Stop the Champtrains!

Stop the Champtrains!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

When I read these threads I tend to think that the two sides of the debate are separated by a wall of socialization and social skills. Some people play well with others, some don’t. I therefore don’t believe the problem at heart is game design, simply what we experience everywhere in a world of others.

That said, game design does influence in-game behavior. We see that with things like non-competitive resource nodes and tagging. Huge change from the leading MMO out there and a huge improvement. I don’t believe the champ train was a targeted outcome of design, but here it is. And, it will remain until other equally lucrative ways of farming are created. Earlier, it was DE chains in Orr, now we have champ trains, world events, dungeons, and temporary content. I would hope that the goal is to make all playstyles and all areas equally rewarding.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

YAY. Infracted. Seriously though, why should people get rewarded for farming champions at all? They’re a piece of cake to kill (I can solo a lot of champions).

I think they should nerf rewards based on the number of players that tag the champion.

Because not every person can solo a champion. Not every person does it for the bags and not every person likes to solo content. I mean I understand what you’re saying but that’s as ignorant as people saying that the champs belong to the trains.

In general, there is no reason to nerf the loot of the champions, nor is there a reason to get rid of the trains at all. However as mentioned earlier, both parties (zerg and single players) have to learn that it’s not all about them and only them. It goes both ways, and the moment people understand the concept of it (i don’t care which side) we wont have people complaining and demanding regular game content to be changed. It’s a simple change of mind, and doesn’t need any fix from Anet.

Now it would be different if Anet changes the Karma to what it was prior. People wouldn’t have to run Champ Trains, which would take away the amount of people in lower level maps and the complaints. We finally would move to higher level areas and enjoy the farming there, with or without a zerg. But that’s a different topic.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

I find many of champ train participants to have a horrible attitude.
f.e. when we do a quaggan rush with a guild there’s a champion underwater wurm in the way, that we need to kill to help our guildies pass and we almost always get called “trolls” or “noobs” for doing so by champ farmers.
That sense of privilege, that no one can do champs but them I find very childish and pathetic.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

When I read these threads I tend to think that the two sides of the debate are separated by a wall of socialization and social skills. Some people play well with others, some don’t. I therefore don’t believe the problem at heart is game design, simply what we experience everywhere in a world of others.

That said, game design does influence in-game behavior. We see that with things like non-competitive resource nodes and tagging. Huge change from the leading MMO out there and a huge improvement. I don’t believe the champ train was a targeted outcome of design, but here it is. And, it will remain until other equally lucrative ways of farming are created. Earlier, it was DE chains in Orr, now we have champ trains, world events, dungeons, and temporary content. I would hope that the goal is to make all playstyles and all areas equally rewarding.

Good point. In other MMOs, like Rift, I’ve seen other players swoop in and take a resource node or quest object/target away from me even though I was clearly headed towards it. I’ve also stopped and held back from taking something away from another player when I saw he was closer than I was. The difference between an MMO and a single player game is that you have to share the game world with other players, you don’t always get everything to yourself.

If GW2 were like other games, roving groups of guildies or PUGs would wander Queensdale and Frostgorge competing with each other to tag the bosses first so they would get the loot and the other group would get nothing. Instead it doesn’t cost you anything to wait a few seconds for the group to catch up or even just to check via chat where they are and decide if you should wait or take the champion yourself.

Or you can be like the kid in preschool who thinks all the toys belong to him and him alone.

Stop the Champtrains!

tolunart.2095

Now it would be different if Anet changes the Karma to what it was prior. People wouldn’t have to run Champ Trains, which would take away the amount of people in lower level maps and the complaints. We finally would move to higher level areas and enjoy the farming there, with or without a zerg. But that’s a different topic.

That wouldn’t change anything, it would still be one of the best ways to get easy karma, xp and loot. I suspect the most vocal complaints come from the people who used to kick other players from the COF speedruns for being five seconds too slow. Every champion they don’t kill is 10s of loot they don’t get.

Stop the Champtrains!

slurpey.6014

This is a troll topic. The only zones that have champ trains on a regular basis are Queensdale and Frostgorge. I have no trouble going to every other zone and attempting the champs there. There are hundreds of champs. You are complaining about a dozen. Kill them once anyway to prove you can do it, but if you are doing it more than once a day, then you are the one deliberately seeking out conflict.

^ This 100% It is TWO ZONES OUT OF OVER A DOZEN – people just like to troll others to be jerks and use excuses to justify it.

We could tell you exactly the same. If you hate people killing your so called “own” and beloved champions, move to a other map and you wont have to deal with that. Not trying to have a fight here, but showing you that we could say exactly the same. Neither of the groups (zergs or single players) have the right to scream at others for not following a rotation.

You are right, neither group should scream at the other – but the individuals who knowingly kill champs just to muck up the gameplay of dozens of people working together is stupid. The “champ train” is not ruining your gameplay – these have been tagged “farming zones” BY THE COMMUNITY so how about respecting the community instead of only thinking about yourself?

You’re correct, if a person kills something on purpose just to mess with others that’s something I do not agree on either. However it does happen that some people took a break and just got back. First thing they see is their monthlies for example and they decide for what so ever reason to do that in Queensdale.

now you have to keep in mind that months ago there was no champ train in queensdale, or at least not like it is today. They start killing the champ and let me tell you, some of the map chat i’ve read and reported is disgusting. It is not a surprise that some people then as a reaction start spam killing the champions out of the rotation.

I am not saying that’s a good thing to do, but it is not surprising. I just think that respect is the key and that if you roam around Queensdale should have the decency to read your map chat and see if people doing the train. But although the train should have the decency pointing out in a nice way that there is a zerg running and welcoming the “new” or older person to join the fun. But at the end of the day, I think that there is no reason to nerf the reward or the trains itself, just because some people can’t play nice.

It’s surprising to me that only the Queensdale train gets mentioned and not the others. I guess people are not high level enough to join the other trains or solo those champions, or at that level just don’t give a kitten anymore lol

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I find many of champ train participants to have a horrible attitude.
f.e. when we do a quaggan rush with a guild there’s a champion underwater wurm in the way, that we need to kill to help our guildies pass and we almost always get called “trolls” or “noobs” for doing so by champ farmers.
That sense of privilege, that no one can do champs but them I find very childish and pathetic.

I don’t know what server you’re on, but on mine this does not happen. I have been on both sides, since I do the FGS champ train often and also do guild events. Every time a guild does kill the wurm for guild missions, they call it out in map chat and we all just ignore that champ for 15 mins. Not one person has ever been rude. Maybe you should change servers! IoJ is a nice community

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’m so tired of these threads… whaaaaaa…. whaaaaa… I’m right, you’re wrong. I WANT 2PLAY MY WAY… whaaaa… whaaaaa.

So the problem is immaturity and ignorance on both sides. Ignore or report abusive behavior and get on with your day. PLEASE.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

If you really want to solo a champ, you can always just go to one on the many zones where the champ trains aren’t running.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Yesterday 10/26/13 my guild was doing guild missions and we happened to get Devious Teesa for one of the bounties and were hassled by the champ train in Frostgorge Sound because one of the members had his commander tag on to help other members locate where he was at when Teesa was found, these TWITS need to go.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I think they should nerf rewards based on the number of players that tag the champion.

This suggestion would create a situation wherein everyone farming champs would be unhappy to see anyone else. If you think people get upset with others over champions now, this suggestion — if implemented — would increase the rudeness and griefing tenfold.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

Good for levelling and xp. Wouldn’t do Queensdale runs on my max lvl guys though, as white bags are virtually worthless, give or take.

Frostgorge is different.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Answer to the topic sentence: No.

I don’t care to run with champion farm trains either, but if that’s how they want to play, then I’ll just keep doing my own thing and not be bothered by it, and I will not purposely aggravate them for playing differently.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Shiz.3274

Shiz.3274

I don’t really get the whole moaning about champ runs. Nobody is able to restrict you from killing it. So what if people tell you to not do it? Surely you aren’t obliged to listen to every command issued by some stranger on the internet… if you want to kill it, kill it, What will they do? Drown you in their salty tears?

This whole thread is so ridiculous. You want to restrict people from running champs because YOU decided to listen to some random dude that told you to not kill one… Seriously?

So… If i told you to burn your house and you do it. You’d go to the police and cry how it’s my fault? If you don’t see a problem with this, i urge you to seek professional help.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

While I think anet may change champ farming in the future, I don’t think that reason should be because some players are rude, that’s what the report function is for.

Champ farming doesn’t magically turn people into jerks(although being anon probably does), those people were always like that, they only needed to be provoked.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

Maybe if they hadn’t made everything so grind based people wouldn’t feel the need to do things to optimize and speed up the grind. It’s basic human nature and psychology.

Humans naturally try to find the shortest path to a goal. People want Legendary Weapons and precursors and ascended stuff so they do what ever repeatable content to achieve these goals. Humans will optimize and streamline in the face of repetition.

“Champtrains” are a symptom of a problem that ANet created with their design choices and philosophy 180. Removing that symptom will just create another.

It’s a no win situation for ANet though because if they simply rewarded people for accomplishing things straight up, there will be a segment who will moan and complain about “things are too easy and casual friendly” because of THIER need to feel special in a video game.

The only way to make things better is to put some content that has enough challenge to justify a great reward. Guild Wars 2 combat mechanics don’t allow for that challenge.

ANet put themselves in a tight spot and the only solution they have right now is “the grind”.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Anyways, if you want to kill champions out of order, and ruin other people’s fun, you’re free to do so.

The train usually does not wait for me, so if i am going to kill a champ, i will announce it in chat, but i see no reason to wait for too long.
Champ farmers can play the way they want. Individual players can play the way that they want. This is okay. It’s when one of those groups starts giving demands to the other group that it becomes unacceptable behaviour.

TL/DR: Champ trains will continue to run. People will continue to kill champs out of order. Do not be a kitten and try to deliberately forbid or derail one of those behaviours.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Stop the Champtrains!

tolunart.2095

Maybe if they hadn’t made everything so grind based people wouldn’t feel the need to do things to optimize and speed up the grind. It’s basic human nature and psychology.

The decision was made long before GW2 existed. Anet designed the game with the idea that players would approach it casually, gradually accumulating the resources necessary to complete a Legendary as they explored the game world, in the process encountering many chances to obtain a precursor or saving up the gold to buy one.

Two weeks after release a number of players had Legendary weapons and said “so now what?”

A very vocal minority of players have already been trained on other MMOs that the purpose of the game is to keep grinding for carrots, they demand new carrots to chase every few months because there is no other point to playing the game.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Then do so. I personally always liked 1 vs 1 against champs and the introduction of champ trains certainly didn’t stop me from doing them solo (though it much harder now to find a champ that isn’t overrun by the train before you even get half done).

Err no it isn’t. There’s at least half a dozen champs on every map, the train is only on two maps….

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

If you really want to solo a champ, you can always just go to one on the many zones where the champ trains aren’t running.

But no! People like OP wants to kill a champ that is included on the train – for some unknown reason… :|

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I can’t kill them on my own but there is a huge pressure in the chat NOT to kill a champ before a train arrives. And I don’t like that. That is my message.

Well, what you’re doing is telling people to stop how they want to play so you can play how you want to play… Ironic..

You’re missing my point. If people want to kill champs with others, fine to me. They can do so. If I’m ordered to not kill a champ, that’s a different story. And yes, I know i can make a report, but I don’t feel like that. I want to play the game.

So … because you don’t like people telling you in game how they want you to act you come here to the forums to tell them how you want them to act. I don’t think we’re missing the point at all … you are.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

Sadly that would cause the same problem in a different form, people would yell at others joining them in champ fights because the loot wouldn’t be as good. It sounds good at first but then if you think about it it becomes the worst idea EVER.

I’m glad the champ trains stay in a couple places, but it’s also sad to run by a champ in another zone that you know you can’t beat by yourself and wish that there were other people there to kill it with you.

I can’t kill them on my own but there is a huge pressure in the chat NOT to kill a champ before a train arrives. And I don’t like that. That is my message.

Well, what you’re doing is telling people to stop how they want to play so you can play how you want to play… Ironic..

You’re missing my point. If people want to kill champs with others, fine to me. They can do so. If I’m ordered to not kill a champ, that’s a different story. And yes, I know i can make a report, but I don’t feel like that. I want to play the game.

So … because you don’t like people telling you in game how they want you to act you come here to the forums to tell them how you want them to act. I don’t think we’re missing the point at all … you are.

He didn’t say anything about them not killing champs, he said they can play how they want and he just wants to be able to kill champs without being yelled at.

The Legion Calls

(edited by Ashes.9586)

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: The Stain.4169

The Stain.4169

What this thread proves….beyond any doubt….is that some people’s true enjoyment out of this game is complaining rather than playing.

People come on here and snivel anytime there is a significant group of people who play the game different than they (the complainer) does. First there was whining about COF….then about the Arah giant farming…then the Orr champ train…now the Queensdale/Frostgorge champ trains.

I have spent my share of time in the Frostgorge train, and 99% of the issues complained about here are simply untrue in my experience. If someone has killed a champ out of sequence….the train just moves on. I have NEVER, not once, seen any abuse dished out as a result. The train barely skips a beat…it just keeps moving.

Where do the complainers get this inflated sense of self importance, that their solo desires outweigh the desires of the 30-50+ people in the train? If you want to solo the champ…DO IT! Before the champ train, NO ONE was hanging around in Frostgorge soloing champs. It was pretty much a ghost town. Now with the train, we have people like the OP whining about it because they claim they can’t go in and spend 15 or so tedious minutes soloing a champ. Without the train OP, you would not even be in Frostgorge…if you won’t admit it publicly, at least admit it to yourself. You just want something to complain about.

It’s sort of like the old curmudgeon who calls the police whenever there is a party in his neighborhood….just because he is not there….and he resents others having fun in their own way.

So good work OP! Keep whining and soon Anet will probably find a way to derail the train, and the game as a whole will further suffer from yet another nerf to an income source. But, you will find deep inner vindication that you took away the fun from a large group of people who were doing NOTHING to negatively impact your gaming experience, and that is clearly what is really important to you.

If I wasn’t too lazy to search, I bet the OP could be found on the record complaining in the past about COF and god knows what else.

Stop the Champtrains!

tolunart.2095

If I wasn’t too lazy to search, I bet the OP could be found on the record complaining in the past about COF and god knows what else.

The lazy man’s search: click on his name, select “See All Messages By…”

edit: three posts total. all in this thread.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

Well, in all fairness, perhaps the only champ some people can kill is a level 5. They want the challenge without the zerg, but they need to do a low level one.

Stop the Champtrains!

tolunart.2095

Well, in all fairness, perhaps the only champ some people can kill is a level 5. They want the challenge without the zerg, but they need to do a low level one.

There are four other beginner level zones.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I really don’t see a reason for both group to fight each other.

For Champ train: who ever break your train by killing one champ without waiting for the zerg, it is any players’ right to kill champ if they are able to.

For casual player like me: I am perfectly fine somebody decided to zerg together for champ, what’s harm to my game play? NONE

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

My only problem with champ train is that it runs 24/7 and they are huge, basically filling the map and more often than not putting me in OF when i just want to kill jormag or SB. The only time i’m able to get into maps like Frostgorge Sound or Queensdale is when America is asleep lol. Although i swear, some of these folks never sleep.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

usually champ trains form.. because they respawn quick enough and players have somehow together figured out most efficient ways to farm these champs.

if you’re solo and you see a champ up, if you could take 2 seconds to say “_ champ is up”, then you’ll most likely hear from the champ train. “we’re at [ ], pls don’t stay ____ yet, we’re on our way”. if you want you can ask how far they are with [ ] and if you can join, if not, just wait a few at _.

sure, there will be people who can be extremely rude but there’s no reason for you to take offense to them. and if they are rude, you can always say “i was simply notifying people that the champ was up, not meaning to throw off the train”. especially since you are familiar with the concept of champ trains.

or.. go to maps where there are no champ trains and kill th ose champs.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ve ran with the QD champ train a few times now, and yes sometimes people kill the champs out of order. I see no issue with that. I’ve shouted down the brats that tried jumping on the people for doing it too. People have the right to play how they choose to play, and if they are exploring QD and come across a champ, they have the right to kill if they can. Equally, if someone feels like trolling the train b/c most of the people in it are kittenholes, that makes me laugh too. I know a couple of my guild mates have gone and done that during ‘prime time’ just to kitten with the train. That’s almost as much fun to watch as a ‘bait the troll’ session in LA. chuckle

To each their own, everyone enjoys playing a little bit differently.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

What this thread proves….beyond any doubt….is that some people’s true enjoyment out of this game is complaining rather than playing.

People come on here and snivel anytime there is a significant group of people who play the game different than they (the complainer) does. First there was whining about COF….then about the Arah giant farming…then the Orr champ train…now the Queensdale/Frostgorge champ trains.

I have spent my share of time in the Frostgorge train, and 99% of the issues complained about here are simply untrue in my experience. If someone has killed a champ out of sequence….the train just moves on. I have NEVER, not once, seen any abuse dished out as a result. The train barely skips a beat…it just keeps moving.

Where do the complainers get this inflated sense of self importance, that their solo desires outweigh the desires of the 30-50+ people in the train? If you want to solo the champ…DO IT! Before the champ train, NO ONE was hanging around in Frostgorge soloing champs. It was pretty much a ghost town. Now with the train, we have people like the OP whining about it because they claim they can’t go in and spend 15 or so tedious minutes soloing a champ. Without the train OP, you would not even be in Frostgorge…if you won’t admit it publicly, at least admit it to yourself. You just want something to complain about.

It’s sort of like the old curmudgeon who calls the police whenever there is a party in his neighborhood….just because he is not there….and he resents others having fun in their own way.

So good work OP! Keep whining and soon Anet will probably find a way to derail the train, and the game as a whole will further suffer from yet another nerf to an income source. But, you will find deep inner vindication that you took away the fun from a large group of people who were doing NOTHING to negatively impact your gaming experience, and that is clearly what is really important to you.

+1.

Make the open world Bosses actually hard.
But, of course, NO ONE wants that.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

My only problem with champ train is that it runs 24/7 and they are huge, basically filling the map and more often than not putting me in OF when i just want to kill jormag or SB. The only time i’m able to get into maps like Frostgorge Sound or Queensdale is when America is asleep lol. Although i swear, some of these folks never sleep.

Uncle Sam sleeps?

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

If they reduced the amount of farming/grinding needed to get the things players want, there’d be fewer farm trains. Or if they made the champs actually difficult.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Stop the Champtrains!

slurpey.6014

If they reduced the amount of farming/grinding needed to get the things players want, there’d be fewer farm trains. Or if they made the champs actually difficult.

then GW2 would be like any other game. 3 hours of farming, fully geared and max characters and we are all bored. Making champs more difficult won’t even matter, at prime time you have 30 – 50 people running into a low level champ. Sure if you plan on upgrading every champ like Teq than we’re actually talking about some entertainment , but otherwise it’s pointless. Increasing difficulty and or adjustment of the drop rate is not a solution.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Champs are difficult for average group of 5 players. Zerging and range combat makes it faceroll, those are greatest offenders.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

then GW2 would be like any other game. 3 hours of farming, fully geared and max characters and we are all bored.

I heard about this game. Its name sounds very similar to this one but lacks the number.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I’m one of those people who run trains, and yes it’s annoying when it gets derailed, but we move on – about a minute later when we’ve moved on to the next, we’ve forgotten about the last one not being there.

Additionally, trains should only affect your game play below ~40 and above ~70… anything between those levels you should be able to solo decently.

Ignore the chat, play the game, kill yer champ, loot, and be happy

EDIT: Look at it this way – everyone spewing at you in chat is falling behind on the train

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I don’t understand the “discussion” here. You want champ train to be nerfed because of its rewards or because of the player attitude???

If it’s reward, why the hell do you care how much others are making? And actually, many don’t realise the FG train is not that much more profitable than doing dungeon or world bosses run, until those two options hit DR. How many players do you think camp in the train for more than 2-3 hours? I can tell you, not that many.

If it’s the player you concern, the “bad mouth” players will still be in the game, train removed or not. They will still boot you in dungeon for whatever reason. Train doesn’t make people talk kitten. “Bad” people make train looks “bad”. And tbh, my server’s train is very friendly from my experience. Worm dead because of guild mission? We just move on to drake. Champ bag is more important than kitten talking.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I don’t understand the “discussion” here. You want champ train to be nerfed because of its rewards or because of the player attitude???

If it’s reward, why the hell do you care how much others are making? And actually, many don’t realise the FG train is not that much more profitable than doing dungeon or world bosses run, until those two options hit DR. How many players do you think camp in the train for more than 2-3 hours? I can tell you, not that many.

If it’s the player you concern, the “bad mouth” players will still be in the game, train removed or not. They will still boot you in dungeon for whatever reason. Train doesn’t make people talk kitten. “Bad” people make train looks “bad”. And tbh, my server’s train is very friendly from my experience. Worm dead because of guild mission? We just move on to drake. Champ bag is more important than kitten talking.

Yah, but QUAGGAN! Now, THAT’s a whole ’nuther ball of wax

Stop the Champtrains!

slurpey.6014

Neither

He wants the train removed because he want to solo the champion based on his schedule. This means he would have to wait for a train to pass by and respawn (since train killed it) or has to be quicker than the train. This causes problems with his way of playing and therefore the trains should be removed. In other words, he doesn’t like to be forced into a specific play style, yet he commands others to follow his. We just formed a whole discussion because we were bored. We wanted to show both sides of the games. (single player view as well as out of the zerg’s view), we drifted up a little with having a general discussion over today’s community and their behavior. Be patient we might get back on topic after a while

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: yksdoris.2194

yksdoris.2194

3 pieces of observation:

1) it really depends on which server you’re on. I’m on one of the medium-low population servers and while there are drawbacks (we really have to push HARD to compete with the zerker worlds in WvW), there are also plus sides: I’ve very rarely seen any unpleasantness in the QD map chat over champs and trains. It’s considered polite to notify people that a champ is up… if nobody shows up or asks to wait in, say, 2-3 min, just go ahead and kill it. Champs in QD, are IMO the best way to level up a new alt; and most of them are doable even on a relatively low level alt.

2) I’ve pulled Cobalt out of a white bag. Twice. Both times from Troll in QD and within about a week from each other. However, that was a couple of months ago. Still, it happened.

3) tangent: I’ve noticed myself getting a bit annoyed in QD when people don’t know which WP means which code word (I’ve seen people not knowing where to go for SB). I mean, sure it takes people a while to learn the map, but seriously… Queensdale is THE most over-populated map in the game, if you constantly have to ask where to go people get annoyed, and I’m not the only one. Suggestion 1: Join a guild. Guildies are usually all really helpful towards one another. Suggestion 2: just run the map until you know what’s where. Just… please don’t spam the map chat the entire time.

#ELEtism
Yak’s Bend

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

3) tangent: I’ve noticed myself getting a bit annoyed in QD when people don’t know which WP means which code word (I’ve seen people not knowing where to go for SB). I mean, sure it takes people a while to learn the map, but seriously… Queensdale is THE most over-populated map in the game, if you constantly have to ask where to go people get annoyed, and I’m not the only one. Suggestion 1: Join a guild. Guildies are usually all really helpful towards one another. Suggestion 2: just run the map until you know what’s where. Just… please don’t spam the map chat the entire time.

Conversely, as a new player I have to say that it’s pretty inconsiderate when there are 20 or 30 people running around doing something and none of them will take a minute out of their busy days to explain where the train is going and generally how to get there. Sometimes one kind soul will take the time, which is good. I’ve also seen it where nobody will answer at all.

Running the map is not going to show you where the champions are, especially if a mob slaughters them in 30 seconds every time they spawn.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: yksdoris.2194

yksdoris.2194

Conversely, as a new player I have to say that it’s pretty inconsiderate when there are 20 or 30 people running around doing something and none of them will take a minute out of their busy days to explain where the train is going and generally how to get there. Sometimes one kind soul will take the time, which is good. I’ve also seen it where nobody will answer at all.

Running the map is not going to show you where the champions are, especially if a mob slaughters them in 30 seconds every time they spawn.

Good point; Suggestion 3: private message (whisper) someone you see on the map that has either a guild tag and/or a downwards arrow next to their level. This shows that they’re several levels above the area. Or anyone calling out champs or events; these are people open for chatting, and they’re at the event; probably going for another one later. Aside from the fact that when people are spoken to directly, it’s more difficult to ignore (unless they’re total kittens, in which case try again. most people are nice), most guilds are pretty much always recruiting even if they’re not always advertising. Strike up a chat and if you like the user, you’ll probably like the guild. It’s better than the often infantile map chat anyways.

I’ve only ever had one unpleasant/creepy case of whispers when someone asked me for money. that was…. weird.

#ELEtism
Yak’s Bend

(edited by yksdoris.2194)

Stop the Champtrains!

slurpey.6014

on the other hand this is not new. There are plenty of webpages, forum and even this forum that show’s the route of the champ trains. Youtube has videos and not just one, that shows the trains in specific maps. I don’t mind people asking, but if they are constantly asking and even after you explained it, they are still asking and requesting way points then I have to ask myself why people cant do some research. Google is your best friend when it comes to information on the internet. But here’s a other rule, don’t you dare making fun or jokes while running the train. People get so mad that it’s not even funny anymore. (since we totally drifted off topic, I might as well throw that one in) lol

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I just don’t think there should be champ farming in a starting zone like Qdale. All champ farmers should use Frostgorge to avoid this very issue.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Stop the Champtrains!

slurpey.6014

if you’re not level 75 you can not join the Frostgorge train. First of all the low levels cant get the way points by themselves. They can not take a hit when running from one champ to the other, maybe I play on the wrong server but my server does not clear the areas, and they do not have the required speed skills to even follow the train.

You have to keep in mind that not all people do it for the bags. With that said, this would implement that only higher levels are able to farm when using the champ train method.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

to tell the truth you are the one who has a right to complain i do the champ train myself. i dont care if someone kills a champ without the train i/we just move onto the next one but for those who get put into overflow due to the train i do feel for because you wanted to do a dragon event and cant

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

All I have to say is I feel sorry for the players with multiple legendarys farming in queensdale cause they must not have the skill to go to any other maps. Also farming champs in queesdale is fine as long as they dont rage when a group of lower lvls kill a champ out of order. The area is really meant for levels 1-15 not high levels trying to earn some quick gold.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Admittedly an exception to the norm, but a few weeks ago someone spoke out in Map Chat. A small party wanted to see if they could tackle the Champ Quaggan on their own and asked if the Icezerg could pass it by. It was such a polite request that the response was nothing but enthusiastic and filled with well wishers. And AFAIK no one bothered them until they finished.

There’s a right way and a wrong way to do everything. This was the right one.

Stop the Champtrains!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There are some benefits to being on a popular server. This is not one of them. If you’re looking to kill a meta boss and can’t get into the one at your home server, consider guesting to a server at the low end of the popularity curve to do so.