Royal Terrace Vs Ebonhawke

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

The Royal Terrace pass looked really nice to me and I wanted to get the pass. Someone then pointed out you can just use Ebonhawke for most of the benefits you would get without the 1000 gem cost.

Hawkgates waypoint is where you find Ebonhawke. Ebonhawke like the Royal Terrace also has a trading post, bank, guild bank, and merchant all right next to all the crafters.

You can travel to Ebonhawke instantly but pay about 4 silver if very far away on a level 80 each time you want to go there. You can do LA for community plus the mystic forge and Ebonhawke for extreme crafting.

Knowing this, what is the major benefit of a ~79 gold Royal Terrace pass? Ebonhawke is also more alt friendly since characters just need the Hawkgates waypoint and do not have to carry around the Royal Terrace pass.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I always use the ebonawke thing, and still bought the pass, since I had 1000 gems laying around and didnt know what else to get. The only thing I would love for the royal place would be if it had a retrait thing and was instanced

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The benefit is stuff like when you craft using the mystic forge, which doesn’t exist in Ebon Hawke. I made my last legendary in there. Without the forge, Ebon Hawke is useless for this.

There’s also a laurel vendor, guild vendors, and that sort of thing.

And when I’m done, a free portal to any major city.

It’s pure convenience and that’s it.

Edit: Also I doubt most people spend gold on it…most people probably spend cash on it, which is what..the price of a couple of cups of coffee for a permanent pass?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I spent about a five week’s worth of gems (I buy a little every day with gold).

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Rage.9723

Since you asked the cost is $12.50 in gems. About the cost of a month in a subscription MMO.

The time you want to use a mystic forge it would be worth it to just go to LA.

Also isn’t the Royal Terrace less convenient than waypointing to Ebonhawke with alts as you would have to give each alt the pass when you want to go there.

Not bashing getting one if you have the gems to throw around but I am not seeing the Royal Terrace as a completely clear winner in all aspects over Ebonhawke.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Most people have a main. I don’t play multiple characters at the same time. I play one for a few days then another so it’s win for me.

And you know, even if I buy a pass for a main, what’s to stop an alt from using Ebon Hawke?

Rage.9723

It appears the Royal Terrace pass is already off the TP so I guess that ends my decision. It will probably go way up when it comes back anyway.

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

Why go to LA to use the forge when u can pop to Mists (spvp) for free from anywhere?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

One reason I love the Royal Pass, and loved it last time (had 2 that time), is the loading time is so much quicker. I use the Mystic Forge somewhat often, as it is often part of the Dailies. I like that I can travel to all the amenities free of charge, and can use a portal to major cities with a very short walk. For me, it is a great deal, as I check the cost of gold-to-gems each time I open the TP, and buy a hundred now and then, whenever it looks like the exchange cost has dropped.

I suppose, like many things in life, some people love it, and some find it useless. Lol.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Someone then pointed out you can just use Ebonhawke for most of the benefits you would get without the 1000 gem cost.

Shhhhh keep it down. It’s a masterplan to remove as much gold as possible from the game.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Scynte.1340

Scynte.1340

The home server borderlands have everything (mystic forge keep is often taken by the home server). Saves lot’s of silver. I’d never play ZvZ though.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I remember a while back I was joking in some thread there should be a VIP area for people that buy gems. Now we have it LOL. The all you can eat buffet could use some improvements but the pole dancers are top notch.

The Burninator

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Don’t give out the secret of Ebonhawke! It’s the greatest place for crafting. All the crafting stations are close to the banks and TP, and there’s no need for using waypoints there.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I remember a while back I was joking in some thread there should be a VIP area for people that buy gems. Now we have it LOL. The all you can eat buffet could use some improvements but the pole dancers are top notch.

It’s nice you can get in without buying any gems, as well. Nix on the pole dancers, though.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Wait, you mean to tell me we were supposed to have pole dancers?? Well shoot, without them, I’d have to demand a refund-wait, I spent gold on it, crap.

On a serious note though, it’d be nice to have a way to access all the dungeons from the royal terrace as well as all the dungeon token collectors. I imagine that would make the royal terrace passes a much more attractive sale to prospective players.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Edit: Also I doubt most people spend gold on it…most people probably spend cash on it, which is what..the price of a couple of cups of coffee for a permanent pass?

Where are you people buying coffee?! It’s beans and water! Make it yourself for a tenth of the price!

JustTrogdor.7892

Where are you people buying coffee?! It’s beans and water! Make it yourself for a tenth of the price!

I’m fueled in the morning by Dunkin’ Donuts coffee. It’s good stuff. Trust me I’ve tried and bought the beans to brew at home but it isn’t the same.

The Burninator

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

It’s nice you can get in without buying any gems, as well. Nix on the pole dancers, though.

I’d also like to add that not everyone who buys gems can get in, thus it’s not “for people who buy gems”. It’s just for people who buy gems AND decide to buy such a pass with them. ^^

JustTrogdor.7892

I’d also like to add that not everyone who buys gems can get in, thus it’s not “for people who buy gems”. It’s just for people who buy gems AND decide to buy such a pass with them. ^^

How profound. LOL

The Burninator