Stop the Champtrains!

Stop the Champtrains!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: etienne.1039

etienne.1039

Please stop the champ trains. I want to kill whenever whatever.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I just do that anyway, the rage I get makes it worth the trouble. If people weren’t so abusive about it I wouldn’t feel the need to troll people.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

then go and kill it then… what’s the problem?

if you’re getting abuse, report them.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

That’s assuming you can even kill some of these champs on your own.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Then do so. I personally always liked 1 vs 1 against champs and the introduction of champ trains certainly didn’t stop me from doing them solo (though it much harder now to find a champ that isn’t overrun by the train before you even get half done). They are demanding, require a lot of skill and offer a great deal of satisfaction when you kill them (unlike doing it as part of some Hiroshima champ zerg).

But choose your fights carefully, some of the low level zone champs can be deceiving. For example “Larry” (troll near “Vale Waypoint” in “Queensdale”) can be very hard to solo because he has lots of KDs which will get you killed unless you don’t counter them.

As for the champ crybabies and their complaints, just ignore them. Most of the time their comments are just rude of even worthy of reporting but remember, they can’t do (nor should they) anything about that. They are just a bunch of selfish people that got used too much to a very unnatural thing that is currently happening in the game. Not their fault though, its a system that the game itself promotes by having such high champ respawn rate.

(edited by holodoc.5748)

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Path of least resistance. Players want gold, and the quickest way to do it (currently and argumentatively) is to join a champ train and run around in circles till your eyes bleed. It is not going to stop until ANet designs another way of making good gold in another fashion. Scarlet was the king for a while, but the loot has been tweaked and has become much less lucrative, same goes for Orr and even this years labyrinth pales in comparison to last years loot fest.

If you are in an area and want/need to kill a champ, do so, if you get treated with vitriol for doing so report those that are abusive. Other than that, you/we are all hooped till the “next big thing” comes along.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

then go and kill it then… what’s the problem?

if you’re getting abuse, report them.

This.

I run with the champ train, and it’s annoying when it gets derailed, but what’s stopping you from killing a champ if you can?

As far as I’m concerned, you’ll never hear badmouthing from me about this. :p

Or, you can join the choo choo and wait for your champ’s stop…

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Stop the Champtrains!

etienne.1039

I can’t kill them on my own but there is a huge pressure in the chat NOT to kill a champ before a train arrives. And I don’t like that. That is my message.

Stop the Champtrains!

knives.6345

I can’t kill them on my own but there is a huge pressure in the chat NOT to kill a champ before a train arrives. And I don’t like that. That is my message.

Well, what you’re doing is telling people to stop how they want to play so you can play how you want to play… Ironic..

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

I hop in the Queensdale train every so often. The train is definitely going to announce in chat if a champ dies out of rotation, as an FYI. And some people are immature about their annoyance. But if someone makes a personal attack against you for playing open world content – report! Those mobs are not the personal property of the train.

Stop the Champtrains!

etienne.1039

Well, what you’re doing is telling people to stop how they want to play so you can play how you want to play… Ironic..

You’re missing my point. If people want to kill champs with others, fine to me. They can do so. If I’m ordered to not kill a champ, that’s a different story. And yes, I know i can make a report, but I don’t feel like that. I want to play the game.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Yeah, dont worry about champ trains. Trigger an event when youre darn good and ready. If it messes up the champ train, so be it. If mapchat turns abusive, begin the reports. If I find people being verbally abusive to others who began an event ‘early’…I’ll get in on the fun and start farming my own champs and really mess with their routine.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Stop the Champtrains!

knives.6345

You’re missing my point. If people want to kill champs with others, fine to me. They can do so. If I’m ordered to not kill a champ, that’s a different story. And yes, I know i can make a report, but I don’t feel like that. I want to play the game.

Then what’s stopping you from NOT taking the order? Play how you want and let them play how they want. If they got to the champ you’re killing – deal with it – you didn’t kill it fast enough. They have their goals, you have yours – unfortunately, if both people can’t get a compromise, the majority wins and you have to deal with it.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

And I don’t like that. That is my message.

I don’t like Lady Ga Ga. But she’s not going to go away just because I said so. Accepting this and getting on with life is called maturity.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

How dare you, OP?!?!? Some people enjoy zergling roleplay! Who are YOU to tell them how to play?!?!?!1111?!?!?!

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: erthebear.8109

erthebear.8109

Had to jump in here…

From my experience in the Queensdale champ trains, it seems like some players do kill champs “out of order” not due to personal play choice but simply to annoy the other players. When people object, the player’s response could be described as “entitled trolling”. As has been noted in this thread, a player wishing to kill a certain champ can just join the train briefly until their “stop” and then go on their way.

I don’t think Queensdale is the only map in all of GW2 that has champion-level monsters to challenge solo players who choose to fight them.

tl;dr There’s griefing on both sides of this issue so maybe it balances out and we can get back to enjoying our time in Tyria.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

Yeah, dont worry about champ trains. Trigger an event when youre darn good and ready. If it messes up the champ train, so be it. If mapchat turns abusive, begin the reports. If I find people being verbally abusive to others who began an event ‘early’…I’ll get in on the fun and start farming my own champs and really mess with their routine.

I do have to say; deliberately being a jerk to punish the two or three people who complained (and incidentally everyone who didn’t), and scattering things on purpose, just because you CAN … that is not exactly the same spirit as the solo guy who is trying to take down champs on his own, and just doesn’t want to get yelled at for it. That might be part of what causes some of the bad feeling surrounding out of rotation kills.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I would be one of them. Hate or love me, I don’t have people tell me when and where I can kill something. The Trains run 24/7 and if I need a champ for my daily or monthly I aint gonna wait for the so called train to arrive. Most of them people cant even find their speed skills, that means I have to stand 15 minutes around for low levels and alt levelers to arrive and then wait another 5 or 10 minutes till it’s dead. I don’t mind trains but I don’t mind people killing champs out of order and I love people killing champs just for fun. Nothing more entertaining than 10 kids screaming at you because they didn’t made it in time To OP, kill whatever and wherever you want, those people get over it and if not there’s the block and report function if some people can not watch their language. No reason to get rid of trains at all.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I participated in one of these trains a couple of days ago for the first time. As a relatively new player I have mixed feelings about this.

My immediate reaction is that there’s something wrong with a game when capped players think the best way to get loot is beating up low-level bosses. Seems to be a larger issue with GW2 where the loot you get is based on your level rather than the level of the mob, which always struck me as strange. I was fighting these bosses at level and getting a tiny fraction of what I get now. It basically encourages this sort of gameplay.

I also think that it’s pretty clear that they are not balanced to deal with swarms of 20-30 people, and they respawn too quickly. At level players exploring the map don’t need “champions” that respawn every 10 or 15 minutes.

In terms of how to deal with the train, it’s fine to say that everyone has a right to do what they wish, but it’s clearly antisocial to deliberately mess people up as I have seen some do. The champ train seems to be at least as much about socializing as getting “stuff” and I don’t think there’s anything admirable about essentially griefing people.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Yes, let’s remove the only profitable thing in the game (outside of CoF). What a splendid idea.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

What should be removed is 85% of the waypoints in each zone.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Stop the Champtrains!

Qaelyn.7612

The waypoints are a good point as well. I also noticed, and found it odd, that in Queensdale at least there are 3 champions right near each other, 2 right near each other, and huge map expanses with none anywhere in the vicinity.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

the Champ Train to the extent it is such a “thing” now came into being not because of champ loot.
rather because of a combination of CoF p1 not being so lucrative anymore and because of the karma nerf.
Queensdale answers this for those players.

I think the only way that the situation can be improved for all players is if the rewards in this game gets a rework so that playing your preferred kind of content rewards you with the things you need in game.

This way people can get what they need by doing what they enjoy doing.
win win

Gunnar’s Hold

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Yes, let’s remove the only profitable thing in the game (outside of CoF). What a splendid idea.

Dude, CoF is history. There are now way more profitable ways to earn gold – running AC for Soldiers inscriptions (7-8g each at least + 4,5g daily for full tour + all the loot), turning skill points to superior arrow carts and selling them on TP (17-18s earned per skill point), doing ore runs for 4-5g per character/per day etc.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Path of least resistance. Players want gold, and the quickest way to do it (currently and argumentatively) is to join a champ train and run around in circles till your eyes bleed. It is not going to stop until ANet designs another way of making good gold in another fashion. Scarlet was the king for a while, but the loot has been tweaked and has become much less lucrative, same goes for Orr and even this years labyrinth pales in comparison to last years loot fest.

If you are in an area and want/need to kill a champ, do so, if you get treated with vitriol for doing so report those that are abusive. Other than that, you/we are all hooped till the “next big thing” comes along.

It would be quite easy to stop it if Anet wants to. They don’t need to nerf the loot, they can just randomise the spawn timers.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I do have to say; deliberately being a jerk to punish the two or three people who complained (and incidentally everyone who didn’t), and scattering things on purpose, just because you CAN … that is not exactly the same spirit as the solo guy who is trying to take down champs on his own, and just doesn’t want to get yelled at for it. That might be part of what causes some of the bad feeling surrounding out of rotation kills.

Guild Wars 2 playerbase is toxic, what can I say?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Champ trains are fine. Stop telling others how to play. Stop worring about what others are doing. If you don’t want to farm, there are plenty of champs on all the maps, I’m sure you’ll be able to find plenty of champs that have not even seen or heard a player in quite a while.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I participated in one of these trains a couple of days ago for the first time. As a relatively new player I have mixed feelings about this.

My immediate reaction is that there’s something wrong with a game when capped players think the best way to get loot is beating up low-level bosses. Seems to be a larger issue with GW2 where the loot you get is based on your level rather than the level of the mob, which always struck me as strange. I was fighting these bosses at level and getting a tiny fraction of what I get now. It basically encourages this sort of gameplay.

I also think that it’s pretty clear that they are not balanced to deal with swarms of 20-30 people, and they respawn too quickly. At level players exploring the map don’t need “champions” that respawn every 10 or 15 minutes.

In terms of how to deal with the train, it’s fine to say that everyone has a right to do what they wish, but it’s clearly antisocial to deliberately mess people up as I have seen some do. The champ train seems to be at least as much about socializing as getting “stuff” and I don’t think there’s anything admirable about essentially griefing people.

Yeah, design wise there’s an issue, whether or not Anet will change anything is another story. Naturally there are a few things they could do to help alleviate some of the problems.

Everyone does have the right to kill what they want, when they want, however there’s a cause and effect here, not effect and cause. You will always see people calling out the order and demanding it be followed and when it doesn’t, they become rude, toxic, etc (cause). It encourages others to kill things out of order (effect). It’s rather clear how this works.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Stop the Champtrains!

Teege.4623

Champ trains are fine. Stop telling others how to play. Stop worring about what others are doing. If you don’t want to farm, there are plenty of champs on all the maps, I’m sure you’ll be able to find plenty of champs that have not even seen or heard a player in quite a while.

And if the train people want to farm champs, they too can hit other maps. They’re not anymore entitled to one map than the next person. You’re part of the problem.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

And if the train people want to farm champs, they too can hit other maps. They’re not anymore entitled to one map than the next person. You’re part of the problem.

You are the problem.

I’m not griefing other players.

I’m not running to the forums telling others that they have to play differently.

I’m not calling other players names.

I’m farming and socializing with the others farming.

I’m also on one map. You have a huge selection of maps to choose from. You can just as easily go to a different map to get your one champ.

I’m not the one trying to disrupt a bunch of players just because I feel like they should not farm.

You are the problem.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

Stop the Champtrains!

Xae Isareth.1364

You are the problem.

I’m not running to the forums telling others that they have to play differently.

I’m also on one map. You have a huge selection of maps to choose from. You can just as easily go to a different map to get your one champ.

You are the problem.

I just do whatever I feel like. I don’t go killing champions with the specific goal to anger others, I went and killed Oakheart/Boar/Wasp because I felt like it. Why should I move to another map? Is there a rule that says Queensdale is solely the private hunting ground of the train?

Stop the Champtrains!

Teege.4623

You are the problem.

You are the problem.

I just do whatever I feel like. I don’t go killing champions with the specific goal to anger others, I went and killed Oakheart/Boar/Wasp because I felt like it. Why should I move to another map? Is there a rule that says Queensdale is solely the private hunting ground of the train?

Apparently some of the entitled farmers seem to think so.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As someone who does solo champ kills in those other zones, I’m happier the train stays in QDale. Better for them, better for me.

FWIW, the solution to people behaving badly is not to change events, nerf farming or alter respawn timers. What you’re saying here is, “I want people to stop behaving badly but I don’t want to use the tools that exist to help deter that behavior.”

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Ever since I saw people using death threats against people killing champions out of order I felt it was my duty to annoy the scumbag farmers.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

This is a troll topic. The only zones that have champ trains on a regular basis are Queensdale and Frostgorge. I have no trouble going to every other zone and attempting the champs there. There are hundreds of champs. You are complaining about a dozen. Kill them once anyway to prove you can do it, but if you are doing it more than once a day, then you are the one deliberately seeking out conflict.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

This is a troll topic. The only zones that have champ trains on a regular basis are Queensdale and Frostgorge. I have no trouble going to every other zone and attempting the champs there. There are hundreds of champs. You are complaining about a dozen. Kill them once anyway to prove you can do it, but if you are doing it more than once a day, then you are the one deliberately seeking out conflict.

^ This 100% It is TWO ZONES OUT OF OVER A DOZEN – people just like to troll others to be jerks and use excuses to justify it.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Short answer : no.
Long answer : no because other players have the same right – and they can choose to organize and play whatever way they want.

You’re free to try to kill champs and compete with the zerg.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Stop the Champtrains!

slurpey.6014

^ This 100% It is TWO ZONES OUT OF OVER A DOZEN – people just like to troll others to be jerks and use excuses to justify it.

We could tell you exactly the same. If you hate people killing your so called “own” and beloved champions, move to a other map and you wont have to deal with that. Not trying to have a fight here, but showing you that we could say exactly the same. Neither of the groups (zergs or single players) have the right to scream at others for not following a rotation.

Stop the Champtrains!

Xae Isareth.1364

They should have a day of compulsory open world PvP. Queensdale would be hilarious.

Stop the Champtrains!

slurpey.6014

They should have a day of compulsory open world PvP. Queensdale would be hilarious.

should make that a month long living world event with achievements.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I smell as burgers, in this thread.

Anyways, if you want to kill champions out of order, and ruin other people’s fun, you’re free to do so.

However, just understand the consequences, people will dislike you. I certainly hope those do not act like this in real life, as it is indicative of sociopathic behavior, and would explain why certain someones do not have friends.

Think it’s just trolling in an MMO? You forget there are real people playing this game. You might want to read up on this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Neither of the groups (zergs or single players) have the right to scream at others for not following a rotation.

I for one agree with this. I run with the champion train occasionally, but personally, I have never seen anyone scream at anyone that killed a champion before the train arrived. Move on to the next champion, no big deal.

The one time it was a bit annoying to skip a champion was, when a bot killed it repeatedly, but that is a completely different issue.

The only time I have seen people complain was when one commander left, another took over and he ran a different route. The champion train of people then all of a sudden split up and killed two champions at the same time. As a result, everyone therefore missed out on killing one of them. In other words, the champion train managed to troll itself.

I have no issue with people preferring the train, nor with people that wish to kill a champion on their own.

However, if it is true that some people kill a champion, with the sole purpose to annoy others, then they have a bad attitude in my opinion.

Stop the Champtrains!

knives.6345

I smell as burgers, in this thread.

Anyways, if you want to kill champions out of order, and ruin other people’s profits and fun, you’re free to do so.

However, just understand the consequences, provided you could defeat them in the first place, people will dislike you.

^

This.

Everyone doesn’t want to move on another map just to prove something – Ego – that they can do what they want and others must move aside.

The train is in that map because it’s the most convenient, straightforward map to run the train. I’m not saying that you cannot kill the champ that is on the route of the train, but there are other champs that are NOT in the route of the train – if you’re getting the dailies or something. I don’t recall having to kill a specific champ in the game…

Why inconvenience a group of people when you have an alternate?

Again, it’s your freedom to choose – but like in the real world, there are consequences, so don’t QQ if people hates you. Freedom is not absolute.

Stop the Champtrains!

Kain Francois.4328

If a camera crew is filming a movie, would you intentionally stand in front of their camera? Would you tell them just to film elsewhere? Would you complain if they were mad at you?

This deals with a little something our parents call “respect”. You’re forgetting MMOs are played by real-people, and you should treat them with the same courtesy you would treat someone in real life.

If you don’t understand moral and social conduct, then I worry about this new generation of insolent whippersnappers.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

Stop the Champtrains!

Qaelyn.7612

I won’t accuse anyone here of griefing. But I have definitely seen it — people who were killing the same bosses as others, just deliberately doing it in a different order to mess them up, and then taunting on the map channel.

One of the drawbacks of a game with many players is that you can get away with this. There are games where behaving anti-socially has very real gameplay consequences — your reputation precedes you, and pretty soon you’re playing by yourself even when you don’t want to.

(edited by Qaelyn.7612)

Stop the Champtrains!

Kain Francois.4328

Again, it’s your freedom to choose – but like in the real world, there are consequences, so don’t QQ if people hates you. Freedom is not absolute.

Luckily Guild Wars 2 is a game revolving around guilds, where we can blacklist those who cause trouble.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

If a camera crew is filming a movie, would you intentionally stand in front of their camera? Would you tell them just to film elsewhere? Would you complain if they were mad at you?

That depends on where they were filming. If a film crew decided to set up in my neighborhood suddenly, particularly without my consent, I might.

No one here has considered that perhaps some of the favorite champ train maps were also favorite maps for others, and now the experience of fighting most champions (rather than AFK auto attacking) on those maps has been taken away.

I used to have fun soling the troll and norn in Frostgorge with my staff ele just to have the satisfaction of doing it. Now, I can’t, because the train generally shows up by the time I get one of them to half health, if not earlier. I normally just shrug my shoulders and collect the loot, but I could see how some people would get upset.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

If you don’t understand moral and social conduct, then I worry about this new generation of insolent whippersnappers.

Every generation goes through this. Look at the Baby Boomers in the 60s, they went from free love and smoking dope to worrying about their 401ks and Medicare benefits. The internet just makes it faster and easier to be a jerk to lots of random strangers.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

YAY. Infracted. Seriously though, why should people get rewarded for farming champions at all? They’re a piece of cake to kill (I can solo a lot of champions).

I think they should nerf rewards based on the number of players that tag the champion.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

We could tell you exactly the same. If you hate people killing your so called “own” and beloved champions, move to a other map and you wont have to deal with that. Not trying to have a fight here, but showing you that we could say exactly the same. Neither of the groups (zergs or single players) have the right to scream at others for not following a rotation.

You are right, neither group should scream at the other – but the individuals who knowingly kill champs just to muck up the gameplay of dozens of people working together is stupid. The “champ train” is not ruining your gameplay – these have been tagged “farming zones” BY THE COMMUNITY so how about respecting the community instead of only thinking about yourself?