Same Account, 2 Different PC's

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gandalf.1537

Gandalf.1537

Q:

What I would like to know is, I have a single account, and would like to know is it possible to run 2 copies of Guild Wars 2 from 2 different PC’s using, Example a Mes on one system and a Ele on the other system.

I don’t know if this would be considered multiboxing / dual or not.

I know some games allow it and some don’t, I would be controlling both toons on both boxes so no autos here at all.

Thanks….

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Yes you can legally do it, but you’ll need two game licenses/accounts.

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

What I would like to know is, I have a single account, and would like to know is it possible to run 2 copies of Guild Wars 2 from 2 different PC’s using, Example a Mes on one system and a Ele on the other system.

I don’t know if this would be considered multiboxing / dual or not.

I know some games allow it and some don’t, I would be controlling both toons on both boxes so no autos here at all.

Thanks….

From the same account, no. Once you log into your account from a second computer, the first computer is automatically logged out.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Yes you can legally do it, but you’ll need two game licenses/accounts.

This. If you were to do it with the same account, you’d essentially be logged in twice which would break the game.

Gandalf.1537

Oh okay thanks man, kind of figured,

Posted by: Razamafu.7451

Razamafu.7451

LOL
2013 and two people using same account to play at once…… sigh
Cheap much? Maybe you should buy two copies and support the game you enjoy playing.

Or maybe you should stop assuming things. I’ve been trying to see if it’s possible to do this, NOT because I’m a cheap freeloader, but because I’ve been sharing an account with my brother and we don’t want to lose our first, high level characters when I buy my own account… which I MOST DEFINITELY will do.

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

LOL
Cheap much? Maybe you should buy two copies and support the game you enjoy playing.

Or maybe you should stop assuming things. I’ve been trying to see if it’s possible to do this, NOT because I’m a cheap freeloader, but because I’ve been sharing an account with my brother and we don’t want to lose our first, high level characters when I buy my own account… which I MOST DEFINITELY will do.

OWNED

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

LOL

OR In that moment where you were thinking, heck, why not, lets just share this account…you SHOULD have been thinking, well if we’re both going to play this game, then we may as well buy a second account. However, I have no clue how cheap minds think. i’ve never been in that situation before.

Posted by: Margonite Queen.7325

Margonite Queen.7325

LOL

OR In that moment where you were thinking, heck, why not, lets just share this account…you SHOULD have been thinking, well if we’re both going to play this game, then we may as well buy a second account. However, I have no clue how cheap minds think. i’ve never been in that situation before.

‘’Hey bro, lets try this game out together first before we buy another copy.’’

‘’Ok lets do that. How about we play till 80 first and make sure we enjoy it? We very well could get bored after 60 levels’’

Idk if you think before you type, but you should probably start doing that. All of daddies money obviously doesnt buy you sense

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Isn’t even SHARING an account against the ANET terms of service? I seem to remember reading something along those lines in the ToS.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You’re not supposed to, but it’s only so that you can’t sue Anet (or demand a refund) if your “brother” deletes your character with your legendaries.

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

LOL

‘’Ok lets do that. How about we play till 80 first and make sure we enjoy it? We very well could get bored after 60 levels’’

Idk if you think before you type, but you should probably start doing that. All of daddies money obviously doesnt buy you sense

Ahahahahahaha This x10000. Let’s play this entire game through before we make sure we actually want to play it. Then wonder why we’re in such a pickle when we want to get separate accounts. So dumb. You’d think some people would realize such simple things way beforehand.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’m pretty sure it also has to do with the fact that GW2 is an all you can eat buffet, and you can’t just load your plate four times and share with your brother and then only pay for one person.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

LOL

Hey son, someone with a job doesn’t have a problem with 60 euros for a videogame. Even if it took you 60 levels to figure out it is a bogus game, you’d have more time out of it than the average game on your PS3.

Tell your bro to ask it for his birthday, that way daddy can help.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

(edited by marnick.4305)

Razamafu.7451

In response to EVERYONE. If you didn’t realize, we ACTUALLY would have bought a second copy IF WE HAD THE ACTUAL MONEY. No, not everyone has 120$ bucks to pay for 2 copies. We didn’t “decide” we wanted to go to 80 before trying to buy a new account. We DEALT with it. We both wanted the game, but we didn’t have the money to buy a second copy. We never thought we’d want to play at the same time. And “daddy’s money”. My dad divorced my mom and won’t pay child support. So my mom has to worry about two kids with no help at all. We rarely get the money to buy things we want. We really wanted this game, so why not share an account. So, here we are playing the game. We started thinking, “maybe there’s a way we could play together”. So, here we were looking it up, and, alas, we find a person who started assuming everyone had the money to pay for 2 copies. Of course this was not the case… you know what happens after that.

(edited by Razamafu.7451)

Razamafu.7451

LOL

Ahahahahahaha This x10000. Let’s play this entire game through before we make sure we actually want to play it. Then wonder why we’re in such a pickle when we want to get separate accounts. So dumb. You’d think some people would realize such simple things way beforehand.

Why don’t you get your head out of your bumhole and start thinking that some people don’t really get everything they want.

Razamafu.7451

LOL

How cheap minds think. Wow. That’s kind of low. “Cheap minds” as in people who don’t have money? Or cheap minds as in rich people who don’t want to give up any of their money.

Razamafu.7451

LOL

Hey son, someone with a job doesn’t have a problem with 60 euros for a videogame. Even if it took you 60 levels to figure out it is a bogus game, you’d have more time out of it than the average game on your PS3.

Tell your bro to ask it for his birthday, that way daddy can help.

We’re playing on his copy. We are going to buy another copy, as I actually have the money now, so no help from “daddy”. If you’d read my earlier post you could get some more details on that.

Razamafu.7451

LOL

OWNED

Thanks for the support. Really.

Razamafu.7451

LOL

All of “daddy’s money” is 0 dollars in total. All the money we had to buy a game is 70$ in total. So, unless you figure out how to turn 70 into 140, I think you shouldn’t jump to any conclusions.

marnick.4305

LOL

Why don’t you get your head out of your bumhole and start thinking that some people don’t really get everything they want.

Correct. If you don’t want to pay for it, you simply don’t want it. End of story.

Stealing is not the default alternative.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

marnick.4305

LOL

All of “daddy’s money” is 0 dollars in total. All the money we had to buy a game is 70$ in total. So, unless you figure out how to turn 70 into 140, I think you shouldn’t jump to any conclusions.

Sell lemonade. The weather is beautiful, I’m sure you can get a few dollars here and there from thirsty cyclists. Personally, I love it when kids give me refreshments while training on days like these. I tip extremely well.

Razamafu.7451

LOL

Sell lemonade. The weather is beautiful, I’m sure you can get a few dollars here and there from thirsty cyclists. Personally, I love it when kids give me refreshments while training on days like these. I tip extremely well.

I live in South Pasadena, on top of a hill. No one ever comes down the street… ever. I’d actually be quiet surprised if I earned 70 bucks from selling lemonade… unless I sold it for like 10 bucks a cup. I doubt that’s a useful strategy. Of course… this is all in my head. Have a good day, sir. : )

marnick.4305

LOL

I live in South Pasadena, on top of a hill. No one ever comes down the street… ever. I’d actually be quiet surprised if I earned 70 bucks from selling lemonade… unless I sold it for like 10 bucks a cup. I doubt that’s a useful strategy. Of course… this is all in my head. Have a good day, sir. : )

Never said you’d have to sell it on the porch of your dad. Take your bike, a few gallons of water and a sack of lemons and go to town. Set up shop there. Show some initiative. I thought Americans were entrepreneurs. Where’s your pursuit of happiness?

Razamafu.7451

LOL

Never said you’d have to sell it on the porch of your dad. Take your bike, a few gallons of water and a sack of lemons and go to town. Set up shop there. Show some initiative. I thought Americans were entrepreneurs. Where’s your pursuit of happiness?

I don’t own a bike and the most populated area around here is like 10 miles away.

marnick.4305

LOL

I don’t own a bike and the most populated area around here is like 10 miles away.

Which is a standard run distance. My father does that in less than an hour and he is twice your age. What’s your excuse?

Razamafu.7451

LOL

Which is a standard run distance. My father does that in less than an hour and he is twice your age. What’s your excuse?

Uh… I’m a non athletic skinny 14 year old who doesn’t do well in public and plays on his computer all day because he doesn’t want to see what his generation has turned into… I also have bad asthma, tendonitis, and osgood slaughter. So…

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

LOL

LMAO!!!!! Perfect last sentence!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

LOL

Raz, I believe Margonite’s last sentence was directed toward Kryptonite, not you.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: ApacheBasterd.7924

ApacheBasterd.7924

Wow, you guys are relentless. So they both had the same copy of the game, that they had to share. That in no way implies that “daddy pays for everything”. In fact, it might imply the opposite.

You guys are not helping the community out by flaming a guy for asking a simple question. My girlfriend likes playing the game, and I have a PC and a Mac. And, I want to play on both computers (not at the same time of course.) But if I’m away from one computer I’d like to play on another.

It was a simple question and did not need your judgmental accusations. News flash: it’s none of anyone’s business what the guy’s parents make for a living, what he makes for a living, or what they don’t make. I repeat, keep your nose out of other people’s business.

Whew, had to flame back a little….. Just started playing this game today though for real. Awesommmmmmme game. If I have to buy a second copy I most def will.

Posted by: Xirus.9675

Xirus.9675

LOL

Even if you could, it may very well be suicide.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/17/us-open-lemonade-fine-neighbors-parking_n_878949.html
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/woman-killed-son-shot-after-raid-baltimore

Don’t let the flamers get to you. You’re not the one who’s being unreasonable here.

Any sufficiently advanced science and/or technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/17/us-open-lemonade-fine-neighbors-parking_n_878949.html

Don’t let the flamers get to you. You’re not the one who’s being unreasonable here.

Skill: Thread Necromancy activated!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Skill: Thread Necromancy activated!

Forummancy or Forumancy??

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Kill this thread please……. better for all…..

Gandalf.1537

He he wow, this post is 3 years old when I asked the question, wow.

Posted by: Moderator

Please remember to check the date of a thread before posting. Commenting on an out of date thread and bumping it to the top of the forums is considered necroposting and is not allowed. Please find a more recent thread or feel free to start your own on a relevant topic. This thread is now locked.