[SPOILER CHARACTER] and merchandising :D

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Spoilers! be warned do not read further!!!!

So for those who finished the LS chapter must agree that Aurene is perfect for the gemstore. How? Simple: she is cute. Sell us a mini Aurene and backpack-glider combo! The backpack could be her latched to our backs like the sloth backpack, same thing for the glider. Anet take our money!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

She is exceptionally cute! Took lots of screenies. Lol.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I really wish they had not gone the cute route. It is a dragon, not a puppy.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

These threads remind me of something..

Attachments:

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I’d rather have a plush of her than a statue of a Charr for the expensive version of the Expansion :P

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Oh don’t worry I am sure she will be fully grown soon enough and look very mean and scary. Who knows, perhaps one day instead of gliding we will be flying on her back!. O.O

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I suspect they aren’t selling a mini now because it would be a major spoiler lol. I’m pretty sure they will sell it eventually. If I’m right then that’s actually quite smart of them.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

She’s so adorable! Such a cute kiddo!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Yargesh.4965

Oh don’t worry I am sure she will be fully grown soon enough and look very mean and scary. Who knows, perhaps one day instead of gliding we will be flying on her back!. O.O

I don’t care about mean and scary, wasn’t my point.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Okay….

So besides “cute” or “mean and scary” what else is there, ugly? You want it to be ugly? Don’t you know all babies are cute! It’s just the way it is! :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Yargesh.4965

Okay….

So besides “cute” or “mean and scary” what else is there, ugly? You want it to be ugly? Don’t you know all babies are cute! It’s just the way it is! :P

Why is only ugly left? Cute basically works to keep the young alive until they are old enough to survive on their own, dragons should be outside this unless they are using it purely for manipulation.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Considering how Gleam looked (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Baby_Dragon), I found the design of Aurene to be insultingly stupid. It does not relate to the old art direction, it does not relate to how Glint looked, it does not relate even to its importance and scope. But hey, it’s cute so the masses will love it, right!?

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Considering how Gleam looked (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Baby_Dragon), I found the design of Aurene to be insultingly stupid. It does not relate to the old art direction, it does not relate to how Glint looked, it does not relate even to its importance and scope. But hey, it’s cute so the masses will love it, right!?

Probably because the elder dragons haven’t reproduced to create another elder dragon, but only created dragon champions or “lesser dragons”.

As for GW1 Gleam, it was clearly easier to resize Glint model and use it instead, laziness of the ANets part, being only hexapod dragon model in whole GW1.

On another thought, the new chapter confirmed that Gleam is real and could be still alive, somewhere hidden (or at worst dead). Since Aurene is the Second Scion.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

its also a NEWBORN. all newborns are infantile and cute, thats the POINT. its an evolutionary tactic. even newly hatched crocodiles are dorbs. get over yourself.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

The juvenile wyverns also share a similar style so it was to be expected, it doesn’t really bother me. I’m looking forward to seeing Aurene become big (or bigger at least) in future stories.

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

Aurene actually shares the Mouth of Mordremoth’s look, albeit it has to fit a much smaller frame and thus appears to be infantile. Her design makes plenty of sense considering the egg was explicitly shown to have absorbed a quarter of Mordremoth’s own plant magic. Remember Gleam only had Glint’s own magic and nurturing to go by, so it would make sense its buildup was similar to Glint herself.

Aurene was “conceived” by Glint somehow and used Mordremoth’s magic to hatch, so I suppose she’s a very abnormal case. Besides that is not even that cute of a dragon, it’s bearing the uncanny valley route if you ask me, because it doesn’t fit with the rest of Tarir’s visuals (but it makes sense if you assume Mordy’s magic would shape her frame).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s entirely possible that ANet already has plans for this, but: they didn’t want anyone to be spoiled by introducing these ‘skins’ too soon.

Speaking of spoilers: I commend the OP for being careful in the title and opening post to give people a chance to avoid being spoiled. PS there’s also a way to format text so that it’s initial hidden, if you want to do that.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”