Share your Mix 'n' Match TOWN CLOTHES!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nibblesalil.3561

nibblesalil.3561

this seems to be again i wont look special , and showing pics as well to prove your point? some how i just find this even more sad than before LOL

Yes, many people want a unique look. Many people appreciate a non-armor look for when they are Roleplaying or just messing around in town. Many people get COMPLIMENTS on a neat, unique look. Anyone and everyone can have a Legendary weapon or a Commander’s icon. But not everybody has imagination. (And imagination is cheaper!)

all i will say is they dont owe you or anyone on this thread an explanatation yet they have given you many and you will still not accept that as the person above states just because you do not agree or dont think its right doesnt mean your right

they did what they did the links show they did listen yet noo ones listening to thier answer due to the fact of your so full of your own agenda to listen to them you dont hear

theres a saying " you cant seen the wood for the trees "

if life is a cabaret old chum ………lets caberet

(edited by nibblesalil.3561)

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

It is possible that some of these WILL be able to be replicated under the new system. Most will probably be gone forever. Even if our pleas against this change fall upon deaf ears, then this thread may serve as a fond scrapbook memory of the good old days gone by.

Cute thread I love the creativity. I jsut want the point out what you said about the pleas falling on Deaf ears. Just because you do not LIKE the response does not mean they aren’t listening. They have explained in the other larger thread about why they made the choice to make some of the older pieces tonics. It is a system issue and this was the only way to change some of them over. It was an all or nothing type deal, and they chose to give us everything instead of scrapping the town clothes idea forever. I love how snarky you are in your “Instead of complaining lets just show off” But in almost every post YOU are complaining about the tonics. If you wanna show off your looks that’s fine and great and I think its wonderful, but your snarky comments about the fact that ANet is “Ignoring” you is just silly. They are NOT ignoring, they are standing by their decision.

Examples of them not Ignoring and explaining why they did what they did with some of hte Town Clothes: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-Town-clothes-Costumes-Combat/page/14#post3817507
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-Town-clothes-Costumes-Combat/page/18#post3823361

That doesn’t sound at all like deaf ears. It sounds to be they are listening, they understand and even sympathize. But they obviously have metrics over how many people use vs. don’t use town clothes on a regular basis, and they had to change the system. So they made a decision. It may not be popular, but its theirs. Don’t go on about how they don’t listen when it’s obvious they do. Snarkiness like this is the reason Devs shy away from talking to players. Even when they do, and the explain people still say they don’t listen simply because they don’t agree with what you said. Psh. Grow up. It’s happening, sure its sad, but they didn’t ignore you at all, they answered, many times about why.

Wow. That’s quite a lot to say about my one use of the phrase “fall upon deaf ears”. And now I’ve got to go look up “snarky” in the dictionary…

I admit that I deviated from the purpose of the thread a couple times when someone asked questions that I felt I needed to respond to. My displeasure is apparent there. But in all of my picture posts I believe I am pointing out what parts are what, and whether they will be able to be reproduced under the new system. I do express my dissatisfaction against tonics at least twice, yes. I dislike the way tonics are handled in this game in general, and don’t think they are an appropriate solution.

I am also not the sort to give up and say “there’s nothing I can do”. That’s what the forums are for… to give people a chance to express their opinions with the devs. I will continue to do so, and I still think this thread is a better way to make them understand how important this is to some people. It is visual, and more positive overall than the main thread.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Hamfast.8719

this seems to be again i wont look special , and showing pics as well to prove your point? some how i just find this even more sad than before LOL

Yes, many people want a unique look. Many people appreciate a non-armor look for when they are Roleplaying or just messing around in town. Many people get COMPLIMENTS on a neat, unique look. Anyone and everyone can have a Legendary weapon or a Commander’s icon. But not everybody has imagination. (And imagination is cheaper!)

all i will say is they dont owe you or anyone on this thread an explanatation yet they have given you many and you will still not accept that as the person above states just because you do not agree or dont think its right doesnt mean your right

they did what they did the links show they did listen yet noo ones listening to thier answer due to the fact of your so full of your own agenda to listen to them you dont hear

theres a saying " you cant seen the wood for the trees "

I never asked them for an explanation. And as I said in my previous post, I will not stop trying to show them how important this is to me. I think that is a better way to get action than name calling, or threats that I won’t use the gem store, or stuff like that.

I have seen their responses. I am responding in kind. The forums are here for open dialogue. Do you always roll over and give up when the powers that be say “no”? Well that’s not me. At least I’m trying to do it in a non-hostile way. If you don’t care about my “agenda” that’s fine. But you can’t tell me to stop trying for a compromise for my side of the issue.

More pictures, guys! Loving ’em!

Posted by: nibblesalil.3561

nibblesalil.3561

It is possible that some of these WILL be able to be replicated under the new system. Most will probably be gone forever. Even if our pleas against this change fall upon deaf ears, then this thread may serve as a fond scrapbook memory of the good old days gone by.

Cute thread I love the creativity. I jsut want the point out what you said about the pleas falling on Deaf ears. Just because you do not LIKE the response does not mean they aren’t listening. They have explained in the other larger thread about why they made the choice to make some of the older pieces tonics. It is a system issue and this was the only way to change some of them over. It was an all or nothing type deal, and they chose to give us everything instead of scrapping the town clothes idea forever. I love how snarky you are in your “Instead of complaining lets just show off” But in almost every post YOU are complaining about the tonics. If you wanna show off your looks that’s fine and great and I think its wonderful, but your snarky comments about the fact that ANet is “Ignoring” you is just silly. They are NOT ignoring, they are standing by their decision.

Examples of them not Ignoring and explaining why they did what they did with some of hte Town Clothes: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-Town-clothes-Costumes-Combat/page/14#post3817507
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-Town-clothes-Costumes-Combat/page/18#post3823361

That doesn’t sound at all like deaf ears. It sounds to be they are listening, they understand and even sympathize. But they obviously have metrics over how many people use vs. don’t use town clothes on a regular basis, and they had to change the system. So they made a decision. It may not be popular, but its theirs. Don’t go on about how they don’t listen when it’s obvious they do. Snarkiness like this is the reason Devs shy away from talking to players. Even when they do, and the explain people still say they don’t listen simply because they don’t agree with what you said. Psh. Grow up. It’s happening, sure its sad, but they didn’t ignore you at all, they answered, many times about why.

Wow. That’s quite a lot to say about my one use of the phrase “fall upon deaf ears”. And now I’ve got to go look up “snarky” in the dictionary…

I admit that I deviated from the purpose of the thread a couple times when someone asked questions that I felt I needed to respond to. My displeasure is apparent there. But in all of my picture posts I believe I am pointing out what parts are what, and whether they will be able to be reproduced under the new system. I do express my dissatisfaction against tonics at least twice, yes. I dislike the way tonics are handled in this game in general, and don’t think they are an appropriate solution.

I am also not the sort to give up and say “there’s nothing I can do”. That’s what the forums are for… to give people a chance to express their opinions with the devs. I will continue to do so, and I still think this thread is a better way to make them understand how important this is to some people. It is visual, and more positive overall than the main thread.

it seems like you want to express here as there isnt someone answering you and you can go on and on as much as you like but when the devs answer you dont like what they say and dont listen so then you create a new one so to start it up again ?

if life is a cabaret old chum ………lets caberet

Hamfast.8719

it seems like you want to express here as there isnt someone answering you and you can go on and on as much as you like but when the devs answer you dont like what they say and dont listen so then you create a new one so to start it up again ?

As a matter of fact, I can go on and on as much as I like until THEY pull the plug on me. Not you. If you don’t side with me, that’s fine. But once again, you can’t tell me to quit. (You can, but I’ll just ignore you).

But please, I would like to stick to Town Clothes mix ‘n’ match pictures in this thread. I have gotten off track far too much already. Argue with me on the other thread.

Thank you.

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

Head: Inventor’s Sunglasses
Shirt: Fitted Casual Shirt
Arms: None
Legs: Riding Pants
Boots: Riding Boots

Attachments:

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: Lunastra.1098

Lunastra.1098

So mine isn’t as awesome as those of other people here in the thread, but I wanted to share it anyway

Head: None
Shirt: Ornate Ruched Shirt
Gloves: None
Pants: Leggings
Shoes: Boots

Attachments:

Posted by: CodenameZeus.3945

CodenameZeus.3945

I would post something, but i threw my town clothes in the mystic forge and got a level 10 rawhide mask.

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

Keanu Reeves is sad. Sad Keanu is sad because he’s losing his Neo outfit on the 15th.

Shame on you, ANet. First the sandwich, now this.

Attachments:

Hamfast.8719

I feel your pain, Keanu. The Airship feels more cramped than usual today, for some reason. My neck is killing me. My head feels like it’s about to explode.

Attachments:

Hamfast.8719

What’s all the fuss? I don’t feel any different.

Attachments:

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

These are all of my characters in there current town clothes combinations and dye selections.

Attachments:

Hamfast.8719

Shh! Keep your voice down in the library!

Head: Wide Rim Glasses
Shirt: Ornate Ruched Shirt
Gloves: None
Pants: Basic Starter Leggings
Shoes: Cook’s Boots (unseen in picture, but trust me – they’re there!)

Attachments:

Posted by: Azure Moonfire.7493

Azure Moonfire.7493

+1. I’ve never purchased extra town clothes myself, so this doesn’t personally affect me, but it seems ridiculous that a function which others enjoy is being taken away with no good reason.

And no, the fear of clipping issues with armor is not a justifiable reason. If that’s really a problem, why can’t town clothes still be mix-and-match-able with other town clothes, and just not armor?

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

What great shots!!!!
Come on developers, don’t take away our mix and match town clothes!

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I’m sad that I didn’t get the shirt to match my hat…

Hamfast.8719

Bubbles Powderpuff is a Biker Chick!. …Now all she needs is a bike. Where’s a “Mounts” thread when you need one?

Head: Aviator Sunglasses.
Shirt: Leather Hoodie
Gloves: Pirate Captain’s Gloves
Pants: Riding Pants
Boots: Starting Gear Boots

Attachments:

Hamfast.8719

Only 3 days left. Please, Dwayna… don’t let them turn my Dragon Emblem Shirt into a tonic.

Edit: Doh! I should’ve use my HALO with that shot! Maybe I’ll go back and do it again, because from what I am told the Halo won’t work with the shirt after the 15th.

Attachments:

(edited by Hamfast.8719)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Only 3 days left. Please, Dwayna… don’t let them turn my Dragon Emblem Shirt into a tonic.

Edit: Doh! I should’ve use my HALO with that shot! Maybe I’ll go back and do it again, because from what I am told the Halo won’t work with the shirt after the 15th.

Wish they’d just make it a skin.
I’d murder a 1000 baby goats for a T-Shirt skin of any sort.

Skirts on every chest piece breaks my heart.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Hamfast.8719

With only two days remaining, Breanna Banana wishes upon a star that somehow, someday, she’ll be able to wear her basic starter shirt with her Cook’s Pants again.

Attachments:

Hamfast.8719

One final day! The end of Town Clothes as we know it arrives tomorrow. But Noid is ready to put up a fight if necessary to retain his boxing outfit. He has on Khaki Cargo Shorts and Cook’s Boots. And Lord only knows what ANet has planned for the Boxing Gloves.

Attachments:

Posted by: PattyCakeChamp.5268

PattyCakeChamp.5268

Don’t take this from me Anet, I need it. (creepy face)

Attachments:

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Hamfast you rock. Thanks for such a great post! How many +1’s can I give you?

And a nod to all the other super creative entries, you guys really made my night.

I bookmarked this thread so can come back and look. It definitly is a slice of Guild Wars history.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Never forget!

Attachments:

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Revyn.8961

Revyn.8961

Really great town clothes, folks! I am really going to miss seeing these in game.

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

Here is the finished compilation of my favorite combinations:

Posted by: Figgy.3856

Figgy.3856

Witch dress + Quaggan hat

Attachments:

Hamfast.8719

Bubbles Powderpuff is about to throw the switch on her experimental Town-Clothes-Into-Armor-Skins-Machine. In the meantime, she’s making the best of things in a way-over-the-top, much-too-Eastery, Easter outfit.

Attachments:

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Listen, I love these pics and all but let’s face facts. Anet doesn’t give two farts about you, your characters, or your opinion.

Welcome to the club.

(PS I will miss seeing these combinations in game. They were always very special to see and made me excited to see them about town.)

Hamfast.8719

Anet doesn’t give two farts about you, your characters, or your opinion.

Nonsense! You’re only saying that because they never have!

(Yes, I’m paraphrasing The Princess Bride. One of the best, most quotable movies of all time!)

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

Sadly, I didn’t see this thread in time to take pictures of my outfits. So frustrating. I loved being able to wear my Cargo Shorts (and nothing else) at the beach. But now? I’m forced into a hoodie. Ugh.

I’ll have to rummage through my (hundreds and hundreds) of screenshots, and see if I have some good ones to add. A wistful reminder of better days.