Sick of bad engame? bored of Gw2? A tip

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aleglast.6027

Aleglast.6027

So up until about a week ago you could find me constantly complaining about the endgame content and how gw2 loses so much flavor when you reach 80. Eventually i ended up stopping the game all together because i was so mad at anet. I have found that there are a ton of people in the same situation that i was and so im giving you a quick tip that should improve the game for a lot of players. I am not saying that every player will find satisfaction in this but i certainly did.

So, when i was about to delete the game from my comp, i had this random thought, why don’t i craft a legendary? Of course the task always seemed daunting and impossible but after spending a few hours beginning it, i found that it was very doable. Not only this! but i found that every single thing in the game was JUST as fun as it had been when i first played. There is something about a solid and high goal that makes all the things you do worth it. I used to hate doing hearts now i love them! As with every other thing in the game i found so much more enjoyment in them.

Now it might seem dumb to you when you think about it, but honestly, embarking on the journey to craft a legendary will make your game so much more fun. The best thing is, you don’t have to bother rushing it, because you finally enjoy the things you previously counted as miserable grind fests. Its hard to express just how much I enjoy this game once again.

One very important thing to remember is that gw2 isnt wow, it is designed to be fun from 1-80 just playing the game! and the only reason it loses that flavor is because of goals. but they put those goals right in front of our faces, we just got to go for em!

Try this, if it doesn’t work out for you, it doesn’t matter, but if it does, you just began the journey to re-experience all of gw2 all over again!

Guild Wars 2 is back in the game for me! well it is a game…..but its back in the competitive game of the gaming world! <——-hardly understands himself…..

Side note: This is just one TIP for how to enjoy the game more, im not discounting all of the people asking for more from anet, and especially dont want an argument. Im just trying to show people ways to enjoy the game NOW instead of 3 patchs from now!

GUARDIANS OF THE LIGHT We are DragonBrand
Join us and RISE to the challenge!

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Haha, good tip there, mate. I have my periods when I get bored of being 80 now and then. General reason for that is that I’m currently leveling my fifth 80 character in less than my 70 days /age.

Running dungeons all over again and generally doing the same things could get tedious but then I had the same thought and now I’m aiming at not only 1, but 2 leggies

Good luck with the crafting!

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Aleglast.6027

Haha, good tip there, mate. I have my periods when I get bored of being 80 now and then. General reason for that is that I’m currently leveling my fifth 80 character in less than my 70 days /age.

Running dungeons all over again and generally doing the same things could get tedious but then I had the same thought and now I’m aiming at not only 1, but 2 leggies

Exactly! isnt it great?

winterchillz.2564

Exactly! isnt it great?

Shinies, yes, yes. C:

Cloud of Sparrows

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

Its been almost a year that I have everything needed to craft my legendary. Its just sitting in my bank except for one thing.

I’m pretty sure you know what the one thing is.

And I will not craft any legendary ever not until they (Anet) gives player a way to obtain that item without playing RNG wars 2.

talking about you precursor

Legendary should come with legendary feats. It should not be related to legendary luck

And honestly, this game lacks of content for level 80.

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Aleglast.6027

Its been almost a year that I have everything needed to craft my legendary. Its just sitting in my bank except for one thing.

And I will not craft any legendary ever not until they (Anet) gives player a way to obtain that item without playing RNG wars 2.

Legendary should come with legendary feats. It should not be related to legendary luck

I dont think you understand legendaries, and this is not meant to be offensive, but you dont need a precursor to craft the legendary, in fact, you cant use the precursor.

Edit: only luck part is the clovers

edit: hold on maybe im wrong, sure hope im not though!

(edited by Aleglast.6027)

winterchillz.2564

Well since you can’t get it as a drop … buy it?

Cloud of Sparrows

Aleglast.6027

sorry about that, of course you are right! and yes i totaly agree with you this part of the legendary sucks, and they are very expensive to buy so i feel your pain!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I made my fourth legendary recently, but what keeps me playing, mostly, is my guild. We have fun whatever we’re doing.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I’m forced to agree, making a legendary (or in my case 2) had me enjoying the game all over again… You know what, maybe I should make another 2… yes, I believe I will, and I know which two to make. Thank you!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Aleglast.6027

I’m forced to agree, making a legendary (or in my case 2) had me enjoying the game all over again… You know what, maybe I should make another 2… yes, I believe I will, and I know which two to make. Thank you!

haha np, hey when you made yours did you mystic luck the precursor or buy it?

Posted by: Turgon.8625

Turgon.8625

I do very much like the idea of making a legendary. However, every time I consider it I remember the precursor barrier and this completely nullifies my enthusiasm. Shame.

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

I don’t understand why some people think games are about ‘levelling’.

I guess I’ll never understand.

Every RPG and MMO has levelling, its not some new fancy awesome mechanic of holy rainbows, nor is it the focus of the game.

Focus on the actual game and its content, not some meaningless number.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

I’m finishing my legendary in the next months and i have to say it’s a great feeling
Btw i find that the top end game of GW2 is finding other 4 people and create a pvp group to play together, i had one, that was awesome.
Another awesome thing is to be in a good and friendly wvw guild, i have a blast everytime i play with them on TS.

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I dont think you understand legendaries, and this is not meant to be offensive, but you dont need a precursor to craft the legendary, in fact, you cant use the precursor.

Edit: only luck part is the clovers

edit: hold on maybe im wrong, sure hope im not though!

wat

You need a precursor to craft a legendary. 100%

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

I thought everyone and their grandmother knew about farming…

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Crafting legendaries is what almost pushed me totally out of the game twice.
The map completion, the gold grind etc are awful.

When you also know that you are feeding people making the game worst for everyone you also feel worse.

I actually have my way to have fun.
Being able to complete dungeons with whoever (unless they don t communicate and don t read chat) is quite fun for me.

Also www (roaming and zerg if done correctly).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

you know the thing about legendary is that you will pigeonhole yourself into using it and give up all the other skins.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I made my legendary last year and even though I’ve since had another precursor drop, I don’t think I could go through that again, at least not just yet and certainly not until they add in some more designs that are worth getting.

Instead, I’m going to give all 5 of my characters a full set of ascended weaponry to replace everything that they use, which is quite a lot. My warrior still needs another axe, a mace, a sword, a rifle. Made him a longbow, an axe and greatsword already.
My ranger carries Bolt so that’s her sword done, but I’ll probably make her a greatsword, longbow, axe, warhorn and shortbow just to round out the collection. Thief needs sword, 2 daggers, 2 pistols and a shortbow.
Necro needs sceptre, focus, warhorn, staff, daggers.
etc etc
I know weapons are account bound and I could just swap but the sigil load out would be different. So I’ve got a lot of gathering to do, and I won’t deliberately farm because I don’t want to solely focus on my end goal. I’m making it so that everything I do in game is part of the process towards making those weapons so I won’t burn out from the effort.

That is what I think a lot of people burn out from. Singular focus on one thing to the point that it becomes all consuming and then they burn out

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

But what for people who don’t like to grind gold but work directly for the rewards.
80% of getting a legendary is grinding gold to buy what you need. That is fun to some but not to all.

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

The carrot on the stick is the main attention holding aspects of MMOs, therefore this is kinda obvious…

Anyways, having crafted two legendary weapons myself and playing for a year and a half GW2 ran stale for me. My patients in ANet releasing fluff rather than meaningful update to the game wore thin. The broken rewards for WvW and the lack of ability to fix the issue was the final straw.

I already have a max level stalker in Wildstar and I’m not looking back. GW2 was fun for awhile but the apparent lack of resources and/or wrong allocation of resources along with the money grubbing attitude broke it for me. Hope NCSoft doesn’t kill Wildstar the same way.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I’ve crafted two legendaries… so.. what.. craft more (which I suppose I am doing.. just waiting for precursor crafting as I’m not paying another person 1000g for one)?

And I have to agree with Lord Byron. The money grind that is legendaries is one thing that makes me feel a bit sour about the game. I’d love to have more meaningful and challenging activities that needed to be completed in order to earn a legendary.

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

OP, legendaries had the opposite effect on me.

for months, every time i got nearly enough gold to buy the precursor i needed, it jumped up in price., as i didn’t have enough time to farm 20+gold a day like many people around here.

Then i decided, to try my luck in the Mystic forge, as a guy in my guild was boosting on how he got 4 precursors drops from there (and 2 more from drops….and i’m sure he’s not lying :\ )

600 gold later, still empy handed.

Now i decided to NOT CARE ABOUT LEGENDARIES ANYMORE and got back to enjoying the game…….. play a little bit of pvp, wvw, a dungeon here and there, rolling a new char without having the oppressive feeling of wasting my time if i’m not maximizing the gold/hour ratio.

One of these days, when i get enough courage (or get home drunk enough), i swear i’m gonna trash the gifts sitting in my bank for almost a yer, just to get the grind out of my mind and soul

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

rolling a new char without having the oppressive feeling of wasting my time if i’m not maximizing the gold/hour ratio.

This. So this. I have a such a hard time with this… thinking about making money all the time.. run these dungeons, gather this mat.. ugh.

Devata.6589

The carrot on the stick is the main attention holding aspects of MMOs, therefore this is kinda obvious…

Anyways, having crafted two legendary weapons myself and playing for a year and a half GW2 ran stale for me. My patients in ANet releasing fluff rather than meaningful update to the game wore thin. The broken rewards for WvW and the lack of ability to fix the issue was the final straw.

I already have a max level stalker in Wildstar and I’m not looking back. GW2 was fun for awhile but the apparent lack of resources and/or wrong allocation of resources along with the money grubbing attitude broke it for me. Hope NCSoft doesn’t kill Wildstar the same way.

“the money grubbing attitude” Ncsoft is responsible for much of the money element so likely also how they grub the money. With that knowledge it’s how do I say that polite… Not super smart to go for another game by the same publisher. That’s how they seem to work. Squeeze out the money from one game move to the next and the players willing follow throwing in the money again.

So if you don’t like the money grubbing attitude then move to an non-Ncsoft game. Now you are complaining about exactly what you are supporting.

Devata.6589

rolling a new char without having the oppressive feeling of wasting my time if i’m not maximizing the gold/hour ratio.

This. So this. I have a such a hard time with this… thinking about making money all the time.. run these dungeons, gather this mat.. ugh.

The ’ gold is everything’ is a big problem in this game. But it’s what you get if you don’t put most rewards in the game but in the cash-shop or but them in the game as very rear general drops. Then the only way to get anything (ingame) is with gold.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I have 3 legendaries and have given one away as a gift and found most of the process of making them horrible. T6 mats are are mind numbingly bad for a player like me that likes to go out and directly gather things. It took me 9 months for my 1st gifts of might and magic w/o buying from the tp. That almost made me quit the game. For the others I bought mats off the tp and it just felt cheap to me. I also bought all the precursors since in my 6,833 hrs I have not been fortunate to have rng luck (tbh I think there are marked accounts but that’s another topic).

The whole buying facet of legendaries feels cheap and unrewarding to me. That prevents it from being viable endgame content imo.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I tried the ‘go after a legendary’ approach for the endgame. Grinded me into burn out.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

haha np, hey when you made yours did you mystic luck the precursor or buy it?

I’ll admit it, I bought them from the TP, but that didn’t matter to me. I have terrible luck when it comes to drops like that. I haven’t even got a single ascended drop yet. So I’ll probably buy my next two as well. Again, that doesn’t bother me, just means I’ll be more committed to getting the job done.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

maybe you should recommend people try out crafting actual items or doing a dungeon run without getting totally carried before suggesting this not so bad end game you speak of.. nice obscure legendary pitch though

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

I grinded my way to my legendary about 6 months ago…then quit playing for 6 months. I have to say the whole process for acquiring a legendary is not “legendary”. Came back, made my ascended equipment, and now I’m happy just playing the game casually and hopefully one day I’ll make my second legendary but I find the game to be much more enjoyable not worrying about how much gold I make per hour…

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Well I crafted a legendary back in December 2012 and have now 3. Burned out, it is boring since end of 2012 really… The living story was a huge disappointment and nothing but shallow gem store driven non-content which was – in addition – temporary.

I still have a tiny hope for ‘Season 2’ (I hate this nomenclature in a game…).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

I took the players approach to this game from the first sneak peak. I leveled all 8 of my chars together, mastering each story step and associated areas with each class. I completed maps before moving on. I waited until level 60 to craft before going to level 80 and into Orr. I then started dungeons and played each one on each class. Then I started doing the Champ trains occasionally, along with a few fractals. and the World boss train for the dragonite. I crafted one set of Ascended for my main.
I never rushed through any portion of the game. I am now going back to Dungeons to do them again and look at the changes made. Once I have 500 deadly blooms I will craft the first legendary as the precursor is sitting in the bank waiting for them.
I play the game first, I do not see the quest for shinnies as my sole focus like so many others. By the time I finish my first Legendary, I will have the resources to make another, provided the RNG God’s provide me one. I will not seek one. I will not gamble real world dollars or farm Gold to use the MF. I will just play the game.
I am glad the OP finally realized what the game is about. Now if all the other completionists would figure it out, maybe the game would be a place of less and less hostility to others for differing opinions, play styles, opinions of viability, etc etc.
Living World is a great concept in the infancy stages. Anet has made some interesting turns on its path as of late, and it may turn out better than we imagine. I am not going to berate them every step of the way, I am too busy playing the game.
Now if you want to talk about their brand of Communication, I have a boatload of gripes, but I still enjoy the game.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I always set my self a goal. In guild wars it was finish everything then get Obby armour. In Guild Wars 2’it was get ascended trinkets/weapons/armour now I’m on the back peace/getting mats together for a legendary. I should have my back item done by next week. The. It’s full on legendary. Will have to level my tailoring, which will suck, but I must have The Flameseker Propherces.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I’d imagine going after a legendary would be more likely to put a disgruntled or bored player off the game, rather than encourage them to keep playing. For most of the desirable weapons precursor prices are just ridiculously high. Even ascended weapons and armour can be a pain in the kitten if you don’t enjoy playing through a variety of content.

Personally, short and medium term goals are what keep me going. Crafting ascended back items is much more accessible, imo.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Different people are motivated by different things. A lot of people are goal-driven. MMO developers know this, and use goals to make repeating previously-experienced content palatable.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

1) Legendaries are ugly (IMO of course)
2) Legendaries require crafting.

Reasons why pursuing a legendary is not a viable way of maintaining interest in the game for me.

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Well, I don’t even think about having a legendary.
I don’t have that many hour to play.

But I have my little fun. I only have one lvl. 80. And I’m loving leveling my alts. At my own pace. Taking my sweet time to admire the places. Joining other people for events and champions.
I dislike the PVP and don’t plan to do PVP in the future, at least for now. But PVE is giving me tons of fun.
Except Liadri, she only brings despair and sorrow. The rest of the gauntlet is cool.

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

“the money grubbing attitude” Ncsoft is responsible for much of the money element so likely also how they grub the money. With that knowledge it’s how do I say that polite… Not super smart to go for another game by the same publisher. That’s how they seem to work. Squeeze out the money from one game move to the next and the players willing follow throwing in the money again.

So if you don’t like the money grubbing attitude then move to an non-Ncsoft game. Now you are complaining about exactly what you are supporting.

Wildstar is set up differently, to a degree. Hopefully it will keep the NCSoft money grubbing away for a long time. Otherwise, I’ll play the game till it goes to kitten, then move on. The same thing I did with GW2.

I believe it also comes down to the development team as well.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@OP

Great post!! Even if that goal for some people isn’t a Legendary, having an in game goal is a great way to maintain interest. Some other tips for “end game” would be closely following the lore and stories within the game its self. Just talking to NPCs reveal a LOT of insight to Tryia and how it works. Talking and listening to the NPCs during a DE can be vastly amusing. (Recently came across a DE and had to escourt a Priory group to explore a shipwreck and find Orrian artifacts, the leader was all serious about it, but the rest of the party just wanted to relax and have a drink. The party moaned and whined the entire time, and at the end, ended up finding a cask of a rare beer, irritating the leader, and the rest of the party celebrating.) Also some goals could include learning to solo a dungeon, or a fractal. Or gathering all the skins in the game, etc. There area a bunch of fun and rewarding things to do after level 80. Just having a goal helps break the monotony a lot, and keep you coming back.

Edit: Also check out the community events sub forums. Theres usually somethings going on in the world that are fun. Lilith also does some really fun things, like fashinable dungeon runs where everyone wears pink, or something. She has several threads about events shes doing. Or you can start your own event. Like a Norn dancing troupe touring Kryta doing shows, or somthing.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

@OP

Great post!! Even if that goal for some people isn’t a Legendary, having an in game goal is a great way to maintain interest. Some other tips for “end game” would be closely following the lore and stories within the game its self. Just talking to NPCs reveal a LOT of insight to Tryia and how it works. Talking and listening to the NPCs during a DE can be vastly amusing. (Recently came across a DE and had to escourt a Priory group to explore a shipwreck and find Orrian artifacts, the leader was all serious about it, but the rest of the party just wanted to relax and have a drink. The party moaned and whined the entire time, and at the end, ended up finding a cask of a rare beer, irritating the leader, and the rest of the party celebrating.) Also some goals could include learning to solo a dungeon, or a fractal. Or gathering all the skins in the game, etc. There area a bunch of fun and rewarding things to do after level 80. Just having a goal helps break the monotony a lot, and keep you coming back.

Edit: Also check out the community events sub forums. Theres usually somethings going on in the world that are fun. Lilith also does some really fun things, like fashinable dungeon runs where everyone wears pink, or something. She has several threads about events shes doing. Or you can start your own event. Like a Norn dancing troupe touring Kryta doing shows, or somthing.

^^^

The latest:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Edge-of-Fashion-Contest-of-Destiny-Open

Ps. I make my own endgame so anet doesn’t have to xD

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Setting any goal for oneself is almost required to enjoy games (not just MMOs) and that includes Guild Wars 2. People seem to think it’s ANet’s responsibility to create content suited for them instead of their prerogative to find a way to enjoy the content that ANet creates. MMOs are really the only genre of games where players feel so entitled to satisfaction.

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

Setting any goal for oneself is almost required to enjoy games (not just MMOs) and that includes Guild Wars 2. People seem to think it’s ANet’s responsibility to create content suited for them instead of their prerogative to find a way to enjoy the content that ANet creates. MMOs are really the only genre of games where players feel so entitled to satisfaction.

I agree with this 100%. In every MMORPG I have played to date, I have given myself goals (usually very lofty goals at that) to reach. As far as GW2 goes, I’ve probably given myself too many goals, to the point where I’m not even 100% sure where to begin. But it keeps me playing, and it keeps me enjoying my time playing.

If Legendary weapons aren’t your goal, make up another one. Then go for it. Fail or succeed, I think you might find yourself having fun along the journey.

Posted by: Shoryuken.9435

Shoryuken.9435

I started to play FFXIV:AAR instead. And I must admit I’m having 100 times more fun in that game compared what GW2 has ever given me. I guess endgame is most important to me, more than a skin simulator. And yes, I’ve done it all.
Feels like the only thing missing from GW2 now is a green crystal hovering above everyone’s head.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I really personally have never understood the gripe about there being nothing to do at level 80. You finally get access to all trait points. You have a legitimate reason to begin climbing the gear quality ladder as you won’t need to replace gear anymore. This includes upgrades – sigils, runes and of course stat combinations for various builds.

It’s like the game suddenly becomes interesting once you reach the level cap to me. Things actually work together and make sense for a particular build’s gameplay. Traits, runes and sigils have a major impact on how effective your character is – especially apparent any time you decide to push your character and test your limits, like with Gauntlet stuff for example.

I for one am glad it’s so easy to level in GW2, because honestly if it wasn’t, I’d likely not still be playing today. Pre-80 life is a chore to me, as I know my character isn’t living up to all that he or she can be.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Devata.6589

Wildstar is set up differently, to a degree. Hopefully it will keep the NCSoft money grubbing away for a long time. Otherwise, I’ll play the game till it goes to kitten, then move on. The same thing I did with GW2.

I believe it also comes down to the development team as well.

But as long as you keep moving on to another Ncsoft game you are supporting what you are against. Maybe the development team has to do with it but i think it’s at least 50/50.

Wildstar uses a sub so that by itself is a moneygrabber.

Anyway good luck there, but where you to find out the same there then think twice before moving over to yet another Ncsoft game

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

i cant even log on to kill unicorns and u want me to log on to get a legendry. wood rather have a baked sausage in my angus and im not even home oh

Aleglast.6027

maybe you should recommend people try out crafting actual items or doing a dungeon run without getting totally carried before suggesting this not so bad end game you speak of.. nice obscure legendary pitch though

I think you must have skipped through alot of my post, i made it very clear that this was only one tip for burnt out players. And this was not an attack on other ways to enjoy the game, just one way to have fun, for a certain type of gamer. I COMPLETELY agree with almost everything everyone is saying, this is just one tip.

Aleglast.6027

Well, I don’t even think about having a legendary.
I don’t have that many hour to play.

But I have my little fun. I only have one lvl. 80. And I’m loving leveling my alts. At my own pace. Taking my sweet time to admire the places. Joining other people for events and champions.
I dislike the PVP and don’t plan to do PVP in the future, at least for now. But PVE is giving me tons of fun.
Except Liadri, she only brings despair and sorrow. The rest of the gauntlet is cool.

And there aint no problem with that! enjoy it how you want! this is your game.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I don’t think Guild Wars 2 has any coherent design direction whatsoever.

Decisions are made ad hoc, with no greater concept or vision to follow, with no thought or consideration for a greater plan.

They created what was originally a good MMO with an interesting twist and turned it into…..something with no concept. Guild Wars 2 “endgame” is essentially a gold farming contest. The richest players are those who watch trading post data all the time and manipulate markets to everyone’s disdain, not players actually playing the game. sPvP is shallow and while fun at it’s core, horribly balanced and unfun in practice. And then there’s Ascended gear, something NOBODY asked for and NOBODY wanted and yet still came despite it conflicting with ANets original manifesto.

Guild Wars 2 is a mess of a game, quite frankly. It’s like all the clever people who actually knew what the hell they were doing left the game and moved on to newer projects as soon as it went live.