Set useless living story items as 'junk'

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

I’m a bit of a hoarder and I’m often running out of inventory and bank space. It seems quite often living story chapters involve items that later become useless.

My suggestion is that once these items become completely and permanently useless, ArenaNet could set them as ‘junk’ (grey) items with a small merchant value so that it’s more obvious to players that these items are no longer of any use.

What do you think?

(putting this in this forum as the ‘Suggestions’ forum appears to have been archived)

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

OR, you could just not hoard. From past history, they haven’t really used past LS items after the time is over and now that the scarlet story arc is going to be over, more than likely all this stuff will never be seen again.

What kinds of things are you holding on to that you think you will need down the line? I don’t hold anything and have never regretted it.

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

For all the key parts or stuff that is in no way useful anymore, I’d say they should just delete the items from the game, but for “flavor” items like Scarlet’s diary, I’d prefer they update the UI to hold them, like… in the depositables…. way way at the bottom

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

Combatter.5123

Well I guess I’d just prefer it if there was a bit more clarity from ArenaNet as to what is safe to delete. For example, whilst I’m mostly sure that it’s safe to delete Mystical Cogs and Toy Soldier Frames (that were used in Wintersday 2012 but not Wintersday 2013), I’m less sure about items like left over Aetherblade Code Fragments (will these drop in the future?), and Queen’s Gauntlet Entrance Tickets (will the Queen’s Gauntlet return?).

Cheers.

Tyria, Underworld

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Anet should just turn some of the quest items ect. later into Decoration Items for housing

Marjories Diary would make up for a perfect decoration item, you you could put intio a bokkshelf or put onto a desk somewhere ecz.

The Zephirite Model would make up also for a pefect decoration on a desk or somwwhere in the living room.

Other Stuff could be turned into different Decoration items, like those 4 crytals or so of asuran origin, don’t have the names now in my head, but i know, ive just hoarded them, because i liked their skill icons
these could be put for example into the mystic forge and you could receive an asuran style “Crystal Lava Lamp” That would be awesome and that way anet would make in a cool way non useable old items useful for something different in the game to show also off in that way, what you have done all in the past to own these special decoration items.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Set useless living story as ‘junk’

Fixed the titel for you.

Combatter.5123

Any comments from ArenaNet about this?

Tyria, Underworld

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Any comments from ArenaNet about this?

Don’t see any.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?