Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

can arenanet clarify about third world?

Sab is coming back, third world or not?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They already did: it’s almost certainly never going to happen.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Not going to happen sadly.
They gave up an all events because they don’t want seasonal limited content…

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Everyone that grinded SAB last year for the skins should be prepared to have nothing to do but the dailies.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Everyone that grinded SAB last year for the skins should be prepared to have nothing to do but the dailies.

Exactly.

Similarly, everyone that hates JPs should expect to have nothing at all to do during the festival. (That isn’t meant as a complaint; I just wanted to make it clear that the reason World 3 probably will never happen has to do with the limited appeal of SAB — it’s super popular, but only among a certain subset of players. Heck, ANet didn’t do much more for Wintersday or Halloween, which have even broader appeal.)

pelle ossa.9705

nope they said a new world need a lot of work , but they told this nearly 1 year ago….

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Exactly.

Similarly, everyone that hates JPs should expect to have nothing at all to do during the festival. (That isn’t meant as a complaint; I just wanted to make it clear that the reason World 3 probably will never happen has to do with the limited appeal of SAB — it’s super popular, but only among a certain subset of players. Heck, ANet didn’t do much more for Wintersday or Halloween, which have even broader appeal.)

Minor correction: everyone that hates JPs should expect to have nothing new to do during the festival.

Everything else in the game will still be there, and unlike many festivals SAB is completely self-contained so it won’t affect any of the existing maps. Which means people who aren’t interested can just carry on playing as if there isn’t a festival.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Thb, even if they add world 3 i can assure you people will demand world 4 and 5 on the first day it gets released.

Even if world 3 has an epic end boss, and an epic closure to the story, people will demand and even expect SAB 2.0…..

Theres no need to think about world 3, plenty to enjoy and achieve in the first 2 worlds,once per year, during the festival

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’ve still got almost all of hard mode to work through, so I’m OK with no World 3 at this time.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Illconceived Was Na.9781

nope they said a new world need a lot of work , but they told this nearly 1 year ago….

And they also said that there was almost no chance they would do that work, because there are too many other priorities. You can safely assume it’s not going to happen; if that changes, you can also assume that ANet won’t keep it a secret.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They said no new worlds. Did they ever say no new weapon skins? Because skins are far easier to make (and may only require a color change to an existing set of SAB weapons to make a new set).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

please don’t bring up these topics, it’s bad enough one dev has to waste their time to turn it on. I just kinda hope it has some terrible bug so they decide to just stop with this SAB travesty

Ayrilana.1396

They said no new worlds. Did they ever say no new weapon skins? Because skins are far easier to make (and may only require a color change to an existing set of SAB weapons to make a new set).

They never said they would and all weapon skins have had their color schemes based on each of the worlds. The only skins left for grinders are the orange ones.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

Moto’s Super Adventure Box! Explore a whole new virtual world in beautifully-rendered, three-dimensional graphics. Go on an epic quest to save Princess Miya

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

please don’t bring up these topics, it’s bad enough one dev has to waste their time to turn it on. I just kinda hope it has some terrible bug so they decide to just stop with this SAB travesty

Do you have to? A bug that stomps on what others like would make you happy?

Just a flesh wound.3589

They never said they would and all weapon skins have had their color schemes based on each of the worlds. The only skins left for grinders are the orange ones.

True. But did they ever say that any new weapon skin color schemes would always be based on the color schemes of the world? And if the choices are a new color based SAB weapon skin versus a brand new set of weapons versus nothing new at all (and all the complaints that would trigger about nothing to aim for that year) then I know which I’d choose if I were a dev looking for easy rewards and low number of complaints.

ANet may give it to you.

Ayrilana.1396

True. But did they ever say that any new weapon skin color schemes would always be based on the color schemes of the world? And if the choices are a new color based SAB weapon skin versus a brand new set of weapons versus nothing new at all (and all the complaints that would trigger about nothing to aim for that year) then I know which I’d choose if I were a dev looking for easy rewards and low number of complaints.

And they never said that they wouldn’t be. There’s been no indication of them changing what they’ve done in the past. “It could happen” isn’t enough to suggest that new weapon skins are going to not be tied to world.

Posted by: Bazompora.2635

Bazompora.2635

I just would love for SAB to be all summer long (I hate direct sunlight),
nevermind world 3.

Elonians who know her history are often proud to have one of their own in the pantheon.

Just a flesh wound.3589

And they never said that they wouldn’t be. There’s been no indication of them changing what they’ve done in the past. “It could happen” isn’t enough to suggest that new weapon skins are going to not be tied to world.

/shrug. Well I guess we’ll find out one way or another soon enough.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I think there’s some misinformation in here.

Hopefully Josh can come in and correct it. I was under the distinct impression based on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLRQWkcDiCI&feature=youtu.be&t=26m38s

The odds are not 0 as is being reported erroneously here.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Weelll, “chances are very slim” to “throw away 6 to 8 Developers for 4 to 6 months” isn’t zero, but…I would not hold my breath.

TexZero.7910

Weelll, “chances are very slim” to “throw away 6 to 8 Developers for 4 to 6 months” isn’t zero, but…I would not hold my breath.

So you’re saying there’s a chance.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There is a tiny chance that one year we will see it. It will not be this year since they would have mentioned it in the blog and we know resources are spread thin between more important projects. Knowing a desire exists for it, they would def have mentioned it for this season.

TexZero.7910

There is a tiny chance that one year we will see it. It will not be this year since they would have mentioned it in the blog and we know resources are spread thin between more important projects. Knowing a desire exists for it, they would def have mentioned it for this season.

Would they though ?

They have a really weird policy now of no hype. Under promise and over deliver.

Ayrilana.1396

Comes back on March 30th and ends on April 20th.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/super-adventure-festival-is-coming-soon/

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ha! They also have a policy of saying “nothing is off the table”.

You can dream.

Good luck.

TexZero.7910

Ha! They also have a policy of saying “nothing is off the table”.

You can dream.

Good luck.

Don’t let you’re dreams just be dreams.

Or whatever….

Look just sayin’ the odds are low, but who knows maybe with the new team based structures they have in place it’s allowed them to do something players have not thought likely.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, “odds are low” and “chances are very slim”.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m hoping for World 3, but also prepared for there to be nothing but just doing dailies for more Kaiser skins. Love SAB though, so still thrilled to see it back!

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Specifically, Ruby Bayer wrote:

Josh talked about this in his blog post last year: “Guild Wars 2 is a huge game, and keeping it strong means making tough decisions about where to spend our time to best serve the most players. We decided we couldn’t justify the sacrifice to Guild Wars 2 to make more new worlds for SAB.”

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I’m not expecting new worlds or new levels of any sort, but I’m hopeful that we’ll see some new stuff to play with. Some in this thread have mentioned the idea of new weapon skin colors, which would be neat but I think even that’s unlikely as they’ve already introduced a fairly “end-game” version of the SAB skins with the orange Kaiser skins.

My hope? New SAB decorations for the GH, which I think we can all assume are probably likely. But even more than that, I’d love some SAB tonics or transformations.

We have Super Adventure Box minis, but currently the only transformations available are those in the Super Adventure Box of Fun, and they only last for 30 seconds before the transform expires. It isn’t even really long enough to participate in a costume brawl before the transform reverts. I would love some SAB tonics, and I think it’d be neat if we had some infinite versions that you could grind out bauble bubbles for.

Similarly, it’d be neat if we had a way to trade in the extra tribulation coins for other items, for those of us who’ve got a small stack of them. Considering how “easy and fast” they are to acquire for those of us who have mastered some of the trib zones, I can’t see them having a high value, but even 1 bauble bubble per 1 trib token would be a wonderful addition.

Failing all of that, I will still be playing the crap out of Super Adventure Box this year. Even if we get exactly zero new content and it’s literally a copy-paste of last year’s festival, I will play from start to finish and likely put some alts through the gauntlet to get all of the SAB unlocks.

This is my favorite time of year.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Wow imagine if everyone had this attitude, there would be no game to play at all!

After all not everyone likes the following:

PVE
PVP
WVW
LS
PS
Fractals
Achievement hunting
JPs
Mini Dungeons
Dungeons
Crafting
Completing maps/World complete
Raids

Am I missing anything lol?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I hope we get Purple SAB weapons. Kaiser Snake is supposed to be the boss of World 3. World 4 was supposed to be the last.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Wow imagine if everyone had this attitude, there would be no game to play at all!

After all not everyone likes the following:

PVE
PVP
WVW
LS
PS
Fractals
Achievement hunting
JPs
Mini Dungeons
Dungeons
Crafting
Completing maps/World complete
Raids

Am I missing anything lol?

Login rewards
Trading post
World bosses
Meta events
Warriors
Guardians
Engineers
Rangers
Thieves
Mesmers
Elementalists
Necromancers
Revenants
Humans
Charr
Sylvari
Asura
Norn

You could really take it to extremes by listing every skill in the game – whatever it is, there’s probably someone, somewhere, who plays the game that doesn’t like that skill!

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

pelle ossa.9705

oh well im only waiting for world 3 since september 2013… i will be probably become ashes when they will release it….
like always good scheduling about the future , guild wars 2 heart of unfinished content and vanished content.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I hope they add some form of content even if it is not world three. New gliders, home instance bauble node, more junk to purchase from Moto.

I am super disappointed we are not getting a new world but we definitely need more rewards and achievements to make it a festival worth logging on for.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

A quote from main page that i would like to correct here.

Quote goes:

Go on an epic quest to save Princess Miya.

It should be like this:

Go on an epic unfinished quest to save Princess Miya.

Im not expecting finishing any of the other worlds not only by looking at wintersday being the same thing for probably 5 years now and halloween has in fact been butchered but also by the fact that they have better things to do for which people will pay money – like ugly wings or outfits in store.

Ayrilana.1396

A quote from main page that i would like to correct here.

Quote goes:

Go on an epic quest to save Princess Miya.

It should be like this:

Go on an epic unfinished quest to save Princess Miya.

Im not expecting finishing any of the other worlds not only by looking at wintersday being the same thing for probably 5 years now and halloween has in fact been butchered but also by the fact that they have better things to do for which people will pay money – like ugly wings or outfits in store.

Programmers don’t design gem store items.

Frediosz.2718

Congrats on you assumption that i was talking about specific part of Anet.

Ayrilana.1396

Congrats on you assumption that i was talking about specific part of Anet.

As you were saying?

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

And sab would have the reason I returned as well, but if no new sab stuff then won’t bother.

They don’t want to put work into alot of things and wonder why people leave and don’t stick around.

This attitude is what is sending the game downhill.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

And sab would have the reason I returned as well, but if no new sab stuff then won’t bother.

They don’t want to put work into alot of things and wonder why people leave and don’t stick around.

They can only devote their time to so many things. What would you have them give up in favor of spending more time on SAB?

Frediosz.2718

As you were saying?

Stop trying to catch someone by their words – designer, programmer – might be even Jesus himself – if he would be Anet dev-team member name wouldn’t matter.

We all know that instead of finishing stuff they started back in 2012 and early 2013 they do 10000000 other things with money as a focus.

EOT.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As you were saying?

Stop trying to catch someone by their words – designer, programmer – might be even Jesus himself – if he would be Anet dev-team member name wouldn’t matter.

We all know that instead of finishing stuff they started back in 2012 and early 2013 they do 10000000 other things with money as a focus.

EOT.

We don’t all know that, because it’s not true, or at least, not the way you’ve phrased it. Sure, they started stuff at launch that they never finished, but they also through in new stuff that many people like better. They started the Living World as temporary content — should they have kept doing that just to “finish” it? Or is it better that the Living World is now persistent and allows newer players to join?

Every company has 10000000 things on their plate; they can’t do them all. Naturally, ‘money’ is going to figure in ANet’s decisions (they are a business, after all). But that doesn’t mean that money is the deciding factor for setting priorities. If that were true, they wouldn’t have expanded the wallet to include dungeon tokens or created the wardrobe (both decisions that cost them them time and reduced pressure to buy storage expansions). Making SAB an annual festival also cost them more than it earned them.

Regardless, it’s a moot point as far as adding to SAB: while hugely popular among a some players, it takes focus away from things that appeal to more players and last longer — so it’s more than likely that ‘money’ wasn’t the deciding factor to stop working on a new SAB world.

Ayrilana.1396

As you were saying?

EOT.

You’re the one upset that Anet isn’t finishing the rest of the worlds and then blaming it on the gen store items which have little to do with it.

What “10000000” things did they not do in 2012 and 2013 that are a result of the gem store?

TexZero.7910

They can only devote their time to so many things. What would you have them give up in favor of spending more time on SAB?

Until recently i would have said current events. But since that group got their stuff together with the caladbog stuff, i’ll shift to the 70+ people working on expac 2.

It’s one thing that can certainly be delayed considering LS is still an ongoing affair that likely will hinder the release of any expac anyway.

But hey, I’m not Mo i don’t set priorities within Anet.

Frediosz.2718

We don’t all know that, because it’s not true, or at least, not the way you’ve phrased it. Sure, they started stuff at launch that they never finished, but they also through in new stuff that many people like better. They started the Living World as temporary content — should they have kept doing that just to “finish” it? Or is it better that the Living World is now persistent and allows newer players to join?

I’ll answer your question with mine:

Can a new player play season 1 or a player that have just joined today replay whole season 2 or 3 without the need to purchase it through the gemstore ?

Every living story episode that is being released will have a certain time that you need to log in into the game in order to obtain it if you missed this opportunity than you’ll have to buy the episode in gemstore

If you think otherwise then try and skip game from like 6 months and then see with your own eyes.

Every company has 10000000 things on their plate; they can’t do them all. Naturally, ‘money’ is going to figure in ANet’s decisions (they are a business, after all). But that doesn’t mean that money is the deciding factor for setting priorities. If that were true, they wouldn’t have expanded the wallet to include dungeon tokens or created the wardrobe (both decisions that cost them them time and reduced pressure to buy storage expansions). Making SAB an annual festival also cost them more than it earned them.

Creating some QOL things after 4 years that supposed to be in game from the very start is not the same as creating content half-way and then abandon it. Or maybe it’s a 21st century way of getting things done?

Making SAB an annual festival also cost them more than it earned them.

Sab was created by – from what i’ve read – one, singular person and was in game from 2013 though he was deactivated. So no, activating something that is already there and only requires to push just a few buttons is a very low effort thing that doesnt require to cancel everything else.

Regardless, it’s a moot point as far as adding to SAB: while hugely popular among a some players, it takes focus away from things that appeal to more players and last longer — so it’s more than likely that ‘money’ wasn’t the deciding factor to stop working on a new SAB world.

Not only SAB but also Halloween and Wintersday, so no – it’s not only about SAB alone. Those together are around 3 months of the same, unchanged content with nothing new for several years now. (skins =/= gameplay value content)

Also if money was not the deciding factor why not get couple of those DLC creators to work on festivals and actually expand them after all those years ?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You may be ill-informed on how much was required to bring back Super Adventure Box. It was not ‘just push a few buttons’; if desired, you can look up the Dev statements regarding SAB’s return. I imagine it is the same with every Festival; some more, some less.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ll answer your question with mine:

Can a new player play season 1 or a player that have just joined today replay whole season 2 or 3 without the need to purchase it through the gemstore ?

That has nothing to do with your original statement.

The way ANet sees it, getting the Living World for free is a perk for playing every other month. Heck, you don’t even need to play; you can just logon. To ANet, anyone who didn’t logon can still get it for free, at about 50 gold per episode (less if bought during discounts or in bulk).

Is that the “best” way they can benefit frequent players and push the purchase of gems via cash? Maybe not. But that doesn’t mean it’s unfair. (I think it would be smarter for them to offer the first episode in each season as a freebie for newer players who complete some important milestone, but that’s a minor tweak.)

But again, none of that answers my question: if it were up to you, which current projects would you take people away from in order to develop SAB further or to work on any of the other million priorities they have?