Seems Everyone doesnt like thier class

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I have at least one of every class, and all of them at 80 except Engineer (got to level 73, can’t make myself spend any more time on the class).

There are some that I like and some that I don’t, but my like and dislike list is typically based on the type of content I want to do (exception: Engineer, which I don’t like in anything), not on the class itself.

The only class that I really have no complaints with is Warrior. It is very strong in most areas, and definitely not the weakest in the others so it is an overall good class to play in every type of content if you are only going to play one class.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Necro is the worst class in PVE right now.

No DPS, condi damage sucks

you don’t know necro at all.
We have some of the best dps/tankiness of all the classes.
Can also have weakness on enemy 100% of the time. (which is very useful and bringing down a boss quicker).

Agreed, condition necro has little place in pve, but powernecro handles excellently

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

I like ‘my’ class.

Therefore the assumption, “Seem everyone doesn’t like their class” is wrong.

The fact of the matter is, a lot of unskilled people play this game and if the game isn’t holding their hand to victory then they blame ‘their class’.

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

My class is fine, its every other class that’s OP bullpuppies!

—for any given “my class”.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I love my warrior. He’s reliable.
And thief. He’s murderous and dodgy.
And mesmers (plural).
My ranger tanks champions, which feels awesome.
My elementalist, just finished kitting out his look, which also feels awesome.

I haven’t quite gotten into Necro, Engi, or Guardian (even though I have some at 80), but I hope to find that OMG-moment with them too.

Out of any MMO I’ve played, GW2 has given me the most to look forward to when it comes to playing different classes. WoW sorta failed at it, Wildstar really failed it, Rift downright insulted me with certain level caps.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Simply put a lot of players are not using the classes for what they’re good at, and ranting about how they’re not as good as some other class in that role – which means their class must be underpowered and needs a buff.

The ranger group is the most likely to do this because the vast majority of them aren’t using their class for what it’s designed for, because what it’s designed for isn’t relevant for the vast majority of PvE content. But most groups, do in general. I’ve even seen warriors complain about being underpowered relative to thief cleave dps.

It’s what you’d expect out of any MMO with variation. The only way these don’t happen is if all the classes play identically – which then would kind of mean the classes are pointless anyway.

I’m not saying the classes are balanced because they’re quite clearly NOT balanced (certain classes ahemwarahem being overpowered in PvE, certain classes ahemnecroahem being overpowered in PvP, certain classes ahemthiefahem being overpowered in WvW). Balancing all game modes separately would resolve this issue, but it seems they are reluctant to do that at present. However, even in the imaginary situation that they really do, someone is going to insist on using a thief as a healing build and complain about how lousy they are relative to a guardian.

It’ll never end.

Posted by: pixiedancer.1526

pixiedancer.1526

I enjoy all the classes, what I hate is people whining for change all the time. They’re usually the ones that end up ruining the core concept of the class until it ends up as some wacky homogenized hybrid that isn’t anything like it was to begin with. I rolled a guardian to be a guardian, if I wanted to be a warrior.. I would roll a warrior etc.

Don’t get me wrong there’s feedback and legitimate complaints, but most of the time it feels like people need to just roll a different class.

(edited by pixiedancer.1526)

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I have played every class at least through level 30. I have 3 level 80’s, a couple in the mid 50’s, and the rest in various stages of lower levels. Some I have loved, and some I had the overwhelming feeling of “meh.”

From a personal standpoint, I find Warrior to be the easiest, followed by Ele, Necro, and finally Mesmer. I didn’t like Guardian much, so I don’t play it often, and I hated Engineer.

I like the thief playstyle, but I am not very good at it, and I don’t understand some of the mechanics, but I will learn eventually. It is fun, just very glassy when it comes to taking damage.

As far as Engineer, yes, I hated it, but it was purely a personal hate, and not a hate because the class sucks. It just wasn’t something I enjoyed.

As far as loving the class, though, I would have to say I love the Necro. I just wish it were more in line with the other professions as far as damage output. Having said that, the particular brand of condimancer I run is extremely resilient, and is great for solo PvE, especially in Orr, with multiple mobs aggroing from all over. My Necro has enough health that it tanks them quite nicely until I DoT them to death. It’s not fast, nor does it have any burst damage, but there is something almost awe inspiring about taking down more than 3 or 4 mobs at a time.

Cheers!

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Sephrye.1628

Sephrye.1628

I love both ranger and necromancer in pve, even though everyone says they are underpowered in various areas,
but I use my own unique builds, so I don’t feel that way, so much; if something doesn’t work for me at the moment, I change it.

Plus, any class can feel underwhelming if it’s not to your playstyle,
and I think every class has it’s issues and sometimes even some broken ones.

But, if you like playing a class,
you shouldn’t let people deter you from that, even if everyone thinks that that class ‘sucks’ right now or something;
it’s more about what you like playing and what you can do with it.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Guardians are very, very stale, and the Grandmaster traits we were given this feature pack patch are ridiculous.

Those Grandmaster traits are just what racial utilites and elites are, joke abilities that no one would use anywhere for competitive playing or maximum effectiveness. They are only for silly builds to joke around with and have a gag about, nothing more.

Guardians are far from useless. Guardians are probably the most used profession everywhere. But it’s so stale and so boring it’s sad.

Guardians still have their problems with bugs, bad synergy with traits, and underperforming weapon abilities, as well as useless signets and spirit weapon utilities.

I dunno man, I think the new Guardian GM traits in sPvP are great. IMO it is one of the most fun classes to play in sPvP. PvE feels a bit stale, but PvP definitely not.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

So Ive been gone for awhile. Like a year or so. I was looking at playing again. So I went on the forums for each of my classes that I play the most. Eng and Guardian. It seems everyone says they are now usesless….so I went to some other forums…everyone hates every class. Sounds like typical MMO stuff. So my question is.. are the classes that messed up or typical MMO banter.

No they are not perfect but they are not as bad as these people make them out to be. I have a feeling that all these complainers loss alot in pvp. I have been playing my Asura Ranger since launch and its one of the most fun classes i’ve played in a mmo and i’ve been playing them since 2000. I try to stay away from the Ranger board.

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

Just in case you didn’t read your own post, you said +750 precision…..not +150. HUGE difference. When you’re bragging about your ‘math’ skills, it usually helps to type in the correct number, or something that is at least close to it.

Woah… ok, lets just go back to the basics:

150 × 5 = ???

The way you worded it originally was very poor.
Yes, you may bring a total of 750 precision to the entire party combined…
But you only bring 150 per person.
The way you had it worded was as if you were providing 750 per person.
Math may be your strong suit, but English is not.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Necro is the worst class in PVE right now.

No DPS, condi damage sucks

you don’t know necro at all.
We have some of the best dps/tankiness of all the classes.
Can also have weakness on enemy 100% of the time. (which is very useful and bringing down a boss quicker).

Agreed, condition necro has little place in pve, but powernecro handles excellently

Yes I do, you are probably a noob. Weakness is not a big deal when u can down a boss quickly with DPS. Power necro is just too weak compared to every other class, even rangers.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Seems like everyone want to see the class that own them in pvp nerfed rather than buff the one they enjoy playing. This is not a cheap game where everyone is autoattacking eachother to death there are other games for that.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Just in case you didn’t read your own post, you said +750 precision…..not +150. HUGE difference. When you’re bragging about your ‘math’ skills, it usually helps to type in the correct number, or something that is at least close to it.

Woah… ok, lets just go back to the basics:

150 × 5 = ???

The way you worded it originally was very poor.
Yes, you may bring a total of 750 precision to the entire party combined…
But you only bring 150 per person.
The way you had it worded was as if you were providing 750 per person.
Math may be your strong suit, but English is not.

Thanks, Viral……I was beginning to think maybe I read too much into the post. At least there is one other person out there that read it the same way I did.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-