SAB is back! [Merged]

SAB is back! [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Don’t think it counts on infantile mode.

It doesn’t. Infantile mode has its own achievement, baby’s first super adventure.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I totally agree:

1) People who can’t play a lot over these 20 days miss out.
2) It makes the game feel grindy to get all the things you want.
3) It isn’t a festival in any normal sense of the word.
4) The game is crying for permanent content.
5) SAB is a fun distraction that people should be able to play when they feel like it, not a specific part of April.

As to the “It will lose its shine”. Not really. This year it was re-released without W3, which was fine because everyone had been waiting two and a half years. Next year, that won’t really fly. So either they will be releasing new content next year, which would bring people in anyway. Or, they aren’t going to (or might not), and it would be better to just admit that now and say: “Hey, we’re not sure about what we’re going to be able to do in the future, but we know you love SAB, so here’s what we have!”

SAB is either a mini-game, like adventures and activities. Or it’s a game mode like PvP and WvW. It isn’t a festival, and it shouldn’t be temporary.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: LadyFearghus.3406

LadyFearghus.3406

I have a LOT of bauble bubbles from previous SAB playthroughs and very few actual baubles.
I really want to get a lot of the SAB decorations since a lot of them are required for the scribing recipes.

Please make it so I can purchase the Fancy Furniture Coins with the bubbles. I really don’t care to spend time grinding what I already have..

At least make it so we can get baubles back from bubbles, please.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Moto offers that service: Baubles from Bauble Bubbles.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

On the subject of trading back, would it be possible to add a trade-in option for extra minis? I got some extras back when SAB was released to outfit several characters with them. They’ve been sitting in my bank, staring at me accusingly ever since the wardrobe patch. I’d love to trade them in even at half price.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

It has to be seasonal or it will not be so special. Part of the fun is the buzz and excitement when it arrives

Having said that, being new to SAB I’ve spent about 30 minutes in there and I feel like I’m done with it. I am from the 8-bit era so my first impression was one of amusement. I wandered around, played the first part of the first world, got a few baubles, looked at the shop and, um, that will probably be it for me.

But I’m happy that it makes so many players happy.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

I think it works better as a seasonal thing. It’s fun but there is not a whole lot to it nor do I think Anet should be concentrating on adding more to it. It would just end up being dead content once the novelty wears off.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

It has to be seasonal or it will not be so special. Part of the fun is the buzz and excitement when it arrives

Having said that, being new to SAB I’ve spent about 30 minutes in there and I feel like I’m done with it.

You completely invalidated your point, you say if it was here often it would not be special yet you say you are done with it after thirty minutes even though it had a two year hiatus. You obviously just have no interest in it anyway, if it was here more often or not it would make zero difference to you as you are done within minutes regardless. With that kind of mentality why should we be listening to your opinion over those that actually genuinely love and play it?

I say make it permanent, the game is truly hurting for new content. The very least they could do is activate it when there is no living story/festival. The many months of content drought are horrendous and taking a severe toll on the community, this would at least help fill the gap.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

We should remove the HOT mastery system or story after 19 days so people don’t get bored with it. Honestly guys this train of thought goes both ways. I want to tell people that want to get into an MMO that this one is brimming with content. That conversation would absolutely include SAB… But it doesn’t and it can’t. Wish it could bring in new players but poof, It’s gone as soon as it got here…. Never to show its head in the forefront of game press.

*Please note that I fully intended to compare those specific peaces of content. I have received as much quality gameplay if not much more in the case of the HOT story with SAB.

Pancakes
Thief

(edited by TehHobNob.4687)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Aedelric.1287

Your reward is the weapon, that is enough.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

Hi,

title says it all. SAB Harvesting Toolz would be awesome ^(°-°)^

itse me… Harvestioooo

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Hello,
this question is aimed mainly for the devs.

I really love SAB and I am glad that you were able to bring it back.
I would just like to get a little clarification on the future of SAB.
Is there a possibility that we will ever get world 3 and world 4? For example, after the threat of elder dragons is resolved?

I completely understand, and agree, that now it would be illogical to order some devs to create world 3 now, but I think that in a long run, it would be a shame not to finish this game.

note for players:
I don’t really want to make this a hate topic. So please, refrain from your comments if you don’t have actual info (or anything constructive to say). That blogpost doesn’t explain SAB’s future. Only the current state.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

why should we be listening to your opinion

Based on your forum posts I think you are not capable of listening to any opinion other than your own, m8.

All games of this genre need seasonal events that come and go. It keeps things fresh. This particular festival is handily filling in the long gap between Chinese New Year and the summer festival. Whether I like this festival is not especially relevant. The lobby area yesterday was packed with excited happy players, and I’m happy for that. I love that the event is here. If it was always here it would no longer be an event and the lobby would be dead after a few weeks.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Nuka.6701

Nuka.6701

Hi, I’ve noticed that there are tradeable versions of Kaiser Snake weapons on the marketplace that people are obtaining from the Kaiser Snake Weapon Box. I know the normal Super Weapon Box can be obtained from the end chest at a 2% rate (daily chest only). Do Kaiser Snake weapons also drop in all end chests? Or do they drop in only tribulation mode, or only World 2, etc?

SAB is back! [Merged]

Aedelric.1287

I would not get your hopes up for getting a dev reply.

I am not overly positive about us ever getting world three, especially when they said this in the latest blog;

“Guild Wars 2 is a huge game, and keeping it strong means making tough decisions about where to spend our time to best serve the most players. We decided we couldn’t justify the sacrifice to Guild Wars 2 to make more new worlds for SAB.”

If they could not make the “sacrifice” after two years I doubt they ever will make the “sacrifice”.

I really do not understand Arena Net, it is not like we have had anything really substantial since HoT. They say they can not spend developer time for specific content as it would detract form the core game, yet what have we got for that? Months of content drought regardless.

Edit – Note for OP, reply to comments, do not edit your original post to try and invalidate the replies you do not like. Also, learn to read between the lines, they said they can not spare anyone as it would negatively affect GW2 development.

(edited by Aedelric.1287)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Dang it, it is in Tribulation mode
Took me 4 hours to do zone one lol

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I haven’t reported this as a bug as im not sure it is,

I did Trib mode the first time it was around, however there is a new achievement to find the shops,

However on world one, between checkpoints 3 and 4 you have a short run, when I did this 2 years ago I made it ok, so I went to check dulfys guild and her in video you clearly have enough time to make the run, granted if you make a mistake its over,

But now you don’t seem to have the time needed, as soon as you jump the block is already in jump mode also, so as soon as you land BAM you are knocked off, you could use a dodge roll to avoid the knockback, but the knockback occurs as soon as you hit the ground without a chance to roll to avoid,

Its like they have extended the blast area from the blocks, on the final 2 blocks, I managed to evade the first one but mid evade the 2nd block triggers, knocks you back, then the first block hits you and kills you.

Has anyone else had an issue at this checkpoint.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Aedelric.1287

Based on your forum posts I think you are not capable of listening to any opinion other than your own, m8.

I am not your mate and you specifically quote out of context, hardly surprising considering your forum posts.

I said “why should we be listening to your opinion over those that actually genuinely love and play it?”

You do not love SAB so why should we be listening to you over someone that does?

Super Adventure Box is not a festival, it is a game mode. It is like making WvW or PvP only available for 19 days and using the excuse `Because it makes it special´ is not a sound reason.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Doubt it. Most likely, SAB returned only because they needed something to counter the predicted uproar over the cancellation of Legendaries. (The decision to cancel probably happened way before the actual announcement.)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I grew up playing the 8-bit and 16-bit consoles. But I have to say, I really don’t see what all the fuss is about with SAB. It’s fun for 5 minutes, but that’s about it. But that’s just my opinion. I’d rather see the devs work on GW2 over a mini game with in GW2.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

SAB is back! [Merged]

Mortifer.2946

I don’t really want to make this a hate topic. So please, refrain from your comments if you don’t have actual info (or anything constructive to say). That blogpost doesn’t explain SAB’s future. Only the current state.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

SAB is back! [Merged]

Aedelric.1287

I grew up playing the 8-bit and 16-bit consoles. But I have to say, I really don’t see what all the fuss is about with SAB. It’s fun for 5 minutes, but that’s about it. But that’s just my opinion. I’d rather see the devs work on GW2 over a mini game with in GW2.

That really does not have any bearing on the topic at all.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

It should just be permanent. Keep separate SAB dailies for the orange weapons and make people do them at their leisure, without them feeling like a chore.
If there is something i hate with a passion, it’s being forced to do something because of a timegate. Especially when it is possible only within 3 weeks out of a year.
Add a world every 1st april, and that’s it. Fresh new content when the festival comes, eventually make items cheaper on festival time to incentive people doing SAB at that time, and let’s be done.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Aedelric.1287

Learn to read between the lines.

SAB is back! [Merged]

BrotherBelial.3094

Dose it not? Hummmm, I think it dose. Although the 8/16-bit games of old are fun, SAB is a mini game with in a game. I don’t feel ANet would be doing them self’s any favors making SAB permanent, or working on it. Not everyone likes SAB. I’d rather see development time spend on content for the actual game. New maps and story. SAB was a fun little thing that is a lot more popular than the devs probably thought it would be. But taking dev time away from the core game to make.more SAB is a bad idea. People are angry.over legendary weapons, if Mo turned around and said “yeah we scrapped Aprils feature pack to work on more SAB” not everyone would be happy, the WvW folks would be really po’ed. We will never be told what they will or will not be working on ever again after the whole legendary weapons from 2013. I can see it now. “WTF ANet you said back in 2016 you’d do more SAB once all the dragons where dead. They have been dead for 5 year’s!”

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Considering the OPs intention, nothing besides an official Dev response would have. But that’s just not how forums work.
And even though I assume BrotherBelial is not a A.Net Dev, his answer is somewhat relevant to the topic. Besides those screaming for SAB for the past years over and over again, there are also those feeling the way he does. Let me repeat the relevant part:
“It’s fun for 5 minutes, but that’s about it. But that’s just my opinion. I’d rather see the devs work on GW2 over a mini game with in GW2.
So in case of the tiny, tiny possibility some Dev will look into this topic it’s totally legit to show them that there are also players that do not want them to work on additional SAB worlds as long as there’s still so much work to do for GW2 itself.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Healix.5819

Anything is possible. At this current time however, the only way we will see W3 in the foreseeable future is if SAB ends up being popular enough to justify it. For now, the developer of SAB would be too busy with the next expansion or season 3, which is why he said that they can’t justify sacrificing the main game for it.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Aedelric.1287

Dose it not?

No.

The question was are they working on world 3/4?

Not do you like SAB and want to see more?

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: LadyFearghus.3406

LadyFearghus.3406

Oh I see. It was all the way on the bottom. Thanks

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I am so happy SAB is back, but if there is one thing that made my day was when I entered the first zone and when the cutscene began my mini was enjoying the picnic with me!

I only played “vanilla SAB” and I dont remember my mini being part of the adventure. It was either solo or with party members. Welp looks like I wont be alone in my journey this time XD

Attachments:

SAB is back! [Merged]

Healix.5819

Whether you leave them permanent or not makes no impact on development resources.

It actually does. Consider how often patches break something in the game that had nothing to do with it. If SAB was permanent, they’d have to fix it every time it was broken, compared to only once a year as a festival.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

It should just be permanent. Keep separate SAB dailies for the orange weapons and make people do them at their leisure, without them feeling like a chore.
If there is something i hate with a passion, it’s being forced to do something because of a timegate. Especially when it is possible only within 3 weeks out of a year.
Add a world every 1st april, and that’s it. Fresh new content when the festival comes, eventually make items cheaper on festival time to incentive people doing SAB at that time, and let’s be done.

This is a very good point and a wonderful suggestion!
Wish I came up with that!
Keep SAB permanent, give it’s own dailies and make new world every april! Genius!
Now if only ArenaNet is reading this. =(

SAB is back! [Merged]

BrotherBelial.3094

Dose it not?

No.

The question was are they working on world 3/4?

Not do you like SAB and want to see more?

Are you a mod? No. So who are you to tell me what I can and cannot post and in what threads I can and can not post in. You are a nobody. Get over your self.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I can’t +1 this enough.

Whether you leave them permanent or not makes no impact on development resources.

It actually does. Consider how often patches break something in the game that had nothing to do with it. If SAB was permanent, they’d have to fix it every time it was broken, compared to only once a year as a festival.

Actually, fixing bugs with each iteration/patch is less work in most cases. Tracking down bugs you introduced in a timespan of a whole year is a chore I wouldn’t want to do – especially within a few weeks before SAB has to be reopened again…

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

It also means they won’t have to spend much time to fix it once april comes next year.
I mean, the reason why we couldn’t have it back before is exactly because it ended up totally and utterly broken. Fixing bugs once some issue arises would be simpler than piling them up and ending up with a ton of bugs all together (that may likely create other unintended consequences, and make the whole debugging all over more difficult).

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: AuroraW.7149

AuroraW.7149

This is a fantastic move! … and Josh Foreman is the 8-bit God of Tyria. :-)

Booga: I took the bullets out of their guns. That was smart, huh?
Tank Girl: Booga, that was very smart.
Gath Gealaich | Rémi Heltzer [GN] – Elona [D]

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

This. Also, especially since we now have a collection for the weapons, it be nice to be able to work on them all year (especially tribulation world 2).
And even if making it permanent makes it “lose its value/novelty”, when they introduce new worlds it will bring the hype back.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

if u keep it permanent, it gets old and it will die out

it wont have the same feel as a yearly content.

Complete nonsense.

People that like the content will always play, nothing new in Guild Wars 1 PvP but people still play that. Plus Guild Wars 2 constantly has new players coming to it, that will always keep such activities active.

The dungeon queues say otherwise, and they are just as rewarding as SAB.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

if u keep it permanent, it gets old and it will die out

it wont have the same feel as a yearly content.

I second that. I’m glad it is back and I enjoy it a lot more than 2 years ago when I was a keyboard turner.
But if it weren’t seasonal I likely wouldn’t play it right now but just wait and wait, like all the LS and other stuff.
It made no sense to not having had it the past 2 years, especially because of the infinite coin, but bringing it back and keeping it would be nice – I hope it won’t be another 2 years.
Oh yes, and I can finally get the skin I wanted.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Mortifer.2946

Moderator, why did you merge my topic with this one?

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Blue weapons were the best

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Super adventure glider coming to a gem store near you! Forget putting it in the game for players to get. Though it is April fools, fool me Anet.

RP enthusiast

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

When I enter in any world in SAB with stack of baubles and when I collect more baubles they are not counting so please fix.

There is a wallet size you need to upgrade in SAB. I think it goes up to 1000? I can’t remember.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Keep it as a Festival. We need more Festivals, not less.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Well in that case we should make PvP a “Festival”. Three weeks of the year you can fight against other players! How about making Caledon Forest a festival as well? Have it blocked off except for in July! Maybe we could have a festival of boots, and turn foot gear off for the rest of the year!

Really. SAB isn’t a festival, it’s a mini-game, and the game is screaming for permanent content and variety.

Though I do actually agree with you that the game needs festivals, SAB shouldn’t be wasted on filling the calendar. Besides, new zones could be added every April, if they really wanted some kind of annual thing.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Well in that case we should make PvP a “Festival”.

Isn’t that what seasons are, sort of?

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

It’s ridiculous. Why penalize people who BOUGHT buffs from Anet??!

Agree, I thought it would remove food and utility “buffs” but not the actual metabolic and utility primers with plenty of hours left on them too. I don’t consider those to be buffs but agreements of dedicated time bought with money that food and utility could be resumed on after consumption…… Not good at all.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Thank you very much Anet. Thumbs up from me.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

It also means they won’t have to spend much time to fix it once april comes next year.
I mean, the reason why we couldn’t have it back before is exactly because it ended up totally and utterly broken. Fixing bugs once some issue arises would be simpler than piling them up and ending up with a ton of bugs all together (that may likely create other unintended consequences, and make the whole debugging all over more difficult).

No, actually, it doesn’t. It’s much easier to fix it all at one go and test it once rather than test it again for every single change.

SAB is back! [Merged]

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Let’s be honest besides it being another chance to obtain the shinies/achievements from previous SAB events as well as the new wep set it is nothing much more than another opportunity for them to sell the Infinite coin….

That may sound harsh you may think, but is it, really? Let’s look at a what else is new besides the orange weps. A big selling point would be the guild hall decorations right? Well in order to get access to those tabs from Motto you need to find the furniture shops. And guess what, at least 1 of them is in tribulation mode. Unless you really want to lose your mind trying without the infinite coin you really have zero chance doing this.

I am trying for the trib furniture shop now in World 1 and let me tell you, its starting to get to me. Yes I caved and traded gold for gems to get the infinite coin. But that still does not make it much easier. There is always just that 1 or 2 jumps that will always get you. They have REALLY made it so you have to get those jumps absolutely perfect. If not, too bad.

So the point of this post? Moaning about having to buy the infinite coin to succeed easier at SAB? No. If anything the big selling point of SAB being about the new guild hall decorations when a good chunk of the population wont be able to get access to those (except the basic cloud) because of the fact they are tied behind having to do tribulation mode.

I wasn’t really a big fan of SAB in the past to the pint of joining the riot demands etc etc. But I did do enough to get pretty much all of the world one achieves and had planned to catch up doing the world 2 ones that I missed last time. But now, after facing this I am really not sure if I can stand the sight of it any more.

Anyone else hit the wall yet over this decorations issue? I expect more and more of these posts to arise soon enough if not already lol..

So, ty Anet I guess for bringing SAB back for those who have been asking for it. But no TY for hyping it up with the guild hall decorations and then hide them away where a good chunk of the population wont even be able to access them.

In before I get called out for falsely accusing anet of hyping anything up:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-the-super-adventure-festival/

“But the thing that makes us happiest of all is the biggest feature we were able to add: SAB Guild Hall decorations! That’s right—now you can build your very own super adventures in your guild hall. We can’t wait to see your imagination unleashed! "

EDIT: This post was merged into this thread.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)