Selfless Potion on Asura

Selfless Potion on Asura

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

A display problem I found. When my hair is behind the horns, I can’t see the flames. They only show when I position the camera such that the environment or other characters are behind them. Since most of the time, I and others will be looking down on my asura (with hair behind them), this makes it difficult to see the flames.

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Bluee.1425

Bluee.1425

It’s perfectly fine on all other races, why should they have any issues?
The only issue here is Anet hating on Asura.

The small guy is always picked on.

They better watch out!

Haha. Small and dangerwousss

Commander Champion Magus Bluee of Rata Sum Security [RSS]

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Lunaki.6935

Lunaki.6935

We pay the same amount as people who have bigger characters.. With less to show for it. As soon as I put it on I was immediately disappointed. I mean the size scaling for Asura has always been terrible, (I’m still annoyed about the tiny effects of my Immobulus) but this is scaled down even more than usual. Our heads are pretty big for our bodies, and the halo doesn’t fit to our head size. Plus it’s off center (too far forward).

I mean in my screenshot you can barely even see it! :(

Attachments:

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I mean in my screenshot you can barely even see it!

If it weren’t for the topic of this thread, I wouldn’t have even known to look for the halo. Wow…..just awful.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

No response or change yet, huh? This was getting too low on the page.

Seeing it changed would be nice.

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

I’m actually not that bothered by the size of it (though I wouldn’t complain if it were bigger). I’m more annoyed by the fact that it’s arbitrarily locked out of dungeons and fractals, which is where I spend a fair percentage of my time. If it gives literally no combat benefit, why is it disabled in any form of PvE content?

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Kulgin.9512

Kulgin.9512

Can’t we just a yes or a no if they’re going to fix it?

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Yesod.5264

Yesod.5264

It’s perfectly fine on all other races, why should they have any issues?
The only issue here is Anet hating on Asura.

Actually, I beg to differ. The halo for example does have visual issues that apply to all races as keenly demonstrated in an ongoing thread..

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Still no red post from the dev’s …
I’m loosing my hope

Maybe they will fix it at next living story patch.

Trust me. I’m engineer

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: whitz.7246

whitz.7246

What annoys me the most (besides the size, too transparent) is it only stays equipped for 60 minutes. If you waypoint or take too much damage, it is gone and have to equip again and again.

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

I have experienced it disappearing way before 60 minutes and having to click back on it.. it’s weird.
Still really bothered by the lack of attention this is getting from devs while they reply to meaningless stuff elsewhere =/ I like that you guys interact with the community but sometimes it’s infuriating to see you do that while completely ignoring issues.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Would still like to hear something on this. I know Anet are busy folks working hard, but there is a lot of uncertainty here as to whether or not we can expect a fix : /

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

All I want to hear is a “yes, we’re looking at an always on option” or “It will not have an always on option”. ..“we are looking at it’s graphics/we are not”.

But I suppose if they told us they aren’t looking at it. Less people would buy it while hoping it’ll get fixed.

Selfless Potion on Asura

LordEnki.9283

All I want to hear is a “yes, we’re looking at an always on option” or “It will not have an always on option”. ..“we are looking at it’s graphics/we are not”.

But I suppose if they told us they aren’t looking at it. Less people would buy it while hoping it’ll get fixed.

I agree. It’s not like there was some way we could preview it in game being a potion instead of a wearable item.

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

What is this!? A potion for ants? It needs to be….at least 25 % bigger than this.

I just got to say LOL!

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Brutality.9631

Brutality.9631

Nevermind the size… let’s discuss how it needs to NOT GO THROUGH MY HEAD. See attached. My helmet and/or hair both have a strange sideways earring coming out of them..

Attachments:

Selfless Potion on Asura

LordEnki.9283

Still waiting on a response about this.

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: biggietoot.6945

biggietoot.6945

just got this, very disappointed, only commenting to show my support for this fix

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Howladon.2096

Howladon.2096

Please Arena Net, make the halo larger and more noticeable for asura!

Donovan – lvl 80 Ranger -
Legendary – The Dreamer, Kudzu, The Bifrost -

Selfless Potion on Asura

Kitta.3657

Really hoping it will be a ninja fix in today’s patch

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: ninetales.5208

ninetales.5208

Anyone can tell me if this was fixed today?

It’s true, I’m not dangerous. But these golems are!
ASURA POWER!

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I’m actually not that bothered by the size of it (though I wouldn’t complain if it were bigger). I’m more annoyed by the fact that it’s arbitrarily locked out of dungeons and fractals, which is where I spend a fair percentage of my time. If it gives literally no combat benefit, why is it disabled in any form of PvE content?

Yea, its too bad that so many “cosmetic” items are either not usable at all or somewhat difficult to use (like this) outside of towns. I don’t stand around in town so I could care less about something that is only or mostly used in-town. I don’t understand why they couldn’t do like LotRO which has a Costume system which is visible in the entire game. The costume is visible but your armor and gear still give you stat bonuses. If GW2 had something like that I’d be interested in cosmetic items. As it is I didn’t even consider getting either the horns or halo.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

Still no Dev answer on this? GG

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Just me or, would demonic wings for the thoughtless potion be awesome..
And angel-ish wings for the selfless potion..

I can just imagine how awesome it would look on my asura mesmer, with oxblood and abyss/black dyed armor with devil horns and wings…

Or the opposite way, white / gold dyes with angel wings and a halo…

I know there are some bugs with the potions already, but I just can’t be the only one wanting this right??

Would also like if the demon set also got a devil’s tail, not needed but would add more awesomeness to it all.

So do you support this or not?

Thanks in advice
/Zai – mesmer on FSP

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

I think the horns look great with my hellfire shoulders and gloves. No wings needed

Guild warrior for life!

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Tequatl wings???

Selfless Potion on Asura

UnknownFreak.2805

I never did teq so

How to crashreport…

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

Dwayna backpiece is angelic.
It’s just 200 gold if you dont have crafting at 500 or any mats

Selfless Potion on Asura

UnknownFreak.2805

About that dwayna back, I realized that, and about demonic ish amror is back to mix n match gemstore armors… :U…

next project… make my own demonic wings… I have this hobby of making 3d models… only bad is I just cant implement stuff like I want :o

How to crashreport…

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/The-patch-made-my-shoulders-gigantic/page/2#post3715704

LOL The plate shoulders that were big to begin with were increased in size but no love for the halo too small to make any impression.

The ironic part is people are complaining how bulky those things look. Seems like ANET doesn’t know how to scale, big or small.

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: I Goof Em.6873

I Goof Em.6873

I dont understand the purpose of limiting the use of selfless and selfish potion to only the overworld. What could it possibly be imbalanced in dungeons, and pvp? it is but a tiny cosmetic graphic.

my main’s outfit has always looked like an angel, with wings, white and gold, and fire, so i was thrilled to get my selfless potion’s halo. unfortunately there’s not many places i can use it.

i really hope this can be fixed.

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Oh c’mon another patch, and it isn’t fixed at all :/

Bump!

Trust me. I’m engineer

Selfless Potion on Asura

Bluee.1425

What’s the situation now?

Selfless Potion on Asura

Kulgin.9512

was really hoping the patch would fix this – can we get some red love here?

Selfless Potion on Asura

ninetales.5208

Still wondering if I should go ahead and get my potions for my asura before I lose the chance to. Won’t bother spending 20g for something that will vanish inside my hair though =(

ASURA POWER!

Selfless Potion on Asura

Kulgin.9512

So should we give up on this one? or persist!

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: KasGall.4063

KasGall.4063

I don’t care that much about the size, but It really has to be placed in the middle of the head…

bump!

Selfless Potion on Asura

LordEnki.9283

I’m surprised this hasn’t been addressed yet. Hope to hear something soon though.

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: startomus.2310

startomus.2310

I would gladly give up a Living Story patch to see the Halo and various other armor/weapon, clipping/scaling issues addressed. I don’t think you understand what it does to my OCD. Here’s a picture of my Quaggan-sized Halo.

Attachments:

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Mystical Digital.1603

Mystical Digital.1603

While we’re on the topic of badly designed armor and items for the races… how about Charr armor always having the tail clip through the armor?

Selfless Potion on Asura

LordEnki.9283

Still waiting patiently for over a week and I don’t want to see this thread die out. Guess I’ll have to start contacting customer service directly as well.

(edited by LordEnki.9283)

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

We pay the same amount as people who have bigger characters.. With less to show for it. As soon as I put it on I was immediately disappointed. I mean the size scaling for Asura has always been terrible, (I’m still annoyed about the tiny effects of my Immobulus) but this is scaled down even more than usual. Our heads are pretty big for our bodies, and the halo doesn’t fit to our head size. Plus it’s off center (too far forward).

I mean in my screenshot you can barely even see it!

I don’t understand why Anet isn’t more willing to make some cosmetics comically oversized for Asurans instead of really tiny. Look at the horns on the helm on Braham’s armor skins for example, and imagine how much they’d suck if they were proportioned to be small. A lot of back piece skins are also way to small.

Selfless Potion on Asura

Bluee.1425

bumping this up.

Selfless Potion on Asura

ninetales.5208

So after the 18th we won’t get a chance to barter these, meaning that the 500 heirlooms I saved up I will end up destroying. No way i’m going to pay 20g for this. If any dev has any plan to change these, could you say so before I, and probably people like me, lose the chance to buy these for good?

ASURA POWER!

Selfless Potion on Asura

LordEnki.9283

So I went to the trouble of contacting Anet and this is what they said. Basically from my understanding of this form letter is they take it as a suggestion and have no plans on changing this. Even though it’s not a suggestion and it’s not an idea. It’s a rip off. Save your gold folks, because those of us who didn’t are out 10 gold and hours of play. I would say contact them too, but as you can see it does no good.

Hello,

I appreciate your taking the time to submit your suggestion for Guild Wars 2.

It’s great to know that you have posted this input on the official Guild Wars 2 Forums. The forums truly are the best way to share your thoughts and ideas with the Development Team. When they are considering future Guild Wars 2 development, one of the most significant elements they consider is whether there’s a strong desire for a particular feature or change within the Guild Wars 2 player community. So thank you for posting in the forums, and do be aware that while members of the Development Team are not always able to respond, having suggestions available in a public area helps them gauge the level of interest in a specific idea, and also allows other players to discuss it and offer feedback of their own.

I’ve included a link to the forums for your convenience: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum Please do feel free to post your ideas there – they will be seen!

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Tal.2709

Tal.2709

Attachments:

Selfless Potion on Asura

LordEnki.9283

Selfless Potion on Asura

Kitta.3657

Still not a single reply… What did I expect?

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I tried this on my 3 asura and was completely grossed out so I put it on my main sylvari engineer. Btw, the size of the halo changes based on the height of the asura, was almost invis on min height and bigger on max height. But always hovered way too far forward.. None of my asura really have big hair (and one is bald) but I just couldn’t stand it.

On my engie, it appears to be mounted from one of my branches and clips through that leaf. It also is not quite properly balanced over my head and, again, leans toward the front. This Sylvari is max height, also, which is why the halo looks absolutely gigantic. I saw it on another sylvari, a medium height female, and it was about “average” sized. It’s ridiculous on norn and max height charr.

Not as horrific as what asura must endure, but good lord. Was this just tested on humans? And what’s with the weird height scaling?

Attachments:

Selfless Potion on Asura

Posted by: Bunnybiter.9638

Bunnybiter.9638

I hadn’t picked up the selfless, since my first purchase was the thoughtless potion and after the annoyance of scaling I figured I’d look up pictures of the selfless potion. I’m glad I did. The thoughtless potion’s horns are not even visible due to placement and size, which is unfortunate. Fixing the scaling on both potions would be excellent.

Just dropping my two cents, since it appears devs are watching this thread and waiting for enough interest.