Royal Guard Outfit

Royal Guard Outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I would describe thatchild to be very honest to their parents. I would describe that parent as bad parents in the first place for not knowing what kind of gift your child would like or not. No I’m not talking bout what the value of the gift should be. But if you child hates pink and you give him/her pink socks, why should he be happy with it. A good parent knows what their kids would like for a gift.
So a kid expressing why they dislike the gift (giving feedback) is a very good thing!

I’m not saying that Arenanet should know what each and everyone should like.
I’m also not saying that I’m not happy and warm and fuzzy on the inside that they want to thank us.
I’m merely giving them feedback that giving something that has practical use is more likely to be appreciated by the recievers compared to a skin that is liked based on personal taste.

You can like that someone gives you something and still dislike the gift itself!

It’s a free gift. It’s not going to appeal to everyone. The polite thing is to be thankful and not criticize the gift. You come off in a very poor light otherwise.

There is one big difference in the two scenarios. One is a friend or relative giving a gift to someone who is a friend or relative. Any sensible person who gets an unwanted gift in this situation smiles and says thank you, because otherwise you’ll hurt that person’s feelings.

In the second situation it’s a company giving something to a customer in hopes that the customer will feel good and buy more of the product(s). In this case, the company actually wants the people who don’t like the gift to say so and list why not. This tells them whether or not they reached their target objective (making the customer happy) and what they should change the next time they try it.

tl:dr
Don’t confuse your parents with a large “soulless” corporation. The motives are not the same and neither are how they respond to critisism about a gift.

What if it’s a teacher instead. The point isn’t in the semantics of the examples but the fact that it’s a free gift and instead of being polite and respectful by saying thank you or nothing at all, you have people criticizing it saying that it’s garbage or that they should of gotten something better.

A teacher is also not a company trying to please a customer but a person with feelings giving a gift to someone they care about.

Don’t confuse a company with a person. They are not the same. The reasons they give gifts is not the same. How they react to critisism of a gift is not the same. A company wants the criticism so it can refine its gift giving to customers. It’s called feedback and companies want that so much they are willing to pay for it, though of course they’ll take free feedback if they can get it.

Again with the semantics of the examples… So according to you, a company will always have some agenda for any benefit they bestow to their customers other than a simple thank you for their support? In case you did not realize, a company is comprised of people. There are many companies whose sole purpose is to benefit people. Are they soulless too and thus anything they do is not sincere?

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

I like this. I haven’t even seen the outfit yet but I like it already.
Its all fluff / cosmetic. Nothing game breaking and nothing huge…

But it’s a simple way to show appreciation for Vet players.

./cheers

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Let’s note that Mr. O’Brien relayed a message from the artist that designed the outfit that it was “a work of love.” She worked very hard to make something nice for us, knowing it would not be paid for by any of us. I don’t think she’s soulless, or wants consumer satisfaction reports.

So, Madam Artist: Thank you for the lovely gift! It dyes very nicely and is full of solid attention to detail. All the parts look good together, you paid attention to racial needs of ears and tails and horns, go you!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would describe thatchild to be very honest to their parents. I would describe that parent as bad parents in the first place for not knowing what kind of gift your child would like or not. No I’m not talking bout what the value of the gift should be. But if you child hates pink and you give him/her pink socks, why should he be happy with it. A good parent knows what their kids would like for a gift.
So a kid expressing why they dislike the gift (giving feedback) is a very good thing!

I’m not saying that Arenanet should know what each and everyone should like.
I’m also not saying that I’m not happy and warm and fuzzy on the inside that they want to thank us.
I’m merely giving them feedback that giving something that has practical use is more likely to be appreciated by the recievers compared to a skin that is liked based on personal taste.

You can like that someone gives you something and still dislike the gift itself!

It’s a free gift. It’s not going to appeal to everyone. The polite thing is to be thankful and not criticize the gift. You come off in a very poor light otherwise.

There is one big difference in the two scenarios. One is a friend or relative giving a gift to someone who is a friend or relative. Any sensible person who gets an unwanted gift in this situation smiles and says thank you, because otherwise you’ll hurt that person’s feelings.

In the second situation it’s a company giving something to a customer in hopes that the customer will feel good and buy more of the product(s). In this case, the company actually wants the people who don’t like the gift to say so and list why not. This tells them whether or not they reached their target objective (making the customer happy) and what they should change the next time they try it.

Don’t confuse your parents with a large “soulless” corporation. The motives are not the same and neither are how they respond to critisism about a gift.

What if it’s a teacher instead. The point isn’t in the semantics of the examples but the fact that it’s a free gift and instead of being polite and respectful by saying thank you or nothing at all, you have people criticizing it saying that it’s garbage or that they should of gotten something better.

A teacher is also not a company trying to please a customer but a person with feelings giving a gift to someone they care about.

Don’t confuse a company with a person. They are not the same. The reasons they give gifts is not the same. How they react to critisism of a gift is not the same. A company wants the criticism so it can refine its gift giving to customers. It’s called feedback and companies want that so much they are willing to pay for it, though of course they’ll take free feedback if they can get it.

Again with the semantics of the examples… So according to you, a company will always have some agenda for any benefit they bestow to their customers other than a simple thank you for their support? In case you did not realize, a company is comprised of people. There are many companies whose sole purpose is to benefit people. Are they soulless too and thus anything they do is not sincere?

I don’t know what to say. If you think that a gift from Goodyear or Walmart or the small business who wants you to shop there more often is the same as your parents giving you something then you’re going to have an interesting life.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

A non profit organization that exists to help a certain kind of people most of the time(prosecuted, poor, homeless, stupif, disabled etc etc) does not produce games to stay afloat, they receive donations big and small from companies, regular people and philantrophes.

I think nobody contests the love the designer had when making it too. Beside the helmet, I think it is fitting for a third birthday. I just contest the idea that people have to scream hoorray! for every present they get.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Let’s note that Mr. O’Brien relayed a message from the artist that designed the outfit that it was “a work of love.” She worked very hard to make something nice for us, knowing it would not be paid for by any of us. I don’t think she’s soulless, or wants consumer satisfaction reports.

So, Madam Artist: Thank you for the lovely gift! It dyes very nicely and is full of solid attention to detail. All the parts look good together, you paid attention to racial needs of ears and tails and horns, go you!

I wrote the same exact thing you wrote but you posted it first LOL jk but agree 100%

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Boingo.5264

Boingo.5264

Basically, exactly what you just said. This statement is what makes me love the GW2 community.

Royal Guard Outfit

Just a flesh wound.3589

I wrote the same exact thing you wrote but you posted it first LOL jk but agree 100%

It may gave been a work of love, but I bet she got paid for that work and I bet she was assigned the work by her superiors. It wasn’t something she thought up and did on her own time for free then handed out.

Now I’m not saying it isn’t a very nice outfit. I think it’s well made and with obvious attention to details and obviously she, personally, as an artist would prefer her work to be appreciated. What I’m saying is that the people who don’t like the outfit for whatever reason have every right to say so and say why in hopes that their feedback informs ANet what went right with the gift and what went wrong.

ANet may give it to you.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

— Imagine this scenario:

You have a child who receives a gift from his/her parents. That child then says that they do not like it and proceeds to list off numerous reasons why such as it looks like garbage, they want something else instead, and so on. The child’s parents did not have to give their child a gift in the first place.

How would you describe that child?

— Now imagine another scenario:

You have a player who receives a gift from the developers. That player then says that they do not like it and proceeds to list off numerous reasons why such as it looks like garbage, they want something else instead, and so on. The developers did not have to give the player a gift in the first place.

How would you describe that player?

I might agree if more of the negative responses were something like:

This skin is of limited use to players whose characters are all light or medium wearers and who prefer to stay within game established themes for armor weight based on class.

That is feedback a company can take action on.

What we have seen more of is commentary along the lines of:

This skin is bullkitten.
The artist/creator’s efforts are nothing.
The artist’s work is ugly.
And so on (each example is a paraphrase of an acual post).

These all direct bile at an individual employee’s efforts. Joe artist is not (hopefully) soulless. Much of the negative commentary isnt players providing constructive feedback its just plain kittening.

Royal Guard Outfit

Just a flesh wound.3589

— Imagine this scenario:

You have a child who receives a gift from his/her parents. That child then says that they do not like it and proceeds to list off numerous reasons why such as it looks like garbage, they want something else instead, and so on. The child’s parents did not have to give their child a gift in the first place.

How would you describe that child?

— Now imagine another scenario:

You have a player who receives a gift from the developers. That player then says that they do not like it and proceeds to list off numerous reasons why such as it looks like garbage, they want something else instead, and so on. The developers did not have to give the player a gift in the first place.

How would you describe that player?

I might agree if more of the negative responses were something like:

This skin is of limited use to players whose characters are all light or medium wearers and who prefer to stay within game established themes for armor weight based on class.

That is feedback a company can take action on.

What we have seen more of is commentary along the lines of:

This skin is bullkitten.
The artist/creator’s efforts are nothing.
The artist’s work is ugly.
And so on (each example is a paraphrase of an acual post).

These all direct bile at an individual employee’s efforts. Joe artist is not (hopefully) soulless. Much of the negative commentary isnt players providing constructive feedback its just plain kittening.

Oh sure. Whenever you get negative feedback most of it is crap feedback that you have to sift through to find something worthwhile. That goes for everything, not this one outfit. That’s no reason to try to stifle feedback though, just because it’s like every other feedback that’s ever been made,

ANet may give it to you.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

A non profit organization that exists to help a certain kind of people most of the time(prosecuted, poor, homeless, stupif, disabled etc etc) does not produce games to stay afloat, they receive donations big and small from companies, regular people and philantrophes.

I think nobody contests the love the designer had when making it too. Beside the helmet, I think it is fitting for a third birthday. I just contest the idea that people have to scream hoorray! for every present they get.

I don’t know what to say. If you think that a gift from Goodyear or Walmart or the small business who wants you to shop there more often is the same as your parents giving you something then you’re going to have an interesting life.

Well I see no point in myself continuing this as you still refuse to focus on the semantics of the examples rather than the argument itself resulting in this going nowhere. If you truly believe that no company would freely bestow a gesture to its customers without some selfish motive then that’s your prerogative. If you truly believe that it’s acceptable to criticize someone for having an agenda for giving you a gift, or to criticize the gift itself, then that’s on you.

Royal Guard Outfit

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well I see no point in myself continuing this as you still refuse to focus on the semantics of the examples rather than the argument itself resulting in this going nowhere. If you truly believe that no company would freely bestow a gesture to its customers without some selfish motive then that’s your prerogative. If you truly believe that it’s acceptable to criticize someone for having an agenda for giving you a gift, or to criticize the gift itself, then that’s on you.

A for profit company giving a gift to one of its customers may have non selfish reasons, but you can bet they also have a desire to please their customer and increase sales (selfish reasons) and that part of the company welcomes all feedback, positive and negative.

As for semantics, the difference between a living person with feelings and a company is not semantics and saying they are the same doesn’t make them so.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Royal Guard Outfit

Ashen.2907

Of course people dont have to shout hoorray, but do they need to shout that the artists work is bullkitten, that his efforts are nothing, that his work is ugly, etc?

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Mine was waiting when I logged in an hour or so ago.

It makes me look tiny.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Harvest.2506

Harvest.2506

Can’t we just have it as skins for our amors set? I want to add this to my mix and match.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

“Don’t think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” Andy Warhol

Thank you ANet (and designer of The Royal Guard outfit) for the great gift! It will find a good home on one of my alts:-)

“An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one.” Charles Horton Cooley

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Royal Guard Outfit

Behellagh.1468

Armor skins take more time than an outfit to test.

RIP City of Heroes

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Montigue.3692

Montigue.3692

I still don’t have mine :L

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Every map I have gone to someone complains they got it sent to them twice. And I haven’t gotten it once. T_T’’ Why you do dis, Anetttt

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Montigue.3692

Montigue.3692

Every map I have gone to someone complains they got it sent to them twice. And I haven’t gotten it once. T_T’’ Why you do dis, Anetttt

T_T

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I like it, very nice and dyes well too.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Royal Guard Outfit

CandyHearts.6025

T_T

T_T I see I am not alone. T_T

Royal Guard Outfit

Just a flesh wound.3589

T_T

I just got mine, an hour ago. It’s lovely. ^^

ANet may give it to you.

Royal Guard Outfit

CandyHearts.6025

T_T

I just got mine, an hour ago. It’s lovely. ^^

I JUST GOT MINE! JUST NOWWWW YAAAAY!

Thanks for all the love and support. I couldn’t of made it without you guys!

rofl xD but YAAAAY!

ILU ANET WHEEE!!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: NeyteriKiyeri.4207

NeyteriKiyeri.4207

I like this outfit and it fits good on a charr with holes for ears and space for the tail

Follow your heart and your dreams won’t be far behind.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Its a nice outfit, looks good on female characters without leaving holes and is free – triple win.

Also asuran ear and foot holes.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Zevix.1479

Zevix.1479

Still think the Visor on the helmet should come down

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Jax.4903

Jax.4903

I just received my Royal Guard outfit. Thank you, A-Net!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

This was our (reward? Bribe? Pacifier?) for paying money for the game that is now free? It’s a decent outfit not something I would’ve purchased or am likely to use but thanks for the gesture.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Royal Guard Outfit

Behellagh.1468

It’s better than just a title.

RIP City of Heroes

Royal Guard Outfit

briggah.7910

This was our (reward? Bribe? Pacifier?) for paying money for the game that is now free? It’s a decent outfit not something I would’ve purchased or am likely to use but thanks for the gesture.

No the reward was all the memories you’ve had through 40 content updates for FREE.. This was just the cherry on top.

Player Vs Everyone

Royal Guard Outfit

Aidenwolf.5964

No the reward was all the memories you’ve had through 40 content updates for FREE.. This was just the cherry on top.

Nothing was free I paid to play

PugLife SoloQ

Royal Guard Outfit

briggah.7910

You paid once for the game and got those updates for FREE over the past few years. These free players will never experience half of the content that you have done.

Player Vs Everyone

Royal Guard Outfit

Ashen.2907

Agreed.

And you received what you paid for right ?

Royal Guard Outfit

Aidenwolf.5964

Agreed.

I didn’t buy a 3 year access I paid for permanent access to game that requires purchase to play. GW2 is no longer B2P it’s FTP, HoT is B2P (for now).

PugLife SoloQ

Royal Guard Outfit

Ashen.2907

Agreed.

I didn’t buy a 3 year access I paid for permanent access to game that requires purchase to play. GW2 is no longer B2P it’s FTP, HoT is B2P (for now).

You paid for ongoing access to GW2.

You have that.

Royal Guard Outfit

Aidenwolf.5964

Agreed.

You have that.

I paid for a key to door which is longer locked

PugLife SoloQ

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I’m going to assume you’re the type of person who probably has around 4000 total hours played.

So for every dollar you spent on the core game (assuming $60 at launch) you got nearly 67 hours of entertainment. To expect Anet to give you anything at all as compensation is absurd.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Royal Guard Outfit

Quarktastic.1027

Agreed.

You have that.

Would you have rather waited 3 years for someone to unlock the door for you so you could experience what was on the other side?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Royal Guard Outfit

Aidenwolf.5964

I’m going to assume you’re the type of person who probably has around 4000 total hours played.

So for every dollar you spent on the core game (assuming $60 at launch) you got nearly 67 hours of entertainment. To expect Anet to give you anything at all as compensation is absurd.

$150 pre-order pre launch. The company devalued my purchase to zero forgive me if I’m not alright with that.

PugLife SoloQ

Royal Guard Outfit

Ashen.2907

Agreed.

You have that.

Nope.

You have that.

Royal Guard Outfit

Quarktastic.1027

$150 pre-order pre launch. The company devalued my purchase to zero forgive me if I’m not alright with that.

Did they take away your $15 plastic figurine and your shiny art book?

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Royal Guard Outfit

Ashen.2907

Just got my outfit.

I like it.

Thank you.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I got a philosophic reasoning. first off. Sorry for it getting a lot “dreamy”, I’m not native english speaking and have sometimes issue expressing my complex thoughts in a language I dont speak fluid. But back to my reasoning: “all actions done by humans are being based on selfish motives”. There is no difference between a big corperation or Mother Theresa. In essence it is selfish
I’ve been volunteering for pink day in LA for the last few years. I do it out of selfish motives. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I love being the center of attention during that event and I love to be part of the mutual feeling of doing something great and not only being part of it, but being a thriving force behind it. That may sound shocking, but it doesnt change the fact that pink day in LA is a very good course, helping fight breastcancer around the world and helping to find a cure to a very bad dissease. So some people might say that im a great guy for putting effort in pink day in LA, others might call me a selfish kitten, all while I’m the same guy.

So selfish motives are everywhere. wether they are bad or good are opinions. There is an opinion that the world revolve around bad or good people. But in essence we all do what we think is best. Nobody is waiting to be judged as bad just for a single comment on a forum.

that is why I don’t judge you. just as I don’t judge Arenanet.
I like that they want to thank us. All I do is having feedback bout the way they express that and give them advice how that can be improved.

Arenanet is a company. They do things like giving us this with sincere reasons. They like us cause it is paying their bills. They have very good employee’s and they make a living of giving us a very good way to relax. So we help each other.
I just hope my feedback is welcome at Arenanet. And for you. all I hope you leave your personal emotions behind and try to imagine you would dislike the costume and imagine how you would think bout my feedback then.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Did you suddenly lose all the stuff that came with your pre order? And have you seen the cost of those statues they came with? Ive spent more money on the game after preordering four copies, than i did when i preordered. I dont even want to know the exact figure ive spent on this game. But every cent i put in ive gotten out of this game over the past three years. The only person who hasnt that i bought the game for was my brother, because he hasnt and refuses to play it because it isnt guild wars one.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Excuse me, this

http://static.4gamers.be/images/2012/03/13/07c930e70dd39a0ea0208504adce04d0.jpg/content6

was 150 dollars, not just the game, and to my knowledge they aren’t handing out those artbooks and rytlock statues for free to play players. In fact all those aditional things are still being sold without the game for 90 bucks. So yeah you bought the game for 60 bucks, those other 90 are for the collectors edition merch wich oddly enough when looking at ebay, hasn’t dropped in price since lauch.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: ErickDntn.1847

ErickDntn.1847

I love how it actually fits my gallant ranger :o
It felt epic when I was defending amber sandfall alone for 5 consecutive attacks XD

Royal Guard Outfit

Quarktastic.1027

It felt epic when I was defending amber sandfall alone for 5 consecutive attacks XD

I tried it on my ranger. It takes dye really well, and it’s well animated (very little clipping), but It’s not really my ranger’s style.

Though it goes great with gallant weapons.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Zxavier Augistine.7312

Zxavier Augistine.7312

i like the outfit, i wish it was armor but still i think it looks nice.

people are the reason we cant have nice things…
Guild Wars 2: waiting for content simulator.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: ErickDntn.1847

ErickDntn.1847

I tried it on my ranger. It takes dye really well, and it’s well animated (very little clipping), but It’s not really my ranger’s style.

Though it goes great with gallant weapons.

Yeah, I love giving backstory while playing and my ranger has several backstories changed several time lol. He is currently sent by noble family to defend the house XD

I used to dye my magitech armor, which I find sort of suitable, with gold, and a little of abyss and chocolate and equipped with gallant weapons, somehow it makes it looks like he wore a partially metal armor and fits gallant weaps theme. Tried balthazar and ceremonial, but they look too much for this one. Royal guard outfit really changed the game hahaha