Shattered Achievement Nearly Impossible

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

I have been playing since day one, and still can’t get this achievement. I try every single time I fight this boss, but no luck.

I’ve tried guesting, playing off peak hours, and just about every skill I have.

First, I’m probably doing it wrong.
Second, half the time I don’t see crystals
Third, I’m not even sure what counts when I do it it (damage, or killing blow)

I hate this achievement and I wish they would adjust it somehow.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Got this achievement, and would have gotten it multiple times if it was possible… I don’t get the issue. Just pay attention and you’ll get the chance to.

If you really are having those many issues guest in a low population server by odd hours. Tada.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Got this achievement, and would have gotten it multiple times if it was possible… I don’t get the issue. Just pay attention and you’ll get the chance to.

If you really are having those many issues guest in a low population server by odd hours. Tada.

Didn’t know I’d have to give up my normal daily routine (work/chores) so I could get up in middle of night to maybe MAYBE possibly if I get lucky score this achievement.

It’s harder than intended. I don’t get what’s so hard to understand about that.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Chopps.5047

Also, just to add, there are no NA low pop servers. Especially when you have ghe event API gw2stuff.commthese events are always swarming with guests.

Proxy, have you tried since achievements gave rewards? Do you have any clue how many people are trying to “go to low pop server and spam aoe”???

It needs a fix, stop standing up for broken content. So many apologists around here.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Also, just to add, there are no NA low pop servers. Especially when you have ghe event API gw2stuff.commthese events are always swarming with guests.

Proxy, have you tried since achievements gave rewards? Do you have any clue how many people are trying to “go to low pop server and spam aoe”???

It needs a fix, stop standing up for broken content. So many apologists around here.

It isnt broken lol, you will get it eventually.
Pd: last week i saw the boss at top hour, was with my engi doing that area, entered the fight and got one cristal lol.

Because is difficult (it take time in this case) it doesnt mean is broken or its not planificated.

Chopps.5047

Finally one more thing: if you already have this achievement, get off this thread. ANET fixing it for the rest of us affects you in no way.

Chopps.5047

Pd: last week i saw the boss at top hour, was with my engi doing that area, entered the fight and got one cristal lol.

Because is difficult (it take time in this case) it doesnt mean is broken or its not planificated.

If I can’t do it with ranger in a few dozen tries then it’s broken IMHO. I have exactly zero crystals so far. Yes I stand in front of paw when he raises it, one time I messed up and got too close and ended up getting crystalized.

Are you EU or NA? Because NA is always slammed, every server, every time I play. Why does an achievement have to depend on guesting to a low pop server in middle of NA night. Why is it so hard to ask for a health buff for the crystals?

For the love of god, everything else in pve has 100k health or more. Giant awful health pools. But the crystals? Nope! They have 1 health point.

(edited by Chopps.5047)

Chopps.5047

Yeah stuff like this makes me really dislike this game and community. /end thread

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

If I can’t do it with ranger in a few dozen tries then it’s broken IMHO. I have exactly zero crystals so far. Yes I stand in front of paw when he raises it, one time I messed up and got too close and ended up getting crystalized.

Are you EU or NA? Because NA is always slammed, every server, every time I play. Why does an achievement have to depend on guesting to a low pop server in middle of NA night. Why is it so hard to ask for a health buff for the crystals?

For the love of god, everything else in pve has 100k health or more. Giant awful health pools. But the crystals? Nope! They have 1 health point.

NA, actually the 1 health point make it think it was plannificated: example if it has 3000k and somone can take it in one hit he will hit without waiting “right time”, if hes a low level that is leveling in the zone and saw an incredible dragon (that nearly doesnt move lol) tried to kill it and want the achivment, he needs to wait for the “right moment” to get the cristal “kill” or atak several times hoping he is in the “right moment”.
Btw if someone dont get cristalized theres not achivment, so if someone dont mess up like you did, is probably imposible to get it!, of course it happens, but its rare and thats the point lol, its not like people actually ask for it lol

(edited by Lucius.2140)

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Didn’t know I’d have to give up my normal daily routine (work/chores) so I could get up in middle of night to maybe MAYBE possibly if I get lucky score this achievement.

You don’t. I didn’t and I got it easily. I’m just giving you some tips on how to make it easier since you’re clearly having issues with it. Again, it’s quite easy for me, but if it isn’t for you you have ways of improving your chances.

It’s harder than intended. I don’t get what’s so hard to understand about that.

How do you know what’s intended? Hint: You don’t. You’re just spouting BS to make your lack of argument sound more important.

It’s clearly not that difficult to everyone , so maybe the problem lies in you?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Finally one more thing: if you already have this achievement, get off this thread. ANET fixing it for the rest of us affects you in no way.

How about no. This isn’t “post only if you agree with the OP” forum. It’s the Guild Wars 2 Discussion forum. Meaning we can post in any thread we want to. You know, to discuss stuff?

Besides that if you want to report a bug this isn’t the section to do it in.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

To get this achievement now, you either need to get lucky or…

Get the entire zerg to agree to not use blinds (though someone will probably do it on purpose). When the shatterer lifts its arm in the air, it’s beginning to cast the crystal ability, which takes around 3 seconds. If the shatterer is blinded during this time, nothing will happen. If the shatter is not blinded, a few people will be selected and turned into crystals. Usually, it’s all the people standing on the foot. This is where you want an instant cast AoE.

Since someone is always using a blind, this ability rarely goes off. I only see it go off maybe once a week. The achievement is both easy and impossible. It only takes 1 person to keep it from happening.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Guest to a low pop server. Trust me you will enjoy the event more and get your achievement. I guested to a low pop and did Jormag the other day; with 10 people it was actually a bit of a challenge.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I still haven’t nabbed this one. I don’t even have any idea where the crystals are supposed to spawn, since they never even appear on screen, so it’s not even a crap shoot for me. Instead of having more than 5, they could just make them take more than one hit, like the OTHER crystals he spawns. This achievement is stupid as it stands.

Guest to something like anvil rock, I used to solo shatter often on that server. Plenty of chances to hit crystals. After you do it, be grateful how well time coverage your server is.

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

I got it on my second ever Shatterer event. Didnt even think I would. Maybe use a class that hits alot of targets. I was using my necro with a staff.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I think what would help is some Shattiquette.

If all players agreed that if you already have the achievement, you try to stay away from the crystals, everyone else would eventually get theirs.

It is what I do, but I think many players just hit everything (whether they have the achievement or not) because it is less effort than stopping your attacks for a minute.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Perhaps now is the time to try for this achievement again if you don’t have it.

While in Frostgorge earlier today map chat was filled with comments about not having enough people to do Jormag because everyone is at the Crown Pavilion. This was on a SoR, which has a large population.

So you might not even need to guest to a low pop server if you take advantage of the LS pulling everyone to DR.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Yeah stuff like this makes me really dislike this game and community. /end thread

I have to say, your solopsism regarding other people´s points and you delusion of grandeur telling other people where to post and where not probably do not make you a particular favorite of said community yourself.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think they should simply boost the health on those crystals, so more people can hit them, and give the Shatterer a massive aoe attack that also turns the whole backline into crystals.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s still quite easy to do with a staff ele – just spam aoe’s at the shatterer’s right front foot and you will get at least one crystal every fight

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I think they should simply boost the health on those crystals, so more people can hit them, and give the Shatterer a massive aoe attack that also turns the whole backline into crystals.

But would that help? As far as I understand, you have to be the one to deliver the killing blow, not just tag the crystal… or is that wrong? Then giving them more help would do absolutely nothing for the achievements.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

But would that help? As far as I understand, you have to be the one to deliver the killing blow, not just tag the crystal… or is that wrong? Then giving them more health would do absolutely nothing for the achievements.

If they have more health, you’d be able to spot the crystal and attack them for starters. Currently they are gone as soon as they appear. I’m not sure if you have to be the one dealing the killing blow to them, because currently there’s not really a difference between hitting them, and killing them (since they break in an instant).

Also, if the Shatterer would be able to hit the back line as well, there would be more crystals to attack.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

Not to be a Necromancer – I’m a Warrior! – but I think this should be looked at with the introduction of the Megaserver. If it was impossible before, it’s double impossible now.

I vote for the “crystals have actual hitpoints” solution, so they stick around for 5-10 seconds and you get credit by dealing damage.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

I have to agree that this achievement is very difficult. I’m not going to argue it’s possibility because obviously people have done it. I think its difficulty can be agreed though. I admit, I do not have the achievement, and It is the only boss achievement I do not have. I have never seen a crystal. EVER. I somehow got 1? But I’m not sure how or when. I don’t know if this is a thing to be looked into, or just something that requires more skill than I have. I just wanted to point out that I sympathize with those who do not have the achievement and agree wholeheartedly that this is a difficult achievement and does not need the “this is really not that hard. I got it in one try” kind of comments. Seeing those I think: great. Congratz. How does this help me? It just makes the people who do not have the achievement re-evaluate their skill as a player, and make them feel pretty upset. So with this in mind, I hope if someone does have the achievement done, they could actually help these people who don’t with some constructive comments on not just “change your server” or “do it late at night”. Is there a class that works best? I think I read Ele was a good one to use. I’ll try that out. Thanks if you read my comment, I appreciate that.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I got the achievement around launch, without even intending to.. And I know good and well if I hadn’t gotten it then, I probably never would have.

If it helps, I was being a kinda oblivious engineer and just flamethrowering and grenading everything around me, which was around the Shatterer’s hands and in the general area in front of him. When he lifts his hand to cast, start hurling aoes at and in front of his hands, so long as there are players there.

I can see this being a disaster with megaservers, though. Good luck.

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

I haven’t done the “kittener” in several months, I’m not sure if the mega server has affected the difficulty of the achievement. My general suggestion is use an AoE weapon and try to hit the crystals that are in the back so they don’t break instantly from other peoples aoe. I did it on a thief, I think staff guard would be the best.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Posted by: UncrushablePigeon.8760

UncrushablePigeon.8760

Yeah I’ve been trying for a while now, it’s still nearly impossible, especially with the megaserver.

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Yeah I’ve been trying for a while now, it’s still nearly impossible, especially with the megaserver.

Attachments:

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

How about the achievement where you have to complete all 5 pres for Jormag? Anyone have tips on finding an empty overflow? I tried to at least tag them and failed severely, because 2 of them spawn close to two different wps and you’ll use up too much time wping, but running won’t work either.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Scrapped? No.

Fixed.

Way more players should get encased. At least 50% of them. And those encased in crystal should get a skill to struggle to escape so they can do something if no one is around to help them.

Same for CoE’s encasing, and the elementalist Bow 5’s encasing.

All should get a skill to struggle to escape that destroys the encasing object.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

How about the achievement where you have to complete all 5 pres for Jormag? Anyone have tips on finding an empty overflow? I tried to at least tag them and failed severely, because 2 of them spawn close to two different wps and you’ll use up too much time wping, but running won’t work either.

There is no achievement for doing all five pre-events for the Claw of Jormag.

You’re probably getting that confused with the achievement for doing the entire ‘Breaking the Ice’ meta-event chain in the southern part of the zone. There is an achievement for doing all five events for that chain.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

There is no achievement for doing all five pre-events for the Claw of Jormag.

You’re probably getting that confused with the achievement for doing the entire ‘Breaking the Ice’ meta-event chain in the southern part of the zone. There is an achievement for doing all five events for that chain.

aren’t those two the same?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Breaking the Ice is the Coiled Watch chain.

The Claw of Jormag achievement is standing at the wrong spot when he lands (so he crashes you)

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Myeh.

The Shatterer should just encase everyone on the safe spot every so often. Plenty of crystals then.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

The best thing to get the Shatterer achievement is to go a bit late to it. That way you’ll get put in a lower population instance,and the AoE will not smash them so quick.

Over the last few months, even in heavy pop maps, I’ve seen the crystals sit there for a while. But definately easier on a low pop map.

I have been playing for just over a year and only got it a few months back. They should just make it so you only need to tag them, and maybe give them a bit more hit points. It’s a fussy achievement.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

It does also help if no one is Blinding Shatterer. When Shatterer is affected by Blind, the spell to encase people in crystals will miss.

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

Finally, after all these years, I completed it!