"Screenshots folder is full"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lady Jane.9273

Lady Jane.9273

Q:

So I have actually seen the previous post about this (link below) and I used the advice on it from Charming Rogue.8071.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Your-screenshot-folder-is-full-1

I moved the entire folder onto an external drive, and deleted the “Screens” folder completely. From the post I read, this should work and when taking a screenshot again, another “screens” folder would be created.

Now that does happens, but i still get the message “Your screenshot folder is full” in game.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Lady Jane.9273

A:

Okay so I’ve fixed it.

Something as simple as restarting the computer -.-

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Did you restart the game after deleting the Screens folder?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

What if you manually recreate the “Screenshot” folder but leave it empty and then start the game?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I would move the folder back where it was, then transfer its contents to a new folder. Then periodically do that to avoid it happening again.

I keep a separate, manually created GW2Screenies file with sub folders sorted by date, eg 2015Aug, 2016June, etc. That way as long as I know approximately when some game event occurred, I can go back to find my pics of it even years later. Every 1-3 months I go to the User>Documents>GW2>Screens folder and use file manager to move the contents to the appropriately dated folder. This has prevented me from the “Full” message for five years now, it might work for you (Bonus — if you ever have need to reinstall the game, you have a separate location preserving your memories. I’m still not sure what happened to 7 years of WoW pics I had, as I thought I’d saved them separately as well, but perhaps they were inside the WoW folder I deleted when I quit the game — so keep your screenshots in a folder that is not inside your GW2 overall folder! I have mine in my “Games” directory, along with ESOScreens and the like).

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Select and cut all the screenshots into a new folder. Will allow you to start from #1 all over again without deleting them.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Lady Jane.9273

Select and cut all the screenshots into a new folder. Will allow you to start from #1 all over again without deleting them.

I have already tried this, unfortunately it still doesn’t work

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Hmm. At this point it sounds like something’s wrong in your client. You may want to run a -repair (see Support page for instructions on how) and/or submit a ticket to Support.

Lady Jane.9273

What if you manually recreate the “Screenshot” folder but leave it empty and then start the game?

I attempted this, sadly it did not work

Lady Jane.9273

Did you restart the game after deleting the Screens folder?

I did try that but it still didn’t work

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

You can even leave them there, select them all, and rename them something like “a-gw2” (add the .jpg on the end if you show file extensions) and let explorer add a " (n)" to them all. Then the game will pick up with “gw001” again.

I think it goes to 999 and that’s it.

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

It sounds like it just looking to your external hard drive where you moved all your screenshots to as the new location for your screenshots folder. You might try going to that moved folder on the external, selecting about 100 files out of it and COPYING to another place and see if screenshot works. Then delete those same 100 files in that folder. IE get that newly created external drive folder down to under 999 files

(edited by babazhook.6805)