Share your data about perceived strange drop behavior here!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aproposs Of Fire.4056

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

puffintoast: I don’t want you to sit in silence and endless map X loot Y isn’t what I was talking about either.

My point was that one hurts their cause by contradicting themself (I know that Leamas is right when he says it’s fair to say what is meant…). I know posters don’t mean to, but giving contradictory information undermines their own post. It’s simply the way it is received by the reader.

And I do not mean to put words in anyone’s posts. As I said, my goal is the same as yours… to get this issue resolved.

Posted by: puffintoast.6501

puffintoast.6501

“Porous bones” would make a great mat for an armor set. Not only do they drop almost all the time no matter what type of mob you fight, but they drop in quantities. I can see it now…visualize if you will, Charlize Theron’s character of the evil queen…her wedding dress had bones in the design.

Now that dress was beautiful, not to mention the amazing crow cape (lots of birds in our game) that just flies away when hit. Now that would be a great animation in combat. lol

I think it’s a fantastic idea, Lyn.
Over the years of playing MMO’s, and pondering the concepts behind things like grey items, I have often thought it would make a great addition to the crafting world – the ability to make flavour-only items, such as city clothes.
Considering the reality of the influx of grey items such as the infamous porous bones, due to the changes made to the open-world loot tables last November, I find conversation on this topic very relevant to the OP.
I myself was infracted yesterday for posting on this very topic, believe it or not…

Posted by: puffintoast.6501

puffintoast.6501

puffintoast: I don’t want you to sit in silence and endless map X loot Y isn’t what I was talking about either.

My point was that one hurts their cause by contradicting themself (I know that Leamas is right when he says it’s fair to say what is meant…). I know posters don’t mean to, but giving contradictory information undermines their own post. It’s simply the way it is received by the reader.

And I do not mean to put words in anyone’s posts. As I said, my goal is the same as yours… to get this issue resolved.

Absolutely, if people are making posts that contradict their own findings about the topic, it is far from a positive action.
It is the sheer amount of intolerant moderation and silencing that is going on in these forums that has some of us very unsettled.
The importance of staying on topic is paramount, but having said so, the lateral thinking that is a hallmark of a great community should not be discouraged, lest we end up a hive of drones spouting nought but affirmations.

Posted by: themaster.9802

themaster.9802

I’ve been getting less and less rares while doing Fractals of the Mists. On a regular basis I’d be getting about 5-7 rares per run of the daily level 10 which would yield about 10 ecto. So that was at least 15 runs or so of level 10 once a day.

Now just over the past week I’ve been getting less and less rares and 0-1 ecto from those rares (More often 0). Just today I completed a run without getting a SINGLE rare drop. WTF is going on here?

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

I don’t understand why people are fighting over “concrete data”! It isn’t players’ job to do, it’s Anet’s job. And thousands of users posting here for the past 2 months aren’t idiots to keep on bringing their experiences already. People have shouted for one full month and then they come back asking for concrete data. Which map? Every map. Which mob? Every mob. A cave spider can drop a rare, rarely, and a champion risen priest can drop kitten if at all. There’s no consistency or anything to analyze. The drops are screwed…that’s been talked over – we don’t have to give our everyday experiences with numbers whereas Anet can detect Dye drops within hours and fix it.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Absolutely, if people are making posts that contradict their own findings about the topic, it is far from a positive action.
It is the sheer amount of intolerant moderation and silencing that is going on in these forums that has some of us very unsettled.
The importance of staying on topic is paramount, but having said so, the lateral thinking that is a hallmark of a great community should not be discouraged, lest we end up a hive of drones spouting nought but affirmations.

Didn’t get anything but bones last time i was on and that wasn’t even farming that was simply killing what i couldn’t run from in Orr.

Puffin I know exactly what you mean. It just happened to me.

It’s important we keep the dissenting view open and not attack one another because we’re all gamers who obviously care about this game’s direction. heck do any of you think i’d be here if I wasn’t worried about the managements decisions since launch? I wouldn’t waste my time if I didn’t care.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Ok I just tried this whilst farming sparks in Orr, given a number of varying instances as follows:

• first in to hit, last to hit, doing ~80-90% of damage
  • doing 100% of damage
  • neither first nor last to hit before the kill only doing about ~20% of damage
  • sniping in the last hit (most times with crit damage) after doing no other damage
  • all of the above whilst in a party (some with MF gear on)
  • all of the above with MF (food only)
  • farming solo with all MF + boosters and food buffs

Because I farmed with an ele, I also threw in changing elements mid-fight, also switching weapons between fights. The upshot of all these tactics is that nothing seemed to work any better than the others for looting high-level gear (be it collectibles, armour or weapons).

In the 1 hour I farmed, the ONLY rare I got while farming was during the time I was NOT in a party, NOR with any MF (gear or food buffs). I got a ton of crystals (117 junk, 23 opal shards, 22 opal crystals), 7 greens, 10 blues and 19 whites (armour and weapons included).

No charged lodes were to be found here, except for one person in my party who also didn’t take MF.

So, of my various styles of attacks/kills in an effort to find out any order among the chaos that the drops seem to be, while changing from solo to being in party, from having 0% MF to something over 100%, the only real thing I have found is that random drops are indeed random, and MF has no bearing on the drops whatsoever.

Either way, the drops are a heap less quality than before the 15th of Nov patch, and far too few of them to be found. The irony of this is that the patch notes distinctly say that there were more chances of getting rares and exotics, where this now seems to contradict itself. Quite obviously what needs to happen here is the patch gets reversed, just undo the changes to the drops and loot tables that you had before 15th of Nov. Not only would this save a lot of grief among your community (most of it being felt here), but it would also give Anet the chance to save a bit of face, y’know, admit some wrongdoing.

There is no way my time is worth farming high level areas and foes for the chance of a rare drop. Anet has made it way too difficult to earn any kind of cash in this game, and feel like people are actually getting ahead. Instead it feels like we’re “marking time”, struggling to keep ourselves afloat. You want more cash, it’s simple.. invest REAL CURRENCY into the game (by legitimate means or not) to get you gems which you then trade over (at a ridiculous rate) for in-game currency.

This is not the way to make a game move forward.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I don’t think they are really interested in helping us at all. Sorry folks, but from everything I’ve seen posted and moderator’s commentary, I get the feeling we are pooched, so to speak.

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

I don’t think they are really interested in helping us at all. Sorry folks, but from everything I’ve seen posted and moderator’s commentary, I get the feeling we are pooched, so to speak.

+1 to that!

This is my impression as well. Most players are accepting this massive drop in loot as just fine, even though the loot was pretty abysmal (especially after they implemented DR) to begin with.

I haven’t even been playing since it became apparent that loot was nerfed into non-existence, but I have been monitoring it because I love the gameplay of GW2, but it’s impossible to play when it’s so absolutely ridiculously unrewarding.

At this point unless it’s fixed I probably won’t ever pick up the game again, which sucks bum because I followed GW2 from the first announcement and was a firm supporter of its design vision to people that wanted lame gear grind and holy trinity design stagnation.

(edited by ChairGraveyard.2967)

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Myself and two other players took on a veteran giant in Orr. TWICE I GOT NOTHING!!!

Then here is the funny thing:

I go to Queensdale, hopeing the DE boss might come on (it didn’t mind you…still bugged after who knows how many months) and someone was looking for one more to do CM story. I thought ehhh, might as well, got spare time. I have only done 4 dungeons since I started playing, mind you, and honestly they don’t interest me much. Within 1 hour I got two rares! WHAT THE KITTEN?!

This is just wacky tobacky.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

10 levels, only 2 items upgraded and if I didn’t buy a full set if gear + weapons 10 levels ago I would still have some gear 25 levels lower than me

I would also like to point out that I’m not rushing my character up levels, but instead clearing maps of similar levels before going to the next map level up so there is ample opportunity for gear drops.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Sadly I agree with you too. I believe it will be another 2, or maybe more months, until someone from their team says something about this topic, and it will probably be something along the lines of – “Sorry folks, after a long and hard monitoring of the drops we have come to the conclusion that everything works fine etc etc” …

We have provided tons of information, although I believe this shouldn’t be necessary, yet nothing is done. Sad, sad days.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I wear full MF (so sigil) plus omnomberry bar, change zones often, go in and out of WvW often. Use flamethrower to tag/kill mobs. Harvest every node i come across. Kill all mobs around, i.e. i kill risen even in the elemental areas. Also put all greens in the Mystic Forge, get a decent amount of rares this way, those items are not reflected in the following.

Yesterday: two hours farming in Orr 5 rares, also spent an hour farming charged lodestones, my farm buddy got one, i did not. In the Orr Pent/Shelter/Jorfast events seems like i get one rare every two or three events or so.

Last night in WvW: 3 rares in about 30 minutes, nothing really notable for the next hour plus. Lots of BoH though. used a MF booster since i need food and armor for stats and effects in WvW.

This morning farming earth elementals: 1 rare, 1 onyx lodestone in about 5 minutes, first time i got a lodestone there. couple rares at Orr events after.

My personal observation: 1) rare drops are likely to happen right away in a new farming location. by far most of my good drops happen within the first 10 minutes in a new zone. Personally i have been getting a lot of rare items lately and a good amount of dyes. On a side note, it seems like it would be more worthwhile to sell the rares you loot than try to get ectos from them.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Here’s a simple info any dev can look into and decide for themselves if drops are bugged or perceived as such. Claw of Jormag event – the whole event finishes, people loot the chest, head back to see the Champion Icebrood Goliath and 3 Veteran Icebrood mobs still roaming around. Around 10 people start killing the Champion mob including me, full of MF gear (silly me, bought another MF gear on TP and trinkets and kitten) – zero drop. I mean not even Glob of Globby kitten … nothing. Nobody got anything. 3 remaining vets – no drop.

Yep, did Jormag yesterday for the first time in at least a week. Got 2 valuable metal drops and a white, from the mobs including champions and vets.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

I don’t understand why people are fighting over “concrete data”! It isn’t players’ job to do, it’s Anet’s job. And thousands of users posting here for the past 2 months aren’t idiots to keep on bringing their experiences already. People have shouted for one full month and then they come back asking for concrete data. Which map? Every map. Which mob? Every mob. A cave spider can drop a rare, rarely, and a champion risen priest can drop kitten if at all. There’s no consistency or anything to analyze. The drops are screwed…that’s been talked over – we don’t have to give our everyday experiences with numbers whereas Anet can detect Dye drops within hours and fix it.

Yup, makes you wonder

Posted by: Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

Over the last ~2 months i have takes notes of veteran, champion and dragon chest drops in the open world. The drops are roughly categorized by rarity. Notes were taken only when kill credit was given and could be associated with the mob. Mob levels range from 50 to 80+ in various locations. If several items were dropped, only the one with the highest value in coin was recorded, except for chests. No magic find increasing items were used except for guild banners.

Veterans:
No Drop – 93
Salvage Material – 8
Grey – 14
White Gear – 6
Blue Gear (fine) – 27
Green Gear (masterwork) – 7
Yellow Gear (rare) – 1
Gold Gear (exotic) – 0
Fine Crafting Material / Bag – 15
Coin – 4

Champions:
None – 3
Blue – 12
Green – 2
Yelow – 3

World Boss Chests (all dropped items were recorded):
Blue – 115
Green – 43
Yellow – 3
Upgrade Material / Gem – 42

The data shows that the intended goal of rewarding a drop for all champions (Patch notes for Nov 15th) is not met. Also, more than half of the veterans did not drop any items.
During the two months time of recording the data, no exotic item was acquired in the open world as a drop from creatures or chests.

(edited by Morgoth Bauglyr.9726)

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I wear full MF (so sigil) plus omnomberry bar, change zones often, go in and out of WvW often. Use flamethrower to tag/kill mobs. Harvest every node i come across. Kill all mobs around, i.e. i kill risen even in the elemental areas. Also put all greens in the Mystic Forge, get a decent amount of rares this way, those items are not reflected in the following.

Yesterday: two hours farming in Orr 5 rares, also spent an hour farming charged lodestones, my farm buddy got one, i did not. In the Orr Pent/Shelter/Jorfast events seems like i get one rare every two or three events or so.

Last night in WvW: 3 rares in about 30 minutes, nothing really notable for the next hour plus. Lots of BoH though. used a MF booster since i need food and armor for stats and effects in WvW.

This morning farming earth elementals: 1 rare, 1 onyx lodestone in about 5 minutes, first time i got a lodestone there. couple rares at Orr events after.

My personal observation: 1) rare drops are likely to happen right away in a new farming location. by far most of my good drops happen within the first 10 minutes in a new zone. Personally i have been getting a lot of rare items lately and a good amount of dyes. On a side note, it seems like it would be more worthwhile to sell the rares you loot than try to get ectos from them.

If only all MF worked the way we wanted it to.

Unfortunately, the good (rare) drops happen all too infrequently and are gone before we get to see more.

However I have to disagree with your position on selling rares instead of salvaging ectos. Rares are hardly ever worth more than an ecto value on the TP, and when it comes to such a high-value, versatile and much-demanded item like ecto (which is needed for just about everything in the high-end crafting part of this game) then it’s worth the time and risk taken to salvage.

From a Master’s kit (yellow) and from creating 20 of my own rares as a Lv400 Artificer, I’ve consistently managed to salvage an amount of ectos equal or more than the number of rares crafted. Now for something that only gives a 25% chance of salvaging rare materials (ie. ecto) I think that’s a pretty good deal. My BL kit struggles to keep up with that kind of salvage success, and it has DOUBLE the salvage rate of rare materials.

Which brings us back neatly to the problem of the numbers in this game. If it were only about salvage then we’d have something a bit more tangible to work with, but this is about drops. Funny, I was farming sparks yesterday as well, are you sure you weren’t farming with me?

Also I changed my farming spot back to Frostgorge and went on the hunt for more Corrupted Lodes. I took a buddy of mine I’m trying to help through the game with me, and he and another person farming decided to make use of a Magic Find banner that had been put up. I’m on 0% MF because I don’t believe it works. After one hour of farming icebrood the other two in my party were on zero lodes, and were using MF food/weapon/armour/banner. Myself with none of those, came out with 3 lodes. It’s hard to argue with the hard evidence but tell me again, how is MF supposed to be making the drops better?

Posted by: Tiderus.3861

Tiderus.3861

Honestly I think the whole idea of Magic Find gear is more of a placebo effect then anything. I used to have it and never really noticed a difference with anything compared to when I don’t use it. As it stands now I may use the food every now and again, but as for the gear aspect of it I gave up.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Honestly I think the whole idea of Magic Find gear is more of a placebo effect then anything. I used to have it and never really noticed a difference with anything compared to when I don’t use it. As it stands now I may use the food every now and again, but as for the gear aspect of it I gave up.

Agreed and likewise. The drop rate for rares and exotics are now so low that even at 200% MF, it’s basically ineffective. I gave up almost all my MF gear and even salvaged some of it. The only MF I have left is the +3 that’s on the karka trinket.

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

I have come to agree with the fairly large number of people who want Magic Find completely removed from the game.

When you think about the drop/loot tables and developers needing to balance the economy, you have to automatically assume that since 200% MF is possible for the majority of players (and it is if you work at it) then ANet must set the economy to assume that every player is playing maximum Magic Find. (Note: The loot tables themselves can and probably are calculated to take the exact MF percentage into consideration – but I’m not sure that can be done on the general economy algorithms as a whole. So there is a disconnect and possible “moving-part” issue.)

The truth is that the majority of players are using much less MF, if any, and so they are losing out on the loot table calculations that depend upon global variables from the general economy calcs.

Magic Find probably doesn’t work with this game. /understatement from an uninformed observer.

Posted by: kdiZ.5617

kdiZ.5617

I’m sure this has been mentioned a few times but I think the real problem is broken DR, DR getting bugged, or DR getting stuck. So this should be looked at as a possible reason for the bad returns for many of players experiencing problems.

Death Reincarnated.3570

I have observed the following with regards to anti-DR:

1) Good loot occurs within the first hour or so.
2) Going to zones not previously been to helps.
3) Frequently moving between areas/zones, however timer shorter than in 1).
4) Minimizing harvesting of nodes.
5) Not attacking the same mob constantly over a period longer than 10-15min.
6) MF has no use.
7) Attacking mobs in a group helps to a degree.
8) Changing your activities, i.e. harvesting, killing mobs, dungeons, DE’s.
9) Not taking loot instantly the moment it shows up from dead mobs.
10) Overall sporadic behaviour encouraged.

Do not click this link!

morrolan.9608

I have observed the following with regards to anti-DR:

1) Good loot occurs within the first hour or so.
2) Going to zones not previously been to helps.
3) Frequently moving between areas/zones, however timer shorter than in 1).
4) Minimizing harvesting of nodes.
5) Not attacking the same mob constantly over a period longer than 10-15min.
6) MF has no use.
7) Attacking mobs in a group helps to a degree.
8) Changing your activities, i.e. harvesting, killing mobs, dungeons, DE’s.
9) Not taking loot instantly the moment it shows up from dead mobs.
10) Overall sporadic behaviour encouraged.

IOW play the way arenanet wants you to play.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

so, several weeks after my initial post in this thread, more hard data:

i’m averaging perhaps 1 rare every 15 hours played. Haven’t seen an exo except this one hour I decided to grab rares nobody wanted from the TP and flush them down the mystic toilet.

I’m still not making enough to re-gear my toon with even basic vanilla equipment if some patch turns my build inside-out, while my guildies are still averaging 6 ectos in the same 5 hour sessions + their normal gold rewards. (i play weekends a lot these days, and am punished for it, apparently, because i’m on too long?)

The reward from the chests defeating dragons makes me REALLY want to let zhaitan win to see if his reign is better than the pact’s.

(edited by plasmacutter.2709)

Medazolam.3058

You get one rare for every 15 hours played? Wow, that is terrible. Where are you farming? What are you killing? Those rates are just awful. Just out of curiosity do you do dungeons/fractals? If so how is your loot?

Also I know on Ferg, the farm parties in Orr get rather big on the weekends and we are a low pop server, do you group up to get more kill credit?

Just trying to help, you must be very frustrated.
Also I terms of selling vs salvaging rares, right now it seems like I get a lot of salvages with no ectos, that I could have sold for 20S or more. Also now that I don’t flush ectos down the drain cause I got the 77 clovers. Of course sometimes I get 3 ectos, random being random.

wildcode.5403

You get one rare for every 15 hours played? Wow, that is terrible.

Some of us can only wish for this rare drop rate … I was lucky and got 2 rares (below lvl 70) yesterday, but I usually only see a rare every couple of days

Medazolam.3058

You get one rare for every 15 hours played? Wow, that is terrible.

Some of us can only wish for this rare drop rate … I was lucky and got 2 rares (below lvl 70) yesterday, but I usually only see a rare every couple of days

Do you also see this rate in dungeons and WvW?

wildcode.5403

Do you also see this rate in dungeons and WvW?

I’ve never gotten a rare in WvW, and I don’t dungeon enough to make a comparison.

Posted by: Saverin.4165

Saverin.4165

First post here, but i have spent 23 hours spread over a week farming corrutped lodestones in forstgorge sound, with 0% mf, with 160%mf, solo, in party. havent gotten a single lodestone. Mentioned it to my guildies they went to the same spot and one hour each got 4-7 lodestones, so either im having horrid luck and never seeing one or they have some magical drop chances. any idea?

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

Drop rate is so random it isn’t even funny. Today me and a guild mate ran around all day, did 4 runs of CM, I’m a thief and she’s and elementalist, she’s in magic find gear and I am in full zerkers, she pulls an exotic great sword (Khrysaor, the Golden Sword) and i get blues. A little while later in Fotm level 10 she gets an Axiquiotl out of the chest. Thought magic find didn’t work on chests?

Posted by: Wicked.1563

Wicked.1563

I have been running fractals constantly since they’ve come out and noticed a severely reduced drop rate recently, and drastic differences in the drops in the first place. I’ve run a level 20 and gotten 6 rares 2 exotics 3 high level rare crafting materials and numerous greens where as the run I did yesterday netted me 1 blue 2 greens and the relics from each of the chests, except the jade maw where it also gave me a pile of vile essence in addition to the 1 blue and 2 greens.

I have also spent some time in the cursed shore trying to farm Charged Lodestones from the level 80 sparks on my character, while my girlfriend, who is right next to me, finds 10 times as many as I do. Now this is not an exaggeration. She has literally found 10 times as many as I have, 20 to 2. This was over several days but about 2 hours during each session, where she would find 3-4 and I would find 0-1. Wearing magic find did not seem to increase or diminish either of our drop rates either, as I would always wear full magic find and still only find 0-1 where she would find 3-4 regardless of what gear she was in.

morrolan.9608

First post here, but i have spent 23 hours spread over a week farming corrutped lodestones in forstgorge sound, with 0% mf, with 160%mf, solo, in party. havent gotten a single lodestone. Mentioned it to my guildies they went to the same spot and one hour each got 4-7 lodestones, so either im having horrid luck and never seeing one or they have some magical drop chances. any idea?

Bugged DR, it has to be. Because they’re trying to individualise drop rates via the DR system bugs affect individual players.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

You get one rare for every 15 hours played? Wow, that is terrible. Where are you farming? What are you killing? Those rates are just awful. Just out of curiosity do you do dungeons/fractals? If so how is your loot?

Also I know on Ferg, the farm parties in Orr get rather big on the weekends and we are a low pop server, do you group up to get more kill credit?

Just trying to help, you must be very frustrated.
Also I terms of selling vs salvaging rares, right now it seems like I get a lot of salvages with no ectos, that I could have sold for 20S or more. Also now that I don’t flush ectos down the drain cause I got the 77 clovers. Of course sometimes I get 3 ectos, random being random.

That’s the thing, I’m not farming, i’m just playing normally like anet wants me to.

Usually i’ll join guildies on event runs, explorable runs (no fotm, fotm is satan’s spawn), and spend the rest of my time exploring lowbie zones on alts for extended periods, but never in the same quadrant of the zone more than 40 minutes.

I’m lucky if my gold reaches double-digits in a month before dropping again for regears after a patch, or to gear up an alt that hits 80.

ANet has done a horrible mis-calculation if someone like me can be on permanent DR while being offline most of the week due to insane schedules working in highly-available hosting.

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Drop rate is so random it isn’t even funny. Today me and a guild mate ran around all day, did 4 runs of CM, I’m a thief and she’s and elementalist, she’s in magic find gear and I am in full zerkers, she pulls an exotic great sword (Khrysaor, the Golden Sword) and i get blues. A little while later in Fotm level 10 she gets an Axiquiotl out of the chest. Thought magic find didn’t work on chests?

Get ready for the irony, but that really is some very good luck she had. As quoted by Anet, MF has no bearing on chest drops at all.

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

Get ready for the irony, but that really is some very good luck she had. As quoted by Anet, MF has no bearing on chest drops at all.

Does Anet even know if magic find works?

Posted by: Dragon Relic.8216

Dragon Relic.8216

It looks like one of my posts were deleted :/

In that post I mention how:
I’m sure this has been mentioned before but I believe that the issue with drops is a broken DR system. It either gets stuck, bugged, or its just broken all together. I have heard some people say they need to go to FoTM to unstick the DR. So I think if you want to really look into the drop rate problem look into DR because when it was implemented is when drops really started to get all buggy.

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Seems arena thinks having no fun for two months in their game is ok and is not a problem. They have not enough data to make decision… TWO MONTHS kitten i lose my hopes in arena.net

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

I have to take a minute to thank Colin J. for posting in this thread recently. Before that, I believe that many players were hesitant to post their observations due to not wanting to be seen as ‘complainers’.

Since then, we are getting new posters and observations that confirm the issue as Colin did in his post. This can only help to get to the solution quicker.

There are too many new posters to quote but thanks to you all for some very good reporting of your loot experiences in-game!

Thanks Colin.

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Aproposs Of Fire,
In two months you can rework loot system completely, not just investigate how it works step by step. I dont want to insult anyone, but two months! What should i think about theirs analytical abilities? Do you really think two months is not enough? I start to think that was an intended change and they don’t work at it at all.

Many people left the game already. I think about it too. I just don’t know what to do in game. I just login, do daylies and off again. I have all items i want except legendary (all gifts for it are ready). Btw, i got 3 different precursors from MF and it costed me >1000 yellows per. I got about 1 yellow from drop, and may be 1 from dragons chests last week. I can’t buy enough materials to craft and put them in MF (btw they said drop should be not worse than craft). How many years should i spend just to get precursor? I don’t think this goal worth my real life.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

(edited by ezd.6359)

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Soloed the Champion Giant Shark in Southsun Cove. No drop of course, so guess what I can’t be bothered with ever again? Honestly, has this thread not produced enough information about “perceived strange drop behavior”, or is this just exactly how Anet wants things to be?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Leamas.5803

I have been running fractals constantly since they’ve come out and noticed a severely reduced drop rate recently, and drastic differences in the drops in the first place. I’ve run a level 20 and gotten 6 rares 2 exotics 3 high level rare crafting materials and numerous greens where as the run I did yesterday netted me 1 blue 2 greens and the relics from each of the chests, except the jade maw where it also gave me a pile of vile essence in addition to the 1 blue and 2 greens.

I have also spent some time in the cursed shore trying to farm Charged Lodestones from the level 80 sparks on my character, while my girlfriend, who is right next to me, finds 10 times as many as I do. Now this is not an exaggeration. She has literally found 10 times as many as I have, 20 to 2. This was over several days but about 2 hours during each session, where she would find 3-4 and I would find 0-1. Wearing magic find did not seem to increase or diminish either of our drop rates either, as I would always wear full magic find and still only find 0-1 where she would find 3-4 regardless of what gear she was in.

This seems to be life as normal in GW2 these days. Some people tend to be extremely lucky while others, in the same group even, can’t get decent drops at all. It should be stressed that “6 rares 2 exotics, 3 high level rare crafting mats” on a single run ANYWHERE would be considered EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY lucky. There are people here with hundreds of hours in, perhaps more, who have never had an exotic drop. Not counting the Karka chest, I think in nearly 400 hours of regular play I’ve only had 2, maybe 3, exotics drop and these days it generally would take me several weeks of casual play to get 6 rares. I don’t explicitly farm, but have NEVER had a lodestone of any kind drop…ever. I have full area completion on Orr and have spent extensive amounts of time there before giving up on the area for poor drop rates.

These days I work exclusively on world completion and jumping puzzles. I tend not to do bosses or any open world champions, again due to poor drops. The reward vs time simply is not there. The Melandru event in Orr is a good example…an irritating and time consuming event to begin with and the last time I did it…whites and blues…really? For an hour and 40 minutes? Lyssa is a better event, but a worse time sucker, requires a very large number of people to actually coordinate and be organized AND you always have those who are there farming sparks wanting the event to fail. Good event that has so many things going against it. Again, never seems to be anyone doing it and I’m guessing it’s simply due to the lack of any reward for the effort. Seems the only rares I EVER get out of boss chests these days are useless crests.

I did Thaumanova Secret Boss jumping puzzle on the weekend, which also requires you kill the fire elemental…so two bosses, two chests…blues and greens. (Remember chests are scaled to drop appropriate to your level, so rares and exotics are possible) There were only two of us for the secret boss champion, so it took a while. I was only after the jumping puzzle achievement so achieved my goal, but probably didn’t make enough coin to cover the repair costs of the elemental fight combined with the waypoint travel cost. Sad!! FotM doesn’t really interest me and I rarely have enough of a group to run dungeons, unless I random group with people I don’t know, which I have done the majority of the times I’ve run dungeons, but it presents a whole host of different issues.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: kuroioni.3147

kuroioni.3147

I have to take a minute to thank Colin J. for posting in this thread recently. Before that, I believe that many players were hesitant to post their observations due to not wanting to be seen as ‘complainers’.

Since then, we are getting new posters and observations that confirm the issue as Colin did in his post. This can only help to get to the solution quicker.

There are too many new posters to quote but thanks to you all for some very good reporting of your loot experiences in-game!

Thanks Colin.

…Really?

Also: “as Colin did in his post”? Where?

“I posted this elsewhere, but just quickly wanted to update where we stand on this issue:
We’re continuing to look into this and have a team of folks sifting through insane amounts of data based on all of your reports. This is an incredibly time intensive and unfortunately mostly manual process while we work on building tools to streamline this in more automated ways so it’s going to take a while.
We’ll update once we have more tangible information to share.”

Not only is there no concrete information provided, there’s also NO confirmation that there even IS an issue.

It’s been what? A month since this thread was created. 2 months if you count the original thread that’s been killed.
Not only are we asked to do their job, not only are we being treated like unreasonable whining children but the amount of ‘dodging the subject’ is simply outstanding.

The post you so eagerly are thanking for is nothing more than a glorified “yeeeah… we’re ‘looking into’ this”. Which, by the way, at this time is simply ridiculous.

Posted by: Rezo.1745

Rezo.1745

Thanks Colin.

Hmmm…Is there anything relevant to the topic of this thread in what author of this post wrote here? Should I also understand that he/she is working for the developer?Because I do not see any other reason somebody would write anything like that.
From my experience with drops and loot:
- magic find have small to none impact on drops for most desirable items like lodestones or T6 mats, because increase from lets say 0,00001% by 100% is still very small
-magic find is put to good use if you farm t5 or lower tier mats because their drop rate is fairly high and magic find makes it even higher

Posted by: Mozzyrella.4517

Mozzyrella.4517

Not only is there no concrete information provided, there’s also NO confirmation that there even IS an issue.

It’s been what? A month since this thread was created. 2 months if you count the original thread that’s been killed.
Not only are we asked to do their job, not only are we being treated like unreasonable whining children but the amount of ‘dodging the subject’ is simply outstanding.

The post you so eagerly are thanking for is nothing more than a glorified “yeeeah… we’re ‘looking into’ this”. Which, by the way, at this time is simply ridiculous.

This is exactly the reason why I decided a few days ago to stop playing this game. I don’t think a company who treats their customers like this, deserves my time (or my money) anylonger.

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

This seems to be life as normal in GW2 these days. Some people tend to be extremely lucky while others, in the same group even, can get decent drops at all. It should be stressed that “6 rares 2 exotics, 3 high level rare crafting mats” on a single run ANYWHERE would be considered EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY lucky. There are people here with hundreds of hours in, perhaps more, who have never had an exotic drop. Not counting the Karka chest, I think in nearly 400 hours of regular play I’ve only had 2, maybe 3, exotics drop and these days it generally would take me several weeks of casual play to get 6 rares. I don’t explicitly farm, but have NEVER had a lodestone of any kind drop…ever. I have full area completion on Orr and have spent extensive amounts of time there before giving up on the area for poor drop rates.

These days I work exclusively on world completion and jumping puzzles. I tend not to do bosses or any open world champions, again due to poor drops. The reward vs time simply is not there. The Melandru event in Orr is a good example…an irritating and time consuming event to begin with and the last time I did it…whites and blues…really? For an hour and 40 minutes? Lyssa is a better event, but a worse time sucker, requires a very large number of people to actually coordinate and be organized AND you always have those who are there farming sparks wanting the event to fail. Good event that has so many things going against it. Again, never seems to be anyone doing it and I’m guessing it’s simply due to the lack of any reward for the effort. Seems the only rares I EVER get out of boss chests these days are useless crests.

I did Thaumanova Secret Boss jumping puzzle on the weekend, which also requires you kill the fire elemental…so two bosses, two chests…blues and greens. (Remember chests are scaled to drop appropriate to your level, so rares and exotics are possible) There were only two of us for the secret boss champion, so it took a while. I was only after the jumping puzzle achievement so achieved my goal, but probably didn’t make enough coin to cover the repair costs of the elemental fight combined with the waypoint travel cost. Sad!! FotM doesn’t really interest me and I rarely have enough of a group to run dungeons, unless I random group with people I don’t know, which I have done the majority of the times I’ve run dungeons, but it presents a whole host of different issues.

I have 600 hr+ under my 3 lvl 80 toons, my gf has only 1 and probably has 200 hours tops. Last week, I had to stop playing the toon that I solely played with her, same events same zones same time, as I get one rare in maybe 30-40 hours of play time while she would get 10+, and no exotic, while she gets exotics once in a long while. I am pretty sure in 2 weeks if not less, she’s going to have more money than me as her gains have been consistently 2x+ more than mine, sometimes 5x+, through mats and other drops, for about 3 weeks now.
Here’s an improvement though, I did switch to one of my other lvl 80s about a week ago, and now I am getting 2 rares maybe every 15 hours so yay, I am frustrated slightly less. I just cant play my engineer with confidence that it’s not bugged anymore though.

Leamas.5803

Correction to the above post…that should read, “This seems to be life as normal in GW2 these days. Some people tend to be extremely lucky while others, in the same group even, can’t get decent drops at all.”

Death Reincarnated.3570

I think the reason why it is taking so long is that ANet does not want to let go of their DR-kitty. We can tweak this, tweak that, change this n that, BUT WE WILL NEVER REMOVE OUR BELOVED DR KITTY!

First step would be to analyse the difference in code between pre and post November 15th patch. If there are no bugs then it was purpously implemented, thus it is working as intended.

I still think DR should completely go. It’s too buggy and has caused more grief than help. Surely ANet would have taken this into consideration – if not, shame on you (ANet) not thinking more logically about this. Unless ANet have lots of $$$ to fork out on this?

Do not click this link!

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

. it never gets fixed, all we get is just a msg about it and everything calms down until people realise its been 2 months and they did nothing about it other than talk to calm us for a bit. Seriously, I feel like I’ve just wasted my time with this MMO.

There you go.

Leamas.5803

. it never gets fixed, all we get is just a msg about it and everything calms down until people realise its been 2 months and they did nothing about it other than talk to calm us for a bit. Seriously, I feel like I’ve just wasted my time with this MMO.

There you go.

LOL When did you post that? It looks as though the original has been removed.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

One thing that dawned on me today; in the first three months of playing I purchased 4 new bank slots to store green and yellow gear and since November 15th I needed to purchase only one.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??