[SUGGESTION] 1vs1 Duel in PVE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scellow.1596

Scellow.1596

I could not find the suggestion section in this forum so i try here

Could be fun to be able to duel people in PVE, just for the fun, like any other MMO

What do you think ?

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

you mean the 1v1 arena in pvp??

personally Id find it annoying getting random people running up and hitting duel all day long. if people want to pvp most just go to wvw and duel, or the pvp arena. while its a nice idea.. its not really needed.

Crystal Desert

Posted by: Infenso.6329

Infenso.6329

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

What do you think about adding more PvE to the PvP area’s? Terrible right, so the other way around is about the same.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

you mean the 1v1 arena in pvp??

personally Id find it annoying getting random people running up and hitting duel all day long. if people want to pvp most just go to wvw and duel, or the pvp arena. while its a nice idea.. its not really needed.

PvE and WvW have way more diversity when it comes to builds. I would not mind some special areas where people can duel, or like others said in similar threads, make an option to auto decline duel invites.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

How about they add hearts and events to the PvP arenas instead? Then you can have the PvE/PvP areas so many seem to want.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

No,
- “Could you please stop the light field?”
- “U w0t m8? fit me nao!!!”

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

no /15charrrrrrrrr

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Nope. No thanks. Nada. Do not want. Wouldnt mind arenas that are off in secluded places of maps, but otherwise no.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

inb4 the people with no reasoning spam this with “but da griefers” “but da pvp” “but checking off autoignore is too hard”

o wait looks like they beat me here.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Posted by: Infenso.6329

Infenso.6329

inb4 the people with no reasoning spam this with “but da griefers” “but da pvp” “but checking off autoignore is too hard”

I like how so many seem to be opposed to this, but give no reason at all as to why. Just a flat out no and nothing more.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I like how so many seem to be opposed to this, but give no reason at all as to why. Just a flat out no and nothing more.

It’s because we’re tired of giving our reasons for it time and time again. This suggestion keeps popping up, like mount threads do, and keeps getting shot down.

Yes, there are ways to make it possibly work, and not get too much onto the nerves of those that don’t want it. Some still hate the idea, just as some would hate the restrictions that come with doing it that way.

In the end though, ANet has heard/read all the arguments back and forth on this. In the notes about the upcoming major update, you can see what they’ve decided to do with those ideas.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Because weve gotten tired of these threads popping up every couple weeks and dont feel the need to state our reasons anymore probably is why. for three years these threads have popped up and every time there are more nos than yes, by a large margin too, and the forums are only a small part of the community. But yes, weve all gotten tired of these threads, Mount threads, and What was the other….oh yes, nerfing the zerker threads. And yes there have been many of them.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dueling-where-is-it/page/2#post4796216

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Player-dueling-suggestion/first#post5040071

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-not-add-Duel

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Duel-at-PvE-World

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dueling-Option-Forgotten-1/page/4#post4313441

Those are from the first page of google, over the past two years, i could post more, but still, more people are against than for.

However a great many agree that Dueling Arenas wouldnt be a problem and many would use them.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

You know what will happen when people start troll dueling next to a dynamic event right?
I would not mind Arenas in the cities (Black Citadel would be perfect, it has an arena) or remote areas for some casual arena duel fun though.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

You know what will happen when people start troll dueling next to a dynamic event right?
I would not mind Arenas in the cities (Black Citadel would be perfect, it has an arena) or remote areas for some casual arena duel fun though.

Oh I wouldnt mind at all in cities, you can even make the pvp rules/gear work just there. It just sounds like a terrible idea for the open world.