of any respect and value it held. No, they (and we….if we choose) will go through with it, whatever the cost.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

voluntarily admit to the gigantic mistake theyve made and let itself go of any respect and value it held..

I know that it’s not the whole player base that desires a rollback or a re-work on the introduced features so it’d be overrated to say all in general, but I think that sometimes a step back and admitting an error doesn’t mean you’re humiliating yourself, but that you’re actually doing the right thing. You never know how many of the players would applaud ANet for doing this, I personally will if they have the courage to stand up and say “Hey, we kittened up a few things, we will figure out a way to fix it, meanwhile we will add the stuff you guys enjoy.”

^ Still, very very hard to please everyone, it always has to be the majority of players.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Has there ever been a patch/feature that has been this hated by the community? The closest I can think of is ascended

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Just because there are threads here that say they are unhappy with the changes does not mean a majority of the players dislike them. The forums does not represent the majority of the players.

I have been playing this game for 2yrs and I LOVE these changes.

People should not try to speak for others.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Just because there are threads here that say they are unhappy with the changes does not mean a majority of the players dislike them. The forums does not represent the majority of the players.

I love when people say this like the forums are not at all a representative sample of the game.

I’m sure there are dozens of players who like this update who don’t post on the forums…

BUT I am also sure there are hundreds of players who quit the game because of this update who don’t post on the forums…

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

The standard complaints about this game usually involve the open world being way too easy. It’s much easier with everything unlocked. But you can still pretty much 1 your way through everything if that’s what you want to do and you know how to kite.

Breaking News: All weapon skill get removed to make the game more challenging!
Seriously, that’s a stupid answer. Making the game more challenging by cutting the ability of the player to react properly to certain situations?

I love how people take one paragraph out of a whole respond and then try to claim the answer is stupid. Totally out of context.

I’m not saying it’s better because it’s more challenging. I’m saying that the complaints about it being harder are quite silly to me. At least to me it wasn’t much harder at all. It’s all the other stuff that makes the change good for me.

I wish people would see the forest instead of the leaves sometimes.

Remind me to poke a friend who isn’t still sore about City of Heroes about starting up a new account and I’ll have to run an experiment how long before they decide to crawl back to WoW.

That’d be interesting, seeing how a real new person goes.

Well, I already found 7 new players completely confused (they started just before the patch from what they told me) as to why the suddenly could not interact with a skill point.

A friend of mine who started playing a day or so prior is absolutely disgusted by the changes, she much preferred the old system.

And Vayne, I’m sorry, but I can possibly believe you’d be foolish enough to support this. It teaches new players nothing, it improves nothing for them, and it just makes everything so much more tedious.

That video was dripping with sarcasm yes, but he also made nothing up. He said it exactly as it was and you’d be a blind fool not to admit that.

How about you find 7 players that started after the update and see what they think, since that was the point of that conversation.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Has there ever been a patch/feature that has been this hated by the community? The closest I can think of is ascended

Tbh, I think this is going to go well beyond ascended gear.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Just an honest question, if the forums don’t represent the majority of players then tell me why we should bother posting here or participating in a CDI? Are you sating that’s all pointless?

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

The ascended update atleast didn’t locked anything away from us.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Fractured.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

What I really want to see is the metrics on people staying and leaving after this patch.

• Completely new players.
  • Players currently in lower levels.
  • Veterans.

All I want to know if people buying the game and starting it really deserve as much respect as the new changes imply. Unfortunately, we’ll never see true data on this… unless in some miraculous way the changes get rolled back in a month or so, which would clearly show that dumbing down the game had a fast undesirable effect. And unfortunately again, the real effect will most likely be postponed till a later stage, when the game will be craving for loyal paying veterans but instead would have them washed out and the only ones staying would be young children with zero dollars to spend and zero attention to the game past lvl 80 personal story.

20 level 80s and counting.

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

Guys, you all know we can’t really tell what the majority wants, right? Only ANet has data on how many active players there are and how many of them post on the forums. Saying “Yea, everyone on the forums is against the change, but everyone who doesn’t post approves of it” is just as kittenaying the same thing the other way around.

It’s a fact however that those are the official forums and the way to communicate with the developers of the game and what we see here represents the player base.

Cloud of Sparrows

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

These threads have thousands of views and almost every post is negative. MAP CHAT is full of negative comments with the occasional hyper-casual that “doesn’t mind the changes” or tries to white knight for ANet.

The fact of the matter is that this patch is for the most part an ABYSMAL FAILURE.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

@ Vayne:
I’m sorry, but I have to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
That is what you are defending.

(It’s not my video, I just found it on reddit and it might show… some problems with the new system)

This doesn’t “do anything” to me. I’m not sure why you think it could. Let’s see, a guy with a nice voice, who is dripping with sarcasm tries to make a patch look stupid with opinions. I’m not quite through with it yet, but at least some of it I have to question immediately. Like not being able to die in the tutorial instance. That’s not knew because I’ve known about that for like a year. Except that the video is attributing it to this patch. So, if you don’t have your facts correct to start with, why should I believe the rest of it?

The reason I think they did that is because there are no waypoints in the tutorial, btw.

All this does is show me a guy who doesn’t get it.

To be sure not every single change is going to be perfect. I don’t think that the elite needs to be held off until 40, but the truth is, it makes very very little difference in the game to me. Very little.

But all the little things I’m getting while getting up to forty make a quite nice difference in the game for me.

So what made you think that video would affect me at all?

He doesn’t have to make the patch look stupid, the patch is stupid. Plain and simple.

I could render opinions as facts too, if I wanted to…but it doesn’t make them facts. I don’t think the patch is stupid. But that’s just my opinion. You’re entitled to yours.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Actually they may very well care what players think. But some players don’t think the changes are bad and I’m one of them. I didn’t like the initial trait changes, and think they need work. But this recent change is better for me as an altoholic.

OP, you might not understand why, but I wouldn’t want to go back to how it was. I prefer this current method (though the trait system still needs serious adjustment).

I love the collection changes…I just wish that there were precursors at the end of a monumental effort instead of exotics…

The new leveling system? It’s received widespread negativity. The only decent part is the cohesive story chapters, and even that is arguable.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

This is worse imo. There were some mixed voice about ascended. This time…..

I think this change is ridiculous because the leveling experience is probably what gw2 did best compare to other games. What is lacking is the end game. They now ruined it.

Rollback on changes ETA?

HHR LostProphet.4801

@ Vayne:
I’m sorry, but I have to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
That is what you are defending.

(It’s not my video, I just found it on reddit and it might show… some problems with the new system)

This doesn’t “do anything” to me. I’m not sure why you think it could. Let’s see, a guy with a nice voice, who is dripping with sarcasm tries to make a patch look stupid with opinions. I’m not quite through with it yet, but at least some of it I have to question immediately. Like not being able to die in the tutorial instance. That’s not knew because I’ve known about that for like a year. Except that the video is attributing it to this patch. So, if you don’t have your facts correct to start with, why should I believe the rest of it?

The reason I think they did that is because there are no waypoints in the tutorial, btw.

All this does is show me a guy who doesn’t get it.

To be sure not every single change is going to be perfect. I don’t think that the elite needs to be held off until 40, but the truth is, it makes very very little difference in the game to me. Very little.

But all the little things I’m getting while getting up to forty make a quite nice difference in the game for me.

So what made you think that video would affect me at all?

He doesn’t have to make the patch look stupid, the patch is stupid. Plain and simple.

I could render opinions as facts too, if I wanted to…but it doesn’t make them facts. I don’t think the patch is stupid. But that’s just my opinion. You’re entitled to yours.

So, opinions you say…

I’m convinced the sense of progression and it is a sense of progression is better than how it was, and I’m convinced long term it’ll probably be better for most players, even though at the beginning, it definitely won’t feel that way to everyone. Because people get used to A and think they A is how it has to be.

Sounds like an opinion to me.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Vayne.8563

The standard complaints about this game usually involve the open world being way too easy. It’s much easier with everything unlocked. But you can still pretty much 1 your way through everything if that’s what you want to do and you know how to kite.

Seriously, that’s a stupid answer. Making the game more challenging by cutting the ability of the player to react properly to certain situations?

I love how people take one paragraph out of a whole respond and then try to claim the answer is stupid. Totally out of context.

I’m not saying it’s better because it’s more challenging. I’m saying that the complaints about it being harder are quite silly to me. At least to me it wasn’t much harder at all. It’s all the other stuff that makes the change good for me.

Remind me to poke a friend who isn’t still sore about City of Heroes about starting up a new account and I’ll have to run an experiment how long before they decide to crawl back to WoW.

Well, I already found 7 new players completely confused (they started just before the patch from what they told me) as to why the suddenly could not interact with a skill point.

A friend of mine who started playing a day or so prior is absolutely disgusted by the changes, she much preferred the old system.

And Vayne, I’m sorry, but I can possibly believe you’d be foolish enough to support this. It teaches new players nothing, it improves nothing for them, and it just makes everything so much more tedious.

That video was dripping with sarcasm yes, but he also made nothing up. He said it exactly as it was and you’d be a blind fool not to admit that.

Hey may not have made anything up, but he definitely got something wrong. You couldn’t die in the tutorial a year ago. Nothing to do with today’s patch.

Also not sure what he was going on about camera angles, I don’t think those were changed in this patch.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Celestina.2894

How about you find 7 players that started after the update and see what they think, since that was the point of that conversation.

Common sense dictates it’s best to have the opinions of a new player from before and after so they have (some) knowledge of both version.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Just an honest question, if the forums don’t represent the majority of players then tell me why we should bother posting here or participating in a CDI? Are you sating that’s all pointless?

So someone who started just before the patch doesn’t count as a “real new” player?

The hell are you to say that?

For gods sake, in terms of starting after the update. People with no experience with the game at all. How hard is that to understand? I’m not diminishing the experience and opinions who started playing a few days ago. The interest is in what people who might start today think.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

[quote=4385902;Vayne.8563:]

Rollback on changes ETA?

Zavve.8205

My problem is when people talk as if they speak for everyone.

Of course the forums are an important part of the community’s feelings(I never said it wasn’t) but neither of us can just assume a majority of the players like or dislike the new update.

Yes, there are forum posts and people ingame saying they dislike the update, but unless you have actual numbers, none of us really knows what most people think.

But hey, since I am outnumbered in this thread, I guess my opinion just does not count then.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Lilith Ajit.6173

Of course the forums are an important part of the community’s feelings(I never said it wasn’t) but neither of us can just assume a majority of the players like or dislike the new update.

Yes, there are forum posts and people ingame saying they dislike the update, but unless you have actual numbers, none of us really knows what most people think.

But hey, since I am outnumbered in this thread, I guess my opinion just does not count then.

It counts.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

welcome to the forums, where everyone speaks for everyone, whether you want them to or not.

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

It counts.

This thread just became legit since Lilith’s asura is on it.

Cloud of Sparrows

Rollback on changes ETA?

Lilith Ajit.6173

It counts.

We’re on opposite sides of this but I’ll love you forever <3

[ARES]

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

It counts.

I’ll still share cake with you

PS: The fact that we don’t share the same point of view on matters doesn’t make us enemies last time I checked, lol. Too bad many people get that impression :<

Cloud of Sparrows

Rollback on changes ETA?

Lilith Ajit.6173

It counts.

PS: The fact that we don’t share the same point of view on matters doesn’t make us enemies last time I checked, lol. Too bad many people get that impression :<

Entirely agree. I wish more people would get that ^^

Attachments:

[ARES]

Rollback on changes ETA?

HHR LostProphet.4801

It counts.

Round 2. Fight!

Rollback on changes ETA?

Zavve.8205

It counts.

<3

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

You completely misinterpreted my sarcasm, which is understandable. I’m laughing at all the hypocrisy regarding how to take the forum opinions. All we ever see is that these forums don’t represent the majority and that’s straight out or Anet employees, then they come here to solicit feedback through things like CDIs? Why do these things if they have no real merit and don’t represent the pulse of the players? You can’t have the argument work for you and against, it is confusing players and this is the major problem.

I’ve suggested multiple times a better forum for getting true game data feedback on certain items would be in game polls, at least there they can establish a true majority.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

George RR Martin would fix this issue faster than anyone else could. Please consider hiring him.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

After watching Magickal Mike’s video, who totally echoed my confusion over levelling in this game, I’ve decided to stick around so I can teach my 3 yr old grandson the game. I’m thinking he might be ready

This patch was quite insulting to the intelligence of any player population. GW2 is (and 100 times moreso now) one of the easiest MMO’s out there. If I a friggin senior citizen, grandma who never played a game other than Spyro or Crash Bandicoot on the PS, could figure out easily enough how to play 21 months ago on her own. Bah!

From experience they will not rollback the changes nor even acknowledge that problems or player dissatisfaction exists. Look at the 4/15/14 patch, took them over 4 months to say anything to the Forums.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

“It caters to newbies. Apparently anet wants to cater to those newbies because adding 4 more skills per weapons is very overwhelming to grasp. :P ”

I feel like if picking up a bucket to water the plants and picking up food to give to a cow is so easy that people who not be able to understand how to that would also not understand how to breath.

Maybe Anet thinks that people who are so ‘genius’ that they don’t know how pick up a bucket might be also so ’ genius’ to spend a lot of money on the cash-shop. I do sort of see that link to be honest.

But on a more serious note. I do understand that Anet might want to make the leveling feel more like a progression and more rewarding all up to level 80. Before it was progression to level 30 and after that is was more of the same. That said, I don’t think they did do it correctly.

The way skill unlocks work was good. I have seen many complains about many thinks on this forum. Many of those have never been addressed. But this thing that has no complains and get redone. Killing mobs (like in the PS start) is now pressing 1.. once. That’s just nonsense. 5 to 10 skills is already very limited so they should not have limit that even more.

Also things like the hearth I talked about before.. really? You could learn a baby how to do that and it was one of the more fun (while extremely basic) hearth. Now it’s just pressing F. I just don’t understand why they would do that. Also not being able to activate skill challenges because Anet does not consider you high enough level. (I usually do stuff a few level higher) And if your character dies so what? Then he dies. That is also learning!

Now downstate until level 5 I could understand and would not be that big of a problem but most of these changes make no good sense really.

@Vayne
So summarized: Before it was not so good but now it’s good and it’s also good that they looked to other mmo’s as an example. Also before they had problems getting new players because it was not good, but now that might become better.

I wonder in how many older post of you, you did say the opposite of this and you basically render invalid because of this. Having just one skill is boring no matter if you don’t ‘need’ more.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

ahahahahahaha!!!! Between OP spanking Anet really hard, the reddit threads and the magic mike video this has to be the funniest patch ever. How in the world did this go live? Without considering bugs or other problems, what happened Anet? lol.

Rollback on changes ETA?

HHR LostProphet.4801

ahahahahahaha!!!! Between OP spanking Anet really hard, the reddit threads and the magic mike video this has to be the funniest patch ever. How in the world did this go live? Without considering bugs or other problems, what happened Anet? lol.

It’s rather funny indeed. Knowing that this will be most likely not reverted is not that funny tho’.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: CeruleanRevolver.6085

CeruleanRevolver.6085

There’s no way, a person could miss the newly introduced Arah pt2 bug.

I can explain this!

I had a similar incident in one of my old projects. We were working on project B, an older project A, has been launched to the mass. However while running some programming tests for project B, Yours Truly had made some changes to fix some issues for project B, completely unaware that it was linked to project A and had cause some of project A’s stuff to break.

No one knew because everyone was working on project B. Let’s just say lols happened after.

So yeah, stuff happens.

Anyway, I think these changes should be asked from a perspective of a completely new player after the patch. I think those who at most reached their very first level 5 can also be polled in. As veterans we are already so used to a system that we’re familiar with, the changes may not be our taste. Had this been launched at headstart, I don’t think anyone could tell the difference.

So long as Anet sticks to their word that this would be a no sub-fee game and not holding a gun to my head to play, I got no issues for these changes.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Man sometimes I feel bad for Vayne lol, …bashed for opinions, but that is gw2 forums for you lol… no offense buddy but you literally think 99% of the changes anet has been making have been absolutely amazing changes and think they can do no wrong and this game is absolutely going in the right direction…PLENTY of ppl are not on the same boat as you here..
Hate to break it to you but numbers don’t lie…this games playerbase (speaking NA+EU here) has been dwindling at a solid rate… something that a 2 year old MMO should not be doing… it should be peaking, not decreasing…unfortuntely, this games concurrent playerbase already peaked over a year ago and has dropped since… you can say prove it, well I would if anet actually had a pair to release their recent concurrent average playerbase number, so this is based of solid speculation of recent events and updates

Anet’s focus on stuff that is not veteran related content (endgame..) is severly concerning… all this stuff has been aimed at bringing in new players that are TOTALLY NEW to MMOs in general… what? what makes you think new MMO players want to play this game because they feel good progressed 1-80 than when they hit 80 they realize, welp, progressions basically dead, time to move on to a new MMO…..
Most ppl in this game and recently joining this game have played MMOs before… you know what keeps an MMO alive? a sense a progression even after hundreds of hours of playing… not because you feel progression the first couple hours in the early stages lol… No real gamer is going to stop playing this game if they didn’t feel progression in the freaking early stages…

MMOs are about endgame, period. That’s why people play them. PvP (small and large scale) and difficult PvE content with a sense of progression (regardless of horizontal/vertical) is what makes an MMO last long.
Anet has pretty much abandoned all forms of major PvP development, that much I can speculate…everything has been minor.. all these feature packs have been nice little QoL updates, but if you honestly believe this game will last long without an actual CONTENT patch (not LS related, no one is flooding to play this game because of a cheesy story), than you are the most optismitic guy I’ve met lol…

Unfortunately, I’m a bit more of a realist… and theres no way this game (or any MMO for that matter) will hold up without an actual big CONTENT patch

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

ANet doesn’t do “Rollback”.

They could do update over the update, but never a rollback.

Things go sedimentary here. Always building up on the old stuff.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Jacobbs.9468

Jacobbs.9468

Actually they may very well care what players think. But some players don’t think the changes are bad and I’m one of them. I didn’t like the initial trait changes, and think they need work. But this recent change is better for me as an altoholic.

OP, you might not understand why, but I wouldn’t want to go back to how it was. I prefer this current method (though the trait system still needs serious adjustment).

you like it because you are a collector, and like reinforcement for goals. They could have appeased you without alienating so many others though.

Actually my favorite part of the new patch so far is the new leveling experience, not the collections.

Locking weapon skills behind levels seems arbitrary. While the old system of unlocking weapon skills as you used the weapon was also fairly tedious, it made sense and I could get it done as I wanted.

There are some changes that make sense. The downed mechanic, for example, was confusing for new players – but removing it entirely was not a good idea, imo. Rather, there needs to simply be a better tutorial system where players are walked through the game mechanics.

In my head, it seems the time to revamp the story and leveling experience would have been better spent on developing new tutorial content (perhaps an intervening instance after the first story instance) that took the time to show players these mechanics. For example, the new “dodge” tutorial could have been combined with a downed tutorial, as well as an explanation of class/racial skills, the resurrection and way point systems. To save on asset creation, this could have taken place in “The Mists” so that all race/class combinations could have used the same instance. However, this would have been more time on the clock for ANet to pay for. Ultimately, how they approached the change was lazy and not forward thinking; it leaves the new experience barely any better than it was without any strong improvements.

(edited by Jacobbs.9468)

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

Getting rewards while leveling up is pretty cool.

As for the complete dumbing down of gameplay for lower level characters… what new player base do they think they have?

a) Toddlers
b) People who never played a game in their life
c) Had an unfortunate accident and their IQ got hindered
d) Are squishy little things in need of the utmost protection

I’d absolutely hate to be a lower lever character with this extremely paternalizing way to deal with new players.

Anet, keep the rewards on leveling up and put everything else back (with new chars) until something truly good comes out from your improvement efforts. This particular feature is just awful.

This reminds me of the “Our Time is Now” trailer. An utterly strange and disconnected way to reach the player base. But, no worries, no one is perfect. I know that they can do better with hindsight and with the acute amount of feedback they’re getting on this. I just hope that they can fix this swiftly.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Lucifers Heaven.2167

Lucifers Heaven.2167

You completely misinterpreted my sarcasm, which is understandable. I’m laughing at all the hypocrisy regarding how to take the forum opinions. All we ever see is that these forums don’t represent the majority and that’s straight out or Anet employees, then they come here to solicit feedback through things like CDIs? Why do these things if they have no real merit and don’t represent the pulse of the players?

I’ve suggested multiple times a better forum for getting true game data feedback on certain items would be in game polls, at least there they can establish a true majority.

You are erroneously conflating majority opinion with ability to possibly make a good suggestion. CDI and forums “not representing the majority of players” are entirely unrelated. The CDIs are not about getting us to fix or change or improve the game as representatives of the majority. They are about brainstorming for cool and interesting ideas.
We merely share and discuss these ideas, ANet judge them and pick the ones they like/want/think will be good. We don’t vote the ideas in or anything.
Ideas should be judged on their merits, not the merits of the people who come up with them, so getting a whole bunch of randoms, most with a pretty solid working knowledge of at least part of the game is a great way to source ideas.

We provide ideas, they use them for inspiration, or not, as they choose. It’s really that simple.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

I’m loving the new leveling rewards and I’m actually excited (created 2 alts since yesterday) to see what is the next reward.

I’m motivated to level up now,it actually feels like a whole new experience,and I’m loving it (:

So,yes,I’m against the rollback.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Vayne.8563

@Vayne
So summarized: Before it was not so good but now it’s good and it’s also good that they looked to other mmo’s as an example. Also before they had problem getting new players because it was not good, but now that might become better.

I wonder in how many older post of you, you did say the opposite of this and you basically render invalid because of this. Having just one skill is boring no matter if you don’t ‘need’ more.

I’ve been talking about need tutorials and this game teaching the game poorly for a long long time. I’ve certainly posted about it.

Now I didn’t post that we need exactly what Anet has done here, but I know people in real life who simply don’t have the…freedom of thought to play a game that doesn’t lead you around by the nose. Or rather, they probably could if the game started off more like other games and gradually evolved into something more, taking them along with it.

I had a guildie from Guild Wars 1. Guild War 1, no matter how good it was, was a linear game. He plays DDO but I can’t get him over here. If you don’t give him something to do that’s what he does next, he doesn’t get it. He doesn’t want to think. But he’s not the only one.

I’ve said all along this game is different and many who come here “don’t get it”. They come from other games and have other expectations, try this game and think, screw this, and walk away. If you haven’t seen me say this, you haven’t been paying attention.

I think this patch isn’t perfect, but it’s better than it was. And yes, I’ve been saying this game does a bad job of communicating itself to players for a long time.

Anet also has a bad track record of communicating with players.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Celestina.2894

I’m loving the new leveling rewards and I’m actually excited (created 2 alts since yesterday) to see what is the next reward.

I’m motivated to level up now,it actually feels like a whole new experience,and I’m loving it (:

Tbh, I don’t think it’s the rewards people have an issue with, that is a good change.

What is stupid and completely insulting is Anet thinking we need to wait till 40 for a full skill bar, or new player’s would not be able to comprehend it. Not to mention the other level gates now in place.

If they absolutely refuse to change this, we should be given the option of this new version, or the old version (with gear rewards for leveling) upon creating a character.

Rollback on changes ETA?

Vayne.8563

Man sometimes I feel bad for Vayne lol, …bashed for opinions, but that is gw2 forums for you lol… no offense buddy but you literally think 99% of the changes anet has been making have been absolutely amazing changes and think they can do no wrong and this game is absolutely going in the right direction…PLENTY of ppl are not on the same boat as you here..

You’re not alone. Today I feel bad for Vayne too. lol

But no, I don’t think everything Anet has done is perfect. I don’t think this patch is close to perfect. But the errors I see in the patch are different than the errors others see, and with all the bruhaha going on, whatever I say would be lost in a sea of complaints anyway so I just use the bug report feature.

Minis need to be grouped in sets, so people can figure out what they need for what achievements, and you need to be able to mouse over the trading post to see if you have the mini or not, which you currently can’t do.

I don’t like the whole black lion collection thing very much at all.

The achievement panel is terribad now. The general tab is a jumble of things that’s extremely disorganized.

And not all of the changes to the leveling experience are perfect….it’s just better than it was for me.

My favorite changes are the fact that you get the story segments all at once, so it’s contiguous and the better rewards for each level. I like a lot of the tutorial stuff too. I’m basically young at hard. If something goes ping and I get to click on it and it shows me cool stuff, it keeps me happy.

That doesn’t mean the new system doesn’t need adjustments, because it does. But that’s true with most systems released in games these days. They need tweaking.

But since the overall sentiment is so toxic, I try to remain the voice of reason.

You did notice I didn’t like, and was vocally against the way the trait update was handled, didn’t you?

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Do my ears deceive me? did you actually espouse a less than flattering opinion towards Anet.

Game is simple ,understandable by the feeblest of neophytes such as myself and I’m an old, old woman. Two simple “hints” could have been put in by Anet 1. /wiki and 2. youtube.com, which would have avoided this travesty of patches. Agreed the game’s tutorial system is abysmal. Dollars to donuts, my 3 yr. old grandson will get it, and he’ll love all the shinies for levelling.

I guess the grownups can go play FF xiv (where there are 30 weapon skills) or other such games.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Rollback on changes ETA?

Vayne.8563

Tbh, I don’t think it’s the rewards people have an issue with, that is a good change.

What is stupid and completely insulting is Anet thinking we need to wait till 40 for a full skill bar, or new player’s would not be able to comprehend it. Not to mention the other level gates now in place.

If they absolutely refuse to change this, we should be given the option of this new version, or the old version (with gear rewards for leveling) upon creating a character.

I agree that the change to the unlocking was taken too far. I like the idea, and it needs adjustment, but it’s too long between unlocks. I think it’s pretty important to have an elite at 30 anyway, because that’s when the first dungeon unlocks. Why would you want to do a dungeon without an elite?

But most of the change I am happy with. It just needs some tweaks from my point of view.

Rollback on changes ETA?

winterchillz.2564

Just to verify, I, as an OP, also support Vayne’s opinion up to some point – the new hints design is a bit goofy but I don’t mind it as much as the fact that now skills, along with traits, are being locked out until pretty much 50% of your leveling. The difference is that I want complete rollback and rework if is it to be implemented again while he’s fine with it. <- This still doesn’t give me the right to bash anyone who doesn’t agree me though, so please follow this example.

Cloud of Sparrows

Rollback on changes ETA?

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

Freaking out about ascendeds did nothing. Freaking out about Traits has done very little, and freaking out over Scarlet did nothing. What makes you think freaking out over the new player experience is going to do anything?

The changes are here. Anet’s likely response to the criticism will just be “fine-tuning” like what they’ve done with traits.

BTW, what reintroduced bugs?

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]