Mordrem Invasion Broken [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Titanshadow.9613

Titanshadow.9613

I just did the event in the Wildlands and DC’ed every single time I tried to get just one stack. Therefore I got nothing for the whole time I tried to do the whole event.
Now I did this earlier today and received 5 only after doing the envastion on 2 different maps, so I logged off and waited to see if there was going to be a fix. Just logged in and found out that the event was going to start in the Wildlands started the event and DC’ed constantly.
Now I know that this will not be going on for very long and I really wanted to get some of them blooms for a few things that is in the vendors now. Thats really not going to work If I cant event get enough to do a dam thing with it. What was the purpose of this whole thing because to me this was not a good way to start off the next Xpac.

Posted by: Angus.5961

Angus.5961

If that patch was supposed to fix the no rewards issue, well I just did a bunch of incursions with a level 26 character in Kessex and got absolutely nothing. Completed probabaly 8-10 at least with gold thru bronze completions.

Am I missing something here? Not enough participation?

Edit: Okay after a relog I got 2 crates, one with the map bonus 5 blooms and another with 20 and a choice of scarlet box or arid satchel. So I guess its working but I hope it doesnt take a relog for every set

(edited by Angus.5961)

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

Not sure if this is a bug as much as a design flaw, but I just logged in for the first time today and joined the Diessa invasion. We had less than 8 minutes to go and I dc’d. I relog back to a new map with 28 minutes to go and my buff is gone.

Frustrated at my first run at this event and wasted over 20 minutes running around for nothing. Not going to try this again…no reward is worth losing all of your progress because of random disconnects.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

I was just on a Diessa Plateau map where nearly everyone DC’d halfway through the event. I lost 15 or so stacks. When we logged back in, there were still 15 minutes left so everyone started getting stacks anew. But when the event ended… guess what? None of the people who DC’d received any rewards despite regaining their stacks.

Ugh.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

(edited by Tien.3865)

Posted by: Odello.1259

Odello.1259

Same here, Diessa events, dc, 22 stacks at the end, no reward. Bug is still there…

Posted by: Snow.4097

Snow.4097

Still Broken!…
Joined Event in Kessex Hills, half way through event.
- was rewarded with an appropriate number of blossoms.
Then Ported to Diessa Plateau
-Entire map Dissconected at about the 15minute mark . I had 12 stacks of the Buff. I then rejoined same IP immediately, All buff stacks Gone.
-Continued event from halfway point after re-joining gaining another 7 or 8 stacks
- event ends and NO REWARD GIVEN for Diessa Plateau. same with everyone that disconnected and re earned the buff.

(edited by Snow.4097)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Still Broken!…
Joined Event in Kessex Hills, half way through event.
- was rewarded with an appropriate number of blossoms.
Then Ported to Diessa Plateau
-Entire map Dissconected at about the 15minute mark . I had 12 stacks of the Buff. I then rejoined same IP immediately, All buff stacks Gone.
-Continued event from halfway point after re-joining gaining another 7 or 8 stacks
- event ends and NO REWARD GIVEN for Diessa Plateau. same with everyone that disconnected and re earned the buff.

This. I was on that map too. I had 15 stacks of the buff, disconnected. Joined back immediately. All stacks gone. sigh got back to 8 stacks before it ended and got nothing at all.

Posted by: Poke Storm.7983

Poke Storm.7983

So one bug was fixed and now we have a new one me my fiancé and a hand full of other players had our “stacks” gained from finishing each event within the full scale event vanish right before the end of the full scale zone event and got little to no rewards I was given 5 a few others also and my fiancé got nothing at all, its pretty bad when ive run through over 7 events and only made 100 Blooms, and we are told we will eventually get what’s owed to us. without being told when or how that will come about. everybody is working just as hard if not harder to gain these rewards as the next guy yet its a situation where some get lucky and others get the shaft. we have a limited time frame to get these rewards at this rate some of us wont get a fair chance.

P.S. we where not DCed at all this was just a flat out rip off.

Posted by: Tieris.5317

Tieris.5317

Event rewards still bugged. After the patch I did the Brisbane events and got a total of 30 blooms so I thought “great, it’s working.” Went and did the Kessex event, 14 or so stacks at the end, no reward. Then I did the Diessa event, 17 stacks at the end, no reward but I still had the buff on my bar after the event ended. After the break I just did the Brisbane event and once again, no reward.

So let’s see, Mordrem event bugged from the start. The event before this the Golem Rush in WvW, bugged the entire week it ran with people exploiting the golem buff bug so they could run around and do massive damage. I know there are going to be some hiccups when an event goes from small scale testing to a wide release but come on, these are some event breaking bugs.

Posted by: Dennis.8157

Dennis.8157

Good. Hopefully getting the rewards soon for the two events I completed

Posted by: Memre.8364

Memre.8364

I was doing the Mordrem events in Diessa Plateau. I managed to get to about 9 or 10 stacks give or take but then disconnected. I then logged back in and had no more stacks but I continued to do the event thinking I’d still get the extra bonus chest as it was my first time doing the event in Diessa Plateau. I made it up to 6 stacks before it ended and I did not receive any chests at all.

Posted by: Vancien.1980

Vancien.1980

Look folks. Many of you apparently have not ever participated in a random even in Guildwars. Let me welcome you to the experience! First of all, things aren’t always perfect. Sort of like how life usually has curve balls. You have to just overcome them.

There are other things I am sure you could be doing. Like the regular ritual of dailies, perhaps your dungeon runs you have done a million times and a half or fractals on farm. But this is a NEW EXPERIENCE.

Broken or not, it’s not what you would be normally doing and I can assure you from experience that they will figure out the kinks and fix it so that your time is not for nothing. There is no need to make a huge stink about getting nothing while you spent time with your wifey, girlfriend or boyfriend doing these unique events because it’s certainly not the same thing you did last night.

So be a bit more thankful and look at the positive side of things.

To the developers. Thank you for adding another random event we can enjoy and I hope you will get the buggers worked out as always in an expeditious manor.

-Van

Posted by: Morozzko.2136

Morozzko.2136

10 blooms per hour we have 2 day 480 blooms with non stop farming without dinner and dream

Main Engi, all other 80

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

Diessa Plateau 2:30-3:00 AM EST event

I disconnected and lost stacks. I logged back in and acquired about 7 stacks. No rewards.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Look folks. Many of you apparently have not ever participated in a random even in Guildwars. Let me welcome you to the experience! First of all, things aren’t always perfect. Sort of like how life usually has curve balls. You have to just overcome them.

There are other things I am sure you could be doing. Like the regular ritual of dailies, perhaps your dungeon runs you have done a million times and a half or fractals on farm. But this is a NEW EXPERIENCE.

Broken or not, it’s not what you would be normally doing and I can assure you from experience that they will figure out the kinks and fix it so that your time is not for nothing. There is no need to make a huge stink about getting nothing while you spent time with your wifey, girlfriend or boyfriend doing these unique events because it’s certainly not the same thing you did last night.

So be a bit more thankful and look at the positive side of things.

To the developers. Thank you for adding another random event we can enjoy and I hope you will get the buggers worked out as always in an expeditious manor.

-Van

Nothing about this experience is new. It’s a rehash of the Scarlet invasions combined with the SW stuff and a with rewards that are very very hard to calculate. And these events are about as challenging as walking from one side of LA to another. The only “challenging” part is tagging as many events as possible in order to maybe get more of the uncertain rewards, which I hope is not what they intended but who knows.

Oh and it’s also buggy as hell. They are working on fixes I guess and maybe fixed some as well, but for an event with such a short duration I doubt they will come out in time and the overall frustration generated must be staggering.

So while looking at the positive side of being able to get some older skins and rewards and the other positive side of having a break from the daily routine, there is also the negative side of those skins costing prohibitive amounts of tokens that are very very hard to get, if not impossible, in those quantities or at all, and the fact that the event is overall not only not rewarding but also very frustrating due to its bugs, while actually being quite boring and unchallenging.

Now you tell me what result you arrive to when you balance those pros and cons. I know my conclusion.

Posted by: invoker.3509

invoker.3509

Brisban event isn’t even working. It’s had the location flagged for about 20 minutes now, and there are no targets, let alone event marks on map.

Posted by: Leara.1204

Leara.1204

I’ve tried these invasions events 4 times, last time just 5 mins ago, and here is what I noticed:

Whenever I’m in the middle of one of the invasion events that is not completed yet but the map event ends it doesn’t give it as succeded or failed, it just disappears and I stay with the event stacks and I don’t get any reward. This happened to me the first time yesterday , and today a couple of mins ago. While when I wasn’t in the middle of any event when the whole invasion ended I got reward (even if it was the minimum and it wasn’t counting the stacks accumulated).

(edited by Leara.1204)

Posted by: truliy.3509

truliy.3509

[KESSEX] dc’d with 12 stacks, reconnected and ended up with 17. no reward. thanks!

Posted by: Morozzko.2136

Morozzko.2136

no daily chest for desa plato :/

Main Engi, all other 80

Posted by: hibari.9836

hibari.9836

Diessa Plateau, DC’d with 9 stacks and less than 4 min to go in the event. Couldn’t get back on. Game crashed, computer crashed (this happens all the time and I have raised this issue before about connection and stability issues which seem to be specific to the Mac client—guess Anet doesn’t care?) Of course got no reward for the event.

My partner was on the same map, relogged with 5 stacks because of lag, lost them all, got another 6 by the end of the event and got no reward either.

Whoever devised this system for rewards did a really bad job. Just terrible. It’s set up to punish you if you have even a blip of connectivity issues. Really disappointing. We were both excited for this and willing to be patient while rewards were glitched yesterday, but this just feels like scrambling to get to incursions while they are up and getting nothing for it. It’s not fun at all, just stressful.

Posted by: John.5732

John.5732

This event is still glitched for me. I do not receive experience from killing enemies, I do not receive drops from enemies I kill, I do not receive experience, karma, or gold from completed events, and enemies do not count as kills for sigils, runes, and traits.

Leader of the Kingdom of [Shu] Guild
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Devin.3076

Devin.3076

So we’re gonna get the rewards retroactively..? So I’m supposed to just keep doing the events blindly and hope that I’ll get the proper amount. Seriously? Why is everything always bugged that comes out!? I really want to keep loving this game man. I really want to try and defend it but who can? I’ve seen so many people go and never come back and I can’t keep it up anymore.

Posted by: Birdtree.9841

Birdtree.9841

just wanted to say that I just finished the brisban wildlands invasion and got scarlet bag and 30 blooms so they had to of fixed something

Posted by: hibari.9836

hibari.9836

And again, same thing in Brisban Wildlands. DC’d with seven stacks, got another three on reconnect. No rewards. Really unhappy.

Posted by: Timoxa.4780

Timoxa.4780

I’m lost ~10-12 hours on this…have just 90 blooms (-60 from daily), so take from events just 30. It’s normal? 70% of events i have bugs like no stack of buff, dc for one sec and lose all stacks or 5-15 stacks and no reward with that. I hope you fix it or change price / drop of blooms because 450 blooms unreal to farm with this.

Posted by: raiaknl.6348

raiaknl.6348

We really don’t mind if you say “sorry for our mistake” and shutdown the event to fix it. Don’t push it making urgent patches, it annoys people.
Many players gave up already and even if you fix it, people already lost their hype.

If you shutdown the event and re-design it, then people will try this again.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Many players gave up already and even if you fix it, people already lost their hype.

Not only the hype also the time ( even if it goes 4 days longer)

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I thought anet was actually moving forward in this, having used the event reward system in Silverwastes (every event pops a reward box) I am somewhat unsure why they have neglected to follow this route for this event.

Surely being rewarded 1 token per event (maximum is going to be what 20? per event) is far better than having to build up to 10 stacks of whatever -oh dw guys if you dc or have to log out in the middle of it, you get no rewards!

I really don’t understand why Anet thinks it’s okay to assume that people will stay connected when there are threads upon threads in this forum that are to do with;

DC AT TEQ NO REWARD
DC AT VINEWRATH NO REWARD
DC HERE. TY FOR WASTING MY TIME
GAME CRASHED KITTENOFF NO REWARDS

- I mean I understand they want to prevent people event hopping like in silverwastes.. but having this buff just encourages it.. so.. -

Also a lot of players have pointed out that is really simple to avoid at least the loss of the reward in case of DC. The same way the stats are saved in the server, they could save your actual status that is already in memory in the server when you disconnect or log out. This is the case with the food buffs, you log out and next day you have the remaining buff. The reason Anet do not do this with the last boss tagged or permanent buffs (like the ones in SW) is out of my comprehension, that way at least you could finish the event and get the reward.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Posted by: Daraku.5389

Daraku.5389

Since I couldn’t find anything while using the forum search.
Here it goes: I’m playing Guild Wars 2 since release and even after three years I notice that on every new open world event the scaling is utterly broken. Mobs are dying in seconds that some classes aren’t even able to attack even with auto attack because of the AoE’s.
Another problem I noticed more often lately is that you wont get charges on your “on kill” sigils. Most of the new Events or Living Story wont give you EXP which I can understand but if you don’t gain EXP you can’t get charges on your “on kill” sigil.

additional to that scaling problem is that new players who don’t even have the best gear for their classes to do the most dmg to participate in these events get barely any event gold event completion. I can’t say if you get event rewards because I rarely care about these rewards a veteran player but If there are rewards new players won’t even get the most out of it and all because of the scaling.

I actually can’t believe that this is still a problem after three years.

Walk without footprints. Breathe without breath. Our lives leave no trace.
— Motto of the Assassins’ Guild, CY 3455

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

Hi there

is there some underlying issues?

I have been told if you get 10 stacks (ranks) when doing each map you get a minimum of 10-15 blooms but every chest I have had today has been only * 5 Blooms

last maps i did I had

11 stacks for B/woods (should have been more than 5)
9 stacks Kessek woods (minimum 5)
14 stacks for D/Plateau (Should have been more than 5)

so is this going to be fixed? I really dont wish to spend 96 hours to get the max amount of blooms for the reward vender so far retroactivlty im still due 6 chests from yesterday * if we ever get them, and then the issues today

Posted by: Mantheren.5428

Mantheren.5428

Can’t we just have that stacking buff persist through map changes/logouts/dc’s?

Just have a stacking buff that resets at daily reset.
Then every time it hits an interval of ten stacks pop up a bouncy reward chest. (or two if its the first time on that map for that day).

Seems a lot less problematic taking disconnects into account.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Can’t we just have that stacking buff persist through map changes/logouts/dc’s?

Just have a stacking buff that resets at daily reset.
Then every time it hits an interval of ten stacks pop up a bouncy reward chest. (or two if its the first time on that map for that day).

Seems a lot less problematic taking disconnects into account.

Attending 5 different events that have the stack and do not go away until reset, that would be gross for the UI.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The funny thing is, they already created effects that won’t disappear unless you actually leave the area, even if you switch instances, change characters or log out, like the ones from the puzzle in Silverwastes.

And the description of these effects in the mordrem invasions suggest they should work the same way.

They just don’t.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Mantheren.5428

Mantheren.5428

No no just one I mean just one stackable buff for the entire invasion event.

Unless we’re trying to solve it for all world events in which case something else might be needed indeed.

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

I think I’m at 4 (possibly 5) events where I’ve participated, gotten a few stacks of the buff, and yet been rewarded with nothing at the end of the fight.

It also doesn’t help that we don’t seem to know for sure how many blooms you get for the stack you’re currently at, and so we have no goal in sight on a certain amount of events to farm – even when we’re not given any reward.

Ideally, the blooms will be given to us before the 14’th. I understand the event vendors will remain for some time afterwards, but that really isn’t of any use unless we know for a fact how many blooms we’re “supposed” to have.

It was my understanding that this bug had been fixed – but I’ve recently participated in two more events and yet not received any reward towards the end. Is there any point in me trying any more events tonight, or should I spend my time elsewhere and hope for better fortune tomorrow? Like many others, my time is limited – I simply can’t spend hour upon hour mindlessly farming these event mobs – without knowing if I’m actually making any progress at all (and how much progress, if so).

We’re running blind here, A-net. If you can’t fix this, at least let us know, so that we don’t bother in vain.

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

We really don’t mind if you say “sorry for our mistake” and shutdown the event to fix it. Don’t push it making urgent patches, it annoys people.

If you shutdown the event and re-design it, then people will try this again.

What a horrible idea, yes lets take time away from HoT development to try to appease a small player base. If you find the rewards/time invested to not be of your liking just do not play the event. Be glad the items available are even there to begin with. I really do not get all the whining, first it was because of a bug, it happens no company/person/entity is perfect get over it. Then people whine because people can not log in do 3 events and get every reward available.

Again if you do not like it do not play the event, go back to working on time/money gained and be silent.

Posted by: Strongy.3017

Strongy.3017

Just did an event, got 15 stacks. And only received the bonus chest of 10 Blooms.. Still broken in my eyes

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Well Arenanet response would simply be “You can simply make up for the loss by playing more!”

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Having each event reward a blossom seems better, except that they don’t want to reward nearly that many blossoms, apparently. Even rewarding a chance for blossoms would be bad because there is always those people who would work harder than everyone and still gain no extra blossoms.

This is the fairest method. I DCed once the whole event, because my personal network was messed up. I have never DCed because of ANet’s network. It’s unlikely that anyone else is either, though everyone else seems to always believe it’s not their stuff that’s messing up.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

I thought anet was actually moving forward in this, having used the event reward system in Silverwastes (every event pops a reward box) I am somewhat unsure why they have neglected to follow this route for this event.

Surely being rewarded 1 token per event (maximum is going to be what 20? per event) is far better than having to build up to 10 stacks of whatever -oh dw guys if you dc or have to log out in the middle of it, you get no rewards!

I really don’t understand why Anet thinks it’s okay to assume that people will stay connected when there are threads upon threads in this forum that are to do with;

DC AT TEQ NO REWARD
DC AT VINEWRATH NO REWARD
DC HERE. TY FOR WASTING MY TIME
GAME CRASHED KITTENOFF NO REWARDS

- I mean I understand they want to prevent people event hopping like in silverwastes.. but having this buff just encourages it.. so.. -

Also a lot of players have pointed out that is really simple to avoid at least the loss of the reward in case of DC. The same way the stats are saved in the server, they could save your actual status that is already in memory in the server when you disconnect or log out. This is the case with the food buffs, you log out and next day you have the remaining buff. The reason Anet do not do this with the last boss tagged or permanent buffs (like the ones in SW) is out of my comprehension, that way at least you could finish the event and get the reward.

3 years and simple stuffs like this can’t be fixed. Lousy and Lazy lol.
Hit 20 stacks and dc … dat feeling is amazing, i’m telling you.

Posted by: sleight.9638

sleight.9638

The worst is that it’s not a thing that happens once a day.
So far I’ve got dc’ed from every single event but one.

Posted by: Kasemdria.7138

Kasemdria.7138

To all the people who are dc’ing with stacks on, logging back in to continue (thus getting more stacks), and then not getting a reward:
Do you find that your stacks don’t get converted at all once the event ends?

I just finished Brisban after getting about 7 stacks, dc’ing, and then getting 5. When the mordrem withdrew, my buff didn’t disappear – like it couldn’t convert into loot because I had dc’ed. :S

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

They will not shut it down, though they perhaps should because as it stands the `event´ is more of an embarrassment than anything.

I feel bad for the new players, Arena Net usually do better than this, really!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

(edited by Aedelric.1287)

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

We’re being trolled. So we get 10 blooms for the first 10 events and zero reward for the last 9 events.

Posted by: sleight.9638

sleight.9638

So far the pattern: When you dc with any stacks on you and relog into the same map, you’re screwed. Better drop party and find another map at this point.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

0-4 stacks, you get 0 Mordrem Blooms
5-9 stacks, you get 5 Mordrem Blooms
10-19 stacks, you get 10 Mordrem Blooms
20-30+ stacks, you get 15 Mordrem Blooms

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: pandora.8475

pandora.8475

And the rewards are not that great they just left over form old events it really luck effort Anet but in this event I agree it should be shut down it failed horribly.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Would have been so much more bearable if it was 1 stack = 1 bloom, capped at 15.

Also you actually have to collect the bloom from the event area so it doesn’t encourage people to tag and run events the entire time.

Was afraid this would conflict with a game that released today, but looks like I’m going to have plenty of time playing that instead of this unrewarding grindfest.

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

Its just poor design. The people who designed this event should be ashamed.