Signet of Inspiration for Guardian?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leonsky.3156

Leonsky.3156

Signet Passive: Grants a random boon every ten seconds.
Signet Active: Copy all of your boons to nearby allies.

Aegis: 10 s
Fury: 5 s
Might: 20 s
Protection: 3 s
Regeneration: 5 s (650 health)
Retaliation: 5 s
Swiftness: 10 s
Vigor: 5 s
Range: 600

Does anyone else think signet of inspiration is kind of pointless on a mesmer. I mean the random boon that generates every 10 secs is nice but that applies to all classes. The active effect isn’t all that great for a mesmer. I think the skill should be added onto guardian skill tree more than anything. Guardians can use " Save Yourselves" + the “Signet of Inspiration” active effect to grant boons to all party members. It seems to be much more useful as a Guardian skill combo than a mesmer skill in my opinion.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Underpowered as a mesmer skill, overpowered as a guardian skill. Imagine the shenanigans with signet of inspiration, empower, and altruistic healing. An 8k heal for yourself, and 24 stacks of might for your whole party.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

it’d be too overpowered, Guardians are already one of the better boon-slingers, they don’t need any help or else it’d just be a monopoly

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

The point is for someone to give you kittenton of boons, and you give them right back. It’s also very flavorful. You’re “inspired” by the boons you received so you try to “inspire” others as well. If it was on a guard, it’d be way too OP with all the boons guardians already get.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Leonsky.3156

It’s only OP in party support sense but if you’re soloing with a guardian that signet doesn’t make the class OP at all. I just thought it would be so much more useful on a Guardian than a mesmer.

It’s practically a “Save Yourselves” skill but party wide everyone benefits from it not just the Guardian.

(edited by Leonsky.3156)

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Totes balanced. Give me it now and never discuss it again.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

It’s only OP in party support sense but if you’re soloing with a guardian that signet doesn’t make the class OP at all. I just thought it would be so much more useful on a Guardian than a mesmer.

It’s practically a “Save Yourselves” skill but party wide everyone benefits from it not just the Guardian.

Aye. If it’s solely on a solo-basis, it does make more sense on a guard. However, you can’t deny the OP it will have on a party-basis. And given that there are quite a number of party-based activities in this game (spvp, dungeons, fractals, WVW, even open-world pve), that’d make it way too OP.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

yea, i mean all those offensive meditation doesn’t fit guardian at all. Aoe burn with awesome fire effect and teleport? it suits warrior better, give them to warrior

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

How about a signet of perpetual swiftness, aka the staff-in-a-box.

lmaonade.9207

I don’t get how you think a party wide “save yourselves” is not overpowered.

of course it’s much more useful on the Guardian, that’s precisely why the Guardian doesn’t have it

Leonsky.3156

The only thing it would do is make Guardians more sort after due to their support abilities. Also having “Save Yourselves” + “Signet of Inspiration” combo activate takes up 2 of the utility skill slot with a good 40sec cool down leaving the guardian with only 1 utility skills to protect themselves for the next 30 – 40 secs. I’m only talking about this PVE wise it would benefit everyone in dungeon run. I don’t care much for WvW or PvP they can have the skill disabled. It doesn’t make the Guardian themselves any stronger since they already have the “Save Yourselves” boons, having the Signet of Inspiration skill would increase overall party performance.

lmaonade.9207

The only thing it would do is make Guardians more sort after due to their support abilities. Also having “Save Yourselves” + “Signet of Inspiration” combo activate takes up 2 of the utility skill slot with a good 40sec cool down leaving the guardian with only 1 utility skills to protect themselves for the next 30 – 40 secs. I’m only talking about this PVE wise it would benefit everyone in dungeon run. I don’t care much for WvW or PvP they can have the skill disabled. It doesn’t make the Guardian themselves any stronger since they already have the “Save Yourselves” boons, having the Signet of Inspiration skill would increase overall party performance.

“It would make them better and stronger but not more powerful because logic”

Leonsky.3156

of course it’s much more useful on the Guardian, that’s precisely why the Guardian doesn’t have it

Definition of Overpowered in my opinion is when one class have advantage over all other classes. But the “Signet of Inspiration” doesn’t make Guardians have advantage over any class it just increases party performance. I mean guardians already have the “Save Yourselves” skill i just thought it would be nice if we could share it with every party member and it only last like 10secs. And when in a party everyone expects the Guardian to tank and keep party members alive and providing them protection boons. This is the perfect skill in my opinion for party support.

(edited by Leonsky.3156)

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Definition of Overpowered in my opinion is when one class have advantage over all other classes. But the “Signet of Inspiration” doesn’t make Guardians have advantage over any class it just increases party performance.

“I throw my logic TO DA GROUND!!”

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

lmaonade.9207

Definition of Overpowered in my opinion is when one class have advantage over all other classes. But the “Signet of Inspiration” doesn’t make Guardians have advantage over any class it just increases party performance. I mean guardians already have the “Save Yourselves” skill i just thought it would be nice if we could share it with every party member and it only last like 10secs. And when in a party everyone expects the Guardian to tank and keep party members alive and providing them protection boons. This is the perfect skill in my opinion for party support.

It IS the perfect combo for party support, that’s what makes it overpowered! You’re twisting your logic too much, I could give Time Warp to Guardian and say it’s “higher party performance,” nothing overpowered about it at all.

Leonsky.3156

So a Guardian having to use up 2 of their utility skill with a 40sec cool down on both to give everyone in the party 10sec boon buff is OP while Warriors have infinite party wide might (" For Great Justice" to accompany them with Signet of Rage 30sec of might is not OP. Yeah this skill is definitely not logical and …. definitely OP for Guardians because warriors can have infinite might and not be considered OP.

(edited by Leonsky.3156)

lmaonade.9207

So a Guardian having to use up 2 of their utility skill with a 40sec cool down on both to give everyone in the party 10sec boon buff is OP while Warriors have infinite party wide might (" For Great Justice" to accompany them with Signet of Rage 30sec of might is not OP. Yeah this skill is definitely not logical and …. definitely OP for Guardians because warriors can have infinite might and not be considered OP.

Some Guardians are ALREADY giving up 2 slots for 4 boons of party support (SYG and HTL), and most Guardians use some OTHER method of party support (such as party wide condition removal), this puts it over the top by allowing the guardian to give every boon there is, while still keeping most if not all of their innate support. Guardians were already powerful party supports before, I don’t see how you think this won’t bolster their status and the party support.

How exactly is a permanent 3 stacks of might overpowered? I could put on Bane Signet on Guardian or Signet of Might on Warrior and it’ll already be more powerful than the 3 stacks of might. Another thing is that are you seriously comparing perma 3 stacks of might and 33% uptime on fury to 33% uptime on ALL boons? For starters it’s already as good or better than fury from For Great Justice, another thing is that it includes the BEST boons in the game: Stability and Protection.

I can’t even explain it in words very well because of how painfully obvious it is that a party wide all boon buff would completely destroy balance.

Leonsky.3156

You were comparing time warp to so i gave an example of other class skills. I’m sorry but " Save yourselves" don’t apply stability have you ever played a guardian before? I’m just saying that the signet would be so much more useful on Guardians in PVE, You guys seem to think its OP because it would make guardians the top sort after class in party support. Guardian already have ’ Hold the Line " skills which provide protection and regeneration. How does it exactly destroy the balance class wise. Does it make Guardians more Stronger no it doesn’t, it just makes their supportive role a lot more better. The term you are using shouldn’t be overpowered since all class benefits from it. Exactly how does this skill even make the guardian OP in a solo basis. It doesn’t! It would be useless without a party. The only thing this skill would do to guardians is make people prefer them over other classes in Party. We already see this happening in CoF with zerk war and mes. So stop saying its OP or unbalanced because its not. It just changes people’s opinion of which class they want better in a party.

lmaonade.9207

You were comparing time warp to so i gave an example of other class skills. I’m sorry but " Save yourselves" don’t apply stability have you ever played a guardian before? I’m just saying that the signet would be so much more useful on Guardians in PVE, You guys seem to think its OP because it would make guardians the top sort after class in party support. Guardian already have ’ Hold the Line " skills which provide protection and regeneration. How does it exactly destroy the balance class wise. Does it make Guardians more Stronger no it doesn’t, it just makes their supportive role a lot more better. The term you are using shouldn’t be overpowered since all class benefits from it. Exactly how does this skill even make the guardian OP in a solo basis. It doesn’t! It would be useless without a party. The only thing this skill would do to guardians is make people prefer them over other classes in Party. We already see this happening in CoF with zerk war and mes. So stop saying its OP or unbalanced because its not. It just changes people’s opinion of which class they want better in a party.

use SYG and SY for all boons including stability, use signet of inspiration for party wide god mode.

how exactly does it change people’s opinions of anything? The Guardian is already a must have in any max effectiveness party, I’m sorry that you’ve been stuck doing 2nd rate “speed” runs but the Guardian is already an almighty party support everywhere else. This would literally give them a power that is untouched by any single class, they would be pushed to a tier above the current “meta” and it’s disturbing that you fail to see it.

and since its clear that you cannot grasp the magnitude of your own suggestion i’ll just leave it as that.

Leonsky.3156

use SYG and SY for all boons including stability, use signet of inspiration for party wide god mode.

how exactly does it change people’s opinions of anything? The Guardian is already a must have in any max effectiveness party, I’m sorry that you’ve been stuck doing 2nd rate “speed” runs but the Guardian is already an almighty party support everywhere else. This would literally give them a power that is untouched by any single class, they would be pushed to a tier above the current “meta” and it’s disturbing that you fail to see it.

and since its clear that you cannot grasp the magnitude of your own suggestion i’ll just leave it as that.

Please tell me you’re joking about Guardian being a must for a party. If you’ve every play guardian before you should know that the Stability only last 5secs and the buffs only last 10 secs so its not god mode you’re totally exagerating. Having use all of your utility skill renders the guardian useless for supportive abilities besides the virtues. It doesn’t make the guardian bump up a tier this is all in your own opinion base. If a guardian did what you suggested of using up all 3 utility skills all at once i can assure you that guardian is not going to last. Using up all 3 utility skill just so the party can go into " Your so call God Mode" is idiotic. If the enemy uses a knockdown or any stun skills the Guardian is useless because the guardian had already used up all the utility skills to buff the party members using the “Signet of Inspiration” and cannot break out of stun ( In an Arah EXP run this guardian would be dead on lupi in an instance and cannot provide any buff for themselves or party members until the cd of 48secs for Save Yourselves is over). The skill combo is a double edged sword
it Give yourself and party members 10secs of all buffs but it makes yourself unable to use any utility skills until 48secs is over making the guardian vulnerable to all sort of incoming attacks and damage. So you sir fail to see that this combo skill is a double edged sword not just a one sided win for Guardians. Obviously you don’t know how Guardians work and even if you do own one i can tell you now, you fail at being a guardian.

(edited by Leonsky.3156)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Underpowered as a mesmer skill

Arcane Thievery + Signet of Inspiration would like a word

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Underpowered as a mesmer skill…

Not exactly. Sig of Inspiration gives Mesmers more build diversity and is one of the main reasons a support-focused Mesmer is possible. Mesmer’s staff alone gives 6 of the 9 boons, combine Arcane Thievery, certain traits, &/or certain runes, and you’re competing with Guardians on boon application.

Posted by: Kharel Arhew.1437

Kharel Arhew.1437

In order to explain why this is broken, let me first explain my build. I run a Boonway guardian build. It has 33% minimum uptime on every boon in the game. It has permanent swiftness, permanent retaliation, permanent vigor, and keeps a consistent 10 stacks of might (5-6 on allies) at all times. It has near permanent regeneration, and well over 100% uptime on protection while using the hammer. When I use Save Yourselves, I enter a virtual godmode, at which point it is next to impossible for an enemy to kill me for the next 16 seconds, without the use of extreme boonstripping mechanics.

Now, add in signet of inspiration. Guardians have a trait that improves signets’ passive effects, which I’m assuming would also apply to SoI, probably by increasing the frequency or duration of applied boons, and another trait giving 20% reduced signet cooldown.

So, why is this broken? First, the signet would give a significant addition to my base 33% boon uptime. Coupled with SYG, it would allow me to grant 66% stability uptime to allies. Coupled with Save Yourselves, I could give that personal godmode to allies for 16 seconds. It would allow me to grant fury to allies, which guardians currently cannot do at all (adding completely new capabilities to the class). Coupled with the insane amount of boons my virtues grant, I could grant incredible amounts of regeneration, protection, might, and retaliation to allies. You think the complaining in WvW about retaliation is bad now? Try it when I can grant perma-retaliation to an entire group.

To look at the end effect, specifically in WvW: Imagine you’re in a small 5-man group, battling another 5-man in an open field. Your enemies have a Boonway guardian equipped with signet of inspiration. You do not. Your enemies can now move 33% faster, dodge more frequently, take 33% less damage, crit 20% more often, can’t be CC’d, hit considerably harder (both directly and with conditions), deal damage whenever you touch them, and heal for 3.2k over the next 16 seconds. Your players may have a few of these effects, though probably not for as long, and not all at once.

It’s not going to take all of those 16 seconds to turn your team into a puddle.

The only possible way I could accept SoI being given to guardians is if it was made an elite skill, with a very long cooldown (and probably replacing Tome of Whatever). Even then, it would still be brokenly overpowered.