Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SirBlunticus.4258

SirBlunticus.4258

I’m scared that this addition reflects the state of the game, desperate to grab as much cash now while the ship sinks.

^This

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Let’s say you’ve had three copper-o-matics for two years. That means you got two years of convenience out of those items. So it wasn’t a waste at all; it just wasn’t as useful to you for as long as you hoped it would be. But you still got use and value out of it.

I don’t know bro. If Anet would told people in the beginning, most of people probably won’t bought it.

So I’m not sure if people get their “worth”.

I bought 9 permanent bank license, and multiple vendor/tp too. If Anet told me in the beginning I wouldn’t.

So can I use your time machine? B/c it would really help me if I could jump ahead and see what business and product decisions my bosses are making two years from now.

Really, you expected them to say “Here’s this new copper-fed-salvage-tool! Btw account slots coming in 2+ years maybe.” How would they even have known? Maybe the big bosses said NO to account slots back then. Maybe (pretty likely) the tech didn’t exist in the game to implement them properly.

Anyone might have predicted that account slots were coming eventually. But expecting a statement like that years before actual implementation is just bonkers. In what fluid, non-linear time do you live?

People must have money to throw away if they are spending 700 gems for a 1 item slot. Even in a virtual world that can not be considered value for money.

Personally, I’m an adult with a FT job and a monthly budget of $ to spend on gems. And speak for yourself on value. I never have to buy salvage kits again! There’s tremendous value for me in that alone.

Posted by: SirBlunticus.4258

SirBlunticus.4258

I really hate to say this, but this is the money gouging at its finest. This is an extremely low thing to do and shows again the true face.

Considering how bombarded players are by inventory junk by design, this is a tasteless thing to do.

They better up these to like 20 shared slots each. Not kidding either. Or 1 shared bag slot for each purchased

^Aaaaand this. Nuff said anet…

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Let’s say you’ve had three copper-o-matics for two years. That means you got two years of convenience out of those items. So it wasn’t a waste at all; it just wasn’t as useful to you for as long as you hoped it would be. But you still got use and value out of it.

I don’t know bro. If Anet would told people in the beginning, most of people probably won’t bought it.

I bought 9 permanent bank license, and multiple vendor/tp too. If Anet told me in the beginning I wouldn’t.

So can I use your time machine? B/c it would really help me if I could jump ahead and see what business and product decisions my bosses are making two years from now.

Really, you expected them to say “Here’s this new copper-fed-salvage-tool! Btw account slots coming in 2+ years maybe.” How would they even have known? Maybe the big bosses said NO to account slots back then. Maybe (pretty likely) the tech didn’t exist in the game to implement them properly.

Anyone might have predicted that account slots were coming eventually. But expecting a statement like that years before actual implementation is just bonkers. In what fluid, non-linear time do you live?

This is a weird rehash of the veteran player anger over HoT being released. I could understand being angry if you just bought multiple copper-feds or gathering tools, but if players have had these for a year or more and are complaining now it just seems so out of touch.

Also, their 9 bank tabs do not go to waste. Being able to store as many items as they can has definitive value. Pretending to undervalue what they have does not make their argument stronger.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I’m scared that this addition reflects the state of the game, desperate to grab as much cash now while the ship sinks.

^This

This just smacks of doomsaying. Why do people always find a way to jump to the conclusion that something is bad?

I really like the new slots (and yes I have multiple sets of permanent harvesting tools and salvage-o-matics). I found that taking these things off of several toons and deleting regular tools and kits from others freed up a lot of inventory.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

This is a weird rehash of the veteran player anger over HoT being released. I could understand being angry if you just bought multiple copper-feds or gathering tools, but if players have had these for a year or more and are complaining now it just seems so out of touch.

Also, their 9 bank tabs do not go to waste. Being able to store as many items as they can has definitive value. Pretending to undervalue what they have does not make their argument stronger.

How do they have value now. I can just use 1 and the other 8 have no use.

1 of it have value, the other 8 is totally useless

And I can know how poster are totally hyperbole when he keep mentioning 2 years. Anet could have some kind of refund policy, but no, they just don’t give a *.

And someone already mentioned how Anet should have resolved the issue. Check Vayne’s post on page 14.

If Anet is so unhappy about refund gem. Give people something else instead.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

I bought this thinking it was a bag and not just one slot. I am such a fool for spending an ungoldy amount for one measly slot. This is by far the biggest scam I have fallen for in this game.

How do you get the idea it is a bag slot from the description “Each character is allowed to share one non-bag item”? Unless of course you didn’t actually read the description.

It may be overpriced, but clearly it is not a scam.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

How do they have value now. I can just use 1 and the other 8 have no use.

1 of it have value, the other 8 is totally useless

And I can know how poster are totally hyperbole when he keep mentioning 2 years. Anet could have some kind of refund policy, but no, they just don’t give a *.

And someone already mentioned how Anet should have resolved the issue. Check Vayne’s post on page 14.

If Anet is so unhappy about refund gem. Give people something else instead.

Sorry, are you asking how BANK TABS have value? I personally have 6 and they are FILLED. I could very easily do with more but I was saving for the gathering tools with a gold > gem conversion (which I just did yesterday). Unless you are referring to copper-feds? My suggestion for those back on page 9 (maybe even this page) or so was to not use account-bound slots for those if you already have them for each character. Right now all 5 of my slots are filled with gathering tools and salvage kits, so I can’t put food or anything else in them. People with multiple copies of gem store items can put things like food and maintenance oils in the slots instead.

Edit: I see you said Bank Licenses, not tabs. my apologies. My point just above still stands; don’t use the account-bound slots for the bank licenses. You have the capability now to access your bank from any character AND have 5 account-bound slots. They don’t even sell the bank access stuff anymore and I’d like to have even one.

(edited by MiniEquine.6014)

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Anet seems to make decisions that are ill thought out or hurried. Expansion Slots could have been a great opportunity to foster player satisfaction and Gem Store sales.

If they had just given everyone a single slot to everyone and sold a two slot upgrade for 800 Gems (or so) and priced the multiples accordingly. Single slot expansions could have been put in the BL Chests to push key sales.

Getting push back from players on previous sales of items made redundant should have been foreseen. A standardized policy should have been in place and made public. Now it seems that when and who you talk to will net different results. The true results is unhappy customers and erosion of trust.

Can anyone explain why there should be a limit on the number of Expansion Slots?

(edited by Zet.9130)

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

I have 5 copper fed salvage and I did purchase 1 shared slot so all my characters (25) can enjoy one of them. I found the QoL and ease of use for the one copper fed well worth the price. I have submitted a refund request/support ticket for the now extra 4 copper fed as they have become redundant.

I understand Anet’s concerns about a huge influx of gems affecting the gems>gold market and while some may do that, I would just like to change my extra copper feds into the other 4 shared slots I haven’t bought yet as I have a Royal Pavilion Pass I’d like to share as well.

I would love to see some sort of system to allow us to exchange superfluous gem store items for other gem store items. I don’t want a complete refund of gems so I can exchange them for gold, I’d just like to exchange them for some other gem store item like the 4 extra slots. I envision it somewhat like the guild hall treasurer where you could deposit your extra gem store item and pick something else. The gem>cash market wouldn’t be affected and many of us who did purchase extra items would be happier. This type of system would also allow those of us who purchased a lot of the early unlimited gathering tools early on to exchange them for the newer types that have been released.

Heck I wouldn’t mind it if I could take the 4 extra copper feds and “send” 1 to each of my alt accounts (I have 3 accts) and put one there with the extra two becoming shared slots on those two accounts.

I am perfectly happy with the price of the slots, the QoL change by using one is amazing. I understand that some don’t like the price but it IS a convenience item and therefore is not needed to play the game. If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it. Some have compared this to the pricing of HoT but I see it as two separate issues as HoT was needed to play the game and therefore pricing concerns had a bit more validity versus here where it’s a true convenience item.

I haven’t mentioned extra unlimited gathering tools here or in my support/refund request because I consider having multiple sets a QoL feature as I don’t have to change them out and some are themed to specific characters (though I wish I could exchange some of the ones I have for other types of the same tool). I have 17 sets (that’s 51 unlimited tools on my main account) of unlimited tools and I am happy to have them even with the shared slot being introduced. The only concern I have is the copper fed salvage that are redundant now as every character I have can access the one in the shared slot without having to take it out of the slot like the gathering tools.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Edit: I see you said Bank Licenses, not tabs. my apologies. My point just above still stands; don’t use the account-bound slots for the bank licenses. You have the capability now to access your bank from any character AND have 5 account-bound slots. They don’t even sell the bank access stuff anymore and I’d like to have even one.

I have 60 character. Make more sense if I use 1 of the 5 slot for a permanent bank license.

As much as I like how convenient it was before. I wouldn’t bought 9 of if I knew they going to do something like this. I would just go to the bank more and pick up license and deposit the license when I want to switch character.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I have 60 character. Make more sense if I use 1 of the 5 slot for a permanent bank license.

As much as I like how convenient it was before. I wouldn’t bought 9 of if I knew they going to do something like this. I would just go to the bank more and pick up license and deposit the license when I want to switch character.

60 characters? You won’t get a rebate unless they were purchased very recently, but you deserve a monument.

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

What if I buy these account slots today and 1-2 years down the line, Anet implement something else that screws me over?

You do realize this is very similar to “What if I buy phone and camera and in 1-2 years down the line they put camera on phone so i do not need camera any more” thinking?

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Sorry if common sense sounds like Stockholm Syndrome to you though, not everyone is completely free of the horrible constraints of logic.

Hahah, so spending way more hours grinding gold than it takes to earn an equivalent amount at work is common sense? Waiting for the price to drop 20% for something that is 4 times it’s actual value is common sense? No matter how you try to spin it, the value doesn’t equal the cost. Yes, you definitely have Buyers Stockholm Syndrome.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Bought one for my [Selfless Potion]

Did not regret.

Price is high though. Worth is strongly correlated to how many things you think should fit those slots.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: whizkid.6194

whizkid.6194

If they added the ability to use the special (gem store) gathering tools from the shared inventory slots it would be perfect, as opposed to having to swap it in and out.

Posted by: Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Dilligaf Wyt.1867

Bought one for my [Selfless Potion]

Did not regret.

Price is high though. Worth is strongly correlated to how many things you think should fit those slots.

I did this too with my selfish and selfless potions and the gobbler. This was well worth the investment just for these.

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

I do not understand why many people complain. In my opinion this slot is great.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I do not understand why many people complain. In my opinion this slot is great.

Slot is great. The price isn’t.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

A ton of us have also been asking for the ability to save trait and skill templates for over 3 years. A feature that GW1 had and it was fantastic. I guess they are just trying to figure out how to monetize it.

I get ArenaNet needs to make money. I think there are ways to do that which happen to be a little more friendly to the customer that also are financially viable to the company than this is. 5 slots just ins’t enough and it’s grossly overpriced in my opinion.

This game has moved away from the “friendly to the customer” as a value proposition and into this weird mobile market style cash grab shop system. Heck, 50 dollars for the expansion and they didn’t include nearly enough armor sets to earn in game and had day 1 outfits in the cash shop.

They’ll listen if you start voting with your wallets. Until then though they’ll just fleece you for whatever they can. That didn’t use to be the case. Their actions matched up with their words. It’s too bad really.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Brigantia.5746

Brigantia.5746

700 Gems for one slot???
I´ve spent over 300 € on my GW2 Account…..Anet became too gready…
I do appreciate you have listenened to the community. However, this looks more like a punch to our faces. No more buying gems and no more supporting Anet…
You just have +1 unpleased customer ….

Yah , I agree. I spent so much with them than I would ever spend on any game and for what ? A huge slap in the face.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Hahah, so spending way more hours grinding gold than it takes to earn an equivalent amount at work is common sense?

It’s trivial to earn around 5g a day from casually playing (assuming you’re not slumming it in WvW, which has terrible rewards, or refusing to harvest anything you see). Two months of just having fun, just playing the game normally, and you’ll have 2000 gems (or at least close to it, depending on exchange rate). No grinding involved, no putting in more hours than you want into the game.

If you think that playing the game normally for two months is too much, or is less enjoyable than your work, then you’re either not enjoying the game anymore or your work is really awesome (I hope it’s the latter).

Waiting for the price to drop 20% for something that is 4 times it’s actual value is common sense?

If you don’t see the value of a 700 (or 560) gem item giving you the same benefits as buying an 800 gem item for every single character, then you’re free not to. You can see it as a 700 gem item that simply removes the minor inconvenience of swapping items through the bank. I said as much before.

Either way, it’s common sense to wait for a price drop on something you think is too expensive. It’s also common sense to simply not buy something if you don’t think the price will ever drop enough, particularly if it’s something that’s completely unnecessary.

No matter how you try to spin it, the value doesn’t equal the cost. Yes, you definitely have Buyers Stockholm Syndrome.

Tell you what, two months from now I’ll get my five account wide slots for free (mmm, all that gold from just 20 minutes of flax farming every day, love having 18 characters) and you can keep crying about how expensive it is. I will gladly accept having Stockholm Syndrome and you can accept being whiny, cheap, and impatient. Deal?

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

These slots seriously need to be movable to either the top most or bottommost row in the inventory. At the moment, hiding bags with these 5 slots at the topmost row shifts everything and makes it look unsightly.

Posted by: ex seraphex.1038

ex seraphex.1038

SO glad I read through this before making my purchase. Was about to blow 2800 until I saw that these slots aren’t for bags. $35 for 5 individual slots is crazy. Saving my money.

Liberate Te Ex Ignavium

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

I do not understand,nor i ever will this overhyped gem store item.

All you got,is account bound,and can be shared to all chars via bank.

I would understand if salvage kit,gathering tools,and all u need was char bound.

Is it really problem enter pvp lobby to put salvage kit into bank.

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Werdx.2059

If you don’t see the value of a 700 (or 560) gem item giving you the same benefits as buying an 800 gem item for every single character

Dear Pandaman.4758

Why would i buy multiple salvage kits or gathering tools for (lets say i have 10 chars),when everything can be shared via bank?

Oh,i see it now!Revelation!

Guild Wars 2 is serious business.Enter pvp lobby" is out of question.No time for joking around with sharing things via bank.No time for that kind of stuff,there’s Raids and Jumping Puzzle’s to be done.

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Werdx.2059

For people like me who have salvage-o-matics for each of their characters, is there any chance we should have the cost of our salvage-o-matics refunded when we purchase account-wide inventory slots? The inventory slots kinda make multiple salvage-o-matics a waste.

Enlighten us,what do you mean “for people like me”

Is it really hard to transfer acc bound items via bank?Are you too busy playing game,and have so so so many things to do once you log in,you can’t even find 20 sec to spare,for salvage kit bank transfer?

People have right to do with their gold as they please,but what kittenes me off is laziness.This topic is undeniable proof how many lazy people is out there.

If you find,sharing salvage kit via bank to other chars,is waste of time,then no wonder,everyone complains how hard is to get legendary item.

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Posted by: Demandred.7930

Demandred.7930

My 2 cents Gaile? I don’t see any use for a single item slot. I’d like to use it to switch ascended gear between characters. To get any comfort out of this, I would at least need 6 shared slots, and preferably a lot more so I can switch weapons too.

Posted by: SuinegTsol.1729

SuinegTsol.1729

I like those slots but got two concerns about it.
first, its gread for utility gadgets like salvage stuff, but useless in case of armor and stuff like that. using ascended armor as accound bound would be great to be able to use those slots to share it within your characters without the need of banking all day long. This meens you need at least 6 slots + a few for food + some for weapons, so sth like a 20 slot shared bag. (but pls not for 20kgems!)
second, the slots appear on the top of your inventory. here i’d wish some more customisation. Perfect would be to place each slot where you want it but at least placement like with regular bags would be nice.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

700 Gems for one slot???
I´ve spent over 300 € on my GW2 Account…..Anet became too gready…
I do appreciate you have listenened to the community. However, this looks more like a punch to our faces. No more buying gems and no more supporting Anet…
You just have +1 unpleased customer ….

Yah , I agree. I spent so much with them than I would ever spend on any game and for what ? A huge slap in the face.

How do people miss that this thing is a multiplier.

It’s not one slot for 700 gems. It’s one slot on every single char you have. if you have 5 chars it’s 5 slots. If you have one of each profession, it’s 9 slots. Stick an item like a copper fed salvage kit in there and suddenly your one copper fed is 5 copperfeds or 9, all the way up to the max number of character slots the game allows. Do that and you’ll never have to buy salvage kits again. It’s a wonderful convenience item and cheap for the price.

I have 14 characters and one copperfed salvage kit. For 700 gems I get 14 slots and 13 free copper feds. I also got an additional 14 slots because I deleted 14 basic salvage kits, one on each character. So for that 700 gems I end up with 28 slots as well as 13 more copper feds.

By Ogden’s Hammer. What savings!

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: deadrazer.4035

deadrazer.4035

Things change ….people
Change can make people feel bad but if this was years ago people would have jumped and danced like manics ..

But i would like Arena Net to deal with stuff like this a little better …
There is no need to make people feel sad if you ease the pain a little …

Empathy is the key to people’s hearts and …wallets …

So my suggestion to show your good will .
Give everyone who bought more than of those special items a free bag for that item !
See it as an investment AN ..create more opportunities for future sales …
You can play hardball but that is short time profit

Why struggle for one carrot when you can have the whole farm ?

Good will makes people happy and happy people will show it with spending more .
True you can not make everyone happy but the majority of GW2 players will be happy if you reach out with a little good will

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

If you don’t see the value of a 700 (or 560) gem item giving you the same benefits as buying an 800 gem item for every single character

Dear Pandaman.4758

Why would i buy multiple salvage kits or gathering tools for (lets say i have 10 chars),when everything can be shared via bank?

Oh,i see it now!Revelation!

Guild Wars 2 is serious business.Enter pvp lobby" is out of question.No time for joking around with sharing things via bank.No time for that kind of stuff,there’s Raids and Jumping Puzzle’s to be done.

I’m confused, did you have a stroke whilst in the middle of reading my post and miss everything else after it or just have poor reading comprehension?

If you don’t see the value of a 700 (or 560) gem item giving you the same benefits as buying an 800 gem item for every single character, then you’re free not to. You can see it as a 700 gem item that simply removes the minor inconvenience of swapping items through the bank. I said as much before.

Let’s review:

• I didn’t say anyone has to buy multiple kits or tools.
  • I didn’t say people can’t swap items through the bank.
  • I said that it has amazing value for people who do want multiple kits and tools.
  • I said that swapping items through the bank is a minor inconvenience, which should have implied that I recognize why people wouldn’t see value in the slot if they thought like that.
  • I didn’t say anyone has to buy the slots.

Does that make things any clearer to you?

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

Imo, every 700 gems of account wide slot should have added 5 or 10 shared spaces. The current design makes permanent bank access items overly valued while not having it makes the slots overly expensive.
I understand having a perma salvage kit in an account wide slot has a lot of value but think about it this way, for example I have 20 characters right now. That is 20 characters with food/potions/vanity items/HoT container keys etc etc. Having access to 5 slots total for a price of 2800 gems while having so much stuff to share between characters is just poorly thought out.

This entire thing is far less a QoL aimed to players than that it’s a money grab for Anet.
In total I’ve bought the base game, 1x 1600 gems and $100,- expansion and it’s just not happening anymore, this game just isn’t worth the rl money spend on it, just no.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

For people like me who have salvage-o-matics for each of their characters, is there any chance we should have the cost of our salvage-o-matics refunded when we purchase account-wide inventory slots? The inventory slots kinda make multiple salvage-o-matics a waste.

Enlighten us,what do you mean “for people like me”

Is it really hard to transfer acc bound items via bank?Are you too busy playing game,and have so so so many things to do once you log in,you can’t even find 20 sec to spare,for salvage kit bank transfer?

People have right to do with their gold as they please,but what kittenes me off is laziness.This topic is undeniable proof how many lazy people is out there.

If you find,sharing salvage kit via bank to other chars,is waste of time,then no wonder,everyone complains how hard is to get legendary item.

What kittens me off is people who expect everyone else to live up to some kind of nonsensical arbitrary standards that they happen to have adopted for reasons I don’t even care to know.

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Typical anet. Create a really useful item for sale in the gem store, and then make it so overpriced that no one buys it.

Osu

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

^This

They are certainly very greedy these days.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

- price too high, 700g for one shared item is too much
- I feel bad for people whom bought multiple kits or tools, this invalidates their purchase
and they should get a refund option upon purchasing the extra slot

banished from time and space

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

If Anet reduces the gems price for the new slots, lets say, to 350 gems each almost everyone will get them and ANet will make much more money.

700 gems per slot is just a slap in the face of loyal costumers.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: Bolita.2071

Bolita.2071

TL;DR – Thanks, Anet! Love the slots, but they feel quite overpriced; I’d be willing to buy even more if they were ever expanded, but only at a price structure closer to 250 each, or 5 for 1000.

I randomly read here and there through the thread, so apologies if what I say is a rehash. I just wanted to give feedback.

First things first, I am really loving the shared inventory slots. I actually wish I had MORE than 5 slots to also include boosters, shovels, and HoT keys, or WvW items, and other things that are a pain to swap around. Like so many other posters, I have many copper feds and a whole tool shed of forever tools, but I see that as freeing slots up for other things since my characters won’t need to share those. If I’d bought them all very recently, then perhaps I would request a refund, but I’ve had them for a while, and that’s the way life goes sometimes.

I balk at the price, though. It felt overpriced for what it was. Fairer pricing structure for me would have been more like 250 gems per, or 5 for a thousand gems. If shared inventory were to expand to more slots, I would happily pay that to buy a whole bag’s worth.

I’m not shaking the “Anet’s greedy!” pitchfork, because running a business costs what it costs; without subscription fees, they still have to raise the money to pay 300+ salaries and benefits (I’d hope), hire artistic talent (professional voice actors, composers, full orchestras, etc.), pay lease and utilities on the facilities, cover maintenance costs, and all those other pesky costs of actually running a company, all the way down to paper towels and stirrers for coffee. Whether they have their own servers or hire enough for the millions of accounts, nobody is charitably giving them anything. It all costs real world cash, which we even still have the option of not having to pay by exchanging gold for gems, even if the exchange rate is not favorable.

Just my perspective. Thank you again, Anet! I really love the addition.

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

-
- I feel bad for people whom bought multiple kits or tools, this invalidates their purchase
and they …

By that logic even Guild Halls invalidate their purchase.

Think of if like this.
1. Option: You have 1 tool. You unequip it. Press G. Enter Guild Hall, run to scribe workstation, drop tool in bank. After you exit Guild Hall, you are at the same location where you were before entering Guild Hall. Then you log to your next character. Enter Guild Hall, run to workstation and get the tool. Exit Guild Hall.
2. Option: You have 1 tool and 1 slot: You unequip tool and put it in shared slot(or bank via shared slot). You log in to next character. Equip tool.
3. Option: You have 2 tools. You log out from one character and log in to next.

You see how 3. Option gives more QoL than 1. and 2. one?

Now option 4 could be where one has both multiple tools and shared slot. You keep one tool for your most played character and switch second one among other characters via shared tool. More QoL than 3. Option.

Multiple tools still give more QoL than having single one.

Not to mention all the gold people with multiple tools have saved until now, unlike people who have to buy tools from NPC’s every time they spend the stacks they have on them.

700 gems per slot is just a slap in the face of loyal costumers.

Everyone keeps saying “slap in the face”. This is not slap in the face. It is far from it.

Slap in the face would be if they would lower the price for tools from 1000 gems to 50 gems.

Yes, price is to high. This is QoL item. It is not necessary item. We could live without it for three year. We can live without it still. No one is forcing us to buy it by any mean.

Also this item will drop in price in some time in some way. See all the bundles on gem shop now. See all the sales we have recently.

Is it expensive? YES. Is it slap in the face? NO! Save that expression for something that really has that hard of an impact.

Posted by: PulsarianDevil.8125

PulsarianDevil.8125

These shared slots are expensive and definitely are a slap in the face. Let’s call a spade a spade. What players really need is additional bag space (additional bag slots for more 20 slot bags)— and less junk items — there could be a separate inventory for green,blue,white items so that they don’t clutter up the actual inventory so often.

The other clear slap in the face for players is the gem→gold and gold→gem conversion rates. Absolutely absurd, imo.

Honestly I’d rather this game be $15/month and have access to everything — but I’m guessing anet makes a lot more money with their cash shop.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Hahah, so spending way more hours grinding gold than it takes to earn an equivalent amount at work is common sense?

It’s trivial to earn around 5g a day from casually playing (assuming you’re not slumming it in WvW, which has terrible rewards, or refusing to harvest anything you see). Two months of just having fun, just playing the game normally, and you’ll have 2000 gems (or at least close to it, depending on exchange rate). No grinding involved, no putting in more hours than you want into the game.

If you think that playing the game normally for two months is too much, or is less enjoyable than your work, then you’re either not enjoying the game anymore or your work is really awesome (I hope it’s the latter).

Waiting for the price to drop 20% for something that is 4 times it’s actual value is common sense?

Either way, it’s common sense to wait for a price drop on something you think is too expensive. It’s also common sense to simply not buy something if you don’t think the price will ever drop enough, particularly if it’s something that’s completely unnecessary.

No matter how you try to spin it, the value doesn’t equal the cost. Yes, you definitely have Buyers Stockholm Syndrome.

Tell you what, two months from now I’ll get my five account wide slots for free (mmm, all that gold from just 20 minutes of flax farming every day, love having 18 characters) and you can keep crying about how expensive it is. I will gladly accept having Stockholm Syndrome and you can accept being whiny, cheap, and impatient. Deal?

This made me laugh. You’re going to spend 30 minutes a day for two months (you’re not able to log in 18 toons and pick up flax and sell it in 20 minutes – the flax point does move a bit) just to earn $35. That’s around $1 an hour. What a waste of a life that sounds like- although I admire your dedication. And your flax price seems high- 3 per toon= 54 per day, you saying 5g a day, flax = 9.5 to 10 silver each?

Compared to the price of entire games, these slots are expensive- basically about the same price as the expansion should have been.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: KellyCDB.7138

KellyCDB.7138

I would like to see the price be a little less, but more importantly, I would like to be able to get more than 5! Even if I had to spend another $35, i’d get another 5 in a heartbeat.

Posted by: Sonoris.2301

Sonoris.2301

I’m sure this has been said somewhere in the 15 pages I’m not reading through, but PLEASE let us put the shared slots wherever we want in our inventory (for example, the LAST five instead of the FIRST).

It REALLY messes with my bag system, and how I’ve played games for years, otherwise.

Just let us drag it like a bag.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would like to see the price be a little less, but more importantly, I would like to be able to get more than 5! Even if I had to spend another $35, i’d get another 5 in a heartbeat.

^

I’d like 5 more also. I wanted one more to put my Royal Terrace pass and I’m sure I could find some sort of use for 4 more slots.

These things are great. Combined with a gem store item and they are incredibly useful.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: TRix.4927

TRix.4927

And again: I am also a victim of the new Funktion!

I am lost 49.400 Gems and 12.350 Gold !

Don’t believe? Look here:
https://plus.google.com/113989437187011644636/posts/Gz6ThMPxJjQ

Is this fair? Is this was ArenaNet do for customers?

Add a fair compensation for the Players!

Posted by: Phibes.4128

Phibes.4128

Next we’ll probably see account-shared bags of all sizes ranging in price from exorbitant to astronomical…..

I would like to see a buy-back feature in the gem store so we can return the items that are clearly obsoleted by new items. Extra salvage-o-matics fall into this category. If I could return them to the gem store, even at a reasonable loss of say 20%, that would be a good idea.

(edited by Phibes.4128)

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Next we’ll probably see account-shared bags of all sizes ranging in price from exorbitant to astronomical…..

I would like to see a buy-back feature in the gem store so we can return the items that are clearly obsoleted by new items. Extra salvage-o-matics fall into this category. If I could return them to the gem store, even at a reasonable loss of say 20%, that would be a good idea.

Actually what they could just do is give a vendor Gold value to all BLTP Items that are not locked into the wallet. Say the current gold value of about 80% of what the gems were worth on the date you bought said item.

This way, if you bought an item 2-3 years ago and yes you did you get your value for it, you are not completely out of the gold/gems for it.

I do not feel sorry for the players that bought more then 1 of each of the unlimited use items and now are mad cause of the account inventory slots. That is just complete entitlement. It would be no different then buying a 1080P TV 3 years ago and expecting to be able to return it because you just bought a brand new 4k TV. Its nothing less then entitlement.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Moreh.6385

Moreh.6385

This is a fantastic idea. Costs way too much though.

Posted by: Horastie.2856

Horastie.2856

really Anet !! so disappointing ,, I really thought it was extra bag ,, as in slot to put a bag in it and we would have 20 shared slot !! ,, and i was willing to buy 2 .. but in this stupid case ,, no way :\ ,, we really didn’t expect such thing from u . u wouldnt lose anything buy making it 1 bag , or at least 5 slots in stead of 1 ,, and 700 gems what are u thinking ?! .. it’s not even worth 100 gems if it’s 1 slot .. really bad broken item ur offering here ,, plz fix it ,, we really cant believe ur doing this to us :\ .