Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Bought all five, put copper/silver-fed + food/ult. there. Got a leftover copper-fed but I got my money’s worth out of having two so it’s fine. My multiple sets of gathering tools are staying right where they are, b/c they’re exactly as useful to me as they were before.

Price is just fine. 10/10 would buy again.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

I went back to the Molten Alliance pick thread to have a read since this one reminded me of it. The products are apples and oranges but it was also full of “whaaaa it costs too much for what it is!!” and so on. And now people have too many of that style of thing, much of it probably from gems purchased with cash. I suspect the same thing may happen with these account wide slots.

I’m not not sure about that for 2 reasons.
- You can only buy 5 shared slot.
- ANet refund policy is kittening off the buyer of multiple…..“everything else” that didn’t have a limit.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I went back to the Molten Alliance pick thread to have a read since this one reminded me of it. The products are apples and oranges but it was also full of “whaaaa it costs too much for what it is!!” and so on. And now people have too many of that style of thing, much of it probably from gems purchased with cash. I suspect the same thing may happen with these account wide slots.

I’m not not sure about that for 2 reasons.
- You can only buy 5 shared slot.
- ANet refund policy is kittening off the buyer of multiple…..“everything else” that didn’t have a limit.

Maybe, maybe not. Makes no difference to me anyway. I just found it interesting. Though, what people say, especially on the internet, isn’t necessarily what they’ll do.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Nibi.3572

Nibi.3572

I know i’m not adding much but i still want my voice to be heard

700 gems for 1 slot is outrageous

i could see 700 gems for maybe 3-4 slots but even i feel like that is pushing it

ANet please reconsider this is a huge step in the right direction with inventory stuff but the price aint right

Posted by: Rinn.2375

Rinn.2375

Didn’t hesitate a second to buy this upgrade. I have one terrace ticket and one ship ticket. I do understand the feelings of the people who have more than one, but I am happy now to have only one of these. (In a very very selfish way I know.) I have few alts that I parked next to a world boss’ or jumping puzzle chest and aside of the armors and weapons I can fetch the loot every single day now from these toons. Even the armors and weapons can be salvaged, ‘couse I can give the toon a proper salvage kit now.
This upgrade has a huge impact on everything I think. It’s almost game changing.

Ad astra per asperas

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

Hmm..ok, reading from this thread it seems that lot of people are not getting their refunds. Anet will lose $$$ if they refund and players lost trust without refund.
So…my suggestion. Like previously where the harvest tools were soul bound to 1 character and Anet had you go to a vendor to make it account bound. I think they might be better of with doing something like that which makes the possible to remove the account bound only from these few items to let those players sell them on TP. I know a lot people do not have some of these items and would love to get their hands on them at a cheaper price. Maybe give a cool off period to these players to sell like 2 weeks and after that, that’s it, can’t sell on TP anymore …….just a thought.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not everyone got refunds for tools, some liked having multiple sets. The big problem here is that players want refunds on all their duplicates while a shared slot can hold only one item at a time.

The real issue is that players who had the gold and cash to purchase multiple convenience items are now miffed that the less fortunate can achieve the same level of convenience for less now. As it is we have players that refuse to rationalize the cost of convenience items; players who could afford only one copy; and lastly players who could afford multiple copies.

This item could be enough to get a player with no convenience item to take the plunge and those with only one copy of convenience items to buy the max number of shared slots.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Distillia.9834

Distillia.9834

In-game, the idea of Shared Inventory storage is very desirable. However, as a consumer, the price + the very restricted amount of slots isn’t worth it for me and many of the people I play with.

To put it plainly, if I were to invest in the shared inventory slots I would be throwing away previous investments on the duplicate items I’ve purchased. You just don’t do that.

As an example, I have 3 Copper-Fed across 17 Characters. If I buy 1 Slot @ 700gems I am now out not only 700 gems but the 1600 gems for the two other Copper-Fed. Put another item there you say ? Adjust the cost accordingly to whichever item would be convenient to put there, Teleports, Gathering Tools. You could put the once-a-day purchase items there, but what a waste of space if you have a Bank Contract.

The fact is, there is a whole whack of working items and this change makes many of them redundant.

• 5 Slots is not enough to store Keys, which is what the community actually needs, with the new set of keys-per-map.
  • 5 Slots is not enough to store all the convenience items available, such as the salvage kits, the passes/bank pass, the merchant, the unlimited tools.
  • 5 Slots is not enough to hold gear to swap between characters. It’s not even a full set of Armor.

It’s a loss no matter how I look at it, the functionality just is not worth the cost for a player that has been around long enough to have these items. And truth be told, isn’t that who the game should be marketed to, as well as to new players?

I love this game. I love supporting the people who make this game and as a result, I’ve put a lot of money into it. But I just can’t buy this. It caters toward newer players, its price point is fair* IF you do not already own more than one of the convenience items that would be placed there. They will sell less convenience items in the long-run so the price-point does make sense long-term. But as a loyal player I have multiples of these convenience items and I’m being asked to willingly throw away my money. Can’t do it.

Suggestion? – Our multiples = an equivalent exchange through an NPC. Example: 1 Copper Fed = 1 Slot + 100gems to your account.
(Edited for a more friendly discussion rather than simple whining, including a suggestion.)

(edited by Distillia.9834)

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

This item could be enough to get a player with no convenience item to take the plunge and those with only one copy of convenience items to buy the max number of shared slots.

You forget one very important part: The player you mentioned are the usual mass which probably mostly uses gold or their saved gems (from achiev points maybe?) for that item.
Most of the people or all that bought multiple convinience items (and let’s reduce it to only multiple copper-fed-salvage-o-matics, which have NO more convinience at all) are the so called “wahles”. I will get the 5 shared inventory slots of course, there is no question, but I will only exchange them for gold. No more €/$ for gw2.
That’s the most interesting part this time about the “no refund” policy. f2p player won’t care, new player won’t care, even veterans won’t care (that are the people crying about the price, which is actually a great deal. 2,800 gems for 5 acc-slots is cheap as hell), but most of the whales are hurt by this no refund decision. From anets economic point this decision probably makes total sense and creates a lot $$ for them, but still its very interesting.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Speaking as someone who has bought three copper-feds, I can safely say this… I don’t care. I got significant use out of them and even with the account slots I have no regrets. It is my intent to purchase the five slot package, put my copper-fed, silver-fed, airship and royal passes in them. Fifth item is up in the air. I honestly don’t see what all the fuss is about.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: NannyOgg.9378

NannyOgg.9378

So I could buy one shared slot, and permanent bank access to put in it? That way I can keep all the stuff I want to share in my account bank, which all my alts will have access to, wherever they are in Tyria. Sounds like a bargain; you only need one slot, if you put the right thing in it

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

So I could buy one shared slot, and permanent bank access to put in it? That way I can keep all the stuff I want to share in my account bank, which all my alts will have access to, wherever they are in Tyria. Sounds like a bargain; you only need one slot, if you put the right thing in it

Not sure if your post is sincere or sarcastic…

Yes, you can spend 700 gems for the 1 slot and 4,000 gold for the perma bank access…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This is definitely an option and could be a great way to do it.

The problem is that everyone else has had the same idea, and between that and the fact that the Bank Access Express Contracts only come from Black Lion Chests as a very rare drop they were selling for 3,000 gold at least last time I checked.

Which puts it out of reach of most players, including those willing to exchange gems for gold.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

This is why I don’t buy gems. Because of silly ideas like this and predatory practices.

Should have instead sold account BAG slots.

Posted by: Noblesse.6480

Noblesse.6480

Just sharing my experience, have bought five Copper-fed, two Silver-Fed and five Royal Terrace passes over time. Was excited to buy these slots to share these to all my characters and accepted the items had been well loved and hence not refundable.

I did however expect (especially given Gaile’s original reddit comments) to get a refund on the last Royal Terrace purchase I bought in the December 2015 sale. However I contacted support several times today and was denied.

I really thought this gem refund would be a non-issue but they brought out the 24 hour window which seems to conflict with the earlier comments of “ages”. I’ve been a big supporter of Anet since GW1 (including financially) but I’m pretty much done. I’ve got plenty of ingame gold so from now on I’ll transfer to gems. I enjoyed using real life money as I enjoyed supporting the game I love but that won’t be happening any longer.

So disappointed.

Posted by: polarbear.2497

polarbear.2497

It would be very helpful if the location of the shared slot could be moveable. Perhaps it could be dragged to another location in the grid?

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

I have several sets of gathering tools and have had my use out of them and was happy with my purchases and wont be seeking any sort of refund.
I intend to get the 5 slots as i have silver and copper fed-o’matics and a royal pass.
The only sour taste i have with this is that the perma bank express’s were bought out before this was announced, would love a-net to add perma contracts to buy in the gem store and not just from rng boxes.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Some people already complained (myself included) that 400 gems for a single extra inventory bag slot is too expensive as long as it only affects a single character and thus is so not reasonable (800gems/slot and therefor accountwide would have been far more reasonable).
And now 700 gems for a single account wide inventory slot, of which you can only make somewhat good use after spending more than 3000 gold for an unlimited bank access (unless you have incredible RNG luck and get one out of a BLC) is just the last drop in the “let’s show our customers that they’re nothing but cashcows to us” barrel.

If at least it was something like “800 gems = 10 shared inventory slots”, so people could easily share copper-fed-o-matic, unlimited gathering tools, buff food and other convenience stuff easily around, they’d prbly sell a) many more of them and b) many people would probably spend extra gems on said tools leading to c) more profit for arena.net + happier players. But since that would somehow make sense we’ll never gonna see it happen I guess.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Some people already complained (myself included) that 400 gems for a single extra inventory bag slot is too expensive as long as it only affects a single character and thus is so not reasonable (800gems/slot and therefor accountwide would have been far more reasonable).
And now 700 gems for a single account wide inventory slot, of which you can only make somewhat good use after spending more than 3000 gold for an unlimited bank access (unless you have incredible RNG luck and get one out of a BLC) is just the last drop in the “let’s show our customers that they’re nothing but cashcows to us” barrel.

If at least it was something like “800 gems = 10 shared inventory slots”, so people could easily share copper-fed-o-matic, unlimited gathering tools, buff food and other convenience stuff easily around, they’d prbly sell a) many more of them and b) many people would probably spend extra gems on said tools leading to c) more profit for arena.net + happier players. But since that would somehow make sense we’ll never gonna see it happen I guess.

It’s overpriced if you only consider it an inventory slot, but that’s not how you should see it. The account inventory slot would be more accurately described as an asset multiplier.

Say you have ten characters and one copper-fed salvage-o-matic, for 700 gems you just turned that 800 gem salvage kit into 8,000 gems worth of salvage kits. A 4,000 gold permanent bank contract turns into 40,000 gold worth of bank contracts. That’s cheap for the function it performs.

Posted by: stevecelrau.1564

stevecelrau.1564

I cant’t understand the people that complains about the fact that they have many gathering tools. They bought them for convenience. If they put them in the shared slot is more of a hustle to use them, i mean every time you have to equip them, remember to unequip them and put them in the shared slot before character change, and so on. Convenience guys just don’t do that. Ever. So stop complaining, bring some constructive to the discussion.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

You only need one copper salvage o matic and 1 silver fed salvage o matic per account now. All those extras I bought are now useless …

And if you ask for a refund for your now useless extra Salvage-o-Matics, customer service just tells that it is your own fault.

“We just made your items useless, now bugger of” – not their words, just me rephrasing it.

I’m not asking for a refund. They’ll sit on one of my many alts just in case I decide to use the shared slots for something else.

Posted by: kyrie.8530

kyrie.8530

Any chance to get some perma banks unbound, as ive got like 4 of them, and its now pointless to have more than one now. Just used to have one perma bank on each main toon, and then all the other perma stuff in storage together with all the potions/food

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Let the shared inventory slots be always visible like the search bar. This way, when a player scrolls down thru the bags, the shared inventory slots will always be visible for immediate access and a player won’t be to scroll up again to access them.

This is helpful when salvaging, accessing bank etc. through those slot items.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: Kezika.7692

Kezika.7692

Can we get these so that stuff will automatically stack in them if it is a stackeable item? I’m using a couple of mine for the “key” items and I’ve noticed that they don’t auto-stack. I’d be nice if items could auto-stack in these slots.

Posted by: anabasis.7346

anabasis.7346

I don’t know what time frame makes you eligible for a refund but I got both Royal Terrace Passes refunded. I bought them last Christmas so it was fairly recently.

I’d like to thank GMs Silpale, Xbehelit and Angoraxt. They answered my ticket within 12 hours and they were really nice and made sure I got my gems back.
If Gaile or someone from anet reads this, please pass them the feedback.

Posted by: zrein.1683

zrein.1683

How old can be the items for being refunded?

They refused to make a devolution of this items to my boyfriend

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Royal_Terrace_Pass

There Was available during Wintersday 2015 from 10 December 2015 to 17 December 2015. I’ts so recent! only a month before the new shared inventory slot.

Thank you for your help

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Isn’t it always the first slots in your inventory?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

People bought multiple convenience items so that they could be convenient because ANet chose to make inconvenient. It’s understandable that now ANet have a better way of making them convenient (still not perfect) that people are resentful of the money they spent.

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I think OP means for it to act like a page header, when you scroll down in your inventory the shared slots would remain stationary, while normal bag slots/items still scroll. Could be useful, more useful if it was an option to place it in a header or footer area.

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

With multiple items with infinite use, you can see this in two ways.

You don’t need to fill the slot with the item you have multiples of. You can use it for something else than just that item.

Or you can think inside the box only.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

Ah, the amazing world of MMOs, where developers have all the incentives to design inconveniences into the game so that they can afterwards sell “tools” to fix those inconveniences to people willing to pay the price. Funny business.

So much left that I wanted to see…

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

It’s overpriced if you only consider it an inventory slot, but that’s not how you should see it. The account inventory slot would be more accurately described as an asset multiplier.

Say you have ten characters and one copper-fed salvage-o-matic, for 700 gems you just turned that 800 gem salvage kit into 8,000 gems worth of salvage kits. A 4,000 gold permanent bank contract turns into 40,000 gold worth of bank contracts. That’s cheap for the function it performs.

No offense, but that pretty much sounds like taken from an A.Net marketing handbook word by word.
What one can compare is what 700gems is translated in €/$ and what else you get for that much gems.
700 gems is 8,75 €., which is about 20% of the game price. It’s also roughly what one has to pay for an extra character slot or an extra bank tab (+/- 100 gems), special sale prices aside.
Next thing one can look at is what kind of items can be placed in it, that offer a real QoL improvement. Here one can take all those accountbound things that have a purpose for multiple characters into consideration. E. g. all kind of boosters, buff food, gathering tools, etc.
So what did the average player who decided to indulge into a set of endless gathering tools or a stack of expensive buff food do until now? Put them in his bank and extract/withdraw them for every played character over and over again.
So unless one has an perm bank contract, 1 shared slot does pretty much nothing, even the gathering tools and buff food would eat up all 5 possible slots, so it’s just a partial QoL improvement for those without a perm bank access for an overall 2800 gems or 35 €/$.

I estimate the amount of players that your example would aply to, those who could afford multiple salvage-o-matics, multiple perm bank contracts or endless gathering tools for multiple characters being rather low, since you either need a kittenload of gold (which realisticly is only achievable for the flippers and the very few with incredible RNG luck) or an amount of €/$, which is in no relation for some cosmetic/QoL stuff compared to the overall price of a b2p game.

tl;dr: the new slots are only a real QoL improvement for those having a perm-bank-access already, for anyone else the price/benefit ratio is totally out of place and the overall usefullness is also quite limited.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

Armor and Trinket share slot plz.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

tl;dr: the new slots are only a real QoL improvement for those having a perm-bank-access already, for anyone else the price/benefit ratio is totally out of place and the overall usefullness is also quite limited.

Not true.

I would’ve bought at least one slot along with a single copper-fed salvage-o-matic even if I hadn’t had a permanent bank access express.

I never felt the salvage tool was worth it considering how often I switch characters. At less than twice its price I can have it on all my characters now, which I consider decent value for gold. (Never money.)

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

12 * 700 = 8400 gems only .. there you go.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: technophebe.7631

technophebe.7631

I think he means without the hassle of placing all your armor in the slots when you change character. Probably not going to happen!

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Shared bag slot 800 gems each. Can buy 5 max.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: NickLaBorde.2730

NickLaBorde.2730

Don’t merge this please it’s not about the slot well kinda is.

There is too much account wide stuff as it is and I think that the shared slot should be the last shared item that we have. Most high tier items are account bound already so we don’t need them account shared.

People have talked about shared trinkets and rings, even armor! That’s insanity, it removes the accomplishment from having said items on several characters.

Let’s keep items account bound, not shared, thanks.

Would take to long to list my characters

Posted by: StarDroid.1038

StarDroid.1038

I bought it, sure it was expensive, but well that is why I used my gold not money. Whats the point of gold if you don’t use it for convenience.

Its kinda annoying now that thous 5 slots are ruining my bag layout since I can’t have 10 slots per row since I prefer hide bag option..

I would like if anet gave us an option on hide bags while leaving the 5 acc bound slots above the actual bags, so I would have my 10 slots per row and 5 extra above all that.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Merge income i guess

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

What? How can you possibly have “too much account wide stuff”? That doesn’t even make sense. There is literally zero downside to making the game alt friendly.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

No offense, but that pretty much sounds like taken from an A.Net marketing handbook word by word.

Well, take it as you will, but that’s how I perceive the value of the slot. I have 18 characters, 700 gems (or rather 2800 gems for five slots) will allow me to equip all of them with a copper-fed salvage-o-matic, three infinite harvesting tools, and one extra item (maybe a royal terrace pass or airship pass if those ever go on sale again). It would have been insanely expensive and financially irresponsible for me to get a set for each character, so I’ve been satisfied just swapping it through the bank.

For a person like me, that’s a good deal. It’s not a deal I’ve bought into yet, mind you, because I’m a cheapskate and still happily swap items through the bank, but I still see value in something that potentially reduces the amount of money I would have to spend.

What one can compare is what 700gems is translated in €/$ and what else you get for that much gems.
700 gems is 8,75 €., which is about 20% of the game price. It’s also roughly what one has to pay for an extra character slot or an extra bank tab (+/- 100 gems), special sale prices aside.

I’ll agree with you there, I’ve always complained about the price of gem store items in general, where we wind up paying 1/5th or 1/6th the price of a full game for maybe 1/100th (a skin or some convenience item) of a game.

That being said, as I stated above the utility value of the slot reduces the need to buy extra copies of infinite salvage/harvesting kits and teleportation passes. On one hand it’s obviously meant to encourage people who normally wouldn’t have purchased multiple copies of said items to buy a little more, but on the other hand it discourages people from buying multiple copies of said items. The price is expensive to us relative to the price of the game, but it’s also going to be expensive to ANet due to all the lost potential sales.

Next thing one can look at is what kind of items can be placed in it, that offer a real QoL improvement. Here one can take all those accountbound things that have a purpose for multiple characters into consideration. E. g. all kind of boosters, buff food, gathering tools, etc.
So what did the average player who decided to indulge into a set of endless gathering tools or a stack of expensive buff food do until now? Put them in his bank and extract/withdraw them for every played character over and over again.
So unless one has an perm bank contract, 1 shared slot does pretty much nothing, even the gathering tools and buff food would eat up all 5 possible slots, so it’s just a partial QoL improvement for those without a perm bank access for an overall 2800 gems or 35 €/$.

Sorry, but that’s very much a non-issue to me. Price-wise it’s trivial to simply buy a stack of food/potions and just split them up between your alts, putting it in a shared inventory slot sounds like a huge waste. In my opinion the account slot is best utilized for items that are too expensive to have multiple stacks of and five slots is enough for those particular items.

I estimate the amount of players that your example would aply to, those who could afford multiple salvage-o-matics, multiple perm bank contracts or endless gathering tools for multiple characters being rather low, since you either need a kittenload of gold (which realisticly is only achievable for the flippers and the very few with incredible RNG luck) or an amount of €/$, which is in no relation for some cosmetic/QoL stuff compared to the overall price of a b2p game.

That’s the thing: the account slots appeals to people who can’t afford multiple copies of those items. Account-wide slots give you the same amount of convenience to access those items as people who spend tens of thousands of gems and/or gold for a fraction of the price (which is probably part of the reason so many people are complaining about not getting full refunds for all their “useless” extras).

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Compulsive purchases.

Btw, you should now be happy.
New players won’t have to pass what you have done.

Posted by: Char.4209

Char.4209

I bought it, sure it was expensive, but well that is why I used my gold not money. Whats the point of gold if you don’t use it for convenience.

Its kinda annoying now that thous 5 slots are ruining my bag layout since I can’t have 10 slots per row since I prefer hide bag option..

I would like if anet gave us an option on hide bags while leaving the 5 acc bound slots above the actual bags, so I would have my 10 slots per row and 5 extra above all that.

Exacty what I would wish for. I have 10 Slots/row, too
But it doesnt matter how you order your inventory. If you have an Order, it most likely ruins it.
Having the shared bags on top while hiding the bags would be the best for any order System.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Ah, the amazing world of MMOs, where developers have all the incentives to design inconveniences into the game so that they can afterwards sell “tools” to fix those inconveniences to people willing to pay the price. Funny business.

It is the business model of a F2P-MMO. That is the reason why I do not play F2P games.

But GW2 is (was) B2P and A-net did better in the past.

When they made the dye/colors accountbound and shared between all characters, the players did not have to buy a “shared color slot” and also players got a refund (could sell the duplicate colors…) for duplicate dyes/colors without having to ask for it

The more “monetizing strategies” of a F2P game are build into GW2, the more this drives me away from GW2. A sad realization.

Posted by: Skorpio.8307

Skorpio.8307

Just to add one more feedback (hope they will be useful to change things)
I really would like to see:
- more slot for each purchase (2 or 3)
- more maximum slots (probably this is not necessary with 3 slots per purchase)
- a refund, at least partial or some discount for duplicates items bought in the past (regardless the date)

Posted by: Deviane.2091

Deviane.2091

i have to say i feel like ANET its becoming more and more greedy…i have 2050 coins for like forever not expending them as they only add packs that include worthless things with a nice outfit or glider so u expend allot….and now this…i cant even…geez ARNET at least admit we deserve refunds!

i was so excited about the coming gliding on central tyria news and this just killed my happy mood

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Just to add one more feedback (hope they will be useful to change things)
I really would like to see:
- more slot for each purchase (2 or 3)
- more maximum slots (probably this is not necessary with 3 slots per purchase)
- a refund, at least partial or some discount for duplicates items bought in the past (regardless the date)

Thing is, no one that bought duplicate items before has had the functionality of those items changed. They still function exactly as they have since they were made accountbound. Everyone that had them got their use out of them, and still can use them how they always have. Expecting a refund of anything not purchased very recently is a bit ridiculous. I’m trying to decide which is moreso though, the price on the shared slots or the expectation of refunds for up to 3 year old items.

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

I wonder…if Anet had come out and said “We have this new item we want to put into the Gem store but we want you guys to talk about it first and see how powerful or not powerful it would be…and then we want your suggestions on how much it should cost” I somehow feel like some would say it would be too OP and should cost a lot of gems and then there would be those who would see its massive use and want it to be dirt cheap for selfish reasons.

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

This type of item increases in value to the user with the number of character slots they have, and how often they play various characters. I have 11 slots so it’s pretty obvious that I’d be a prime customer. Even more compelling is that I don’t have a lot of duplicate luxury items. Three copper fed salvagers is it. So even at 700 gems a pop this represents a significant QOL improvement over what was available for the money a couple of days ago. Of course it would be even better if it was less expensive, but for me this is a sweet deal.

What this also does is drastically increase the value of additional items like the airship pass (which I will likely buy when I get around to it). Prior to the introduction of this I was not considering something like this.

I hope that Anet realizes that this also makes purchase of the permanent bank access a lot more attractive and offers these through the gem store. The current Black Lion Chest supply of these is ridiculously thin, and not worth going for by purchase of BLC keys or the trading post.

If Anet is smart they will take advantage of the opportunity they created and offer the Permanent Bank Access through the gem store. It’s pretty obvious it would sell like hotcakes if the price was similar to other luxury items. It would also have IMHO a desirable effect in crashing out some speculators obviously using inside information to make a profit.