Scribing and SAB Anet Please Read

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

The following is my opinion and suggestion to remove the kick out of instance timer from Tribulation Mode when the player has Zero continue coins. It’s double punishment for not only dieing but failing to read text fast enough. This was not an enjoyable Scribing experience. The story is as follows:

Everyone, Super Adventure Box is great and Scribing is tough but can be enjoyable. However, there is one thing that is not enjoyable for Scribes. Our guild scribe, was doing Super Adventure Box Tribulation mode to unlock the decorations for us. They’re awesome and friendly player, they even managed to get our Guild Hall Uzolan Musical Orchestra Legendary item despite not liking Adventures. However, the requirement for Scribes to do Tribulation Mode crossed the line.

They spent over 100 lives trying to get the furniture coins to unlock the Moto vendor in HoT Hard Mode. I was there with them, we spent over 3 hours and was right before the merchant entrance when they died. No more lives, they spent baubles to buy a continue coin…when they went to buy the continue coin time was up. SAB ejected back to the lobby and they couldn’t return. Also, frustrated with what happen, I decided not to finish Tribulation Mode for Super Adventure Box. Our guild scribe has been playing GW2 since Beta, they’ve been through high and lows of the game. However, requiring players to do Tribulation Mode to unlock Guild Hall Decorations is a bit too far imo. Scratch that, that’s not even the problem.

The problem IS giving a time limit for players to continue when they run out of continue coins. Players should not be auto-ejected from SAB when they have 0 continue coins. It takes time for players to read the dialogue, convert baubles, and buy the continue coin. So I’m asking, removing the kick out timer from tribulation mode when the player has 0 continue coins. It’s unfair to ban players from an instance they’ve done for hours only because they’re being careful with reading the dialogues.

P.S.: I did not proofread this, this message was type after spending 3+ hours in Tribulation Mode for the one furniture shop.

(edited by reapex.8546)

reapex.8546

If anyone else, has thoughts about Super Adventure Box and scribing feel free to comment\post.

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Vendor-Unlock-Requires-Tribulation-Mode/first#post6083741

That being said, yeah, we may have a case of pay to win with Infinite Continue Coins and tribulation mode. I do think that is the problem though – not the tribulation requirement to unlock the tab itself (which again is “cool” if you have an infinite coin).

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I made a post about this a few days ago which was then merged into the SAB thread, expect the same to happen to this one.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/SAB-is-back-Merged/page/6#post6078076

The good news is you DON’T have to do tribulation mode to be able to scribe the new furniture. Doing so and earning that achievement only unlocks being able to buy more furniture coins for 25 baubbles.

The furniture is actually scribed from the clouds which can be earned by ANYONE in your guild doing the furniture achieves. So in theory EVERY single one of your members could do the furniture shops except the Trib one and you will have a ton of clouds for scribing.

This also means anyone else COULD do the full achievement and unlock the ability to be able to buy extra furniture coins with baubbles for your scribe to then use. But this would just be a bonus.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Good tip , Paulytnz

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

reapex.8546

I made a post about this a few days ago which was then merged into the SAB thread, expect the same to happen to this one.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/SAB-is-back-Merged/page/6#post6078076

The good news is you DON’T have to do tribulation mode to be able to scribe the new furniture. Doing so and earning that achievement only unlocks being able to buy more furniture coins for 25 baubbles.

The furniture is actually scribed from the clouds which can be earned by ANYONE in your guild doing the furniture achieves. So in theory EVERY single one of your members could do the furniture shops except the Trib one and you will have a ton of clouds for scribing.

This also means anyone else COULD do the full achievement and unlock the ability to be able to buy extra furniture coins with baubbles for your scribe to then use. But this would just be a bonus.

Awesome, thank you this is great news. Sometimes, I wish information is more straight forward when an item is linked to achievements, merchants, and crafting. But thank you!

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Please tell me how I can exchange my furniture coins with the vendor for clouds if I have not done the furniture achievements? He doesn’t want to take the coins I’ve gotten from the daily….

Posted by: UnfairOphelia.9763

UnfairOphelia.9763

Please tell me how I can exchange my furniture coins with the vendor for clouds if I have not done the furniture achievements? He doesn’t want to take the coins I’ve gotten from the daily….

You have to exchange the furniture coins with a guild hall NPC, Fion.

Scribe and Executive Officer of Sognatori di Tramonto [DRMS] on Fort Aspenwood.
A proud altaholic and cartographer.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

^^^^^^

Check out the decorations vendor in your hall, the clouds are at the very bottom. The vender is right there at the middle WP.

TBh I don’t know how you have got clouds any other way to build your stairway. O.O

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

You only have to do W1Z1 in Trib mode to visit that HOT HOT HOT furniture shop. Every other furniture shop can be visited in Infantile Mode (although you receive less coins) to unlock the achievement that lets you buy furniture coins from Moto.

Everyone can contribute the furniture coins even if they don’t buy them from Moto. Also if your guild has the guild trader unlocked she sells clouds (up to 3/day if you have her fully upgraded) for guild commendations.

Anyway, definitely work on unlocking that achievement and then each furniture coin is only 25 baubles. Farm baubles in normal modes; then profit with all the clouds your guild could want. I think I’ve personally given my guild like 800+ clouds so far. Super easy, no 3+hrs of trib mode required.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I did talk to her, she doesn’t have the clouds option…

Turns out, you need to have the coins in your bag (not bank) for the clouds to show up (all her other options work even if you have the item in your bank…)

TBh I don’t know how you have got clouds any other way to build your stairway. O.O

Two accounts My main account has an infinite coin, and I did that tribulation (= high frustratrion) mode on that one. But I also do the dailies on my second account and now have those furniture coins there too.

You only have to do W1Z1 in Trib mode to visit that HOT HOT HOT furniture shop. Every other furniture shop can be visited in Infantile Mode (although you receive less coins) to unlock the achievement that lets you buy furniture coins from Moto.

Everyone can contribute the furniture coins even if they don’t buy them from Moto. Also if your guild has the guild trader unlocked she sells clouds (up to 3/day if you have her fully upgraded) for guild commendations.

Anyway, definitely work on unlocking that achievement and then each furniture coin is only 25 baubles. Farm baubles in normal modes; then profit with all the clouds your guild could want. I think I’ve personally given my guild like 800+ clouds so far. Super easy, no 3+hrs of trib mode required.

Your first statement invalidates your last statement… You must do tribulation mode if you want to exchange baubles for coins.

(edited by LadyRhonwyn.2501)

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

I don’t see the problem here. Coins are super easy to get and being able to buy them with baubles is just extra.
And you don’t need to complete tribulation for the shop achievement. Just get to one shop in one zone, which is easy enough if you follow a guide.
Lastly trading coins for clouds is available for everyone, just check the raid decoration vendor.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

LadyRhonwyn.2501

And you don’t need to complete tribulation for the shop achievement. Just get to one shop in one zone, which is easy enough if you follow a guide.

Let me tell you a secret: not everybody can do tribulation mode. Tribulation mode is not a matter of skill, it’s a matter of having a very high frustration threshold, a lot of time, perfect hardware and a perfect internet connection.

It took me about 100 deaths just to get one single point in W1Z1 (with those jumping stones). I appeared to be safe yet was constantly knocked off the ledge. You really think I want to try that again on another account?