Royal Guard Outfit

Royal Guard Outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Thank you Arena Net. I received it on both my accounts and it is lovely.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

Thank you ANet! This is the best birthday present yet!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: illuminaughty.9078

illuminaughty.9078

Awesome outfit, this gives me high hopes for the new legendary armor!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Thanks for the outfit! I’m currently leveling a new Asura warrior and it is perfect for her. I like it better than any other outfit in the gem shop at the moment!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Didn’t get mine.

They send the outfits in batches. Some people get them now, some tomorrow, etc. I don’t know if there’s any specific pattern to it, though.

edit: added context, since thread was merged

Got mine, looks awesome on my human warrior.

Thanks Anet.

I can’t believe people are complaining about Getting a free gift; kind of rude IMO.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Bajoras.5796

Bajoras.5796

I like the outfit but why the helmet is open faced :/ i woud like it better if there were 2 options for it open faced and closed face or even better option closed on combat open when not in combat

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I don’t go for Outfits. I don’t like the very concept of outfits, since I’ve always been all about mixing and matching. I’ll never buy an outfit, even ones I think look really nice, and there are a couple.

Still, since this one was free I do rather enjoy it. It’s a cool design and looks pretty slick on my Charr Warrior.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Charlie.1726

Charlie.1726

Not a big fan of outfits in general, but this one is very nice

Thank you!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Thankyou for the appreciation gift, Anet.

I’ll count this outfit and the wedding one as my exceptions on the rule of never have things that doesn’t encourage my own power to create (Aka, clone outfits instead of unique mix’n match armor). I consider the helmet really ugly, but the rest of the outfit looks really good, specially on Asura, wich is a huge point for me.

I’l keep hoping you release a mix’nmatch version of these pieces (And from other outfits too) someday. In the maintime, please put your outfit team to work on some armors? Please?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Very glad to have this armor.

It’s (mostly) what I’ve been asking for: a clean, not-over-the-top heavy armor outfit. I could do without the church windows, but I’ll put up with it since it looks good overall.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was finally able to log in and for some reason I got it twice. Oddly enough the character I think it looks best on is my asuran guardian, who wears heavy armor anyway.

I’m not sure how much I’ll use it, but I appreciate the gesture.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: noraia.8570

noraia.8570

Thank you for the armor I love the fleur de lis patterns and as someone who doesn’t have any heavy armor characters, it’s fun to be able to look tough sometimes There’s just a lot of nice details in it and I’m looking forward to trying it on all my characters eventually

http://i.imgur.com/Q85iNuw.jpg

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

Why does everything in this game suffer from absolutely dreadful clipping? It really ruins the looks of some pretty decent skins. Why will ANet not sort it out?

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i would rather have an outfit token, really don’t like it and rather have the long robe.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I like the outfit, you just need to have good dyes for it to really bring out its awesomeness:

Attachments:

Royal Guard Outfit

sorudo.9054

you can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig….

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I just wanted to say thank you for the amazing outfit. It was indeed a labor of love. I appreciate the detail and dedication to the community. I wear it with pride and it makes me feel all tingly when it encases my handsome body!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

you can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig….

I’m not some freak who needs or wants lipstick on my bacon.

Delicious, delicious bacon.

Being eaten while dressed in a swanky new outfit armor~

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

thank you anet it goes with the look i was looking for on two of my characters

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Another meh outfit, color me underwhelmed. Armor rules! Outfits drool!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: gooeykat.1875

gooeykat.1875

It’s okay, I just wish they would have made the tassels much bigger. Not really.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

My Asuran looks far too cute with her new Royal Guard outfit especially since I dyed it with some of my free birthday dyes (no lipstick though), thanks ANet.

Just one little niggle, my Halo doesn’t show while I’m wearing the outfit and if I remove the helmet the Halo shows as a band around her forehead. Hopefully that’ll be fixed soon and my Asuran can go back to being smug and happy again.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

There are a few relatively minor visual issues with this outfit, QA stated this morning. They will be fixed as soon as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

There are a few relatively minor visual issues with this outfit, QA stated this morning. They will be fixed as soon as possible.

Does that include it relocating a charr’s chat bubble from their heads to their feet?

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: JHoax.6812

JHoax.6812

I’m lovin it, my Norn Warrior with his twilight and with my color awesomeness color schemes, fancy pants i do declare!.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Looks boring and ugly. The helmet is hideous, and that thing at the top has very bad physics. Using it without the helmet makes our characters’ head to look very small, because it’s another example of “character inside a tin can” design.

At least it’s a good sign, as far as future Gem Store updates go. This was likely a Gem Store design that was thrown away for being too ugly, which indicates that there is better quality control at the store.

Too bad ArenaNet can’t fix the 3 months old bug that makes changing dyes of armor a pain. Considering how much money they make on aesthetic stuff, you would think they would be more careful with this kind of thing.

EDIT: Although, let’s see what the “minor fixes” do. If they break it like the Monk outfit, it may at least be worth a few laughs.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I probably won’t be using it much, but I appreciate the gift. Thanks, Anet.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I like it, looks like protoss armor

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Best outfit ever. You guys have really outdone yourselves on this one.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to ArenaNet for the outfit. It looks pretty cool!

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

The outfit is nice and very well made.

But I can’t help but feel like it isn’t really an “Anniversary” outfit. It’s full plate and blatantly inappropriate for most classes. It doesn’t feel like something was made to be a gift for the occasion but more like this was the next outfit on the pipeline and it was gifted as an afterthought.

I think something along the lines of the wedding dress, but more like a party outfit would have been a better fit for the occasion. You know, the kind of thing our characters would attend a celebratory festival in. (Which would have gone just wonderfully with an actual anniversary party event instead of just the sale, but maybe next year. Or the one after that. Big 5 after all. )

But since it IS blatantly inappropriate for most classes, I had some fun with it and gave my mesmer some extra protection. My mesmer is now the Mesmer Knight! I have the daydreamer wings, and if you match the “stained glass” bits of the armor the wings actually look like part of the armor. I made the main color a mesmery purple, so I kinda have a mardi gras color scheme going. The wings almost make it seem like it IS mesmer armor so it kinda works. Especially with greatsword/dual swords as your weapons. (And the chain whip sword goes perfectly in the color scheme.) Then later on she can become the Chrono Knight with Greatsword and Sword/Shield if a good shield for the set is found. Maybe Daydreamer’s?

Attachments:

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Thanks for gift, really good looking outfit. I’m actually a fan of switching outfits whenever appropriate, which brings me to a request…

→ Can we save dyes per outfit? It’s annoying to have to write down & re-apply the dyes whenever switching, or run with a “one size fits all” dyeing.

That, sort of, dimishes the value of owning many outfits. Which reduces the incentive to buy them in 1st place. My, what a horribly subtle hint. ^^

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Thank you for free outfit. I did not expect this to happen. It is nice and a gift which makes it even better.

;)

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

big fan of this outfit (a reasonably scaled heavy skin w/o goofy spikes or weird asymmetries, that looks fine on all races)….and the fact it was free is even better.

thanks anet.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I got 2 of them. I was going to donate one to the homeless but it’s account bound so I had to trash it. Such a shame.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Muse.8473

Muse.8473

Not that I don’t appreciate free stuff… but why does this outfit have to be so darn ugly? I can’t even tell that my character is female in this armor! Thanks for nothing (because I’ll never wear it), I guess.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Mugiwara Zoro.9240

Mugiwara Zoro.9240

I got 2 of them. I was going to donate one to the homeless but it’s account bound so I had to trash it. Such a shame.

I received two as well. Unfortunately I’m a hoarder so that’s another bank slot gone.. >.<

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Pirta.8069

Pirta.8069

My brother was playing with my acc and equppied this armour… how do i un equip it… loks weird on a necromancer -.- please PM or reply!

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

My brother was playing with my acc and equppied this armour… how do i un equip it… loks weird on a necromancer -.- please PM or reply!

Go to wardrobe. Click outfit link then click the box by out fit to turn off. Also as warning. You should not share account. It is against rules and your brother might delete something valuable.

;)

Royal Guard Outfit

sorudo.9054

press H
click on outfits
in the equipped icon there is a V
unselect it and the outfit is hidden.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Not that I don’t appreciate free stuff… but why does this outfit have to be so darn ugly? I can’t even tell that my character is female in this armor! Thanks for nothing (because I’ll never wear it), I guess.

I’m rejoicing that females get a full coverage functional set of plate. And I can still tell gender on them thanks to stance, animation, slimmer waists (and on Charr, of course, there is the tail).

I think it’s gorgeous and it’s going to be RP sets for quite a few of my alts of either gender.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Endlos.4852

Endlos.4852

Extremely minor gripe, because I love the outfit over-all, but is there any plan to look at the feet?

I know it’s incredibly nitpicky, but, at least on human male, the feet are incredibly tiny. They’re a bit short and extremely flat/thin. They’re a bit flat on norn males, too, but it isn’t quite as noticeable. I can toss some screenshots up later if anyone needs it, but the issue shouldn’t be too hard to spot. Just look at human/norn male feet wearing nearly any heavy armor graphic, then look at them with the Royal Guard outfit turned on.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

I love it, thanks ArenaNet.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

It’s my second favorite outfit so far (the arcane outfit being my favorite). I like how glowy the little crosses on the shoulder pads look (especially if you switch to a different color).

(edited by Straylight.7529)

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

That’s too bad. I, for one, am glad for not another set of boob armor.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: McKelly.6317

McKelly.6317

I’m rejoicing that females get a full coverage functional set of plate. And I can still tell gender on them thanks to stance, animation, slimmer waists (and on Charr, of course, there is the tail).

I think it’s gorgeous and it’s going to be RP sets for quite a few of my alts of either gender.

Exactly, I love how the set is plate, it suits my character well. You can still tell I’m a woman, my extremely pretty Sylvari twig and flower hair finishes the outfit nicely. I have the outfit on a Ranger, which is a welcome change from oversized coats and frumpy boots. It’s not the armour, it’s how you dye it. Thank you to the person who designed it, you can tell there’s lots of attention to detail :)

Attachments:

Isle of Janthir
Cirilaa – Druid, Galaxy Idol Tetora – Mesmer, Aintno Hoelbrakgirl – Guardian

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Xdmatt.3958

Xdmatt.3958

The set reminds me somewhat of the Sigmarites from the new Warhammer Age of Sigmar tabletop game, which is not a bad thing at all.

How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Loving the outfit

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Adamus.1287

Adamus.1287

I really didnt think id end up liking the outfit as much as i have done. My only gripes are 2 things. 1st the rope and dangly cloth at the back are a little annoying and it would have been practically perfect if not for that, sometimes less is more. 2nd it doesnt represent veterans well enough. I mean really, a whole 3 year time span to get it in? how about 3 slightly different versions for each year a person has been playing and maybe even the 3-day head start people get their own thing? i mean someone who started 3 days ago or in 3 days time has gotten what someone who did the 3 day head start has gotten! Just isnt right to me.

Royal Guard Outfit

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

Charr engineer

Attachments: