Royal Signet of Doric - Treasure Hunter

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

So I had an oh kitten moment today where I saw that I need the Royal Signet of Doric for the treasure hunter achievement. So i thought to myself, i’ve had so many of this one ring, how do i not have it apart of the collection? I’ve salvaged this ring many times and have never thrown out a ring. Then today got it again, but it was infused so i can’t make it apart of the collection which is lame.

So please add the infused, attuned, and attuned and infused doric’s rings to the collection options. I can’t uninfuse it. Also if you could please make it so that when you salvage the ring it automatically goes into the collection so that this doesn’t happen to someone else.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

If you have the item, it’s added to the collection, then if you salvage it, you don’t lose it from the collection.

It sounds like you got rid of the ones you had from before the collection was added. At that point, yes, it doesn’t count.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

MoarChaos.8320

Treasure hunter isn’t a new collection. I salvaged these rings and they didn’t knock the ring off the list of things I need for the collection. So now I need them to fix it so the new infused Royal Signet of Doric I got can be added to the collection since there is no option.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Then you didn’t salvage them. As I said, if you had salvaged them it would have unlocked the collection spot first. And it wouldn’t remove it.

I’ve unlocked many different items in that particular collection, and I don’t have them physically anymore, but I still have the unlock. Just do fractals, get 10 pristine and buy the one you need. It’ll be faster then Anet thinking about adding all the different options that you suggested.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

If you have the item, it’s added to the collection, then if you salvage it, you don’t lose it from the collection.

It sounds like you got rid of the ones you had from before the collection was added. At that point, yes, it doesn’t count.

Please don’t post if you don’t know what you’re talking about. He clearly mentions in OP that he never threw them and only salvaged. Since ascended salvaging is newer than the collection, it should be obvious there is a special issue.

The issue with this particular ring is that if you already had it in inventory when the collection for it came live, it didn’t register for the collection. Not sure if this was the case for all players, but it was for me. You need to get another drop and it must be uninfused. Infused drops will not work towards the collection. I got credit for collection only when I got a new regular drop of this ring. I’m not sure if buying the 10 pristines one will work; in theory it should.

It’s sad that after all this time this bug has not been fixed.

Maybe if you submit a ticket with Support, they might be able to help you.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Generally after putting in a bug report about certain things not showing up in collections, they appear there. I had a problem with certain fractal weapon skins not appearing in collections, while others did. I think a bug report/trouble ticket will be best idea here.

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Then you didn’t salvage them. As I said, if you had salvaged them it would have unlocked the collection spot first. And it wouldn’t remove it.

One second. Royal Signet of Doric is ascended. All Ascended rings are account bound on acquire. That means it isn’t necessary to salvage or do anything else at all for them to go into the achievements collections, it should happen automatically.

Think this is a bug, opening a ticket is the best option.

Posted by: ElijahFitzroy.5762

ElijahFitzroy.5762

I hope this helps. I’ve done this collection before and you need the exotic version of this ring. The only place it drops is in the mini dungeon of Rhand. Best bet is to get a Mesmer to port you in. The boss at the end drops it rarely. So best to kill him at least once a day. He drops a chest as well as a champ chest but the champ chest only spawns once a day. It’s an under water fight so best bring a toon that is good at fighting under water. You’ll also get the chalice for the collection to drop here. The chalice drops far quicker though.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

I hope this helps. I’ve done this collection before and you need the exotic version of this ring. The only place it drops is in the mini dungeon of Rhand. Best bet is to get a Mesmer to port you in. The boss at the end drops it rarely. So best to kill him at least once a day. He drops a chest as well as a champ chest but the champ chest only spawns once a day. It’s an under water fight so best bring a toon that is good at fighting under water. You’ll also get the chalice for the collection to drop here. The chalice drops far quicker though.

I think your mistaking the piece needed. That ring is also part of the collection, but so is the ascended ring being discussed.

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

That is Rhendak’s Signet, not Royal Signet of Doric which is only available as Ascended

MoarChaos.8320

Yea it must of been glitched when I got it in the past. I just bought one with pristine fractal relics.

Also I somehow got Rhendak’s signet my first fight with him a good while back. Now he refuses to drop his chalice. Don’t know if that’s a seperate bug for my account or if it also doesn’t drop that much, but it’s bothersome. If I get another ring before the chalice I’ll just have to cry into my new pile of gold, and then I’ll cry for real when my Nevermore crafting immediately makes it vanish.

Oh and side note I had to add the Royal Signet of Doric with the add to collection drop down, but my guildie had it added automatically. So I don’t know, just a weird bug I didn’t see a point to waiting on. I still think the other three versions of the ring need the option to be added to the collection. Seems weird to punish players for being more lucky. It’s like you got it! But you got it too well sorry, this ring you don’t like is just slightly too good.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I had this ring drop for me the other day from a PvP track chest. Unlocked just fine.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

salvaging trinkets doesnt add them to collections, that only occurs if a skin is unlocked (or at least thats my understanding)
the unlock should have happened on account binding the object which since it is ascended should have been instantly so if that didnt happen then yeah i’d suspect bug

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books