Salvage Kit - Why I consider it a nerf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I have heard there is a tv show about hoarders, you may want to watch an episode or two to get a few pointers; just sayin.

BTW I have a160 slots and only 20 are full with essentials I have learned to use a bank for the others.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I was going to give a “1/10 nice try” rating but given the amount of people that actually replied to this I will have to re-evaluate that number.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

most absurd complaint thread in the history of this forum. professional troll or permanent rider of the short bus.

kudos either way.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

snip

Again, I fully understand your plight. Some of your suggestions are viable and would improve the game (I’m not fond of the extra bag slots. Not because I can’t afford or wouldn’t buy them, but of the backlash of people screeming pay 2 win).

You have to realize they are bandaid fixes to an underlying problem. You are hoarding items. This will get even worse once HoT releases (if anet adds a significant amount of new currency items not stored in our wallet).

I can only give the same advice I’ve given before. Track for once how often you actually need or use most items in your inventory, then bank as necessary.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

most absurd complaint thread in the history of this forum. professional troll or permanent rider of the short bus.

kudos either way.

Pretty much what im thinking at this point too…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

well im only hording on my main because i thought it was nice to be able to actually use the gemstore fun items and fun consumables any time i want without much hassle… :/

and what
Illconceived Was Na.9781
said is pretty right

snip

• The only time it matters that one is getting “too many” sigils/runes is during farming, when one is using salvage kits to make more room in inventory. There are other ways to resolve this particular issue.
  • For all other situations, more runes/sigils are, at worst, only slightly more inconvenient — instead of clicking a few times at a vendor or TP to sell, you end clicking a several times.

i dont have those inventory space problems all the time
only during dungeonruns (especially in organized groups wherei get loot fast)
then it is really problematic and annoying and i dont see why there has to be a problem where there could be such easy fixes to it by anet..

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

You realize there is no reason to carry your bandit crests & geodes with you. You can spend them from your bank.

Other stuff like writs, scrolls of knowledge, etc just store in your bank. Pony up for a permanent bank access and store most of your gem store items there too. It’ll save you lots of space.

Posted by: MrDaaark.2604

MrDaaark.2604

I always hate getting runes in my loot too. I churn through massive amounts of loot all the time and I have to constantly pull them out of my inventory screen one by one.

It would be much better if they worked with the deposit materials button, and had their own section in the material bank.

At which point, I would love to collect them.

Orangensaft.7139

You realize there is no reason to carry your bandit crests & geodes with you. You can spend them from your bank.

Other stuff like writs, scrolls of knowledge, etc just store in your bank. Pony up for a permanent bank access and store most of your gem store items there too. It’ll save you lots of space.

you are right
but while i farm SW i still get bandit crests so often that i usually keep 1 slot filled with bandit crests so that there wont always be bandit crests filling random slots on the top of my inventory

i can remove the geodes from inventory though i guess since i barely go to Drytop atm.. +1 free slot

26x lvl 80 Characters

Orangensaft.7139

I always hate getting runes in my loot too. I churn through massive amounts of loot all the time and I have to constantly pull them out of my inventory screen one by one.

It would be much better if they worked with the deposit materials button, and had their own section in the material bank.

At which point, I would love to collect them.

yes this would be another nice solution to the problem
atm i have to use an alt char as a mule to save all the superior runes i have (in case they get useful and skyrocket in price again xD)
or i would have to delete them because they would easily fill up 2 full bank tabs…

if runes & sigils were collectibles though that would solve pretty much every problem that i have with them atm

26x lvl 80 Characters

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Just vendor them. Quick and easy.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

It wasn’t a nerf, it was a fix, the intended rate was not what was occuring, so they updated the rate to match what they said should have been happening.

You should be getting 25% of the sigils you salvage, only 20% are actually being salvaged, so we’re going to fix this bug. Re-read the note. " so that the practical rate matches the stated rate in"

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

WTB more bag slots for all the green sigils I npc.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

I fail to see how getting more items is a nerf.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

out of curiousity, would a sigil drop from a savage kit replace a different drop? So if i savage a light armor yesterday, the chances it would drop a silk or two are much greater, but today it has a greater chance to drop either a sigil or a silk, so my chances of getting a silk are cut in half… Or are sigil drops independent of the crafting drops when it comes to getting items off the loot table?

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Pretty simple, you go into an instance – for example fractals (but works with SW as well) – you get a lot of greens. You salvage them. So far you could keep your inventory tidy by breaking stuff down to luck essences and raw materials. Now your inventory will be clogged by “minor sigil of annoyance” and “minor rune of obnoxiousness”.

Yes, you can sell those for a whopping 16c each. Yes you can vendor them from time to time, but this is a QoL change for the worse. Making you spawn a merchant or run to one every time you’re drowning in these. Then if you have let’s say 40 of these, you would still end up with ~6 silver worth of items.

It might not be a nerf per se but it sure is a really annoying and unnecessary change.

MrDaaark.2604

It might not be a nerf per se but it sure is a really annoying and unnecessary change.

This bit me bad tonight doing back to back AC path runs. After 2 paths I was swamped with runes. Usually I quickly salvage, deposit, and run along. Can’t do that now, because the only way to get rid of these things is to tediously drag them out one by one, or leave the instance and travel to a merchant.

No one is complaining about getting more loot. The problem is the current horrible way to interface with it. There is no current good way to deal with them, just a few really bad workarounds.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Or are sigil drops independent of the crafting drops when it comes to getting items off the loot table?

Sigils are considered an upgrade component, they have different salvage rates than materials. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage_kit
Upgrade vs. material.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

OP .. (O_o) .. -1

Polish > hype

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

do people enjoy getting trash 5 copper runes clogging up their inventory or something?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Why not just vendor the runes? If you do your play by building up bags full of items, taking them to the vendor, buying kits and then using them to salvage, why not just vendor the runes while you’re there?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

maha.7902

because maybe some of us got the copper fed so we could salvage our blues and greens in the field and not have to vendor every 2 seconds?

Sarrs.4831

because maybe some of us got the copper fed so we could salvage our blues and greens in the field and not have to vendor every 2 seconds?

Are your bags really so full that you both can’t upgrade them, and you need to vendor every single time you salvage?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Looting more useless item is nerf to playing experience.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

serenke.4806

Are your bags really so full that you both can’t upgrade them, and you need to vendor every single time you salvage?

Have you ever done a dungeon sweep?

Sarrs.4831

Yes?

Srs tho, how many effective bagslots do you have?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

This bit me bad tonight doing back to back AC path runs. After 2 paths I was swamped with runes. Usually I quickly salvage, deposit, and run along. Can’t do that now, because the only way to get rid of these things is to tediously drag them out one by one, or leave the instance and travel to a merchant.

No one is complaining about getting more loot. The problem is the current horrible way to interface with it. There is no current good way to deal with them, just a few really bad workarounds.

And what do you suggest?

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

Which part of “INCREASE” did you not understand? :P
And what is that about the whole “edit” thing in which you completely kinda defend about your first so called rant?
Maybe think before you type ..

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

(edited by metaldude.4132)

serenke.4806

i actually use rare runes to make gold from MF, pretty good gold income~

Rare yes. OP is talking about minor upgrades. The ones that sell for 16 copper.

serenke.4806

Yes?

Srs tho, how many effective bagslots do you have?

100-120 on alts, 140 on my main.

serenke.4806

And what do you suggest?

I believe the suggestion was that Anet should not have buffed something that nobody ever asked a buff for.

MrDaaark.2604

And what do you suggest?

I suggest you read my prior post, where my suggestion was made.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

And what do you suggest?

I believe the suggestion was that Anet should not have buffed something that nobody ever asked a buff for.

This isn’t a buff, it’s a fix to bring the claimed recovery rates into line with reality. A lot of people are aware that most of the kits didn’t return what they claimed, and have complained over the last couple years. It’s died down over time probably due to fatigue and seemingly deaf ears.

If, for example, it says 20% chance, it should be 20% chance. Thus, they finally fixed the problem. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a nerf or a buff, it is what it’s supposed to be. Well, assuming it isn’t now a far higher %age than it should be. I haven’t done any testing yet.

For me, the bottom line is that it takes literally seconds to dump excess/unwanted sigs/runes out the window, so to speak, so I feel this entire whinefest is too picayune to be taken seriously. But I suppose if enough people are bothered by it, ANet might come up with something to mitigate the effect or allow some sort of settings for salvage kits, but that seems pretty unlikely.

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

anet please give our permanent salvage kits the option to go into no upgrade chance mode?!?

right click.. enable/disable chance of getting “rare” upgrade components

THAT would buff your ingame items
since the palyers could choose not to fill their inventorys that quickly

btw to those people who say its just 5sec longer at the vendor…
you also have to stop earlier killing stuff and looting because of you inventory is full earlier
also you get more than a few coppers the longer you farm u get blues and greens worth silvers
a few seconds = one kill = more than a few coppers in average
which means more sigils IS a nerf because our inventorys are limited

serenke.4806

And what do you suggest?

This isn’t a buff, it’s a fix to bring the claimed recovery rates into line with reality. A lot of people are aware that most of the kits didn’t return what they claimed, and have complained over the last couple years. It’s died down over time probably due to fatigue and seemingly deaf ears.

If, for example, it says 20% chance, it should be 20% chance. Thus, they finally fixed the problem. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a nerf or a buff, it is what it’s supposed to be. Well, assuming it isn’t now a far higher %age than it should be. I haven’t done any testing yet.

For me, the bottom line is that it takes literally seconds to dump excess/unwanted sigs/runes out the window, so to speak, so I feel this entire whinefest is too picayune to be taken seriously. But I suppose if enough people are bothered by it, ANet might come up with something to mitigate the effect or allow some sort of settings for salvage kits, but that seems pretty unlikely.

When i got 1 minor sigil/rune for every 5 salvages that was 20%. Now i get 2-3 on average for every 5. Is that bringing it in line?

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

“This is the most horrible change ever. It should be fixed immediately! I hate salvaging all these runes and sigils from my loot, selling minors to an NPC and TP’ing or forging the rares! I hate having my waypoint and salvage kit costs all covered for free!”

Is this really what this forum has come to now?

… Complaining about less RNG and making more money… ?

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

maha.7902

when you run with two sets of armour, multiple copies of weapons for different slaying sigils, a variety of different actual weapons, two sets of jewelry, have consumables, slaying potions, food and so on, yeah, you tend to fill your bag up quite quick.

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

It baffles me when people disregard copper or silver costs. They add up. You know what also gets you copper and silver? Fine mats. Do you have any idea how much gold you can rack up through selling T5 fine mats from sources that give a lot of them? Money is money, and as a Bifrost-owning, light-ascended and Light of Dwayna wearing elementalist, please, yes, give me as many masterwork and rare upgrades as possible, I want them all.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Which was suppose to have been giving us 20% rune recovery rate. We knew when we bought the thing that it was suppose to give us 1 rune out of 5. The fact that we didn’t notice or care that it was is immaterial. It was broken, now it’s fixed. If it’s worthless to you then delete them.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You people need to be “Gibb Smacked” repeatedly. Of all things to complain about, geez….

I need the ability to +1 this a lot more than once.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

You people need to be “Gibb Smacked” repeatedly. Of all things to complain about, geez….

That actually has a name in Spanish: colleja .

I haven’t found other languages with a name for that specific kind of slap.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

maha.7902

Which was suppose to have been giving us 20% rune recovery rate. We knew when we bought the thing that it was suppose to give us 1 rune out of 5. The fact that we didn’t notice or care that it was is immaterial. It was broken, now it’s fixed. If it’s worthless to you then delete them.

the fact that nobody even noticed it was broken for this long says a lot about how many people wanted this to be fixed.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

the fact that nobody even noticed it was broken for this long says a lot about how many people wanted this to be fixed.

It has been mantioned many, many times already. It’s been here since day one, it’s just people eventually got tired of bringing this up with no response from anet whatsoever. Guess it took them over two years to notice…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

I kinda agree with the OP to be honest. Why don’t we remove minor and major runes from the game entirely? No one uses them anyway, during leveling it’s usually cheaper to socket your item with gemstones anyway. Why not remove them and rename Superior Runes/Sigils to just ‘Rune of….’ and ‘Sigil of….’. I think there is actually alot of similar items in the game that are completely useless. Maybe they should do a pass at all of those kind of items in the game and remove alot of redundant and useless crap.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I just wish they’d give us a rune/sigil storage that we can deposit them in like crafting stuff.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

I kinda agree with the OP to be honest. Why don’t we remove minor and major runes from the game entirely? No one uses them anyway, during leveling it’s usually cheaper to socket your item with gemstones anyway. Why not remove them and rename Superior Runes/Sigils to just ‘Rune of….’ and ‘Sigil of….’. I think there is actually alot of similar items in the game that are completely useless. Maybe they should do a pass at all of those kind of items in the game and remove alot of redundant and useless crap.

SOMEONE is buying Major Runes/sigils, otherwise they wouldn’t be going for double the price on TP.

Posted by: Suns Dusk.7201

Suns Dusk.7201

What OP is trying to tell everyone in this thread:

What the kitten did you just kittening say about me, you little bookah? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Inventory Management at the Silverwastes University, and I’ve been involved in numerous dungeon runs, and I have over 300 confirmed opened bandit chests.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

What OP is trying to tell everyone in this thread:

What the kitten did you just kittening say about me, you little bookah? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Inventory Management at the Silverwastes University, and I’ve been involved in numerous dungeon runs, and I have over 300 confirmed opened bandit chests.

That made me chuckle.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

They should add an option to sell all masterwork sigils and runes, maybe even white items as well with the junk. Most of the time I just destroy them.

Sorry for my english.

Sarrs.4831

when you run with two sets of armour, multiple copies of weapons for different slaying sigils, a variety of different actual weapons, two sets of jewelry, have consumables, slaying potions, food and so on, yeah, you tend to fill your bag up quite quick.

Sure, you definitely can fill up a lot of slots with stuff like that. Even then, I have a hard time believing you’d fill up more than 60 slots with that kind of thing, leaving you with 100 slots to crush gear in; so functionally, you’d have around 90 slots to hold salvaged sigils?

Also, an aside; do you hold weapons with sigils in them, or just a stack of sigils? Like do you have a Greatsword with Sigil of Dredge Slaying and a Greatsword with Sigil of Flame Legion Slaying?

Nalhadia – Kaineng