Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

You people keep talking 3 years. People could bought a permanent license 1 day before the patch and Anet wont’ refund it. And Anet probably only refund other gem store item if it is only 1 month old.

Do you guys expect your hardware to get outdated? I’m sure you do.

How many people really see it coming on the shared bag? A few maybe. Most didn’t, that’s why they bought it.

One day, I agree with you, that should be refunded.

I did see it coming. I just didn’t think it would take this long… (or the price, I agree with the rest of you, it was too steep, but I still bought one…)

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

The price is too high and what bothers me most is that it is a substantial QoL that dropped a couple months after the expansion came out. It is very suspicious timing in my book and just another way to squeeze dollars out of their player base but I expected this kind of thing once I saw C.Cox associated with the game.
They need to take a step back on their whole pricing structure, some of the things lately cost more than a monthly subscription to online games which just seems a tad out of whack.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

I posted on this earlier, but after doing some math, pro-con stats, etc…I decided to get 2 shared slots. I still believe 700 gems is a little much up front, however the long term savings outweighs up front costs.

I have noticed a lot of people are upset about these slots because some time ago they purchased a CF Salvage or SF Salvage for each character, multiple copies of permanent harvesting tools, or other items. Many are demanding refunds and are angry when they are denied. Such reminds me of other games I’ve played, most recently would be Everquest 2. Pre-F2P EQ2 had released a F2P beta~ish server, Freeport. I spent money on unlocking classes and races. After F2P took off, the restrictions lifted and all classes and races, except the newest elite ones, became available. I asked for a refund but had this explained: If you start playing a game at the beginning and buy every expansion that is launched you would not get a refund simply because someone years later bought the latest edition that included all of the previous expansions for less than what you’ve paid over the years.

Such is true with this. The ‘give-me give-me’ mindset is extremely volatile, and only brings about negativity in the long run. Okay, so you have more than 1 of a permanent item…use the slots (if you buy them) for something else. I use mine for map items (crowbars, exalted keys, chak gunk, machetes, bandit keys, etc). This saves time in the long run, having them in a central location to use as I swap toons while playing.

If anything I wish they’d increase the limit from 5 to 10, or at least 8.

TLDR:
If you chose to by an item before this was in game, that was your choice. No one made you do it. You are not entitled to a refund just because a new mechanic is launched. If you want to buy these slots, buy them…if not, don’t.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: Char.4209

Char.4209

A few years ago, I bought a printer. It meant that I didn’t have to go to copyshops anymore! Two years later I bought a new PC. Which didn’t have a printer port anymore.
Would you have expected a refund for that printer? It became useless even though it still worked perfectly.

Unless your Printer is Account Bound you can always sell it on Ebay. That’s what we can’t. Gem Shop Items that became useless, are unsellable und not recycleable.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

I’m still happy with my slots and I hope we will be allowed to buy more than the 5 we can use now. And I won’t complain if we than get a bargain if we buy 10 at once (since I already bought some I wont get that deal) simply because I buy stuff on the moment its useful to me, no matter if other deals later may profide a better opportunity. Same for my duplicate home stones. Too bad, they served me well, but this bag slot is an improvement and thats the only thing that counts.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Please…..

• People complaining that they bought 4-5 salvage kit and such things in the past. Why would you get a refund or something? You chosed to do so. The game is evolving, live with it. It is your own mistake, if you didn’t want to move those items from character to character.

Respect yourself please, complaining is good, but being immature is an other thing

It is a “mistake” for people to buy multiple gem store item.

Ok I get it now. Thanks for telling people they are stupid to have bought it in the first place.

They aren’t saying you made a mistake or you are stupid. At the time, the only option was to buy multiple copies or transfer to your bank between uses or not buy it at all. Either the tech or the resources or the idea weren’t there for shared slots so, despite that, you and others made the decision to buy multiples.

That’s not a bad thing. Hopefully you got plenty of use out of them and the convenience/time saved by not having to constantly deposit them to your bank to withdraw them on other characters. Some math people have done show that you could save multiple hours of playtime by having multiple copies.

Now it’s different though, but now is not then. Neither you nor Anet knew about these shared slots until recently. If you had bought multiple copies after Anet planned/announced the introduction of these slots then I am 100% with you for refunds (like what they did for HoT). If you bought them prior to this though, you accepted the deal they had at the time. Coupons, deals, offers, rebates; none of these are required to be retroactive. To expect them to be retroactive is unreasonable and sometimes impossible.

I don’t think you can talk on other people’s behalf.

But I think you must be a happy person, because you think everyone is so nice and no one is evil.

I’m not talking on their behalf. You put words in their mouth and I corrected you. You are once again building a Strawman, except now it’s against me.

Would you kindly not distort my views? Thanks.

Even if I don’t talk about Anet, the guy before me clearly says people made mistake buying those item.

I’m mostly not even talking about refund. I’m just saying the way Anet do business is a bit shady. In fact almost all cash shop games are a bit shady.

Does it ever occur to you everything might just be a business decision? I’m not sure if I get the wrong impression, you seemed to think Anet is very innocent in this situation.

Posted by: laceylush.8916

laceylush.8916

• People complaining that they bought 4-5 salvage kit and such things in the past. Why would you get a refund or something? You chosed to do so. The game is evolving, live with it. It is your own mistake, if you didn’t want to move those items from character to character.

People who recently bought multiples of Royal Terrace Passes / Salvage-O-Matics should receive a refund. But I do agree that if these items were purchased “ages” ago, they would no longer qualify for a refund as their owners would’ve had sufficient time to derive full (or at least decent) use out of them. The game is always evolving with new items being introduced, therefore it’s unreasonable to impose the expectation of being compensated for every time a newly introduced item reduces / decimates the value of existing items that were released well in the past.

Going slightly off tangent and following up on the “used printer” example. I used an ISP which charged $70 / month for 50 gigs. 2 years later, they made major technical upgrades and lowered their monthly fee to $50 / month for 100 gigs in a campaign to attract more customers. I called them up and requested the package (& price) all new customers are receiving (which they obliged), as I believed I was entitled to. However, what I’m NOT entitled to was a refund of the difference for the 2 years I was paying a higher price for, which I didn’t even bother asking for. It’s not like the ISP company anticipated to lower the monthly cost years later while setting the original price years prior. I believe this bears some similarities to this situation with the excess Royal Terrace Passes / Salvage-O-Matics.

I do feel for people who have excess Royal Terrace Passes / Salvage-O-Matics. And as much as I also hate seeing my excess Royal Terrace Passes / Salvage-O-Matics sitting in bank now collecting dust, we did agree in kind to purchase multiples at the time as that was the only option available, and sought the convenience of having these items on numerous characters. Yes, it would be nice for Anet to give partial refund to all players in this situation, like getting something back for selling a used printer on eBay. But from a business perspective, they are certainly not obliged to do so.

[Azure] ~ Darkhaven

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Even if I don’t talk about Anet, the guy before me clearly says people made mistake buying those item.

I’m mostly not even talking about refund. I’m just saying the way Anet do business is a bit shady. In fact almost all cash shop games are a bit shady.

Does it ever occur to you everything might just be a business decision? I’m not sure if I get the wrong impression, you seemed to think Anet is very innocent in this situation.

Welcome to the world of retail. It can be a pretty cynical business.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

laokoko.7403

Going slightly off tangent and following up on the “used printer” example. I used an ISP which charged $70 / month for 50 gigs. 2 years later, they made major technical upgrades and lowered their monthly fee to $50 / month for 100 gigs in a campaign to attract more customers. I called them up and requested the package (& price) all new customers are receiving (which they obliged), as I believed I was entitled to. However, what I’m NOT entitled to was a refund of the difference for the 2 years I was paying a higher price for, which I didn’t even bother asking for. It’s not like the ISP company anticipated to lower the monthly cost years later while setting the original price years prior. I believe this bears some similarities to this situation with the excess Royal Terrace Passes / Salvage-O-Matics.

Right. So how does your ISP have anything to do with this topic?

People are trying to make totally unrelated topic related. Even if your ISP bear some similarities to this situation, it is definitely not the same.

And only 1 person in this post makes a good example. If you read it, it is a few post above related to EQ2.

And the point is not the refund. The point is people are making Anet sound very innocent. You do realize if I’m a NCSoft stock holder, I’ll probably want to throw egg at the CEO. I’m just saying people are overly biased trying to say people or company are good or bad.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: cadmiumgreen.8712

cadmiumgreen.8712

The ‘give-me give-me’ mindset is extremely volatile, and only brings about negativity in the long run.

I don’t need to think ‘give-me give-me’. Only ‘a single inventory slot for sale for $8.50’.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

What is the point of having these threads?

When was the last time ANet changed the cash shop because they feel the cash shop item was too unfair?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

When was the last time ANet changed the cash shop because they feel the cash shop item was too unfair?

I can only really think of one other time in regards to an item being “unfair”; Silver-fed Salvage-o-Matic. It was changed from 1 silver per use to something like 60 copper per use.

However, it wasn’t so much that it was “unfair”, but because ‘the community’ pointed out to them how …eh… improperly its cost per use was configured at release when compared to other available and comparable items.

No idea why it retained the “Silver-fed” name, considering it is not fed silver any longer. The “-fed” part of the name should have been removed from both the copper and silver items so the names would instead reflect the quality/stats of the salvage tool and not what it costs to use.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

Yes, it would be nice for Anet to give partial refund to all players in this situation, like getting something back for selling a used printer on eBay. But from a business perspective, they are certainly not obliged to do so.

Interesting point. When you buy a printer or similar item you have a physical thing that you can resell or gift when you are done. The account bound nature of these Gem Strore items precludes that. Here you are buying stuff that has zero resale potential.

Something to keep in mind when evaluating potential future purchases. The apparently perpetual utility can turn out to be an illusion.

laokoko.7403

Pre-F2P EQ2 had released a F2P beta~ish server, Freeport. I spent money on unlocking classes and races. After F2P took off, the restrictions lifted and all classes and races, except the newest elite ones, became available. I asked for a refund but had this explained: If you start playing a game at the beginning and buy every expansion that is launched you would not get a refund simply because someone years later bought the latest edition that included all of the previous expansions for less than what you’ve paid over the years.

I actually expect that to happen, because that’s how founders work.

People been making many analogies but they forgot the main difference. Some of it are what people expected, some not necessary.

I don’t know how the topic are even related. Just because people expect latest expansions to be bundled at cheaper price, don’t mean people expect they should pay to beta test.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

laceylush.8916

Interesting point. When you buy a printer or similar item you have a physical thing that you can resell or gift when you are done. The account bound nature of these Gem Strore items precludes that. Here you are buying stuff that has zero resale potential.

That’s true. These items cannot be resold, and it would entirely be up to Anet of whether to provide a refund or not out of courtesy, and not obligation.

The “printer” analogy wasn’t mine, it was mentioned in this post:

A few years ago, I bought a printer. It meant that I didn’t have to go to copyshops anymore! Two years later I bought a new PC. Which didn’t have a printer port anymore.
Would you have expected a refund for that printer? It became useless even though it still worked perfectly.

Unless your Printer is Account Bound you can always sell it on Ebay. That’s what we can’t. Gem Shop Items that became useless, are unsellable und not recycleable.

[Azure] ~ Darkhaven

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

I had purchased a second salvage-o-matic a month or two ago, because the process of swapping out gear every time I change characters gets so tedious.. I would log in to my main character and be in the middle of something before I would realize that I forgot to swap his salvage-o-matic, among other things, back when I last logged out. This happened one too many times and I just bought a second one so one could stay on my main at all times. So imagine my thoughts when I saw that shared inventory slots where now available.

I was a little aggravated that I had made a purchase that was basically pointless now.

I came on the forums to vent my frustration and in the process read that Anet was offering refunds on some recent purchases, on an individual basis and depending on circumstances. I was a pleasantly surprised.

I quickly sent a support ticket even though I was thinking 30 days was probably the cut off and I was a little beyond that, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Well today, to my surprise I received an email informing me that I had been issued a full refund for the purchase price of the salvage-o-matic!

I just wanted to take a moment and leave a comment and tell everyone how cool I think it was of Anet to offer refunds on some of the more recent purchases, because, after all, it was/is really cool of them.

I added some extra gems to those refunded and bought 3 shared slots, put my perm TP, Merchant and Bank Access agents in them and I am LOVING it, what a HUGE quality of life improvement.

This makes it so much easier for me to play different characters without a bunch of tedious gear swapping that I will definitely be playing my alts a LOT more.

Thanks Anet for making shared slots available, and for being more then fair in terms of refunds on recent purchases that became unnecessary.

The slots are a little pricey, but the impact they have on accounts with lots of alts is tremendous.

Posted by: dbill.7483

dbill.7483

just an FYI….

I bought the shared inventory slot when released and after reading the forums and found that my “extra” tools and salvage-o-matics were not consider refundable (due to age) I went a different route – I asked for a refund of the Shared Inventory Slot. I owned the slot for less than 24 hours when I submitted the request but was denied the refund since I had installed it.

Buyer beware I guess (see below)

“Heya again,

I apologize that I misunderstood your request at first. Normally, we would refund your gems for the items that you purchased within 24 hours. However, since you used the Shared Inventory Slots, we regret that we are unable to offer you a refund. We are unable to remove inventory slots from your account.

Regards,

GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel"

Tootsie Popa | level 80 Guardian/Dragonhunter
[ODIN] [roam] Tarnished Coast
“The average player believes they are better than the average player”.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

5 DAY USE FEEDBACK:

I am having a blast using this item(s) over the course of it’s release – merch, perm trading post, perm air-ship pass, mystic forge conduit & soon-to-be bank express(s) replaced with the perm banker one…

• In my initial statement regarding feedback about this item(s) I will reiterate that the 5 slot cap should be increased; I am sure many others agree having siege blueprints in particular, food, traps etc are items that should be accessible on the whim account-wide thus I press for the cap to be increased to around 18-20 slots. This would be fantastic seeing as I personally play a number of toons in WvW – having all your blueprints in extra shared inventory slots would make for a great QoL feature.

TLDR: Please increase the number of slots we can buy – it has potential to be an even better QoL product by doing so!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

just an FYI….

I bought the shared inventory slot when released and after reading the forums and found that my “extra” tools and salvage-o-matics were not consider refundable (due to age) I went a different route – I asked for a refund of the Shared Inventory Slot. I owned the slot for less than 24 hours when I submitted the request but was denied the refund since I had installed it.

“Heya again,

I apologize that I misunderstood your request at first. Normally, we would refund your gems for the items that you purchased within 24 hours. However, since you used the Shared Inventory Slots, we regret that we are unable to offer you a refund. We are unable to remove inventory slots from your account.

Regards,

There isn’t any choice about installing them. You buy, they show up instantly in inventory, de facto already “used.” But I think maybe what Zippy meant was that the code does not exist to undo a permanent alteration like that. Just look at how long it took them to find a way to strip out the HoM titles people earned from a bug.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

just an FYI….

“Heya again,

Regards,

There isn’t any choice about installing them. You buy, they show up instantly in inventory, de facto already "used." But I think maybe what Zippy meant was that the code does not exist to undo a permanent alteration like that. Just look at how long it took them to find a way to strip out the HoM titles people earned from a bug.

Maybe just with the single purchase ones? Mine didn’t show up already used, but I bought the set of 5. That one came as a container. I had to click on it 5 times to get 5 slots.

However I think you’re right about the inability to remove some things. They aren’t able to remove items from the wardrobe either, when someone buys a gemstore skin/outfit and then wants a refund.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

What he did is called an analogy. The ISP does not have to do anything with this topic, nor is it supposed to have. A lot of people seem to have extreme difficulties grasping what an analogy is and just do not understand such posts. I assure you, his post was well thought out and is absolutely plausible. You just fail to understand.

Do you know the saying “Do not shoot the messenger?”. Do you understand it? This saying in itself is an analogy. You say this, when you bring bad news which make another person angry, and that person (usually involuntarily) turns his anger against you. Your reaction is like asking “What the hell are you talking about, I am not shooting anyone! Why do you bring up murder? What does shooting someone have to do with anything?”.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

(edited by Shikigami.4013)

Posted by: ravenoak.2459

ravenoak.2459

price range felt high but considering how high Quality of life upgrade these are it was actually okey. please add more of these, max 5 feels kinda low count :S

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

We’ve coalescing feedback, comments, and questions about the new Shared Inventory Slots, as released in today’s game update. This will allow the team to better review your input and to answer questions, as well.

With this thread, we all can view dev and player comments about the situation.

17 pages worth of comments with just 3 Dev comments and that includes the opening statement above. The Dev comments are all in the first few pages too. Give it up people, this is another abandoned thread. It was merged only to stop complaints about the new cash grab storage slots from filling the front page.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: Wiz.1543

Wiz.1543

I am pretty happy with convenience and pricing.

1. The item makes me want to play my alts more. All my permanent contracts, copper salvage kit, and terrace pass can now be used by everybody.
  2. Because I can now easier play with my alts, the game. Now I am more inclined in gearing them up full ascended as well.

At first the pricing looked a bit steep and scratched my head, but making inventory management on all alts so much easier is definitely worth it.

Posted by: Yol.1685

Yol.1685

I remember when they released the flaming armour skins (I forget the name…), and the light skin was based on the tier 3 human racial armour. We kicked up enough fuss that they had to change the skin to a flaming version of the feathered crafting skin. Maybe not directly analogous here, but there is a precedent for Anet changing the gem store stuff if the player base is vocal enough.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

$8.50 is not reasonable when you consider the cost of developing this and frankly it just showcases the greed this company has because they know it’s a QoL that many people would want and could have easily included it into the expansion pack. Expect more of the same in the future based on how many people paid the price without question.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Kryd.6257

Kryd.6257

A rip off, to the point that you presenting such an offer and posting this thread feels insulting…

As the person above me stated. Your company policy when it comes to the management of your cash shop has become quite disreputable over the years. The prices you ask are already way overboard compared to what is offered. Quite the reputation you are making for yourselves.

Ivory tower?

(edited by Kryd.6257)

laokoko.7403

What he did is called an analogy. The ISP does not have to do anything with this topic, nor is it supposed to have. A lot of people seem to have extreme difficulties grasping what an analogy is and just do not understand such posts. I assure you, his post was well thought out and is absolutely plausible. You just fail to understand.

The analogies in this post try to give people the idea since “A” is general accepted, people should accept “B” too.

But people forget just because A & B are similar to an extend. They also share differences. And “B” may not be general accepted just because “A” is.

Posted by: foxof.8752

foxof.8752

why not a 2000 gems for in-game bank access > capable to load other character’s bags and equipments to organize items would be best, why do the cumbersome shared slots, its only get max 5 slots and you will still have forgot to swap out many of the needed items at sometimes.

Posted by: Harbinger.5129

Harbinger.5129

I like it. Have purchased 1 slot only for my Silver-fed, but the price is too high in my opinion. It should be around 400 ~ 500 gems each slot.

Posted by: Dumat.1479

Dumat.1479

All I want to write here that I think price is ok and I want more shared inventory slots! Plz ArenaNet, add more, add at least 5 more I will buy it as soon as it will appear in gem store.

(edited by Dumat.1479)

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Price is far too high. 100 gems for one slot is my personal max. But they will never change the price to a realistic level.

The most annoying thing is, that they didn’t want to change the shopitems accountwide. And now … surprise … there is another item for this feature … but it cost another 10 € … nice

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

laceylush.8916

Thanks, I appreciate your explanation & defense. I read everyone’s analogies (such as the “used printer”, “sound card” and “EQ2”) prior to my initial post and found them all to be relevant to the point(s) they were trying to make. The “EQ2” example was especially a good read.

Just a general statement and this goes without saying, but people may find some ideas relevant and some ideas not so relevant based on differences of experience & opinion. Such ideas in question can either be met with a compelling & well-constructed rebuttal, or simply be ignored, but certainly should not be subjected to any one person’s abrupt and unsubstantiated grading.

Anyways, getting back on topic!

$8.50 is not reasonable when you consider the cost of developing this and frankly it just showcases the greed this company has because they know it’s a QoL that many people would want and could have easily included it into the expansion pack. Expect more of the same in the future based on how many people paid the price without question.

I find the Shared Inventory Slots extremely useful and have no second thoughts buying them, but I agree that the way this product was implemented does indeed highlight the greediness of the company. A lot of people I know bought it (coz of its usefulness) but are definitely not “happy customers”, calling it “shameless money-grubbing.” Just speculating here, but IMO I think they didn’t introduce the Shared Inventory Slots as the usual 20-slot bag unlock because that would equate to charging $140 (11200 gems) in one go and might actually start a riot. It’s a shame because this item was long awaited and had the potential to bring smiles all round across the GW2 community, instead of leaving many dissatisfied, outraged and arguing among each other.

[Azure] ~ Darkhaven

(edited by laceylush.8916)

Posted by: Zanderoth.8632

Zanderoth.8632

Personally i think that the idea itself is great – it’ s the first time i see something like this on an MMo…

Lord of the Rings Online has had shared storage for a long time. In LoTRO I currently have it maxed out with 220 shared slots. The best part is it didn’t cost any real money, since LoTRO uses something called Turbine Points to buy shared slots, and you get those points free by completing stuff in the game.

At 700 gems / slot in this game and the cost of gems being so high (in money or trading for gold), I think the marketing people must think we are morons.

Posted by: Revel Fallonia.4270

Revel Fallonia.4270

For those of use that now have unused items we bought such as extra salvage kits etc. I’d like to propose a black lion trader that exchanges black lion keys for your old gem store stuff. Maybe 1 key per 100 gems or some such.

Mainly, like so many others, I don’t just want to destroy them, but at the same time there isn’t much reason to keep them any more. I know a lot of people still won’t be happy but I feel this idea is about as good as we are likely to get, and depending on the number of keys it wouldn’t be to bad. The stuff wouldn’t be cluttering our inventory and we wouldn’t feel like we were throwing away money by destroying them.

Just a thought.

Posted by: Tierce.5370

Tierce.5370

I haven’t played for about a month, what with being busy over the holidays. I logged in today to do a few Fractals and found out about this.

GREAT concept, but pricey. I would personally like to see a shared slot sold at about 300 gems, and if there must be a maximum number that can be purchased, then 20 would be it. That would equal one max capacity shared inventory bag for 6000 gems (USD $75).

This is because I’ve got all those various keys and crowbars and salvage kits and consumables and boosters and tonics and ascended items on and on that I’d like to have accessible to all my characters.

Anyway, I’ll probably still buy at least one slot for my copper-fed salvage-o-matic, regardless…

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This update was not aimed for meant for anyone who has played longer than 6 months, its 100% aimed at new players,

Older players already probably have more than 1 set of copper fed and silver fed kits, along with more than 1 set of the axe/pick/scythe in which case this update is completely useless to us,

However if you are a newer player whom does not have these things yet your laughing, you can get the shared slots, buy each of the other items and share them across your account, without losing all the extra gems from buying more than 1 set etc.

Don’t get me wrong its nice they put it in, but it was asked for 2 1/2 years ago when the rest of us could have used it, and taken full advantage of it, lesson learned though, no more gems for me.

The refund policy they put out also according to reddit seems to be within 30 days, anything over that and you’ve had fair use on the item.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

And that is the key point to all defending analogies. QoL items shouldn’t be subject to being outdated and if not refunded, they can only be destroyed.

As for the feedback on the topic, after 8 days my support ticket was answered (great response time, really) and as expected I was declined a refund. I’ll accept that, but I’ll also refrain from spending real money on the gem store in the future.
I already stopped spending money for the most part after around the middle of LS S01 because I felt the devs didn’t know what their game was supposed to be. I caved at times and last when it came to the HoT Ultimate Edition, riding the hype train and the announced anniversary sale (which turned out to be underwhelming to say the least, but you gotta flush those gems out of the economy with impulse buys, I get it) but that was probably the last time I spent real money on this game.

So take this as feedback, I am quite disappointed with the current business model and monetization methods.

Posted by: NosShark.9732

NosShark.9732

Honestly, when I first heard of the Shared Inventory Slot, I was excited, but after doing the research about it, I found myself to be very disappointed in what I found.

Firstly, just having it one slot, and not a full bag slot, as many I am sure have assumed, as did I, was a big let down. I was honestly hoping I would be able to share my consumables between my characters, which turned out not to be so.

Secondly, the cost is way high for just one slot, and yes, I know we get a break if we buy more than one, but still, in all honesty, it isn’t worth it.

To be honest guys, it should be a special bag slot, 20 slot invisible bag, with the ability to share all consumables between characters. Account bound consumables, as well as food and utility type consumables. Most all players use one or more bags just for carrying what they consume daily, and having to use the bank constantly just to swap items between characters does tend to be a bit tedious. Having a bag that is set for the entire account would be better, once purchased it is on all characters. It would hold everything from buffs to primers, food to utilities, shovels to acid, etc… Many of us bounce around the map many times during a gaming session, and to be able to have what we need when we need it would make things alot better.

Lets talk costs. I know that the one slot is 700 gems, but honestly I would be more inclined to by a bag slot for 2500, over buying a single slot for 700. I have spoken to many players outside of game and we all agree we would jump on a bag slot over a single slot in a heart beat.

Please understand though that this is personal opinion, mine and many others as well. We are just giving it as an idea, nothing more.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There isn’t any choice about installing them. You buy, they show up instantly in inventory, de facto already "used." But I think maybe what Zippy meant was that the code does not exist to undo a permanent alteration like that. Just look at how long it took them to find a way to strip out the HoM titles people earned from a bug.

Maybe just with the single purchase ones? Mine didn’t show up already used, but I bought the set of 5. That one came as a container. I had to click on it 5 times to get 5 slots.

However I think you’re right about the inability to remove some things. They aren’t able to remove items from the wardrobe either, when someone buys a gemstore skin/outfit and then wants a refund.

I think I may have misremembered, in that case. I also bought them as a set. I may have just giddily clicked them into existence so fast I forgot that part of the interface. Sorry if I misstated how they work.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

And don’t be a hypocrite, you’re the one who started throwing around “Stockholm Syndrome” at anyone who doesn’t share your opinion.

I “throw around” Buyers Stockholm Syndrome when people rationalize purchases that are obviously overpriced. But that might be hard for you to grasp if you keep trying to rationalize everything. Most people know that this feature is super expensive.

Again, this is not a cash-only store. You can mitigate or completely eliminate the cost with the gold you get from playing, which means, to quote: “You can actually PLAY to get them!”

Since everything needs to be spelled out for you (even though I did explain this previously) The time spent getting it & the repetitive grind are even more time consuming than my work hours which already aren’t worth it. Yes, I can technically get anything in the gem store with gold, but pretending that there is no unreasonable rate or method at which to attain these things is just another rationalization.

You’re right, I consider trying to dismiss people’s opinions as a mental disorder worse than questioning the integrity of your character (not once did I say you weren’t entitled to your opinion, I’ll note, I just tried to get you to see how people do see value in it and aren’t “trolling”). I dunno, maybe you just don’t get that. Maybe you’re the kind of person who thoughtlessly throws out snide remarks and honestly gets hurt and surprised when the favor’s returned.

Post-purchase rationalization is not a mental disorder(at least not how you are implying) it’s a cognitive bias. Everyone does it at some point. You are simply rationalizing your purchase & telling other they can’t “see” the value to make yourself feel good about it. Calling people whiny, cheap, and impatient when they haven’t displayed anything of those traits is not only a falsehood, but a personal insult. You don’t like that people are pointing out the poor use of money so you’re attacking them.

Just because they like it doesn’t justify you accusing them of having a mental disorder, similarly just because you don’t like it doesn’t make you whiny, cheap, and impatient; demanding that ANet change its pricing, refusing to accept there’s an alternative to mitigate/elminate the cost, and insulting people who don’t share your opinion does make you that, however.

Criticizing “playing” the game repetitively for 4 months with many extra payed character slots for a minor convince is is neither whiny, cheap, nor impatient. As I first said, you can enjoy your Cognitive Bias (is that better?) but don’t tell other they should suffer from it.

It’s also perfectly valid that people see the slots as a way to multiply the value of other gemstore items across all their characters, which makes it an excellent value to them at the current price.

Is it? What makes it so valid? If people convinced Anet to give more value for their money, the only thing you’d suffer from is having more money or more value. People aren’t asking for it to necessarily to be free, but for it to not be a rip off. I think $10 – $20 for a shared bag slot is more than enough. especially after a small $50 expansion that obviously had rewards moved to the gemstore.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

700 gems for a shared bag slot, on top of current 8 max.

Do it A-net!~ Go Go Go!

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Posted by: midnight tea.3681

midnight tea.3681

The point of the shared slot is not necessarily to have a shared inventory between all your characters. That reduces how meaningful even having individual inventories is. It’s one of those immersion things you won’t know you missed until it’s gone. What players really want (or even demand) isn’t always what is best for their experience. See also: how flying ruined World of Warcraft.

The single shared slot I think is best used for items that are super useful for all your characters. Stuff like the airship pass, or salvage-o-matic, or silly things like the bobblehead lab. It’s not meant to be like a portable bank slot.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I “throw around” Buyers Stockholm Syndrome when people rationalize purchases that are obviously overpriced. But that might be hard for you to grasp if you keep trying to rationalize everything. Most people know that this feature is super expensive.

Define expensive.

It’s a lot of money, I agree. But I’ve no idea if it’s expensive or not, considering I don’t know the cost to make, implement and maintain it.

I pay 700 gems, once, for an item that I will be able to use the rest of my gaming days in GW2 (presuming they won’t do a repeat of the SAB coin), for all of my characters. Every new character that I’ll get will also be able to make use of that item. With extra character I have, the value of the item will go up (for me). Considering I have 30 characters, I’d have had to buy 1 1/2 bag slots for the same amount of space…

Posted by: Zoda Slayer.4176

Zoda Slayer.4176

Unsatisfied customers leads to a dwindling player base which means less money to be made then you have a co-worker complaining about not getting his raise next to you working in support which makes an unhappy co-worker that passes that unhappiness back through his job making more unhappy customers. Keep repeating the cycle you’re doing great anet.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Initially had a wall o’ text reply, but on second thought I highly doubt you’ll do anything but "tl;dr’ it (especially since by this point I’ll just be repeating myself), so:

You’re right, I consider trying to dismiss people’s opinions as a mental disorder worse than questioning the integrity of your character (not once did I say you weren’t entitled to your opinion, I’ll note, I just tried to get you to see how people do see value in it and aren’t “trolling”). I dunno, maybe you just don’t get that. Maybe you’re the kind of person who thoughtlessly throws out snide remarks and honestly gets hurt and surprised when the favor’s returned.

Post-purchase rationalization is not a mental disorder(at least not how you are implying) it’s a cognitive bias.

Are you serious? “Stockholm Syndrome” is categorized as a psychological disorder. Absolutely nowhere in this world is it considered a “cognitive bias”, except perhaps the space immediately surrounding you. That’s as dumb as trying to claim PTSD is a “cognitive bias”.

You didn’t start out saying “oh, people are only justifying their purchases”, you opened with “maybe people are trolling”, then openly questioned the mental state of anyone who didn’t share your opinion. If you can’t understand what’s wrong about that, then I see why you can’t understand anything else.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

price range felt high but considering how high Quality of life upgrade these are it was actually okey. please add more of these, max 5 feels kinda low count :S

More coming probably in few months when most people are recovered from such high price.
Who knows, maybe they had 20 for 10k gems in mind at first, but 100 euro for 1 inventory bag probably seemed too high to put down at once, even to them.

Posted by: halfsquelch.3465

halfsquelch.3465

First, everyone needs to stop complaining about the price of the shared inventory slots. Think of it this way, a copper-fed salvate-o-matic is 800 gems x9 for all my toons is 7200 gems. A single shared inventory slot + a salvage-o-matic is 1500 gems so right there I am saving 5700 gems. If you really don’t want to front 700 to 2800 gems for something this useful then don’t buy them and just keep playing the game as you were.

Second, a question for Anet, now that we have shared inventory slots what am I supposed to do with the other 3 of the 4 salvage-o-matics I have? Can you either refund them now that they are useless or at least make them not account bound so I can mail them to friends?

Third, would it be possible to lock the shared slots at the top of the inventory so when I scroll down through the rest of my bags those slots are always showing on top? Kinda like in excel when you freeze the top row of a sheet.

Sea of Sorrows – FIST

(edited by halfsquelch.3465)

Posted by: laucupan.2054

laucupan.2054

so after like a week.. the riot settle down.n i stil think its not enough chaos to make them do something about it. price for 1 shared slot is too expensive for me.

1 original bag slot that u can use for 20slot bag is 400 gem+ +-10g.n 1 bank tab that u can access with ur other char that has 30slot is 600gem.

why not make 1 shared bag slot for 1000gem? i think that is more reasonable.they can choose how many bag slot they want to use in that shared bag slot.

@halfsquelch the logic in that is kindda flawed.if u have 1 cfsm the value is 1. u cant multiply it to how many toon u have if u have a shared slot. because u can also put the cfsm in ur bank to be access by all ur toon.

shared slot is like a an improve version of a bank tab.u can access bank tab with all ur other toon right? but with the shared slot u can access it otg n not having to visit racial city.

so please.. make the price n feature more reasonable.

1 shared bag slot for 1000gem…

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

First, everyone needs to stop complaining about the price of the shared inventory slots. Think of it this way, a copper-fed salvate-o-matic is 800 gems x9 for all my toons is 7200 gems. A single shared inventory slot + a salvage-o-matic is 1500 gems so right there I am saving 5700 gems. If you really don’t want to front 700 to 2800 gems for something this useful then don’t buy them and just keep playing the game as you were.

Second, a question for Anet, now that we have shared inventory slots what am I supposed to do with the other 3 of the 4 salvage-o-matics I have? Can you either refund them now that they are useless or at least make them not account bound so I can mail them to friends?

Third, would it be possible to lock the shared slots at the top of the inventory so when I scroll down through the rest of my bags those slots are always showing on top? Kinda like in excel when you freeze the top row of a sheet.

1. If they lower price on the shared slot, no one will lose anything, Anet would have to give a refund (unless they wait months to do so, then they are under no obligation to do so). I, and many, wanted this very kind of feature, but at the price, to be a bit blunt, I know where it can be shoved. Because of the price, I will stick to moving things via scribing table in guild hall for no additional cost. I’d personally like to have 4 slots, possibly up to 7, but at 2800+ gem cost? no way. For the same reason I think 2k for an outfit package is overpriced, especially if only want the outfit or the glider with neither available separately but that’s a different rant, just like disgust at what was done to WvW is a different rant but I digress, again. It’s overpriced in general, and the only savings really are for those that already had, or could easily get, a permanent bank contract, or those that intended to buy tools/salvage for every character. Then yes, it is a savings.
  2. Nope, not happening unless you bought them like last week. This has been stated countless times by multiple devs and players posting about their responses. It has even been stated by the CS lead.
  3. who knows maybe that could come with them allowing it to be moved around, but locking it in place would probably be more work than just allowing it to be moved. Regardless that’s all UI work required, so perhaps.