Should max stat gear be easy to be obtained?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Yes!

It’s what I loved about GW, no worrying about stats just focus on playing the game.

They really lost the magic from GW1. Low level cap, no stat gear grind, cooperative team play & different builds. Now it’s just one big hamster wheel to grind out the newest stat gear. No thanks, keep your game. I am done.

Posted by: Necrolust.6358

Necrolust.6358

Let them leave. Plenty of non-MMOs make money with players who finish the game and stop playing till the next DLC/title in the series comes out. With no subscription fee, why can’t GW2 do the same ?

And the thing is they’re probably going to leave soon anyway when the next mmo arrives.

of course they are, and their arguement will be “no raids?!?! Rofl everybody knows mmo’s have raids!!”

Dissident Aggressors [DA] @ SFR

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There should be games catering to both options. In the game i want to play? Definitely – i now want to play for fun, my times of grinding and hard work just to be able to have fun are long over. I don’t want to return to this anymore. I already have one work, and i don’t need a second one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Liquid.5961

Liquid.5961

Yes and no. People who play more SHOULD have the advantage. It’s silly to think any other way. But getting good gear so everyone can do content is also nice. But MAX stat gear easily obtainable for everyone? No. Maybe a 5% or 10% difference for gear that actually takes time to get.

Posted by: Meret.5943

Meret.5943

Yes!

It’s what I loved about GW, no worrying about stats just focus on playing the game.

They really lost the magic from GW1. Low level cap, no stat gear grind, cooperative team play & different builds. Now it’s just one big hamster wheel to grind out the newest stat gear. No thanks, keep your game. I am done.

Not to sound melodramatic, but it’s pretty sad, isn’t it? For all the innovations GW2 has made, personally I don’t like it over GW1. I loved having multiple build templates and multiple gear sets.

Posted by: deborah.2068

deborah.2068

I looked forward to trying a new game and for the first few months it was very entertaining and enjoyable you saw people out running around the different areas doing different things even with the dungeons available at that time but since this last dungeon hit every one has flocked to the dungeon to grind out the new gear leaving most places deserted…. the new map ( which i had looked forward to exploring while some did the new dungeon) is a waste and if it really is just the new experience of the dungeon how would you feel after spending weeks on end grinding out this gear and then anet put out recipes for crafters to make the new gear or karma vendors where you could buy it…. this was after all suppossed to be a game where gear was accessible to all players regardless of their prefrence of play so have fun grinding the gear as fast as you can excluding people cuz you feel they will hold you back but remember something…… one day that person might be the one you need help from

(edited by deborah.2068)

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Yes, like GW1. Are they easy? NO, ANET, NO!

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Darth Sandwich.6938

Darth Sandwich.6938

Yes… I want the casual game I was promised!

Posted by: DegoLocc.5976

DegoLocc.5976

Yes, they should be hard to obtain, and no, simple cosmetic character progression is not enough to hold me as an endgame player.

Posted by: Krael.3476

Krael.3476

yes, let the looks make de difference but the stats should not be hard to get at all. Imo the gear is already easy to get but it does involve grinding that could be reduced, I think that by the time you hit 80 and finnish your personal story you should have enough karma to get a set, or at least most of it, in my case I barely had enough to get 1 piece, but I don’t know how would it be now with the daily rewards and all… still, ANET should stay closer to their gw1 fans (Last MMO I played is WoW) I love gw2 for a ton of reasons, if i still felt like grinding my days off (and had the time to) I would look for a different game, hear out your long time fans they are the ones entitled to complain imo, and the rest of us new to the game franchise will have to learn to love the game for what it is, not what some of us might want it to be.

Keep up the good work ANET, but do not try to cater the needs of the new fans whenever that means compromising the loyalty of your longtime followers. there are plenty of carrots to follow on other games

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

In the end, people will show elitism when forming pugs.

If high gear is hard to obtain, people will end up having to grind alone until they can get into a team.

That is bad. So getting max gear with relative ease is way better.

To show off you can always use visuals, they can still be hard to get and be rewarded for completing hard things.

Gear and levels should be a gentle slope so people don’t rush to the end. Not a wall you have to climb after reaching a point.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: scinder.8315

scinder.8315

Don’t see the real issues that people are complaining about, to be honest.

Exotic gear is very easy to obtain and yet you don’t need it to be successful.

Been told by a friend that I am not doing myself justice by not getting the best exotic gear I can get.
This was a month ago not after this patch. People have this mentality and have always had it.
It isn’t anything new.

Gear grind complaints after this patch? Seriously? People have been ‘grinding’ in this game since the beginning.
What exactly do you call running the same events over and over and over for loot, gold, karma..

I played GW 1 for a while and i’ve played GW 2 for a while. I much prefer the latter.

Oh and this is a very casual game. I can do whatever I want, whenever I want.
Don’t like what other are asking for? Arrange something yourself. Its not hard.

DegoLocc.5976

Don’t see the real issues that people are complaining about, to be honest.

Exotic gear is very easy to obtain and yet you don’t need it to be successful.

Been told by a friend that I am not doing myself justice by not getting the best exotic gear I can get.
This was a month ago not after this patch. People have this mentality and have always had it.
It isn’t anything new.

Gear grind complaints after this patch? Seriously? People have been ‘grinding’ in this game since the beginning.
What exactly do you call running the same events over and over and over for loot, gold, karma..

I played GW 1 for a while and i’ve played GW 2 for a while. I much prefer the latter.

Oh and this is a very casual game. I can do whatever I want, whenever I want.
Don’t like what other are asking for? Arrange something yourself. Its not hard.

Yes, correct, ppl forget two things. GW1 was NOT an MMO.

GW2 however is.

Posted by: Wolfend.5287

Wolfend.5287

Yeah in gw2, once the shine wears off a bit, you really notice how gear focused the entire game really is, even pre lost shore. very stat heavy game, rather than skill heavy adventuring of gw1. Shame gw1 will never have a true successor, but good that WoW does, or a successor wannabe.

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

Gear = time spent.
Gear =/= talent. Gear =/= skill.

In order to have a level playing field for players from “24/7 no sleep” to “a few hours a week”, gear should not be a factor in success.

Would you play chess if the other guy got three queens, simply because he’d been playing longer? (Some of you are probably saying ‘Yes, I love a challenge!’. Somehow I doubt you’d play that way for very long)

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Posted by: jamasont.4653

jamasont.4653

The whole reason most of us are here playing this game is because it was supposed to NOT be a gear treadmill. I’ll stick around a little to see how things go but one foots out the door with the ascended gear intro. Just have no interest in that sort of game hence why I quit WoW years ago.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

After doing fractals 3 times I could make my ascended item.
But then I play quite a bit, even though I just got the ascended item because the backpiece is simply awesome in looks and is slightly lore related.

As for the whole stat progression, I believe in no stats at all for a game. The world itself should be nice to play in. But as I see GW2, it’s not enough of a world to cater that playstyle. So there’s some progression in the form of stat increase which should make it more like a story. where the highest stats are at the end of the story and the lowest at the start.

However, this degenerates the world as such. And ArenaNet already tried to bandage that by making low-level areas drop MORE loot appropriate for your level, by level scaling (though not fully scaled, tiers in gear matter alot), By making champions and veterans drop better loot more often (I have yet to see the effects of this tbh). However, like with a book, you’re not gonna flip back a few pages and play in lower level areas (at least not that often).

The world is in low level areas is just as empty as in any other MMO. Okay, maybe it’s a bit less. But I feel they need to add less endgame content and make progression so that gear is area independent. No matter where you play you should have the same amount of rewards as playing anywhere else. Why not scale people down properly AND make the rewards for your level. That way you can literally play anywhere, the loot you get is appropriate for your progression, the more you progress, the more locations you can play at.

That way it would also be easier to introduce some progression at lower levels. (let’s say north of brisban wildlands.) without completely messing up area to area progression. Storyline from start could branch into that zone as equally from the start as from the ones that already killed a dragon. (GW1 storyline progression between the three games, anyone?)

So.. yeah. Stats don’t really matter too much to me.

So.. yeah. Stats don’t really matter too much to me.I suppose the way i put it it will be harder for people to progress their crafting material collection for earlier crafting materials. That’s where a good system could be put in where you can make lower level crafting from higher tiered crafting materials. Instead of the way it’s going now where you can make higher crafting materials from lower. It’s basically the same really.

Ugh.. wow I have a bunch of weird ideas looking back at what I wrote. It would be a completely different game. (plus it brings about its own problems as I see many already :p)

Ugh.. wow I have a bunch of weird ideas looking back at what I wrote. It would be a completely different game. (plus it brings about its own problems as I see many already :p)

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Wolfend.5287

Wolfend.5287

The whole reason most of us are here playing this game is because it was supposed to NOT be a gear treadmill. I’ll stick around a little to see how things go but one foots out the door with the ascended gear intro. Just have no interest in that sort of game hence why I quit WoW years ago.

Yeah, gonna head back to AoC, since the grind for gear is not half so bad, the environments more immersive, and the game overall a whole lot sexier.

Posted by: Reonhato.5914

Reonhato.5914

Gear = time spent.

In order to have a level playing field for players from “24/7 no sleep” to “a few hours a week”, gear should not be a factor in success.

Would you play chess if the other guy got three queens, simply because he’d been playing longer? (Some of you are probably saying ‘Yes, I love a challenge!’. Somehow I doubt you’d play that way for very long)

If you want a level playing field go play Spvp.

The fact is that even without a gear difference someone who plays 4 hours a day is most likely going to be much better than someone who plays 1 hour a day.

Players need things to aim for and some players like those things to be stats and I can guarantee you that far more people will aim for the armor with an extra +5 stats and keep playing than the number of people who will leave simply because of the items presence.

The amount of players who will exclude someone because of a marginal stat difference is a tiny tiny fraction of the player base and is certainly worth ignoring in exchange for the amount of players having something bigger and better to aim for will keep playing. You may not like it but you are a minority, most people do not care if someone in WvW has 1% more stats because they play 10 hours a day, to most people what others have is not important, it is what they have and if they do not have something to aim for then they will not play.

If this game was based around PvP, if WvW was the ultimate driving force in this game then you may have an argument for having the highest stat items easy to obtain, but that is not the case, the driving force is PvE.

(edited by Reonhato.5914)

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

My warrior is my third 80, the moment it hit 80 I had a full set of exotic armor and weapons with green accessories, within 5 hours of it hitting 80 I was bored of it… if the gear is too easy to get then it just means that people like me will be bored that much quicker.

As a side note, I’m not interested in getting any form of ascended gear because it require me to run fractals… and I hate running dungeons in any form, no matter how good (or bad) they may be, years of WoW just turned me off of the concept of dungeons in ALL games.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I love how some people seem to need to tell me what I need to compete in WvWvW. Here’s a hint: don’t presume to tell me what I need in WvWvW.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: Merthax.5172

Merthax.5172

My warrior is my third 80, the moment it hit 80 I had a full set of exotic armor and weapons with green accessories, within 5 hours of it hitting 80 I was bored of it… if the gear is too easy to get then it just means that people like me will be bored that much quicker.

As a side note, I’m not interested in getting any form of ascended gear because it require me to run fractals… and I hate running dungeons in any form, no matter how good (or bad) they may be, years of WoW just turned me off of the concept of dungeons in ALL games.

How many zones are designed for lvl 80 characters? Lack of gear grind isn’t why you got bored, it’s lack of areas for endgame use.

aliksyian.7642

Gear = time spent.

If you want a level playing field go play Spvp.

The fact is that even without a gear difference someone who plays 4 hours a day is most likely going to be much better than someone who plays 1 hour a day.

Players need things to aim for and some players like those things to be stats and I can guarantee you that far more people will aim for the armor with an extra +5 stats and keep playing than the number of people who will leave simply because of the items presence.

The amount of players who will exclude someone because of a marginal stat difference is a tiny tiny fraction of the player base and is certainly worth ignoring in exchange for the amount of players having something bigger and better to aim for will keep playing. You may not like it but you are a minority, most people do not care if someone in WvW has 1% more stats because they play 10 hours a day, to most people what others have is not important, it is what they have and if they do not have something to aim for then they will not play.

If this game was based around PvP, if WvW was the ultimate driving force in this game then you may have an argument for having the highest stat items easy to obtain, but that is not the case, the driving force is PvE.

This is not a compelling argument for an providing additional advantages to people who already have more time to practice.

Structured PvP is only a small portion of the game. Why should I be quarantined?

“A problem will only happen 1% of the time” is not an adequate response to a problem that was needlessly introduced.

Players who play to get the next tier of gear forever and ever are served by many other games. GW2 should be able to serve the people who don’t want that type of game. It was explicitly marketed to that group of people. It does not matter if there are more carrot-chasers. That’s not the target market.

Why are bigger stats necessary for PvE? Why not anything else as a carrot? Titles? Fancy skins? Trophies for housing? Raising the stat ceiling is toxic. The reasons why have been discussed at length, but they include faster obsolescence of older content, demoralizing players who had reached the old ceiling, and promoting elitism.

What do they add? They are a goal, yes, but an ephemeral one. Once it has been reached you’ve returned to where you started, but now you’ve poisoned parts of the game.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

jamasont.4653

And yet you want to change GW2 into another WoW/run of the mill MMO with a gear treadmill. You don’t make much sense in your post, imo. How does running the same dungeons for a piece of gear over and over and over and then again make a game fun?

(edited by jamasont.4653)

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

This is an MMO

MMO’s are based on “more effort, more reward”
Stop trying to destroy a perfectly good MMO with the constant whining that all should be equal.

Stop trying to destroy a perfectly good MMO with the constant whining that you deserve better stats because you have more free time.

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

It shouldn’t be tied to RNG thats for kitten sure. And time =/= effort. Fractals don’t get any harder to complete, they just get longer to complete. The mechanics for them doens’t change, you simply take damage constantly and get more mob thrown at you with more health. Thats the lazy way of “increasing” difficulty.

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

This is an MMO

Stop trying to destroy a perfectly good MMO with the constant whining that all should be equal.

Stop trying to destroy a perfectly good MMO with the constant whining that you deserve better stats because you have more free time.

+1

Look most of us have lives. So making it more towards the folks that can spend 6+hrs playing everyday is ubserd.
The only happy people are with those with to much time on their hands. As for the rest of us…

DegoLocc.5976

Gear = time spent.

Level playing fields are boring. Go underdogs!
Variables make any battle more interesting.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It is just a question to the public. I am not going to take sides here.

I am interested in your opinions.

If they intended to keep the gear treadmill out of this game as they promised in their manifesto, YES.

All tiers of armor as well as all materials to make such goods were supposed to be available outside of any dungeon in the open world so as to facilitate multiple gameplay styles.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

DegoLocc.5976

This is an MMO

+1

Look most of us have lives. So making it more towards the folks that can spend 6+hrs playing everyday is ubserd.
The only happy people are with those with to much time on their hands. As for the rest of us…

MMO’s aren’t made for casuals in mind, by design, not even this one. Nothing new here why are ppl surprised?

Columba.9730

This is an MMO

+1

MMO’s aren’t made for casuals in mind, by design, not even this one. Nothing new here why are ppl surprised?

GW1 was.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

This is an MMO

+1

GW1 was.

OH no! Don’t go there… now we will have this endless debate about GW1 vs GW2, mmo vs corpg. Omg, how could you do this! GAH!

DegoLocc.5976

Correct Naughty :P

This is an MMO

+1

GW1 was.

But there is no debate, just fact.
GW1 wasn’t an MMO, it was listed as a co opRPG with some multiplayer tacked on. The actual game world was instanced, and you only seen other players who were in your group, no one else. Basically the game was hardly massive, and was more a giant dungeon, for your group.

GW2, is an MMO, and MMO players expect progression, casuals don’t want it. But by definition, MMO’s are timesinks, and not designed for casuals.

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

This is an MMO

+1

GW1 was.

GW1 wasn’t an MMO, it was listed as a co opRPG with some multiplayer tacked on. The actual game world was instanced, and you only seen other players who where in your group, no one else. Basically the game was hardly massive, and was more a giant dungeon, for your group.

GW2, is an MMO, and MMO players expect progression, casuals don’t want it. But by definition, MMO’s are timesinks, and not designed for casuals.

Crap! I warned you guys! I did I did! GRAAAAAW

jamasont.4653

This is an MMO

+1

GW1 was.

GW1 wasn’t an MMO, it was listed as a co opRPG with some multiplayer tacked on. The actual game world was instanced, and you only seen other players who were in your group, no one else. Basically the game was hardly massive, and was more a giant dungeon, for your group.

You sound pretty arrogant and yet till ascended gear there was no stupid gear grind. Hmm sounds like somebodies WRONG. Thats what made GW2 such a breath of fresh air. The death of every MMO i’ve played so far has been the growing divide between casual and raider till half the pop (casuals) drop their subs and move on. Nothing fun about a mindless grind and I like many just won’t do it.

aliksyian.7642

This is an MMO

+1

GW1 was.

You’re defining MMO to exclude GW1 to further your argument. I’m sure there’s a fancy latin phrase for that trick.

Let me try. GW2 isn’t an MMO because it doesn’t include separate player factions.

Also “MMO players expect progression” is laughable. It would help your argument if the marketing for GW2 wasn’t pretty explicit about how progression was going to work.

“MMOs are timesinks”? You need to support that claim that MMOs are time sinks, and can be nothing else. Please provide evidence other than “past games have done it.”

Columba.9730

This is an MMO

+1

GW1 was.

Who says it wasnt an mmo? MMO = massive multiplayer online? it’s your convenient opinion to dismiss it as not an mmo, lol. NO Facts are involved, lol.

Posted by: RoninJonny.1582

RoninJonny.1582

Yes it very much should, I would say exotic was about the right level for max stats. You got higher stats as you levelled through the game to funnel you through certain areas and keep you exploring the areas you where in as you went through the story. Then when you where finished with the story you would be able to get kitted out in max stats without too much hassle. For me that was about right for stats, maybe even a bit too hard in fact. After that, optional cosmetics for that thing we call “fun”.

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

Yes, it absolutely should be.
That was how GW1 worked, and what many people (including me) loved about it. You could spend your time in the game doing whatever you liked, whatever you thought fun, without ever having to worry about falling behind other players and feeling obliged to farm content because of that.
Players’ skills and individual builds and tactics were what set the “top” apart from the more relaxed or casual bunch, not numbers on gear and hours of invested time.

From what the developers communicated before release, I though this was going to be the deal I was buying when I pre-ordered GW2, and like all the other “whiners” on here, I am sorely disappointed.
A game with gear progression like this is not a game I want to play. There’s too many of them around already. (Heck, some people even seem to think that that is the way it has to be for a game even being allowed to call itself MMORPG now?!)

Personally I see WvW as my sort of “endgame”, and I hope that in the near future there is going to be a way to easily obtain gear with Ascended stats in WvW, too, because I don’t find it right to be forced to play through lots of PvE grind in order to be able to be on par with my opponents on the battlefield.

(edited by Velkyn.5168)

Posted by: Mountain Man.7901

Mountain Man.7901

It should be easy to obtain in the sense that you should acquire it as a natural part of progressing through the content. The whole premise of Guild Wars 2 is that you should be able to do whatever you want and still progress at a reasonable rate without having to grind out the same content over and over for hours on end in order to acquire a piece of necessary equipment.

Posted by: Xeres.3724

Xeres.3724

No. Getting the best gear should be an achievement or reward, not a given. My biggest pet peeve about gamers these days is they feel that just because they log into your game, everything should be handed to them on a silver platter. But actually put some effort into this? No. You can insert the typical reasons – lack of time, lack of desire to do what is required, etc. Sorry, that’s the way it goes – everywhere. Generally, you don’t get rewarded for doing nothing – unless you work for congress.

aliksyian.7642

No. Getting the best gear should be an achievement or reward, not a given. My biggest pet peeve about gamers these days is they feel that just because they log into your game, everything should be handed to them on a silver platter. But actually put some effort into this? No. You can insert the typical reasons – lack of time, lack of desire to do what is required, etc. Sorry, that’s the way it goes – everywhere. Generally, you don’t get rewarded for doing nothing – unless you work for congress.

This is not a compelling reason why people with more free time should be given an advantage throughout the game. They already have more time to practice.

Gear doesn’t need to be a “reward”. It functions just fine as a choice, along side what weapon type to equip and what hair style you wear.

Posted by: Yosoy Tupapi.2913

Yosoy Tupapi.2913

Easy or difficult is not the question. The goal post for getting the top gears should not move. If it moves, the whole thing becomes a treadmill

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

Yes. Max stat AND desired look should be easily earned. A Norn (for example) shouldn’t have to grind out cash for cultural armor to look like a Norn (vs an over sized human) in addition to grinding out max stat armor.

Players want to look the part they pick and succeed as that role WHILE they play through content; not play through and exhaust content and finally have a “complete” character. – IMO of course.

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Shouldn’t be easy but should be a better way than grinding the same content over and over, if I wanted to play an Asian grinder I would play one of the many other games on the market that’s freely available.

Personally I think Anet have let themselves down and have shown that they are no better as a company than the others like Frogster and Nexon to name but 2. They marketed a good manifesto then hit us all with this BS.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

It depends on which path the mmo is taking.
Is this a rpg or action-base mmo?
You can only pick one.

RPG : Yes, it should be hard. RPG needs to have some progressive nature that allows player to play around with their stats. Even in storybooks, dramas and movies, the characters progresses. The “philosophy stone” that grants you immortality in Harry Potter should be difficult to get. The “ring” in lord of the ring movie are difficult to get too. Just like in fictional stories, the best stat items in the game must be hard to achieve, and they’re not just for cosmetic purposes.

Action-base game : No. In fact, there’s not even a need for gear tiers or levels. You play the game like in arcade. You’re given the character and you use skills with it. The characters have no souls of it’s own because you’re the player. It’s like playing street fighter in the open world of mmo. There’s pre-made story, but no rpg elements.

Posted by: Xeres.3724

Xeres.3724

This is not a compelling reason why people with more free time should be given an advantage throughout the game. They already have more time to practice.

Gear doesn’t need to be a “reward”. It functions just fine as a choice, along side what weapon type to equip and what hair style you wear.

OK. See this is what I’m talking about. Do you expect to hit 80 and have the best gear just magically appear in your pack? Best gear implies there is a hierarchy of gear after 80, which there was even before this new gear treadmill patch.

Last time I checked, the look of your gear or hair had absolutely 0 influence on how effective you were in combat. Those are aesthetic changes only. Gear stats aren’t.

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

Yes it should. In this game.

In other games, which revolves around the gear treadmill, it shouldn’t.

Posted by: Meret.5943

Meret.5943

GW1 wasn’t an MMO

GW2, is an MMO

So what? GW2 counted on—exploited—the loyalty of all the people who played GW1 for years under the philosophy “skill over time played” to buy this game. We have a right to complain, honestly, no matter how you want to define it.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Max stat gear shouldn’t be easy to obtain however that’s not what the problem is.

Right now Exotics aren’t easy to obtain. They’ve nerfed everything to the point where no one can effectively get what they need to even go into this one single dungeon.

DR, MF, nerfed drops and nerfed globs all = impossible to build armor sets. They might as well throw out crafting entirely.

Add to this the insult to the community of acting like there’s nothing wrong with them expecting us to be okay with a new tier of armor, or expecting we should be okay with them adding a dungeon only progression, or requiring that we run this dungeon to get an RNG drop of any kind, or how about that there is no craftable armor pieces from this tier of armor like we were promised there would be by their manifesto.

new tier can’t be crafted even tho we were told the game would not be vertical
new runes require we go into dungeon for mats
new tier only drops via RNG, not currency.

the new system is definitely not their manifesto, not their original plan for the game, and breaking the promises to the community for the 1% that don’t stay in a game long enough to actually make a lasting impression is both illogical and destructive to any game title or has everyone forgotten what happened to SWTOR already?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!