SAB is back! [Merged]

SAB is back! [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

SAB is back. It’s Super Adventure Festival time! Check your in-game mail and head to Rata Sum to take part!

Enjoy.

Well, I guess that there’s only one thing to say: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: James Quall.6029

James Quall.6029

Why only go half way and make it temporary? Why not just leave it in??

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Well, might as well fire up the ol’ GW2 client so… I was hoping they’d complete the weapon set (my Asuran guardian needs her trident and spear) maybe next time

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Sunapollo.9152

Sunapollo.9152

I had almost all weapon upgrades from last couple years of play but I read that it’s character base, I thought I had it with the character with all the baubles but guess not. I logged into a few of other characters but still couldn’t find them, I didn’t delete any character…

Could anet make the unlocks account base? Thanks.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Unfortunately all the things that make W2 unfun, annoying, and tedious are still there. I was hoping they’d go back and fix it… Do they not remember why they got rid of SAB in the first place?

SAB is back! [Merged]

Sunapollo.9152

Looks like I found my character (still account base would be nice) but when I tried entering the house/world in SAB it teleports me to Metrica Province …

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Personally I’m supre happy that SAB is back, but I’d be alot more happy, if finally for this tiem World 1 and2, and Tribulation Mode would finaly be persistent content that stays and which doesn#t get removed again on 19th of April…

Such things just generate only unnessary “time pressure” on the players to get th things done, before the tiem has run out for you and you have to wait a year or like in this case, much much longer, before you ever get again a chance to complete the things you are working on …

In my opion are the sphere prices still too overpriced for the skins… 35 spheres is way too expensive and way too much of a grind. Reducing the costs from 35 spheres for a skin to 10 Spheres would be ok because you can make easily 10 Spheres a day without that you need to grind much, by just playing the two worlds and completing them and through converting unneeded bubbles into spheres.

The whole thing would have been even far more perfect, if it would have come with World 3, but i think this would have been already wished too much.
But who knows, maybe hopefully Anet surprises us all with the April Patch with some kind of Backburner SAB-Content and they keep is just low now, because its just Aprils 1st patch and not the great patch day of the next quarterly patch.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I’m not thrill that world 2 achievement has not changed.

Look like I will be skipping it again (no way in hell have I got time to find every bauble or secret in there).

SAB is back! [Merged]

Sunapollo.9152

35 is indeed way too much grind for one skin, sorry for those who want them.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Seiken.3176

Seiken.3176

SAB has finally come back … but nerfed …

1/ The Dig farm has been nerfed : you’ve got 3 times less baubles and … you can just dig one time per account per day !

2/ End chests has been nerfed : you can just get the 2 Bauble Bubbles from the final chest one time per account per day (3 years ago that were one time per character [I’d love so much to farm the SAB with all my 10 characters …]).

It will take ages to get enough bubble to buy what we need/want.

3/ Regarding the new Orange Set, you can get one or maybe two with the daily system, plus one per full collection (blue / green / yellow). It will take YEARS to finish those collections.

I’m a really big fan of the SAB, but we don’t have much time to progress into these collections, too much nerfs.

(special mention for the SAB collection : I’ve got a lots of blue / green / yellow weapons but these collections are stuck to 0/16 … /clap)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Yakkus.8765

Yakkus.8765

Can we still get the blue weapons if we missed SAB in its previous appearances? Also the blue backpiece? Oh, and are they still labelled ‘Super’ weapons?

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Sharen Graves.1276

Sharen Graves.1276

As usual Anet makes something we love into a kittening grind fest.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

I’ve played it since the patch now and I got enough bauble bubbles for 2 skins.
It’s not that bad. Remember, you get bauble bubbles from the chests!

First thing you should do is get the Bauble Pouch to be able to store 250 baubles.
Then just run through the SAB worlds and get enough Bauble Bubbles to fund your holographic dreams!

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Kyano.1652

Kyano.1652

Yesssssss! It’s back! -so excited thankyou Anet-

That really random Charr.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Since the SAB is only 20 days (I counted) and that dailies achievement to get the orange weapons is 8 (I think?), you can only get two oranger weapons at the most from it (unless you get the ascended version from getting all of the green and yellow weapons set).

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

SAB is back. It’s Super Adventure Festival time! Check your in-game mail and head to Rata Sum to take part!

Enjoy.

Thanks.

Doesn’t mean I’ll forget about HoT and the legendary weapons though. Actually feels more sour now that this feels out of extreme damage control.

I didn’t pay for SAB, but I did pay for HoT.

(inb4 continue coin: different scenario but I’ve always been on the side that people should get a refund on it)

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Sharen Graves.1276

Sharen Graves.1276

And it was nerfed. More collection… more grind only in 8 bit this time.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I used to impress people with my SAB finisher, now everyone has it for 600 gems.

This is why I don’t bother with PvE, nice WvW update too.

#salty.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

I didn’t take a time to say thank you, since I have to play it ASAP; But thank you for bringing back our precious !!!

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They’re aware of the collection bug and are working on a fix for it.

As for the nerfs… there are some nerfs, yeah. But also some buffs. You get baubles from dailies, bonus baubles from completing the bonus games at the end of each world, a bonus bubble from completing a zone in addition to the chest bubbles, can trade extra continue coins for even more baubles…

Its less reward for “hardcore” grinders but more reward for people who have just enough time to run through each zone or just a few zones once a day.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There’s some sort of glitch that sends you to metrica province now and then. I’ve only had it happen once, so try again and hopefully you’ll be fine.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

I’m mad about the Legendarys too Crovax, but you’re reading way too much into this.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Ticky.5831

So Mike,
do you really think this makes us forget that you scrapped content we already paid for?
Sometimes I wonder what’s worse; that you think people are that stupid or that you might actually be right.

Implementing it temporarily in April was probably planned long ago. This most likely has nothing to do with the Legendary suspension.

You know the announcement date of Legendary cancellation, but not the date it happened… which is likely the day before SAB was greenlighted.

Nah, I’m thinking it was decided no later than a week or so after the Play-for-Free announcement, as the twitch comments basically were 60% SAB requests.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

You know the announcement date of Legendary cancellation, but not the date it happened… which is likely the day before SAB was greenlighted.

Very unlikely as the team has not moved on yet because they still have to add the final Legendary.

But it would be great if it was true, Legendary weapons are a waste of time and resources. SAB actually has gameplay content, weapon skins, music boxes, minis and a ton more interesting content on top. A choice between that and one weapon with an achievement track, seems obvious which is a better use of developer time.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Ive never played it and am the most unco-ordinated person on the planet

- will it give me Donkey Kong PTSD?
- will me being terrible at jumping make it a no go?

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

How can you possibly get all 16 orange weapons?

You get 1 for doing the daily 8 times, and it repeats. That’s 2 at most (19 days)
You get 1 for King Toad weapons.
You get 1 for Storm Wizard weapons.

How are you going to get the other weapons for the achievement?

(edited by TheLordQ.1857)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yes and double Yes

I’ve done every JP in the game with ease and SAB makes me want to smash my keyboard into my screen. World 1 is ok, you can probably do world 1. World 2 will make you hate Gw2 and yourself and everyone around you.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Rococo.8347

Yes and double Yes

I’ve done every JP in the game with ease and SAB makes me want to smash my keyboard into my screen. World 1 is ok, you can probably do world 1. World 2 will make you hate Gw2 and yourself and everyone around you.

Noooo ;( what are my chances of getting 1 weapon and the backpack – I will eave it too the professionals after that…is it timed? because if it is, im going to have to crack open my wallet and pay inflated Auction prices if so

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Noooo ;( what are my chances of getting 1 weapon and the backpack – I will eave it too the professionals after that…is it timed? because if it is, im going to have to crack open my wallet and pay inflated Auction prices if so

I suggest you read some guides on Dulfy.

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/31/gw2-super-adventure-box-2016-guide/

The Burninator

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

FINALLLLYYYYY, it blimming returns!!!
Had began to assume Devs were hard of hearing, but they got the point at last. It’s back
Even if only for a lame 2 weeks.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

SAB is back! [Merged]

Rococo.8347

I suggest you read some guides on Dulfy.

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/31/gw2-super-adventure-box-2016-guide/

Thankyou – will do.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

I just don’t understand why they even use the bobbles to get the stuff from Moto. They are charging coin for it anyway, why don’t they just charge coin for all the items. Other then the skins and a few misc sab items, the other stuff can be gotten without using coins. To me it defeats the purpose of playing SAB. Well other then just for fun but that is a given.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Ticky.5831

I just don’t understand why they even use the bobbles to get the stuff from Moto. They are charging coin for it anyway, why don’t they just charge coin for all the items. Other then the skins and a few misc sab items, the other stuff can be gotten without using coins. To me it defeats the purpose of playing SAB. Well other then just for fun but that is a given.

It’s called a gold sink.

Giving a vendor money is one of the only ways to remove liquid currency from the game. Put that in a high demand temporary content and BOOOM. Watch the gold wash away.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

What annoys me, and what I haven’t seen anyone on the forum talking about yet, is that they have officially decided that they will NEVER release new content (i.e., the originally intended worlds 3 and 4) for SAB:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-the-super-adventure-festival/

I’m glad it’s back. I love SAB. It was absolutely the most hilarious thing ever when it was first released. That said, only getting it for two weeks out of the year, and never doing anything more with it, is immensely disappointing.

And yes, the orange weapons are new, but really they are just a huge grind (I’m SO SICK of these daily-progress achieves guys, seriously, please stop. I did it with the FOTM pages to try to make Ad Infinitum, only to find out hey, you can’t make that, and then I did it for 60 days for the PvP legendary backpack. No way I’m doing it for this).

I was hoping that when SAB finally did make its return it would be with a hilarious new world to explore. Nope, just grind. Oh well, at least they’ve officially confirmed I don’t ever need to hope for or wait for more.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

What annoys me, and what I haven’t seen anyone on the forum talking about yet, is that they have officially decided that they will NEVER release new content (i.e., the originally intended worlds 3 and 4) for SAB:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-the-super-adventure-festival/

I’m glad it’s back. I love SAB. It was absolutely the most hilarious thing ever when it was first released. That said, only getting it for two weeks out of the year, and never doing anything more with it, is immensely disappointing.

And yes, the orange weapons are new, but really they are just a huge grind (I’m SO SICK of these daily-progress achieves guys, seriously, please stop. I did it with the FOTM pages to try to make Ad Infinitum, only to find out hey, you can’t make that, and then I did it for 60 days for the PvP legendary backpack. No way I’m doing it for this).

I was hoping that when SAB finally did make its return it would be with a hilarious new world to explore. Nope, just grind. Oh well, at least they’ve officially confirmed I don’t ever need to hope for or wait for more.

From what I recall, the various changes to the game, most notably the camera changes, really affected SAB and they had to rework SAB before they could release it again.

And maybe Worlds 3 and 4 will make it by the time April 1st rolls around next year.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Yay!!!! I don’t care!!!!

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

They didn’t say never, they just said this time around, they couldn’t justify it. And frankly, I agree. It’s a fun mode to have but there are core systems that we all know need improvements that will give us a lot more hours of satisfying gameplay than a few hours in SAB.

[EG] is recruiting!

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Thank you! I love you all so much right now!

Goodbye, life.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

He’s not actually saying never, only that they can’t sacrifice the main game for it. The problem is, he’s a designer, so if he’s making SAB, he’s not working on new maps. Back then, there weren’t a lot of new areas planned, so he was likely free to experiment, which is how it started. As long as GW2 is moving forward however, that does basically mean that SAB won’t be seeing any future updates. The exception however is if SAB ends up being popular enough justify it.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Enjoy.

GJ Anet! I’m more shocked that you’ve all kept it under wraps and top secret. Totally blind sided the community in an awesome way.

GJ and TY too

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Add some persistent areas with hearts and dynamic events to SAB.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

So to play, I have to give up my 2 day-long birthday booster and WVW booster?

Umm what?

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

It will take ages to get enough bubble to buy what we need/want.

At this moment, I’m waiting to log in and hoping my hording issues were intact during SAB

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Mike O’Brien please reconsider. You are the Game Director AND CEO…You said yourself:

I said three weeks ago I’d focus on sustainability and quality. I want to reiterate the part about sustainability. Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but how about the recent drought of content? That kind of thing happens when we spread ourselves too thin, and when we let the content development pipeline empty out so we can fight fires. What I think we actually owe you is sustainable, predictable, high-quality content.

Mo

Let this high-quality content be sustainable because it’s something that many people enjoy. If you remove this content then all that work on it would be gone who knows when and new players once again will miss out on this amazing content.

Please Mike O’Brien I beg you! It’s been sooo long since we had SAB and now that it’s back don’t take it away from us! This content is unique and special and no other MMOs have it but GW2. I really love SAB and I’m not alone. Don’t let SAB be a festival or a seasonal thing, let us play it when we want to. You put so much work and love into it so let it remain in game as a permanently addition to the game.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Whoa, this is screwed up. I had over 20 hours left on a birthday booster and it is now gone.

I didn’t even notice until I read your post. I guess I should have read the big red warning…

(edited by Fernling.1729)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Isn’t it under festival? Maybe it will be yearly then.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Isn’t it under festival? Maybe it will be yearly then.

It’ll definitely be an annual thing.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There’s a notice in red letters on the pop up that appears as you walk up to the SAB. It warned you. So yeah, read before clicking blindly.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

It’s ridiculous. Why penalize people who BOUGHT buffs from Anet??!

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

HUGE thank you to Anet for bringing this content back. Hopefully it really is going to be an annual festival this time.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping